420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Looking for cannabutter recipes by Josef Foley - Fri, 09 Mar 2018 06:31:31 EST ID:qEXTkCRa No.154610 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1520595091834.jpg -(1212708B / 1.16MB, 1220x12293) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1212708
I have the recipe from Shit Benderwudging, wondering if anyone has tried and tested that? Looking for any alternatives. Saw a recipe that told me to oven bake my ground weed before pouring into melted butter but I feel like that will just burn the shit out of my weed depending on how ground up it is.
>>
Hubert Keller - Fri, 09 Mar 2018 18:13:17 EST ID:GzSuhlcl No.154615 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You don't want it to start smoking ofc, but you have to do that to decarboxylate it, basically activate the THC. Naturally this happens on its own when you smoke it, but worst case scenario if you don't heat it enough before making food with it is that you won't get high.
>>
Martín Berasategui - Mon, 12 Mar 2018 21:48:00 EST ID:xhwuVv+M No.154631 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154610
Baking is unnecessary. The heat from the crockpot will decarb it. Just throw your weed in a pot with some water and some butter and simmer it for 1-10 hours on medium temp stirring occasionally. It helps to chop it up as much as possible beforehand. The water will help to break down the plant matter and absorb the chlorophyll. The longer you leave it on for the better it will come out, but there are diminishing returns after a couple hours. Strain out the solids when it's still hot and then put it in the fridge. The butter will rise to the top and float on top of the water and you take that out and throw the rest away.
>>
Starfox !!S9+xB2BS - Tue, 20 Mar 2018 14:44:11 EST ID:DD2R5oKD No.154655 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154610
As mentioned, baking it is unescessary, as melting it with the butter decarboxylates it well enough.

Any cake, biscuit or cookie batter mix can be used with weed as long as something is in there to mask the taste a bit (like chocolate) and if it uses butter. Shit's recipe is a pretty good guideline.

If you don't have much time, you don't have to wait until the cannabutter is solid. Just make sure it's lukewarm (body temperature), so you don't kill any yeast in the cake mix.
Water is also optional for cannabutter. It just makes sure it's easier to take out when solid.

Clarified cannabutter can be made with a double boiler setup... the goal of this process is to remove the water from the butter. However, that process works best with hasish, as it melts like chocolate, just at a higher temperature.
You may need to bake the weed first though.
If you want a more intense butter taste in your cakes and cookies, go for clarified butter.

clarified cannabutter can also be used to make sauces for dishes. Just make sure that the sauce has a lot of taste on its own... Sauce Hollandaise and similar recipes will not turn out good, as they don't have enough taste on their own.
>>
Fanny Craddock - Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:07:41 EST ID:XiUh33qu No.154656 Ignore Report Quick Reply
As a man with access to a large amount of dabs, is there a way to cook with concentrate?

I tried a recipe I read online where you cook down the concentrate at the lowest your oven can until it stops bubbling. Then you can add it to coconut oil and cook using the oil with dabs mixed in.

Tried it with 2 grams of dabs and got nothing from the cookies I made. Any tips?
>>
Vincent la Chapelle - Thu, 29 Mar 2018 05:12:21 EST ID:dLdaOzGY No.154758 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>154656
I never cook with my actual dabs, but I eat all my reclaim

it's already activated from being smoked once so all you have to do is get it out of your pipe and in to your stomach

do that however you see fit, I often use capsules

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.