420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
I need simple recipes give me naow. Please. by Koumei Nakamura - Wed, 24 Jan 2018 01:14:29 EST ID:JGG5FbcD No.154234 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1516774469600.png -(2548615B / 2.43MB, 1500x1500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2548615
What's your most simple yet delicious recipes?
>>
Charlie Trotter - Wed, 24 Jan 2018 08:06:44 EST ID:bnDwnI8O No.154235 Ignore Report Quick Reply
boiled hotdog
>>
Jacques Pépin - Wed, 24 Jan 2018 15:39:41 EST ID:Xp+KOjE4 No.154236 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Omelette is fucking easy as fuck to make. I also get some Spam chop it up fry it, then add it to the omelette later. Bonus points if you add some garlic, red onions or green, and ham.
>>
Wolfgang Puck - Wed, 24 Jan 2018 20:31:39 EST ID:8eaqa6FP No.154238 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1516843899532.jpg -(164803B / 160.94KB, 1598x1600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
  • 2 slices of bread, fairly well toasted. prefer me some seeded granary
  • medium-boiled eggs
  • while the eggs are boiling slather one side of that bread in some mayo (the good stuff, cmon. dont use some garbagy paint-mayo)
  • lashes of flaky sea salt and an absolutely endless stream of freshly ground pepper straight onto the mayo, this way you can get the egg to the sandwich and the sandwich to your mouth as fast as possible once its ready
  • peel the eggs and slice em nice and thin, spread over flaky tangy peppery mayo and youre done

still warm, tangs of salt crystals, the gorgeous depth brought about by pepper. This sandwich is absolute heaven for me. It has legitimately made my mood and energy levels do a complete 180 without me having any sort of expectations of it. I just take a few bites and amidst the creamy partially-oozey yolks and the salt dancing on my tongue, i find that i just suddenly feel quite a bit more than alright.

overcooked, black-tinged yellow chalky eggs are an absolute blight on this recipe; and humanity as a whole.
>>
Paul Bocuse - Thu, 25 Jan 2018 02:31:25 EST ID:+NJAlw4Q No.154239 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154238
That actually sounds really good.
How do you get the eggs to medium?

I'll add, take some frozen chicken breasts, get some breadcrumbs and add whatever seasonings you like. I go with some cajun seasoning, maybe a little chili powder and some italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the seasonings to some breadcrumbs.

Coat the frozen chicken breasts in a thin layer of mustard. You can use spicy mustard or regular, both are good. then coat it in the breadcrumbs, throw and throw it in the oven for an hour at 350-375. And of course you can do this with raw thawed chicken breasts too, just cook it for 30-40 minutes. Frozen is cheaper though and you don't really notice the difference because of the way it's prepared.

Easy breaded chicken that isn't high in fat because it's fried. I'll admit the breading isn't perfect like when you fry it, but this shit is really good. It doesn't really taste mustardy, but it gives some flavor and moisture to the chicken.
>>
Wolfgang Puck - Thu, 25 Jan 2018 13:53:36 EST ID:8eaqa6FP No.154249 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154239
i find if you get the water to almost a simmer, then pop the eggs in, let it come up to a rolling boil then count exactly 5 minutes from then (turning the heat down a tad now)

pour cold water in the saucepan to bring down the temperature, let it sit there half a minutes then take them all out
>>
Duff Goldman - Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:45:42 EST ID:yU/V4d0T No.154253 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154249
shocking them in ice water to halt cooking is a good thing as well
>>
Anthony Bourdain - Fri, 26 Jan 2018 15:08:42 EST ID:e/xOWTlt No.154261 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154253
I love how this has become the egg thread. I'm going to post something that also contains eggs. It's got a lot of steps but it's not a technical recipe at all. If you're not the guy who died from lobster you're probably going to manage this if you plan it out.

You want to make a batch that is 2-6 multiples of the below amounts of every ingredient depending on your baking tray. All ingredients here are per egg except the vanilla.

Line the tray with tinfoil.

Get a nice deep china or glass bowl, and a big pan, put enough water in the pan so it comes maybe halfway up the bowl when you put the bowl in. Put the bowl in the pan and put it on the hob to simmer. You want it to be almost boiling but not quite. Do it on a gentle heat. I have electric hobs which suck ass so while this heats you do the next step.

Cut up 50g of salted butter and 50g of dark (70-75%ish cocoa is ideal, more is too dark, less makes wussy brownies, trust me I've tested everything from 40 to 85%) chocolate into little bits. Put it in the bowl in the pan and stir it until it melts.

While this happens pre heat the oven to about 180C. That's 453.15K give or take. Maybe a 10 degree warmer if the oven isn't fan assisted. Meanwhile take a huge ass bowl and break an egg into it and beat it a bit then add 80g of sugar (or 2 eggs and 160g of sugar, most recipes say use white but I find that any sugar works, it just changes the character. Personally I'll take muscavado and make a sludgier brownie) if you used 100g of butter and chocolate.. and so on). Add a few drops of vanilla (maybe half a teaspoon per 2 eggs, it doesn't need to be exact). Mix this up thoroughly. Keep re mixing it as you wait for the chocolate.

Lastly sieve 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder per egg. Put this aside. The flour can be self raising though I'd say don't bother. Maybe add a pinch of baking powder or have 1/3-1/2 of the flour be self raising or you end up with crumbly brownies.

Give the egg/sugar mix a quick mix up again. Ensure it stays mixed until our chocolate butter has all melted. Stir the chocolate butter into one liquid then pour into the egg/sugar mix. Mix this up thoroughly then add the flour and cocoa and mix thoroughly until there's no pockets of anything left.

This is the point where you can add other ingredients, white chocolate chunks, finely chopped nuts and other more creative options work I once bought a load of dried sour cherries and a few not dried ones soaked in kirsch, i left the whole lot in a bowl so they were sort of moist and used them, I thought the dried cherries alone would be too chewy after baking and my plan to have them absorb the liquer worked perfectly

Pour this shit into the tray. The tray should not be completely full if you used any self raising flour or baking power. Put it in the oven for about 15-25 minutes. When you take it out the oven is up to you. If you like dry brownies take it out as soon as the wobble has gone. Personally I like to take it out while you can make the top of the brownie wobble slightly but almost inperceptably. Or maybe very slightly before that. This will take practice but unless you heinously fuck this up, your brownies will be delicious regardless.

Leave too cool completely before removing the brownies from the tray and then removing the tinfoil. Completely cool. Completely. Or it will stick. This is best served cool as it encourages it to be moist.
>>
James MacInnis - Fri, 26 Jan 2018 23:06:55 EST ID:RmoUZmWO No.154262 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1517026015449.gif -(1783754B / 1.70MB, 200x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>154238

>nigga knows about medium boiled eggs
>likes seeded bread
>the 'good' mayo (which he later says to be the tangy peppery shit my fav kind)
>endless stream of pepper, pepper is my favorite thing in life to consume

are you my culinary doppleganger? every single step in your recipe excited me.

sounds monolithic in its dankitude my dude. we seem to share the exact same taste bud profile. u should mix some eggs in with some spicy ramen dog
>>
Alain Passard - Sat, 27 Jan 2018 02:15:38 EST ID:TAI8xFSU No.154263 Ignore Report Quick Reply
brown sugar served as a tasty snack. simply pour some into a bowl and it's ready to eat.
>>
Jacques Pépin - Sat, 27 Jan 2018 12:15:58 EST ID:NNZ5+ZCz No.154267 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154263
You forgot the butter
>>
Chen Kenichi - Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:07:59 EST ID:EWp1UAng No.154268 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154263
Nice try [name redacted]
>>
Carme Ruscalleda - Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:16:17 EST ID:mFuEqNat No.154270 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i call it "bacon squash". the biggest downside of bacon squash is that it makes enough for two people (in theory)... the other downside is you need to use a peeler to peel the squash because you WILL cut yourself if you try to do it with a knife lol. that aside, peelers are cheap, and bacon is delicious.

get yourself a butternut squash small-to-medium and at least four strips of thick cut bacon. heat the oven to 375 F / 190 C. cut the squash into rough 2cm pieces or about the size of a testicle. put parchment paper (Al foil if you must but parchment works better) on a baking sheet, spread all the squash pieces on the paper (they should cover it in 1 layer), lay the bacon strips over the squash, and stick the whole thing in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the bacon looks golden brown. if you did it right the squash will be soft and brown on the bottom and the bacon will be delicately crispy.

protip: use a cell phone flashlight to look in the oven without opening it all the way if you're not sure. i've never actually timed it >.>
>>
Michel Bras - Sun, 28 Jan 2018 14:23:24 EST ID:1BeLZ2O1 No.154275 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154268
I fucking lold.
>>
Raymond Oliver - Tue, 30 Jan 2018 03:54:02 EST ID:+NJAlw4Q No.154279 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154262
Only true culinary geniuses know about medium boiled eggs.
>>
James MacInnis - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 04:21:21 EST ID:ZxnQ1xsy No.154345 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154234
once in a blue moon i make a pretty dank salad. big pile of that pre-packed spring mix at the store, like five blackberries, a few cherry tomatoes, feta, crutons, and this raspberry salad dressing i found.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.