420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Shitty Diet/Junk Food Addiction by Marc Forgione - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:01:46 EST ID:76vI5oTQ No.151420 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1490054506327.jpg -(55186B / 53.89KB, 465x310) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 55186
So, I have a really shitty diet. I get big bags of chips almost every day and drink 4-5 cans of pop a day, plus chocolate and ice cream very frequently. It's also non uncommon for me to eat fast food for dinner, and I usually only make extremely processed frozen food like jalapeno poppers and mozzarella sticks. I feel like shit all the time, but it's really hard to break this habit.

I know a lot of it is psychological, but I am wondering if there are any types of healthy foods that can help curb cravings of junk food or that can replace them? I get altogether too much sugar and salt in my diet and need to start eating better but I want to give my brain the illusion that it's still getting the things it wants without further poisoning my body.

tldr I need to kick my terrible junk food habits, what kinds of foods can I eat that will help curb cravings or replace bad food?
>>
Antonin Carême - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:05:54 EST ID:FHzHJ6vS No.151421 Ignore Report Quick Reply
you gotta taper like its a drug. start by trying to choose just one day, or one specific time of the day, where you eat healthy food. so maybe tuesdays, or your breakfasts. just pick a small part of your total diet and try to change it. then after some time of making that habit, try to up it to more, until the junk food becomes an occasional treat. its like the "couch to 5k" program, the first thing is just taking some small walks to start getting used to the change. they dont say to start running on day 1. just feel it out and start with a minor change
>>
Joseph Favre - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 22:35:46 EST ID:AbJGbxJ4 No.151424 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490063746262.png -(270311B / 263.98KB, 504x428) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Just cutting out the soda would be a lot better, and cut out a lot of calories.
I'd recommend cutting out either all the sodas or gradually switching to something else.
You could try pic related, it's what I use for caffeine now. I just occasionally have soda now, instead of all the time like in the past.
>>
Joseph Favre - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 22:37:21 EST ID:AbJGbxJ4 No.151425 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490063841262.jpg -(143326B / 139.97KB, 950x792) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>151424
and if you still crave the carbonation, there are these drinks pic related that are really tastey and no calories.
>>
Robert Irvine - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:16:40 EST ID:HbivdDPF No.151426 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>151424

Mio Energy is my jam. Its my go-juice at work, too. Since I can carry it covertly in my pocket and discreetly add it to my water whenever I'm starting to feel a little haggared. It also tastes pretty good, depending on the flavor. Black Cherry, Acai Berry Blast, and Strawberry Pineapple Smash taste good. While the Green Thunder tastes like shit. It tastes almost exactly like this liquid antibiotic I had to take as a kid. Avoid the green one. Plus you don't crash with sugar free energy drinks, and the buzz feels cleaner and lasts a lot longer.
>>
Vincent la Chapelle - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 05:07:24 EST ID:R/oOkGF8 No.151427 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>151426
Yeah the buzz is pretty intense. For a while when I first was taking it, it almost felt like I was taking amphetamines. It's just cleaner without all that sugar and whatnot.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.