420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Baltimore hospital introduces world to "patient dumping" in viral video by Charles Bardshit - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:12:39 EST ID:CrzK7cKZ No.164825 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1515780759260.jpg -(84944B / 82.95KB, 1028x675) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 84944
Take a good look at your future, America.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-media-fury-follows-video-of-dazed-woman-put-out-in-cold-by-baltimore-hospital/2018/01/11/b8a7866c-f70d-11e7-b34a-b85626af34ef_story.html?utm_term=.acf2b297f8e7
>“So wait, y’all just going to leave this lady out here with no clothes on?” said Imamu Baraka, referring to a dazed woman wearing only a thin hospital gown and socks whom they had left alone at a bus stop Tuesday night in mid-30s temperatures. Her face appeared bloody, her eyes empty.

>It was the latest incident of “patient dumping,” which has sparked outrage around the country — and one that, according to an expert, probably violated a 1986 federal law that mandates hospitals release those in their care into a safe environment.

>The phenomenon was pervasive two decades ago, when the law was largely unenforced, Caplan said, but it remains a problem from California to Virginia.
>>
Graham Clankindutch - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:36:15 EST ID:w4G8ki2H No.164826 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Take a good look at your future

Except this has been happening for decades now. It's what happens when your healthcare is ran like a business. No money, no service.
>>
Cornelius Gapperpog - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:40:25 EST ID:l0bR22Gh No.164827 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164826
That doesn't mean that it can't get worse. Did you forget that we have an executive, legislature and judiciary all dominated by people dedicated to making this worse?

This is your country's future in the sense that you will no longer be able to ignore the problem like you were doing before.
>>
Augustus Hisslespear - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:51:49 EST ID:mnDVFZu6 No.164828 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164826
What this guy said,

This is old news my man and a common practice in the health care industrie. You're like 20 years late hommie.
>>
Phoebe Blucklehood - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:03:29 EST ID:Gp3sIOq7 No.164829 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164828
>You're like 20 years late hommie.
I know you think you're being super clever and above-it-all, but you do realize that the OP already pointed that the concept has been around for that long, right?
>>
Graham Clankindutch - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:28:51 EST ID:w4G8ki2H No.164830 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164827
>This is your country's future in the sense that you will no longer be able to ignore the problem like you were doing before.

You'd be surprised at our ability to ignore problems.
>>
Augustus Hisslespear - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:32:57 EST ID:mnDVFZu6 No.164831 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164829
The article points it out as if it's a recent discovery. Not shitting on him or anything, but really this is old news. It's a common practice. Also, OP makes it seem like "This is your future" as if it it wasn't already happening.
>>
Hannah Farringchitch - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:38:49 EST ID:OvNGMg70 No.164832 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164831
>The article points it out as if it's a recent discovery.
The video that made knowledge of this practice more widespread and added further controversy to the ongoing healthcare debate is a recent discovery though. The incident was recent, it went viral recently, and viral public awareness about this practice is recent.

Like, the concept of terrorism is also decades old, does that mean any news story about recent terror attacks turns into this game of "I knew about the concept before it was cool" with you? What is even the point?
>>
Augustus Hisslespear - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:54:25 EST ID:mnDVFZu6 No.164833 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164832
>I knew about the concept before it was cool" with you? What is even the point?

What are you 16. Of course that's not my intention, but this is not a new thing it's as like I pointed out a common occurrence. It's been reported hundreds, people are only pointed out because it went viral on video. It shows how much people don't read or follow the news.
>>
Nicholas Clondledock - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:30:34 EST ID:cJniQirS No.164834 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164833

>people are only pointed out because it went viral on video. It shows how much people don't read or follow the news.

Slacktivism in a nutshell. They see it in their timeline, get mad, then forget about it as soon as the next viral shit hits their timeline. People only getting their news from their social media timeline bums me out. I remember people joking in a tongue-in-cheek way that today's youth were in trouble for only getting their news from The Daily show, but this is 100x worse now.
>>
Fanny Grandville - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:14:48 EST ID:u35xloTz No.164835 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>people are only pointed out because it went viral on video
Why should that matter as long as people are made more aware of it? Shouldn't the concern be making sure that people *are* made aware, rather than acting all smug about *how* they're made aware?

Also, no, the overall context of the healthcare debate, the push for Medicare for All and the subsequently higher number of healthcare-related media pieces is clearly also a part of why this story has legs. Bitching about kids these days and their newfangled video media seems like it's massively missing the forest for the trees.
>>
Cornelius Wirringdire - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:51:05 EST ID:ojjwPRrO No.164840 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164834
i take it you actually did something when you found out about it, then, unlike those lousy slacktivists.
>>
Clara Heckleway - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:27:02 EST ID:/rTDzx2F No.164859 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515875222501.jpg -(111207B / 108.60KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>164835
By your logic it should matter now because it was on a viral video. It's as almost you disconsider all past reports and it's only important as of now.

>Shouldn't the concern be making sure that people *are* made aware, rather than acting all smug about *how* they're made aware?

People have been made aware, and it's been reported thousands of time, not sure why I need to keep repeating my self, it's sad people need to figure this out on a video to be finally address.You know, there are on topics on news publications like health and sciences, world news, tech, ect. I'm sorry you dont read those and most people don't, but it's all there. It just seems to me like you get your news from Facebook or are only interested in braking news headlines.

In some sense yes, you could say I am acting a little smug about it l, but not until now. You just strike me as a arrogant little 21 year old shit. All I said was this old news, lurk moar. And you got all pissy about it.

Now, I'll leave you a picture of Kuato as he famously said "Open your mind"
>>
Samuel Murringstone - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:46:13 EST ID:u35xloTz No.164860 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164859
So that's what all this whining is about, so you can brag about how you don't get your news from Facebook?

Do you really think that's some sort of noteworthy accomplishment?
>>
Sega does what Nintendont - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:50:19 EST ID:/rTDzx2F No.164861 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164860
Don't get your panties all in a twist because I told you off.
>>
Fanny Turveyfuck - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 16:55:29 EST ID:O7R8jdys No.164865 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164834
To be fair, there is an over abundance of media to absorb. There are way too many issues and not enough time. One can get burned out from all the news pretty quickly. It's especially easy to become apathetic in a post-Trumpist America. Some in part because it's desensitizing us.
>>
James Tootforth - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:53:43 EST ID:zf5oDWVp No.164867 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164859
>All I said was this old news
That article came out literally two days ago.
>>
Martin Fublingnon - Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:42:44 EST ID:hPXU206k No.164903 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>164825

You know I watched this whole video, and to me it looked like a case of apathetic third-shift security guards who really didn't feel like doing their job correctly that night and thought they could get away with it, but got caught.

Have y'all ever been to an inner city hospital late at night? None of the third shift ER security people are really the type to be enthusiastic about their jobs, or even put in anything more than the bare minimum of effort (sometimes not even that...)

Probably everyone who was on that shift is going to lose their jobs is what's going to happen. And rightfully so. I think this is more of a problem of "people who were supposed to do a job one way but decided to not do it at all because they don't care."

Any kind of medical reform or medicare for all isn't gonna change the fact that some people just have absolutely no interest in doing their jobs correctly.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.