Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan's Canada Cannabis Legalization Logitech Giveaway

We're giving away Logitech hardware to lucky 420chan users to celebrate recreational legalization on October 17!
Round 1 Giveaway Entry     Discussion Thread
Korea´s settle for peace by Lillian Heblingnack - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:32:47 EST ID:qGAVHluK No.167969 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1524857567886.jpg -(199617B / 194.94KB, 1024x630) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 199617
North Korea's Kim Jong-un pledges 'new history' with South Korea.

>In a joint declaration released after a historic summit, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in have pledged to pursue "a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula" and to work towards "a permanent and solid peace regime."

Wow, I am pretty sure this has to do with Trumps Administration interfering in a long he knows nothing about, and finally both were like, shit we cant trust America to do anything right now.

http://www.dw.com/en/koreas-pledge-to-pursue-final-peace-denuclearization/av-43568346
>>
Shit Pingernot - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:37:31 EST ID:tjqdoecP No.167970 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>167969

Its all an act. They dismantle a few bombs, abandon that 1 underground nuclear test site that collapsed, and let the peons believe the war has ended. Then when the money has rolled in and the western military has backed out of S korea they'll take that shit over real quick..

4/10 this isn't even gonna be a good movie, it'll probably have The Rock in it.
>>
Lillian Heblingnack - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:41:12 EST ID:qGAVHluK No.167971 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>167970
Hahaha, I dont man, your theory sounds plausible though.
>>
Henry Dandlebury - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:58:39 EST ID:XEYvc9VE No.167972 Ignore Report Quick Reply
it's kinda insane how much credit the right is trying to give trump for this, simply for his "tough talk" twitter rants.
>>
Lillian Heblingnack - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 16:05:47 EST ID:qGAVHluK No.167973 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>167972
really? got screenshots. I dont follow twitter.
>>
Nicholas Crondleforth - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 16:20:05 EST ID:M6dL3wIr No.167975 Ignore Report Quick Reply
lol. earthquakes caused NK's nuclear testing facility to collapse so fatty kim has no other options currently.
>>
Edward Nallerham - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 16:42:35 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.167977 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>167970
This.
The NORKS are known for pulling shit like this all the time. They get a bunch of concessions, and then go right back to being assholes.

The scary thing here is that it looks like Moon wants a unified Korea, which would mean Kim stays in power for life.
>>
Simon Bremmlekidge - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 17:38:29 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.167982 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524865109494.jpg -(86389B / 84.36KB, 992x558) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
North Koreas Great Successor also doesn't shit if you believe the norks. They've been trying to score a meeting with POTUS for generations and Trump is giving it to them for free lol.

No way they give up their nukes.
https://theintercept.com/2017/07/29/dan-coats-north-korea-nukes-nuclear-libya-regime-change/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/north-korea-nuclear-weapons-donald-trump-1.4244020
>>
Cedric Sungerdale - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 17:51:11 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.167983 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524865871849.jpg -(102039B / 99.65KB, 518x671) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>167972
>>
Simon Bremmlekidge - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 18:23:27 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.167989 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>167983
Probably true. The have been counting on deterrence up till now but that only works on "rational actors"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_irrationality
>>
Sidney Braddleson - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 18:35:25 EST ID:tlilhxRg No.167990 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>167983
Why would you believe the foreign minister on that shit?

If the minister of defense or the minister of home affairs said it... they'd have a point. But the minister of foreign affairs... you can never trust what a minister of foreign affairs say because they're basically salesmen of their country, trying to buy up goodwill at bargain prices.
>>
Martin Grimfuck - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 18:43:40 EST ID:WXUWSia2 No.167991 Ignore Report Quick Reply
From what I've read its more that even with all their tricks, the Kims are near broke.

Should have bought the cheaper Wine Un.
>>
Sidney Braddleson - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 19:16:14 EST ID:tlilhxRg No.167992 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If this is the road to unification, I imagine Kim wants amnesty so he can just go be a rich playboy without the whole political hassle. South-Korea is hypercapitalist and corrupt as fuck so he can probably still swing some power around underground.
>>
Eugene Guggledodging - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 22:23:08 EST ID:xAmHx9MV No.167994 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's actually surprisingly easy to reunite Korea, the US just needs to butt out for a second and the Korean's will sort it out themselves. This shit ain't hard. They ain't Hutu's and Tutsi's. The can compromise on how much Juche and free markets they want.

Kim getting the bomb is what started off this shit but most of the credit goes to Moon for playing Trump's ego like a fucking fiddle. For example >>167983 is a pure cynical attempt to stroke Trump's ego. I mean it's correct in a way, Trump is allowing North Korea to the table. But the DPRK was always ready to negotiate with South Korea, it's just the US wouldn't let them because they want a their big ass military base and a reason to spend money on weapons.

>>167970
this is the dumbest take I've heard on the issue. DPRK isn't going to nuke it's fellow Koreans. That's as absurd is worrying that East Germany would nuke West Germany. The North Korean's have no intention of going to war against the South or the US again since the last time it was basically genocide. There wasn't two stacked bricks in the DPRK by then end of it.
>>
Graham Nandlewire - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 12:31:50 EST ID:T4JbmD3p No.168016 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>167994
>The North Korean's have no intention of going to war against the South or the US again since the last time it was basically genocide. There wasn't two stacked bricks in the DPRK by then end of it.
Americans like to conveniently forget that we killed a fucking third of their population for basically no good reason.

So it's always a little rich when we go around portraying them as the dangerously irrational bloodthirsty savages for the crime of not liking us very much.
>>
Priscilla Tillingson - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 13:08:54 EST ID:WXUWSia2 No.168017 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168016
>Americans like to conveniently forget that we killed a fucking third of their population for basically no good reason.

Illegally invading the south?
>>
Graham Nandlewire - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 13:32:41 EST ID:T4JbmD3p No.168018 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524936761219.jpg -(34422B / 33.62KB, 580x435) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168017
One country on the other side of the world "illegally" invading another country on the other side of the world is not a good reason for you to commit genocide.

If Russia flattened all our population centers and massacred millions of our people and then ganked the South and turned it into a puppet state, and some Russian shitposter on the internet said it was justified because of Manifest Destiny or the Spanish-American War or the Iraq War, would you agree?
>>
Phineas Druddlehall - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 16:22:38 EST ID:1fIHantD No.168019 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>167994

>Kim getting the bomb is what started off this shit but most of the credit goes to Moon for playing Trump's ego like a fucking fiddle.

Yeah, it seems like this sudden air of mutual SLAYER is a result of a combination of unlikely circumstances. An American president who fucking love hyperboles almost as much as he loves using force, the fact that the bomb makes NK practically untouchable, a wildcard NK leader educated in Switzerland, a president in SK who actually was born in North Korea during the war and thus have personal understanding of the cost of war.

Tom Clansy never wrote at this level.
>>
Doris Baggledeck - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:27:41 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168021 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168017
>Illegally invading
The irony.

The last time the US "legally" attacked anybody--according to their own laws, neverrnind the fact that "laws" superseding state-level agency are incredibly specious--was in 1942.
>>
Angus Soshfat - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:39:58 EST ID:M6dL3wIr No.168022 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168019

pretty keen insights you are sharing. i agree.
>>
Priscilla Tillingson - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 18:36:22 EST ID:WXUWSia2 No.168023 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168018
>One country on the other side of the world "illegally" invading another country on the other side of the world is not a good reason for you to commit genocide.

NK deaths 1,550,000 killed/wounded (est.) Not 1/3 as you claim.
>>
Rebecca Crubbershit - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 18:46:04 EST ID:hwwTIBMb No.168024 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168023
>arguing that some estimates of the exact number of innocent people your government murdered isn't quite as big as other estimates say it is, and implying that if this is true then everything's fine and the genocide was justified because it could have been a worse genocide
This is like exactly what neo-Nazis do to argue that Hitler did nothing wrong and that Tankies do to to argue that Stalin/Mao did nothing wrong.

What the fuck is the matter with you, Priscilla?
>>
Priscilla Tillingson - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 19:27:24 EST ID:WXUWSia2 No.168025 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168024
Your a fanatic, and not worth talking to.
>>
Fucking Chemmerlodge - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 20:12:18 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168026 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168025
>fanatic
I don't think you know what that word means considering in the very post you're replying to he's refuting fanatic apologia.

Feel free to throw in the towel though since I doubt you'll find a leg to stand on when you're supporting war crime.
>>
Nicholas Snodham - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 22:08:09 EST ID:M6dL3wIr No.168028 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524967689542.png -(28346B / 27.68KB, 500x335) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168025
>>
Edwin Puttingwill - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 05:04:19 EST ID:f3G9UTNO No.168041 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524992659602.jpg -(37873B / 36.99KB, 474x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The wonderful thing about assfuck retarded heaps of trump trash applauding Trump for this is that it is thanks to Trump that this is happening, but its Trump's gross incompetence and diplomatic kryptonite which has allowed south korea to distance itself from the US and north korea to approach the world stage

no other US president would have allowed this to happen

Trump is the GOAT anti-imperialist just because of how he's sabotaging US power projection around the world

It is no different from kids being friends with the shitty kid at school only because someone shittier has enrolled

If the war ends, then the two Koreas start putting reunifaction on the menu then the US will be in deep shit. Kim will only accept reunification if the US removes their troops from SK. Which means the Amerilards would lose their precious military bases right on China's door. No sane american president with 3 brain cells to rub together would want that to happen.

Trump and others in his regime let it slip that they considered Korean lives as worthless, they literally said that they were okay with war on the peninsula because "no Americans would die".

That made the South Koreans realize that their alliance with the US was less than worthless, it was suicidal.

If peace breaks out it isn't because Trump's a peace maker, it's because US lawmakers were too pro war for their own good.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:53:46 EST ID:Zc+U/uox No.168057 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Time for a nobel peace prize. (Sarcasm no ban plz)
After Aung San Suu Kyi and Barack pretty sure you can get one not only if you didn't do anything, but actually did some pretty terrible shit.
>>
Fucking Chemmerlodge - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 19:08:06 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168058 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168057
Whether or not you believe in Nth dimensional chess, this is a really interesting predicament for the vampire clan which administers Peace Prizes. American dominance over South Korea--and the whole North Korean smokescreen attached to it--has been a plague in the region and a lynchpin in the US global hegemony insofar as SK has been their loyal puppet in the United Nations all this time.

After decades of US propaganda building the Kims up as Practically Hitlers, and South Korea themselves crediting Trump, and the fucking legitimacy-sucking global insult that was those two you mentioned, it's going to be hard as hell to justify not giving Reality Television Star Donald Trump the prize.

Again, I get that a lot of users swallow the clown act and think it's literally impossible for anyone in politics to have a plan, but the stage is set here to potentially checkmate the UN itself.
>>
Fanny Drumblecocke - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 20:09:33 EST ID:N0GOwIpy No.168061 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168058
What about the part where the Norks are just going to play along long enough to get some economic benefit from joining the world stage and relief from sanctions? What about the part where Kim is never giving up ALL of the nukes and will only trade a few for money and regime security. (he's in his early 30s iirc and wants to rule his whole life)

All trump has done is go on childish twitter rants and taken an upcoming meeting with a dictator that was sprung on him unexpectedly. I know that seems like a huge accomplishment but the only one who really had a plan here is Un. Trump is doing his typical wing-it shit and saying the world should kiss his ass because of it. Un studied him and realized he's a childish moron with no plan and he can ram the US hard while getting everything he wants if he plays his cards right. Allowing a dictator to complete his nuke program while legitimizing him as a ruler on the world stage just isn't what the peace prize is handed out for. Not to mention that these are JUST TALKS. Talks to establish what is to be expected of the Norks...the real work (and proof of said work) is all going to happen afterward and can FALL APART ANYTIME.

The prize is handed out for actually doing something is my point. Un promising to be a good boy when his family has a history of using this bullshit play for the past few decades is not what it's for. Maybe I'm retarded though and Trump will get the prize...I assume on the same day pigs start flying and i can turn water into wine.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 20:46:01 EST ID:Zc+U/uox No.168062 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168061
>What about the part where the Norks are just going to play along long enough to get some economic benefit from joining the world stage and relief from sanctions? What about the part where Kim is never giving up ALL of the nukes and will only trade a few for money and regime security.

You're bang on here
>I know that seems like a huge accomplishment but the only one who really had a plan here is Un

I mean, I'm open to the idea, but do you really attribute that much strategic analysis to the hermit kingdom? Wouldn't Occam's Razor imply its more lilely this was one of the few moves left to NK due to declining relationships with China as they saw the lurking humanitarian crisis waiting to happen on their border, and the potential for regime change due to the whole isolationist deprivation. Or as one think tank put it, the U.S has been running out of options since Clinton. Cyber attacks were the key tool under the obama admin for this reason iirc.

>The prize is handed out for actually doing something is my point.

I can think of a few individuals who either did little prior to receiving it, did terrible things before, and horrific things following.

>Allowing a dictator to complete his nuke program while legitimizing him as a ruler on the world stage just isn't what the peace prize is handed out for

Wasn't Trump so semi irrelevant but I mean how is it different that the Iranian deal? One of their politicians straight up said the benefit to easing sanctions was allowing them to stabilize the regime and continue production (wasnt in the ruling party at the time)
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 20:49:41 EST ID:Zc+U/uox No.168063 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168058
Yes, even though i think that this is ultimately little more than a delay tactic, it was clever maneuvering in terms of image on his part.

And yes I have already met many outraged people, in my non American nation, who are upset Trump hasnt been awarded one.
>>
Martha Smallgold - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 23:19:26 EST ID:KqIP00sr No.168067 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525058366742.jpg -(12494B / 12.20KB, 253x199) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
A North Korea without a nuke is a North Korea my tax dollars will be spent to invade. :(
>>
Emma Brobberman - Mon, 30 Apr 2018 20:43:08 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168080 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525135388296.jpg -(272268B / 265.89KB, 844x833) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>167972
>>
Albert Fanwell - Tue, 01 May 2018 00:39:18 EST ID:jajGWUvR No.168083 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168080
Those two have been sucking each other's cocks long before the stupid twitter fights about who has bigger nukes.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Trump has had his junk in the mouth of every dictator on the planet.
>>
Cedric Bollergold - Tue, 01 May 2018 00:44:26 EST ID:f56Z+lqk No.168085 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525149866611.jpg -(65704B / 64.16KB, 460x560) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
b-b-but DRUMPF almost started a nuclear war via Twitter.
There's NO WAY this is actually because of him.
I mean yeah, I think nuclear Armageddon can be caused by tweets but peace can't be brought through unconventional diplomacy. There is no contradiction in these two thoughts.
It's like yeah, maybe the Norks will keep their nukes regardless. But wouldn't it be better for them to have nukes and also hate South Korea and the United States? I just said they're going to have nukes anyways so they might as well have nukes and hate us. This also makes perfect sense.
I heard on CNN and MSNBC that the foreign minister and president of South Korea plus some fuckwit nobody North Korean credited DRUMPF with starting the negotiations but it's like they're just dumb politicians who are actually pulling the strings over there, I talked to some guy on circlejerk who laid out what this was all really about.

Basically yes, this is very historic and "possibly" a start of something new in Korea. But since people are saying the orange Cheeto did it I'm going to prove that's not the case in order to protect my subjective reality.
>>
Augustus Clumblebury - Tue, 01 May 2018 01:31:54 EST ID:oq1g2LP6 No.168088 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168085
Well if any credit is due to Trump in any way its not because of something he posted on twitter lmao. Indeed if there is more at work behind the scenes that wouldn't be surprising but I have yet to hear anyone giving credit give a good reason as to why he is responsible. All I keep hearing is that he took a hard stance but so what? That's nothing unique as far as US policy has been toward NK. Give me a reason to believe that trump is behind this new turn of events instead of mocking those who find it hard to believe.
>>
Priscilla Wedgeridge - Tue, 01 May 2018 01:59:33 EST ID:1KcWuZvS No.168089 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168088
trump destabilized the situation, ratcheted up war tensions and made the simmering issue the #1 story around the world
I wouldn't personally give him a pat on the back for it, but people are right in saying that he's the cause of the thaw, or more accurately, he set the conditions kim needed to start working the diplomatic game, especially by being such an unreliable partner the southerners feel comfortable moving mostly on their own
>>
Edwin Draddleserk - Tue, 01 May 2018 08:14:49 EST ID:8c32w9KN No.168094 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168089
Are you saying this was Trump's intention when he called Un names on Twitter? Because Trump "knew" those actions would lead to Korean unification and not because Trump is super petty and Un called him old?

You don't think any groundwork was laid, I don't know, maybe during the Olympics, when North and South Koreans stood side by side? Is Dennis Rodman going to get zero credit for all of his diplomacy?
>>
Archie Goshwell - Tue, 01 May 2018 09:54:58 EST ID:tlilhxRg No.168096 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168085
>implying we have CNN and MSNBC in europe

Fuck off you fucking the future immigrant. Go kill yourself already you retarded virgin incel altright faggot.
>>
Archie Goshwell - Tue, 01 May 2018 09:59:34 EST ID:tlilhxRg No.168097 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168089
That's basically what a Korea expert on a Dutch current affairs program predicted what one or two years ago, when Trump got elected. The current South-Korean government is... somewhat progressive, anti-American and anti-war and the far-right militaristic pro-American opposition that previously called the shots ever since the Korean War is mired in corruption scandals. Combine that with a retarded president who has no plans beyond how many cheeseburgers he wants for lunch, and you get a South-Korea that just goes its own path independent of the USA.
>>
Sophie Wepperwell - Tue, 01 May 2018 10:26:11 EST ID:ojjwPRrO No.168098 Ignore Report Quick Reply
of all the reasosn NK could have turned around on this, Trump's angry twitter tirades seem the least likely to be the cause, and SK's giving credit seems more likely a diplomatic tactic to get Trump on board. there's juzt so little evidence establishing a causal relationship from the tweets to the thawing.

in any case, let's calm down, people. negotiations havd only begun. we won't know if this is for real for another few years at least. remember back when both Clinton and Bush jr. "secured" deescalation.

whether Trump deserves any credit will a) depend on how his own negotiations go with KJU and b) as mentioned above, whether KJU actually keeps his promise over time.
>>
Wesley Sattingchore - Tue, 01 May 2018 12:43:04 EST ID:w9cLgcCZ No.168099 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I’m so happy to hear this story. South Korea’s done great in the last few decades and their companies come out with really good products. Western companies also manufacture in Korea sometimes with really good results.

I think freeing up the peninsula and allowing cooperation between the people is going to do some world-changing things.
>>
Edwin Tootforth - Tue, 01 May 2018 19:00:25 EST ID:M6dL3wIr No.168108 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168096

lol take a few breaths there buddy. the guy you are replying to is indeed a faggot but you don't gotta spike your blood pressure like that
>>
Graham Blopperham - Tue, 01 May 2018 20:38:12 EST ID:RdipXbFb No.168115 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Any world on how he will be treating his people after this or are we just going to throw them back to the wolves?
>>
Caroline Gimmlenadging - Tue, 01 May 2018 22:56:30 EST ID:M6dL3wIr No.168116 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168115

are you dumb? NK and SK have so far said "we should stop having a war"

thats all thats happened. so no, further details or negotiations have not emerged.
>>
Basil Hudgelock - Tue, 01 May 2018 23:55:20 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168118 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's really sad to see people hoping this will fall apart.
>>
Priscilla Clongergold - Wed, 02 May 2018 02:27:46 EST ID:oFp8LC7X No.168121 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168118
if by "this" you mean peace on the korean peninsula or deculearization of NK then nobody is "hoping it falls apart."

people rationally have their doubts, though. see: every past North Korean nuclear "deal"
>>
Basil Hudgelock - Wed, 02 May 2018 03:46:37 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168122 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168121
Oh, thank you. It's nice when a user who telepathically speaks for everybody shows up to correct my misinterpretations.
>>
Hedda Bliffingmod - Wed, 02 May 2018 09:21:45 EST ID:f56Z+lqk No.168126 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525267305341.jpg -(8890B / 8.68KB, 275x183) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168096
>if you disagree with me you're a virgin
sound logic there friendo. Keep stacking those artifacts and build yourself a totem of faggotry
>>
Priscilla Clongergold - Wed, 02 May 2018 10:20:13 EST ID:oFp8LC7X No.168128 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168122
you're welcome, friendo! just one telepath trying to help out another.
>>
Phineas Clodgefoot - Thu, 03 May 2018 09:08:13 EST ID:WCVViCbt No.168150 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525352893447.jpg -(34076B / 33.28KB, 450x294) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168115
>Any world on how he will be treating his people after this or are we just going to throw them back to the wolves?
The Korean people were never your playings to decide what happens to them, you paternalistic imperialist world-police neocon dipshit.

Go take your White Man's Burden and shove it up your urethra
>>
Basil Backlekane - Thu, 03 May 2018 19:18:32 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.168161 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168115
All indications are that as long as Korea is "unified" in name, the powers that be (Moon) have no problem with Kim staying in power and keeping his people in shit-tier conditions. We could even see a "unified Korea" with two status levels of citizenship. The Lucky Southerners and the Shit on Northerners.
>>
Walter Fupperway - Fri, 04 May 2018 05:09:04 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168164 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168161
Yet every other time the subject of unification has come up the narrative has been that nobody wants the economic hit from integrating northerners.

Which is it?

You're all talking out your fucking asses.
>>
David Fodgekick - Fri, 04 May 2018 09:48:18 EST ID:qGAVHluK No.168169 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168164
I think by unified would be that souths and northerns can go to each others places with a special visa or some sort, I dont think they mean they would unide as one country, and probably dismantle their mitlitary units at DMZ zone.
>>
Edwin Dinningkun - Fri, 04 May 2018 15:28:29 EST ID:1KcWuZvS No.168177 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168169
yeah this, it'd probably involve southern investment and subsidies and northern workers providing a free source of second class citizens and cheap labour to pay for the south's aging workforce
>>
Edwin Dinningkun - Fri, 04 May 2018 15:36:12 EST ID:1KcWuZvS No.168178 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168164
that'd be if they did it german style where after the berlin wall fell the west spent an entire generation's worth of their economy catching up the east and trying to integrate them into society, but today the east still lags behind and the west is resentful of the expense

realistically that's impossible in korea, the north is way poorer and more backwards than east germany was and it's been much longer since the two were split, but certain economic arrangements to keep the kim regime on life support and exploit the north's natural resources and low skill, low cost workforce are probably likely
>>
Lydia Gandleforth - Fri, 04 May 2018 20:14:49 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.168192 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168164
>whynotboth.jpg

Seriously, people can have differing opinions on the issue. Moon is known to get hard-ons at the thought of "reunification." Which becomes a problem for MULTIPLE reasons. One, is what you mentioned. My point about having to leave Kim in power in some form and keep the NORKS enslaved is ANOTHER point. There are probably more arguments against it as well. At least against the form where Kim stays in power.

That is the fucking lynchpin here. Kim.
Kim is not going to just fade the fuck away and let NORKistan become the Land of Samsung and Kia. He will demand he stays in power, and possibly even demand that for his heirs.
The question here is, how does that work? Does it work? I wish I knew more about intra-Korean politics, but not reading Korean (which BTW is the coolest of the Asian languages....google that shit...it is a pretty dope written language,) I am flumoxed. I can only go from what I read, and big part of that is that there is a strong, "Reunification at any price," contingent in Korea and Moon is counted amongst them. Which makes you wonder how far would he bend over for Kim, if Kim is willing to "reunify?" What is the price? I mean, Kim is going to want SOMETHING. There will be a price for reunification under Kim. That is just a known fact. Kim isn't going to just say, "Here are the keys, keep her safe, and her tags need to be renewed in June." He is going to want SOMETHING. And that is a scary fucking thought, because the dude is fucking sociopathic. He executed his own uncle with AA guns. Not the actions of a sane and reasonable man.
>>
Augustus Huckleledging - Fri, 04 May 2018 23:10:48 EST ID:kozIBQpt No.168194 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168192
>(which BTW is the coolest of the Asian languages....google that shit...it is a pretty dope written language,)
Unrelated but yeah fucking cosign. All you need to do is remember each of the parts of the characters and you'll be able to pronounce every single Korean word.
Unlike Chinese which really is like fucking hieroglyphics.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sat, 05 May 2018 00:40:28 EST ID:pUQlqXnY No.168196 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168194
>Unlike Chinese which really is like fucking hieroglyphics.
Unrelated but yeah written mandarin is very strange, especially if you're usdd to the roman alphabet.

鸟 is a bird lol. I mean I fuess I can see it but fuck its weird.
>>
Edward Boshwick - Sat, 05 May 2018 10:01:00 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168198 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Protip Korean also uses Chinese characters (aka hanzi/kanji/hanja). Not for everyday stuff, for that you use hangul obviously, but it's still used as a formal script for like old Buddhis/Confucian shit, or government documents, or foreign stuff.

>>168196
It's not Mandarin. That's just one Chinese language, of which there are many, which are heavily broken down regionally into dialects. But they're all written using hanzi which allows all Chinese to be mutually intelligible when written.

You can write anything with hanzi. You could write English with hanzi, albeit by simplifying the grammar a little.
And that makes it a lingua franca for East Asian.countries. It's not perfect, but they can understand one another a lot better than you'd expect given how different the spoken languages are.

This is thanks to the Confucian scholars who culturally and academically unified the region--this is one of the reasons the West targeted and neutralised Pyongyang, an important Confucian capital.
Really, it's kinda sad to see how people ITT have swallowed the propaganda wholesale. North Koreans aren't enslaved. They're historically impoverished, thanks to sanctions, blockades, and the Americans flattening their entire infrastructure and then obstructing diplomacy to use them as an excuse to keep their perpetual military presence and their thumb on South Korea (as their political puppets in the UN etc.). So yeah, they're poor, like Cuba. All the other stuff you should take with a grain of salt.
And you should fucking know this already, because the shit we're told is ludicrous, and sounds exactly like the rhetoric on both sides of the Cold War. It's just fucking silly and if you parrot it you're naive as hell.
>>
Albert Gammerwuck - Sat, 05 May 2018 12:25:38 EST ID:oq1g2LP6 No.168199 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168198
你是中国人吗?

I admit some of the stuff the US puts out about NK is propaganda, but imagine being this far up your asshole that you actually try defending NK.
>>
Lydia Gandleforth - Sat, 05 May 2018 14:34:04 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.168200 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168198
>North Koreans aren't enslaved

Ten years mandatory conscription into the army is not free.
>>
Ian Billinglock - Sat, 05 May 2018 16:27:42 EST ID:T4JbmD3p No.168201 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525552062047.jpg -(49278B / 48.12KB, 1107x554) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168200
Do you think you're being helpful, or enlightened?

When you intentionally trivialize the concept of slavery, in order to make a cheap rhetorical point?
>>
Edward Blackgold - Sat, 05 May 2018 23:11:16 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168202 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168200
South Korea has mandatory conscription too.

So do about a dozen European nations.

>>168201
To be fair, he's right. The modern propaganda-driven obsession with black chattel slavery to the exclusion of all else is a smokescreen to disguise the fact that our society is built on far more diverse forms of slavery than that.

Abraham Lincoln himself acknowledged that wage slavery is slavery with extra steps, but saw it as a lesser of evils. Prison labour is explicitly slavery under the thirteenth amendment. The colonies were built on just as many European slaves as African ones, and that's a big cultural skeleton nobody wants to acknowledge: Australia for example was built almost entirely on slaves, not "convicts", as they weren't merely prisoners, they were "indentured servants" who were literally sold to colonial industry for a fixed term.

Forced conscription absolutely qualifies. I'm all for us acknowledging that, but if we wanna operate under the actual definition of slavery, North Korea is suddenly a part of a pretty big club and pretty far down the list. Get mad about where you're living first.
>>
Nell Creshlock - Sat, 05 May 2018 23:15:57 EST ID:tlilhxRg No.168203 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168202
>The modern propaganda-driven obsession with black chattel slavery to the exclusion of all else is a smokescreen

Just because people like to point at the absolute worst slavery that ever existed on Earth (Romans would fucking flay those Southern slave owners upon the cross for the shit they pulled - that's not how you treat slaves!) doesn't mean it's some kind of insidious propaganda machine.

Just read up on reports of modern slavery by the UN and you'll see how fulla shit you are.
>>
Edward Blackgold - Sun, 06 May 2018 00:20:04 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168204 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168203
"if there are UN reports about something then there's no propaganda about that thing"
That's some fucking silly reasoning you've got there, man.
>>
Nell Creshlock - Sun, 06 May 2018 08:30:38 EST ID:tlilhxRg No.168205 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168204
Are you fucking retarded nigga? If there's research on the subject just laying around, you can't claim there's propaganda. That just means most people are lazy cunts. And guess what. Most people are STUPID lazy cunts.
>>
Doris Puffingchetch - Sun, 06 May 2018 11:25:15 EST ID:w2XQ6daJ No.168207 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168204
isnt that cute....you dont know what words mean
>>
Edward Blackgold - Sun, 06 May 2018 12:07:23 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168208 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168205
This is just bafflingly wrong. What do you think propaganda means? It's ALL ABOUT mass perception. That's the entire point!

>>168207
Are you... samefagging now? Seriously? I'm not willing to believe I'd run into two people who are this aggressively confused about a concept everyone is familiar with, successively on the same day on the slowest board in the world, and for one of them to be a fresh ID.
>>
Nathaniel Cunkingold - Sun, 06 May 2018 14:11:10 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.168212 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168202
>South Korea has mandatory conscription too.

>So do about a dozen European nations.

Not in the way the NORKS have it. They have short terms of a couple of years and you do civil defense stuff. In NORKistan you are literally the work force. For everything. The military there is used to harvest the crops, go fishing, etc.

And shit like this happens regularly....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34981195

But yeah, why not sing songs of praise to Kim as the Enlightened Leader of the Free World because the Swiss make you do a couple years of civil service....
>>
Jarvis Sushkut - Sun, 06 May 2018 19:29:50 EST ID:pUQlqXnY No.168225 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168208
Dont agree with the you, as you're, literally, trying to compare conscription in Switzerland to NK, but I dont get why people assume the U.N is free of bias in reporting and actions. Research, current analysis, majority opinion, and the U.N have been wrong. It's how research grows, current analysis adapts, opinions shift and the U.N continues to serve global power interests
>>
Edward Blackgold - Sun, 06 May 2018 19:33:31 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168226 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168212
Nobody is singing anything. This binary worldview you're living in under which everyone is either perfectly aligned with you or an enemy is a disease.

Also PS you realise it's a martial state who have been at war with guns pointed at their heads for seventy years thanks to the US preventing it from ending, right? Having one of the largest standing armies on earth despite being a tiny nation miiiight have something to do with foreign policy concerns, huh?
The US has also used mass state employment to deal with economic depression in the past. The distinction between conscription and being forced to do something for economic reasons is a pretty fucking thin one, and I mentioned earlier. We're all slaves, but outside of that (entirely accurate) definition, it's pretty specious to say North Korean forced conscription is "real" slavery while South Korean forced conscription is somehow different, let alone Europe.
>>
Jarvis Sushkut - Sun, 06 May 2018 19:48:09 EST ID:pUQlqXnY No.168227 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168226
>We're all slaves
Dark, preach comrade.

> it's pretty specious to say North Korean forced conscription is "real" slavery while South Korean forced conscription is somehow different, let alone Europe
You REALLY see no difference?

I've never encountered an N.K applogist. I'm interested in hearing more
>>
George Shittingstone - Sun, 06 May 2018 21:37:04 EST ID:T4JbmD3p No.168230 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525657024686.jpg -(756258B / 738.53KB, 1200x630) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168212
>But yeah, why not sing songs of praise to Kim as the Enlightened Leader of the Free World
>if you don't agree with me lockstep on everything you're "singing songs of praise" of the enemy
>you're either with me or you're with the enemy
Go choke on a pretzel
>>
Shit Pinnerdit - Mon, 07 May 2018 01:27:55 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168232 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>If you question the narrative about North Korea at all you're an apologist and a COMMUNIST

>Clumsy and blatant samefaggotry

>Trying to push a definition of "propaganda" under which literally nothing counts as propaganda

HMMMmmmmmmmmm
>>
Phineas Chunningwetch - Mon, 07 May 2018 01:43:50 EST ID:kFmX3/Gj No.168234 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168212
Norks is British slang for bewbs and no one really calls zipper heads that.

Did you make a terrible asset flipped unity game that then had a whole debacle on Steam where you accused them of censorship? Because that is literally the only other place I have heard the term "Norks" used before and it wouldn't surprise me if you were that guy.
>>
Caroline Gashtark - Mon, 07 May 2018 02:09:39 EST ID:rTr48MXc No.168235 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168232
Hyperbole: The Post.

>NORF K'REUH DINDU NUFFIN WRONG! KIM A GOOD HYPER-AUTHORITARIAN DICTATOR!! FAKE NOOSE!
>>
Shit Pinnerdit - Mon, 07 May 2018 05:13:48 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168239 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168235
I wish you luck and all speed in finding a real noose.
>>
Eugene Blindledale - Mon, 07 May 2018 08:24:50 EST ID:hOz8rO/d No.168242 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168235
>NORF K'REUH DINDU NUFFIN WRONG!
Man, if only anybody had said anything approaching something like that, you might have seemed justified in your hysterical nationalist indignation.

Nobody did, though, so you just come across as a lying sniveling cunt.
>>
Frederick Guffingfodge - Mon, 07 May 2018 08:59:50 EST ID:vE3zA4Au No.168243 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168235

Say what you want but the latest Kim is the least murderous and bloodthirsty tyrant the country has ever had.
>>
Nigel Handlekid - Mon, 07 May 2018 09:20:41 EST ID:tlilhxRg No.168244 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168243
Because he's basically a rich Swiss boy in control of a communist dictatorship.
>>
Jarvis Gibberbick - Mon, 07 May 2018 10:06:51 EST ID:qGAVHluK No.168245 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168244
Not like choosed to be a dictatorship. Pretty sure if you were born into it and you were next in line you would do it too.
>>
Ebenezer Snodford - Mon, 07 May 2018 13:24:11 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168249 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525713851993.jpg -(86451B / 84.42KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168243
That's a retardedly low bar though. The truth is we don't know much about the newest Kim but he doesn't seem to have problems killing people.
>>
Fanny Wicklewell - Tue, 08 May 2018 09:48:53 EST ID:iK2jjyQ2 No.168268 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168249
>we don't know much about thing but that didn't stop us from deciding thing is bad
American foreign policy in a nutshell, everybody
>>
Nicholas Blackshit - Tue, 08 May 2018 14:13:36 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168283 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168268
You know Kim executes people on a whim right? That his country has Nazi-style death camps and a worse human rights record than 10 Saudi Arabias? A regime known for not respecting much of anything in relation to international law or bilateral agreements with anyone? The DPRK has less credibility than Trump tbh.
>>
Phyllis Blullerdock - Tue, 08 May 2018 14:28:53 EST ID:kFmX3/Gj No.168285 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168283
Not really, I don't know the exact situation of the people and honestly don't care very much about DPRK and whole heatedly doubt lil Kim would do anything besides lob tubes fulled with nothing into the pacific ocean if left to his own devices and don't believe 90% of the propaganda put out about them. Do I think it's the best place in the world? Fuck no, it's just another country.

Trump has basically been bullying the world's pathetic fat kid that think's he's bad ass. The only thing more pathetic than being the ankle biter of countries is being the country that thinks it's a show of strength to flex on them. None of the aggressive posturing the US has done is for the Korean people, especially after this president spent a long time talking about how bad foreign intervention is. South Korea is famously corrupt and a majority of the people there are dissatisfied with the government but you wouldn't know it from how we paint them as some benevolent beacon of humanitarianism.

BTW they execute people without trial here, usually during arrest but if anyone acknowledges that the mental gymnastics event at the Dick Waving Olympics kicks off.
>>
Walter Dangersture - Tue, 08 May 2018 14:40:15 EST ID:GFuWTS3C No.168286 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168283
>You know Kim executes people on a whim right?
Pic related

>That his country has Nazi-style death camps
I see trivializing slavery wasn't shameful enough for you people. Why not trivialise the Holocaust while you're at it?

>a worse human rights record than 10 Saudi Arabias
How exactly have you quantified/measured this, what is your evidence for this, and can we please see it?

>A regime known for not respecting much of anything in relation to international law or bilateral agreements with anyone? The DPRK has less credibility than Trump tbh.
You say this while, as we speak, Trump and the entire Republican party are working overtime to reneg on the Iran agreement despite them following their side of the agreement and over the objections of the international community.

Absolutely shameless.

The problem here isn't that you're being too mean to Fatty Kim. The problem is that you are so roided out on imperialist chauvinism and contempt for the child-like races that you're willing to spew out the most transparently spurious, factually wrong and intellectually insulting bullshit arguments to justify your tribalism.
>>
Walter Dangersture - Tue, 08 May 2018 14:41:02 EST ID:GFuWTS3C No.168287 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525804862755.png -(84763B / 82.78KB, 1190x1130) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168286
Forgot pic nb
>>
Archie Dembletere - Tue, 08 May 2018 15:20:59 EST ID:nzdV43hb No.168289 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168287
you mean to tell me that countries with more people also execute more people?
>>
Cyril Greenridge - Tue, 08 May 2018 15:27:31 EST ID:T4JbmD3p No.168290 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168283
>Kim executes people on a whim right
So on the one hand you "don't know much about the newest Kim", but on the other hand you have intimate knowledge of his internal justifications and personal rationalizations (or lack thereof) for every person that he has personally executed?

At the same time?
>>
Nicholas Blackshit - Tue, 08 May 2018 15:45:21 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168292 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168285>>168286>>168290
Enough with the whattaboutism. Why are so many of you willing to stand up for the honor and integrity of what is literally the worst regarded country on earth? It doesn't make American hypocrisy any better nor does it make Trump any brighter. It is possible for both sides to be assholes you know.
>>
Walter Dangersture - Tue, 08 May 2018 15:54:55 EST ID:GFuWTS3C No.168294 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168292
>literally the worst regarded country on earth
That's a very specific, strongly-worded claim, there.

What is your source for such a claim?
>>
Nicholas Blackshit - Tue, 08 May 2018 16:05:41 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168296 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525809941577.jpg -(83218B / 81.27KB, 620x439) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168294
>That's a very specific, strongly-worded claim, there.
It is. So is saying they have less credibility than Trump.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_rankings_of_North_Korea
I'm not saying they are bad because they oppose the USA or because they have nukes. It's primarily about how abysmally the regime treats human beings.
Still, you can say much about Kim III but if he was stupid he'd probably be dead so I doubt he will give up his nukes.
>>
Cornelius Puttingchurk - Tue, 08 May 2018 16:15:59 EST ID:L78BODt2 No.168297 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525810559199.gif -(10824B / 10.57KB, 464x560) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168296
>The Economist
>The Heritage Foundation
>The Wall Street Journal
Ah. So when you said "on earth" what you really meant was "in the opinion of certain right-wing American think tanks and corporate American media outlets".

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that this misrepresentation was due to gross incompetence on your part as opposed to actively attempting to bend the truth.
>>
Nicholas Blackshit - Tue, 08 May 2018 16:26:45 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168299 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168297
Ok so go with Amnesty, Greenpeace or HRW.
https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/asia-and-the-pacific/north-korea/
https://www.greenpeace.org/archive-international/en/press/releases/2017/Greenpeace-International-strongly-condemns-North-Koreas-missile-testing/
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/country-chapters/north-korea

Even Soviet dissidents compared their situation favorably to the hermit kingdom's.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/how-north-korean-magazines-accidentally-subverted-the-ussr

What country would you propose has a worse reputation?
>>
Cornelius Puttingchurk - Tue, 08 May 2018 16:38:52 EST ID:L78BODt2 No.168300 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168299
None of those links say anything about whether or not North Korea is the "worst regarded" in the opinion of the global community.

You made a very specific claim. None of the evidence that you have provided has dealt with that specific claim.

What you appear to be doing is moving the goalposts - depending on when it suits you - between "does bad things" and "is universally agreed upon to be the worstest in the world". Those two concepts are not the same, at all. What's more, nobody here is arguing tha North Korea doesnt do bad things, what we take issue with is your sweeping unprovable one-sided ideological declarations that cannot be supported by evidencd or history. If you want your righteous antagonistic posturing to be taken seriously, then say what you have the evidence to back up, don't just spew random shit into the ether and then backtrack to your mott-and-bailey when called out on it.

>What country would you propose has a worse reputation?
Try glancing at the globally conducted poll in the pic I provided. You know, that one you intentionally pretended not to notice.
>>
Nicholas Blackshit - Tue, 08 May 2018 16:56:21 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168302 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168300
Ah, I see. Initially this discussion was about Kim being a murderous and bloodthirsty tyrant. Trump doesn't execute entire families for listening to kpop. However; tearing up the Iran-deal is definitely a greater threat to global peace than if Kim decides to have a few thousand people tortured to death.
>>
Nigel Gibberlire - Tue, 08 May 2018 19:13:34 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.168309 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168302
One has to wonder if Kim will believe any US deal now that the US has backslid on Iran.
>>
Angus Fenderson - Tue, 08 May 2018 20:12:26 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168311 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168309
It's a ridiculous irony that Trump is now essentially going to ask Best Korea to trust in exactly the type of deal that he unilaterally tore up.
>>
Martha Duckforth - Tue, 08 May 2018 21:41:00 EST ID:o4BwxZhq No.168315 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168311
That's Trump for ya'!
>>
Nell Fenningspear - Tue, 08 May 2018 22:20:16 EST ID:WXUWSia2 No.168316 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168309
I wonder how his Alt-right idiots will feel about him 100% doing Israel's bidding?
>>
Caroline Sinnershaw - Wed, 09 May 2018 01:23:09 EST ID:f56Z+lqk No.168320 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525843389659.jpg -(38673B / 37.77KB, 300x397) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I saw something on the news today saying three prisoners are getting released from work camps or whatever. Mike Pompeo is personally going over there for some stupid reason. I can't wait to see how the assholes on Fox try and give Donald (I won't give him the honor of using his last name) credit for this shit. They're just releasing these guys so they can take it back and go back to building nukes. People are stupid.
Donald didn't get these people released and he sure as shit doesn't have anything to do with the border meeting. This is all the work of Moon's diplomacy and nothing else. Those guys should've died in prison anyways. That's what they get for trying to spread their book of fairy tales in a country where stupid myths are strictly forbidden.
>>
Angus Fenderson - Wed, 09 May 2018 11:25:20 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168333 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525879520372.jpg -(76914B / 75.11KB, 870x616) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168320
They've been trying to meet with the POTUS for three generations now. They released prisoners just to get a photo-op with an ex-president previously.
https://www.elitedaily.com/p/what-other-presidents-met-with-north-korea-the-answer-might-shock-you-8453755
>>
Oliver Crankinsock - Sun, 13 May 2018 01:58:48 EST ID:ezNxJ7Zy No.168410 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168333
>what-other-presidents-met-with-north-korea-the-answer-might-shock-you

This is the funniest fucking parody of a modern article title, too bad it's reality.
>>
Doris Tillingstone - Sun, 13 May 2018 07:10:04 EST ID:jajGWUvR No.168412 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Trump doesn't deserve much credit but I will give him credit for even entertaining the idea of meeting up. Idc if their ideas and politics are counter to ours, we don't need enemies. Even if it's a little pipsqueak like NK. If they're atomic enemies, they're an existential threat. Also, sanctions don't hurt the government of the country as much as they hurt the citizens.
>>
Fanny Lightridge - Sun, 13 May 2018 09:53:44 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168416 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I think if would really be fabulous, if like, everyone could chip in a little bit towards the atomic obliteration of the United States.
>>
Shitting Madgechotch - Sun, 13 May 2018 19:23:47 EST ID:voIX0rUH No.168420 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168412
>Trump doesn't deserve much credit
Other presidents had 70 years to do something, South Korea has practically been a USA puppet state the entire time. There is no way people like George W. Bush or even Barack Obama would have allowed this to pass. USA had a secret meeting with North Korea, and peace was announced a few days later. Give credit where it's due, Trump loves shit like this so he can brag about it.
>>
Martin Sommerstone - Mon, 14 May 2018 10:32:50 EST ID:YR3ZgySM No.168430 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168412
>Also, sanctions don't hurt the government of the country as much as they hurt the citizens.
I wish more people would understand this.

Sanctions punish the people for their government's actions, and usually end up strengthening said government's hold on power.
>>
Hamilton Brovingfutch - Mon, 14 May 2018 10:49:19 EST ID:rtO8zSPd No.168431 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526309359030.jpg -(429240B / 419.18KB, 500x2500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168410
I know ...and then we wonder why we can't have nice things?
>>168412
>I will give him credit for even entertaining the idea of meeting up.
Me too. I gave Obama the same. Ruling out meeting your adversary is just dumb. https://www.vox.com/2018/3/9/17100880/north-korea-republicans-right-conservatives-obama
>Even if it's a little pipsqueak like NK. If they're atomic enemies, they're an existential threat.
To South Korea? They certainly don't have the power to destroy (only wound) any other nation but them. It was never the existence of the USA that was threatened nor is it now. There are many other perfectly good reasons to be worried.
>>168420
As I said above he deserves credit for being willing to talk to them. Same reason he deserves shit for Iran.
>Other presidents had 70 years to do something
Yes, but what exactly? This was the problem.
>There is no way people like George W. Bush or even Barack Obama would have allowed this to pass.
Because it was a concession. They were trying to get something tangible in exchange.
>USA had a secret meeting with North Korea, and peace was announced a few days later.
While the détente between the North and the South is certainly to be celebrated I'm hard pressed to see what Trump provided but fear. Since the Truman administration the DPRK has essentially been leveraging the fact that they are far more willing politically to see people die in large numbers. This threat only works if you understand it, believe it and care. Since before he was elected I have maintained that Trump might actually move the Korea issue forward. If only because Pyongyang would be confronted by the fact that they no longer had a monopoly on unpredictability.
>Give credit where it's due
That is why I find it so hard to give it to the Donald. I'd like to - I really would. Besides, he may be worth a peace prize. The prize essentially exists to motivate peace; not award those most worthy of it. Hence Kissinger, Arafat, Obama, Gorbachev, Sadat, Hull and so forth.
>>
Isabella Pockgold - Tue, 15 May 2018 17:55:40 EST ID:jajGWUvR No.168461 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168431
>NK is no threat to anybody but south korea

Not true. Anyone with a nuke can at any time destroy a city. All it takes is a little ingenuity. A bomb smuggled on a Chinese cargo ship could take out any West coast port. I understand that they're not the threat they are portrayed as, but don't discount them as a threat just because their ICBM's aren't great. That's not the only way that a nuclear weapon could be deployed. We've been blind sided before, it could happen again. The point is that a more diplomatic strategy where we both benefit would give them no incentive to try anything.
>>
William Fendershaw - Tue, 15 May 2018 20:30:03 EST ID:DmhWJ1AF No.168464 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168461
Well the big issue is NKs nukes thus far have had very weak yields. Fat man and Little Boy (the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki) had significantly higher yields than anything NK has been able to produce even in the modern era.

NKs nukes would definitely take out a few blocks and then some maybe but they wouldn't come close to being able to destroy an entire city.
>>
Lydia Sunderhall - Tue, 15 May 2018 20:30:29 EST ID:nzdV43hb No.168465 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Aaaaand its done http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2018/05/16/0200000000AEN20180516000300315.html
>>
William Fendershaw - Tue, 15 May 2018 21:41:07 EST ID:DmhWJ1AF No.168466 Ignore Report Quick Reply
And KCNA is down at the moment. I wonder if they're getting hit with so much traffic it's crashing the servers. That's gotta be rare for the NKs.
>>
George Sorrywell - Tue, 15 May 2018 21:45:34 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168467 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168465
i bet you a dollar this is a fake-out to give all the shitty humans who care more about trump failing than peace succeeding an opportunity to embarrass themselves by celebrating prematurely

i say this because EVERY trump controversy so far in which he ends up being the good guy (at which point everyone pretends it never happened) has followed a very similar pattern.
haha it'd be crazy if a reality show star and his crew understood media, huh.

a DOLLAR, anon
>>
Lydia Sunderhall - Tue, 15 May 2018 21:50:51 EST ID:nzdV43hb No.168468 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168467
Yeah, that sounds about right fucking around with international politics for no other reason then 'lurbil turs'

Your gutless worship will make you look like a piece of shit for the rest of your life.
>>
George Sorrywell - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:01:26 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168469 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168468
and your tribal retardation makes you sound like a tribal retard

i'm not even American. it's just that observers see most of the game, and this pattern KEEPS HAPPENING.
why would the Koreans be in on something like that--you didn't ask, because you assume you're right and just kinda declared that it's incompatible with "international politics" despite weird propaganda manoeuvring being the norm rather than the exception--?
well, maybe because this whole thing has been contingent on the US keeping their dick out of the mashed potatoes and the only way to ensure that stays that way is making it politically unfashionable. For all we know it could be the Koreans' plan because honestly the further you get into non-English spheres the more obvious trump's reverse psychology heel act has gotta be, surely, and those guys are pretty deft

I'm just saying don't celebrate too quickly if you're an asshole

>lurbil turs
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
>>
Lydia Sunderhall - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:14:20 EST ID:nzdV43hb No.168470 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168469

Oh wow, please tell me more about how US liberals feel? There is nothing to be gained by faking out people like that. And if it is part of the plan it shows how petty Trump is.

The fact that the 'lubril turs' thing went over your head tells me just how little you know what is going on here.
>>
George Sorrywell - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:41:23 EST ID:/sFNiDKx No.168472 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168470
Damn you're really desperate to declare victory, huh? Maybe deliberately misspelling words is ~actually~ a really lame low-effort meme and some pretty sad schoolyard shit.

Were you trying to say "liberators"? "Liberties?" "Liberal tears"? This isn't remotely as clever as you seem to think and apparently you believe not being a part of whatever echo chamber you live in that thinks it is clever is a symptom of not knowing "what is going on here", huh?
Or maybe you could try speaking to be understood and actually make coherent arguments rather than relying on ridicule and tribalist memes that give you an excuse to discard the opinion of anybody who doesn't live in your fucking tribal bubble.
Like it seems like me not being part of "either" "side" is breaking your fucking brain. You just can't process it. But please, tell me again why I'm really secretly a trumpette or trumposaurus or trumposdjaskfh or whatever the fuck the caption is on your Two Minute Hate this week.

>There is nothing to be gained by faking out people like that.
You don't really seem like the sharpest tool in the shed dude, so forgive me if I discard this expert analysis.
>>
Lydia Sunderhall - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:42:54 EST ID:nzdV43hb No.168473 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168470
Look, I am sorry about being a dick here, but its not something I am celebrating, but I knew there was no way in hell it was going to work out and I am glade the pretense has dropped because frankly that sort of thing was emboldening his supporters who already are calling for a civil war.

They plan to bring their guns with them on election night BTW just so they can make sure 'nothing happens.' Its going to get really dangerous in rural America and I am not talking about opiod over doses.
>>
Lydia Sunderhall - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:48:30 EST ID:nzdV43hb No.168474 Ignore Report Quick Reply
BTW someone threw a carton of eggs at me the other day as they drove by. So forgive me for being a little touchy on this subject.
>>
Graham Clillerhood - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:56:20 EST ID:WSgF/ch/ No.168475 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168474
>someone threw a carton of eggs at me the other day as they drove by
Am I an asshole for finding this hilarious? Like, I realize how fucked up it is and that person was legit a horrible person, but it's still funny for some reason
>>
Lydia Sunderhall - Tue, 15 May 2018 23:02:21 EST ID:nzdV43hb No.168477 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168475
Kind of, but I understand. I kind of regret flipping out a few posts ago, but I do at times fear for my life here.
>>
Ebenezer Grandwell - Wed, 16 May 2018 07:08:19 EST ID:j2P7gUOn No.168480 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168473
I doubt the truth of what you're saying here. Who with any credibility is calling for a civil war and source of the guns to poll booths story. Don't just spread bullshit fear mongering.
>>
Matilda Pittville - Wed, 16 May 2018 07:52:13 EST ID:8c32w9KN No.168481 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168475
It's funny because it was a while carton. Like did the guy unload 12 eggs at anon, one at a time, or did he throw all 12 at once, still packaged?

The humor lies there.
>>
Edwin Brullymit - Wed, 16 May 2018 08:58:16 EST ID:xZC1OGEs No.168482 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526475496123.png -(992157B / 968.90KB, 1259x1600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168480
I am on a local facebook group last year they where posting shit like pic related shiting themselves about an uprising they where sure was going to happen and they fill it with memes about the 2nd amendment.

>>168481
Not sure if it was all 12 eggs to be honest.
>>
Edwin Brullymit - Wed, 16 May 2018 08:59:40 EST ID:xZC1OGEs No.168483 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526475580123.png -(245779B / 240.02KB, 422x455) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This was popular too. I take it you have not met many people from rural America?
>>
Edwin Brullymit - Wed, 16 May 2018 09:02:15 EST ID:xZC1OGEs No.168484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526475735123.png -(889051B / 868.21KB, 1242x1164) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168483
I can keep going.
>>
Edwin Brullymit - Wed, 16 May 2018 09:11:26 EST ID:xZC1OGEs No.168485 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526476286123.jpg -(110737B / 108.14KB, 750x750) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>168484
getting bored of the antifa angle, here is more 2nd amendment insanity.
>>
Graham Clillerhood - Wed, 16 May 2018 10:59:52 EST ID:WSgF/ch/ No.168487 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168481
Throwing 12 eggs one by one is not funny. Throwing the whole carton is hilarious.

This also reminds me of the time I called into work saying somebody threw a shake at me when I was walking to work and my uniform was ruined. My boss didn't buy it and told me to come in anyway. I wish I remember how that turned out but I would recommend not using that excuse to anyone thinking about using that excuse
>>
Wesley Chivingnodging - Wed, 16 May 2018 11:21:13 EST ID:tlilhxRg No.168489 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Welp, guess that's Trump's brilliant 5085-dimensional chess again. What a fucking joke.
>>
Basil Blopperway - Wed, 16 May 2018 12:36:37 EST ID:1KcWuZvS No.168497 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>168487
shoulda bought a shake on your way and dumped it on yourself and he probably would have sent you home
>>
Eugene Bunspear - Fri, 29 Jun 2018 22:16:59 EST ID:4tJzQd1Q No.169931 Ignore Report Quick Reply
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-korea/north-korea-has-increased-nuclear-production-secret-sites-say-u-n887926
>>
Sidney Greenford - Fri, 29 Jun 2018 23:18:00 EST ID:cs064rD0 No.169932 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>169931
Un played Trump like a fiddle, like everyone expected.

It was hilarious seeing Trumpers acting like Trump was the first US president the NKs wanted to meet when in reality, its been the other way around for decades.
>>
Emma Domblefag - Sat, 30 Jun 2018 00:04:02 EST ID:V73bHX6y No.169933 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>169931
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
>>
Angus Chirrystare - Sat, 30 Jun 2018 16:08:52 EST ID:T4JbmD3p No.169950 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>169931
>say U.S. officials
Only a complete retard would take this at face value
>>
Fanny Pogglelock - Tue, 03 Jul 2018 02:38:14 EST ID:M/Ws53KS No.170000 Report Quick Reply
>>169950

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. Why would the bother stopping?
>>
Ian Narringshit - Wed, 04 Jul 2018 04:57:30 EST ID:zUO3I5ku No.170019 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>170000
We'll, surely not stopping but, the "says one US officia." People under trump, fox news, etc, with 'information' just pop out of nowhere.

Nobodys.' They lie misguide, They usually have zero experience/knowledge in any 'intelligence' of world events and happenings. Look at the people Trump
puts in sensitive positions that have no background in what they accept to serve in.
>>
Sophie Blimmlesore - Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:10:58 EST ID:jafzsYrO No.170271 Ignore Report Quick Reply
https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded/ep-35-the-total-blackout-of-the-korean-left
Here's a very good overview of the huge leftist and even huger pro-peace movements throughout South Korea and its diaspora that you never hear from, how they've been silenced in the media, and how that silencing makes it easier to pretend that racially motivated imperial foreverwar is somehow in the interests of the South Korean people.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.