420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Bannon, alt-right lash out at Romney, Mormons by Emma Pockstock - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 10:41:21 EST ID:7a5ukmqg No.163963 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1512661281996.jpg -(41985B / 41.00KB, 240x395) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 41985
http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2017/12/06/hatch-blasts-bannons-attack-on-romneys-faith-as-disappointing-and-unjustified/
As the fight over Roy Moore and the soul (lol) of the Republican party continues, the alt-right wing of the party has turned its sights on an old favorite: the Mormons. After Romney essentially called Moore a "stain" on the party, froglord Steve Bannon lashed out at Romney with a direct attack on his faith:
>“By the way, Mitt, while we’re on the subject of honor and integrity, you avoided service, brother,” Bannon said, according to The Washington Post. “Mitt, here’s how it is, brother: The college deferments, we can debate that — but you hid behind your religion. You went to France to be a missionary while guys were dying in rice paddies in Vietnam.”

This had the predictable result of pissing off pretty much everyone in Utah, including Hatch:
>“I also resent anyone attacking any person’s religious views, but particularly our own Christian LDS faith and the selfless service of missionary work,” Hatch continued. “I’d be more than happy to sit down with Mr. Bannon and help him understand more about the LDS Church at his convenience. I’ve got a copy of the Book of Mormon with his name on it.”

This will likely only widen the rift growing within the party as the ascendant shithead redneck wing of the party continues to antagonise alienate everyone else within both the party and the country as a whole:
>While Bannon’s statements may turn off or irritate those in the West’s Mormon Belt, it could play well in the deep South, including Alabama, where a key constituency of evangelicals see the LDS faith as heretical. And it could be a concerted effort to drive evangelicals to the polls for the special election Tuesday. Moore holds a small lead over Democrat Doug Jones.
>>
Hedda Pittway - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 10:49:43 EST ID:kFmX3/Gj No.163966 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This comes at the same time as the Donald decided to privatize national parks in Utah, literally the place that Mormons view as Zion. Next he's going to move their capitol building from Salt Lake to Provo as a power move.

The Mormons have lots of money and make up a large portion of the FBI due to their squeaky clean backgrounds and the fact that lots of them learn a second language for their missions and have international travel experience.

I never thought I would find myself cheering for the Mormon church. So far only a few native American tribes are suing him but give it a week and the top legal team out of BYU will hopefully be assisting with the lawsuit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/04/us/trump-bears-ears.html
>>
Ian Gallywane - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:28:13 EST ID:3xiN23wL No.163969 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1512664093289.png -(277738B / 271.23KB, 780x780) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>This will likely only widen the rift growing within the party as the ascendant shithead redneck wing of the party continues to antagonise alienate everyone else
Where are they going to go? Bannon knows he's punching down. He'll get more hits to his website and isn't risking the far right's grasp on the government by talking shit on mormons, cause they bow down to the republican party regardless of how poorly their values align.

If Orrin Hatch or mormons at large want to send a message that this isn't cool, they should actually vote with their conscience instead of blindly following party lines.
>>
John Gocklenin - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 18:23:11 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.163982 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>163969
Mormons?
Think for themselves?
Is such a thing possible?
>>
Frederick Fozzlespear - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 18:29:32 EST ID:DSUvrKv+ No.163983 Ignore Report Quick Reply
anyone else read it in a hulk hogan voice?
>>
Esther Cranningman - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 19:00:56 EST ID:bwT9isft No.163986 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The ilk like bannon are only alt light because it'd be political suicide to say what's directly on their mind. They still have to finish unraveling and unleashing their plans. But what they're thinking is clear "poor people, blacks, Mexicans, Muslims and liberals all need to suck the dicks of the rich or enjoy indefenite detainment. Faggots too"
>>
Hugh Blingerwine - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 19:14:45 EST ID:kFmX3/Gj No.163988 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1512692085906.jpg -(321976B / 314.43KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>163983
Not until I read this. Pretty good stuff.
>>
Hannah Mannerchon - Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:22:07 EST ID:EkHg3YQi No.164070 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>163983
So in private emails Bannon talks like basic teenage white girl, but when he's trying to sound tough in public he talks like Hulk Hogan?

Interesting.
>>
Cedric Pittway - Mon, 11 Dec 2017 15:26:32 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.164077 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164070
Pretty much. He is beyond pathetic.
>>
Graham Pendlesock - Mon, 11 Dec 2017 16:01:58 EST ID:Irwrcamk No.164079 Ignore Report Quick Reply
WELL YA KNOW SOMETHIN MITT ROMNEY DUDE
YOU AINT GOT NO BALLS JACK
I BEEN TO THE MOUNTAIN TOPS IN SAIGON BROTHER
I WORKED A SHOOT ON THOSE RICE PADDY VIETCONG MIDGETS MAN
>>
Sidney Broshson - Mon, 11 Dec 2017 19:04:03 EST ID:ZqNU3ikO No.164080 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1513037043834.webm [mp4] -(3784982B / 3.61MB, 640x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>164079
>>
William Suckleman - Tue, 12 Dec 2017 19:17:03 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.164135 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164080
Either your encoding sucks or those guys need a clapper board like yesterday....
>>
Sophie Monningpedge - Wed, 13 Dec 2017 17:41:46 EST ID:u35xloTz No.164174 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1513204906846.png -(203214B / 198.45KB, 1185x1212) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>163969
I don't think you're giving Utah enough credit. They demonstrated more than any other state their willingness to vote their values over party. And the direction that the party is headed is becoming more and more at odds with Mormon values. Utah hates Trump and the alt-right more than probably any other deep red state. If Alabama can send a Democrat to the Senate, it's entirely conceivable that a non-terrible non-Clinton non-threatening Democrat could win there against Trump. If's there's ever a time when the Republican hold over educated, immigration-friendly, pervert-hating, skeptical-of-evangelicals Utah could finally falter, now would probably be that time.

I say if Bannon wants to make that more of a possibility by attacking their weirdo religion and mocking their precious White Horse, then all the better.
>>
Thomas Godgedock - Tue, 09 Jan 2018 08:17:35 EST ID:n5fI0rtn No.164723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515503855031.jpg -(185019B / 180.68KB, 633x356) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/01/mitt-romney-is-reportedly-running-for-orrin-hatchs.html
>The photo at the top of this story is Trump’s infamous dinner with Romney where he wanted him to beg to become Secretary of State, and was likely just another opportunity for the president to humiliate a political opponent. What would make Senator Romney interesting is not just his public anti-Trump stances (granted, plenty of GOP Senators have publicly denounced Trump, only to enact his agenda), but the fact that his niece is the GOP chairwoman, Ronna Romney McDaniel.
The White Horse is back, baby! Deseret will rise again!
>>
Charles Bardshit - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:33:35 EST ID:CrzK7cKZ No.164821 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164723
The media and the centrists really trying to make this a thing. Romney's their last hope to keep believing that American conservatism isn't the howling snakepit of hateful ignorance that Trump revealed it to be. Some geniuses even want him to run as Independent for some reason.
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900007326/experts-tell-washington-post-that-romneys-potential-run-for-senator-could-lead-to-trumpism-vs-mitt-ism.html

Unfortunately for them, I don't think that "Mitt-ism" is going to save their precious GOP.
>>
Doris Brovingcocke - Mon, 15 Jan 2018 19:36:11 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.164907 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164821
Trumpism already won. Look at Shitholegate. Two sitting GOP senators changed their fucking story to back the Trump lie that he never said anything like shithole. They went from "we don't recall him saying that," to "OH HE NEVER SAID THAT! HE IS A RIGHTEOUS MAN OF JEBUS!"

That whole party is under his thumb.
>>
Shitting Corringsterk - Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:36:49 EST ID:lWlEy1EO No.164923 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164907
>That whole party is under his thumb.

I think those people just like their jobs, or rather the benefits and status that it gives them. Most (probably all) of them are too afraid to break ranks because it makes them an easy target, and gives an undesirable reputation of having integrity.

In any case it's awfully convenient that the whole incident came shortly after the release of Fire and Fury. Instead of dissecting this in-depth look into the shitshow that is the current white house the media is debating use of profanity and "possible" racism.
>>
Reuben Gipperridge - Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:46:22 EST ID:eNO2QElp No.164925 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164923
>I think those people just like their jobs, or rather the benefits and status that it gives them. Most (probably all) of them are too afraid to break ranks because it makes them an easy target, and gives an undesirable reputation of having integrity.

>Trump backs Luther Strange, Strange loses primary election
>Trump backs Roy Moore, Moore loses general election

Trump's approval rating continues to go down. Getting the seal of approval from him does more harm than good. High ranking congressmen like McConnell and Ryan have to walk a fine line, sure, but if I was a relative nobody or any type of non-federal politician in the GOP, I would distance myself as much as I can from Trump.
>>
Sidney Fisslehitch - Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:44:10 EST ID:8K6XRxWv No.164926 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164925
Trump isn't exactly the point here. They're trying to stay loyal to the GOP whilst dodging whatever Trump does or says. Which is a crazily fine line at this point that's only going to get worse. Plus these people aren't up for election right now, so their best bet right now is to take themselves out of the game through distancing and obfuscation.

Being anti-Trump=sense of disloyalty to these people. The playfield is so polarized right now so that any misstep could mean the end of their career. While at the same time the big guy at the top is almost untouchable and seems to take every opportunity to abuse this power.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.