Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan's Canada Cannabis Legalization Logitech Giveaway

We're giving away Logitech hardware to lucky 420chan users to celebrate recreational legalization on October 17!
Round 1 Giveaway Entry     Discussion Thread
trying to turn my life around by Eric Ripert - Thu, 10 May 2018 15:49:20 EST ID:JA3/e1UM No.155310 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1525981760207.jpg -(795767B / 777.12KB, 1000x667) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 795767
yo, I'm trying to create a diet 'plan' that will help cure my depression, boost my libido, make me more virile, all that good stuff. i'm not very good at planning anything so i need some feedback/input.

>breakfast foods
eggs eggs eggs
wholemeal bread
oats
whole milk
spinach
chicken livers
smoked salmon
maybe bacon

>lunch
wholewheat pasta
wholegrain rice
turkey mince
mackerel
tuna
beef mince
avocado

>dinner
chicken breast
steak
brocolli
carrot
potatoes
peas
beans
tomatoes
idk lol

>misc fruit/snacks
brazil nuts
macadamia nuts
bananas
apricots
apples
OJ
beef jerky

>supplements
multivitamin
vitamin C
vitamin B complex
cod liver oil
magnesium
zinc
l-arginine

i guess what i'm asking for here is for anything i should add/remove, some ideas and guidance on how to incorporate all these foods into actual meals, and how often/much/little to eat everything

thanks in advance friendos
>>
Bernard Loiseau - Thu, 10 May 2018 16:01:31 EST ID:bnDwnI8O No.155311 Ignore Report Quick Reply
That's probably fine but regular exercise will help more than sticking with all that. It's better to exercise and eat stuff you enjoy than just force yourself to eat boring rubbish.
>>
Eric Ripert - Thu, 10 May 2018 16:12:01 EST ID:JA3/e1UM No.155312 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155311
exercise is on the agenda too, nutrition is key though my dude
>>
Lancelot de Casteau - Thu, 10 May 2018 16:59:10 EST ID:usRKrOCF No.155313 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525985950065.jpg -(138506B / 135.26KB, 600x862) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Breakfast:

Add more nuts in your breakfast. Stuff like cashews and almonds, etc, whatever you fancy. Healthy fats and oils.
On a similar vein, avocado is also a great healthy fat. There's a reason it's a popular (it's totally overpriced tho)

Smoked Salmon is overrated in terms of health, too salty, Smoked mackerel is superior. But you got the right idea; fish is great. Cottage cheese is a fantastic source of protein if you're trying to cut down on meats (many people eat WAY too much meat in the morning)

Try avoid milk for breakfast. It's tough - I used to eat porridge everyday with mixed fruit, but I realize that milk isn't that great (friggin FDA). You're far better consuming it in probiotic form as a yoghurt, get those healthy bio-guts, something that is lacking in many people's diet and lacking in milk as a whole. Muesli with yoghurt >>>>> Porridge in terms of health. Or you could be like my dad who makes porridge without milk then adds yoghurt, fucking disgusting.

Don't shy away from drinking fruits. Blending shit with the pulp is great, just add a bit of juice from a carton and you can down it. My friend adds almonds in his, which I find gross, but whatever floats your boat.
Recently I skip coffee in the morning and instead add caffeine powder into a blended drink of blackberries, black cherries, grape, acai berry and a dash of apple juice to keep it smooth along with some flax. Wakes me right up and makes me shit rainbows right after.

Lunch/Dinner:

Seems alright, if not a bit boring. Healthy can be fun man, if you're willing to try a few things. You needn't break the bank either. There are nice alternatives to the carbs your eating, such as bulgur wheat, couscous, wild rice, cauliflower rice, barley. Quinoa sucks balls tho, it's one of the first healthy stuff people try and understably turns them right off.

You seem to eat a lot of meat. You only really need two portions of meat a day, unless you're trying to bulk up. Are you currently doing a lot of anaerobic exercise, such as lifting? If so then knock yourself out. Lean meats like turkey is good, but then again so is the aforementioned cottage cheese. Also eggs.
If you're doing a lot of aerobic exercise, and are trying to trim your love handles, then i'd recommend a higher carb and fibre intake and 2.5-3L of water. You'll be shitting like a backed up lawn sprinkler tho.

Vitamins:

Also you really don't need all those supplements if you are eating everything that you are stating, as you will literally piss them out. Go on and take all those vitamins and then smell your piss. Your body cannot hold 1000% of the RDA of whatever is in those, and it will remove it. Vit B and C are a bit redundant when you are taking multivitamins anyway.
In fact i'd just scrap all the vitamins and take vit B solely, vit D if you live in a place with little sunlight. Magnesium is not needed if you are eating bananas, even occasionally. Zinc and Cod Liver oil is something that is lacking in the modern diet and I WOULD recommend taking them. I don't have any opinion on l-arginine, really.

Hope this is informative.
>>
Eric Ripert - Thu, 10 May 2018 17:22:06 EST ID:JA3/e1UM No.155315 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155313
thanks man, i do feel like i need to include less meat, i'm just not very creative in what to replace it with. i'll eat more meat on days when i lift and leave it out on my off days, i guess. cottage cheese and yogurt are great ideas, definitely missing from my list.
i'm effectively trying to increase my testosterone levels and become less lazy/unmotivated, lame as that might sound. i'm sick of waking up and spending all day doing nothing, and i feel the motivation to go outside and just do something starts with my diet/exercise.

two things i forgot to list are green tea and dark chocolate. i think the big things for me to consider is to eat eggs every day and stop masturbating and drinking alcohol for good.
>>
Lidia Bastianich - Thu, 10 May 2018 22:10:41 EST ID:+NJAlw4Q No.155316 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Eat more food and less food that's not whole food food.
>>
Tyler Florence - Thu, 10 May 2018 23:28:54 EST ID:4ST0drXC No.155317 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526009334858.jpg -(77055B / 75.25KB, 500x464) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
You don't have to eat breakfast if you don't get hungry in the morning
>>
Art Smith - Sat, 12 May 2018 04:16:41 EST ID:bnDwnI8O No.155330 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155313
I try to do this shit but I don't know how people keep it up. Every different pack of fruit you get runs out or goes off at a different time and you have yo go to the shop every day almost just to make sure you have enough of each ingredient ready. It's such a pain in the ass.
>>
Masahiko Kobe - Sat, 12 May 2018 05:46:37 EST ID:dLdaOzGY No.155331 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155330
fruit can be frozen
>>
Menon - Sun, 13 May 2018 05:50:25 EST ID:+NJAlw4Q No.155333 Ignore Report Quick Reply
fyi when you freeze fruit, freeze it out in the open in the freezer on a plate or baking sheet then after it's frozen put it in a bag or container. That way they won't stick together.

But yeah don't let the short shelf life of fruit keep you from keeping fruit stocked, there are tons of different things you can do with them to avoid waste.
>>
James MacInnis - Sun, 13 May 2018 13:39:36 EST ID:bnDwnI8O No.155334 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155331
I do freeze some but my freezer is pretty small.
>>
Guy Fieri - Mon, 14 May 2018 13:10:51 EST ID:VkHblIEm No.155339 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155313
Some good stuff but some things I'd probably amend.
>Fruit juice is not as good as whole fruit. Also you only really want 2 fruit a day. The rest of your 5/7/10 should be veg. Fibre is important, fruit juice, even with pulp loses a lot.
>Milk is mediocre, you're right but yogurt can be a trap. Make sure it's not super sugary shit
>actually I want to endorse what you said about carbs fully. Just for emphasis.
>most cod liver oil comes with vitamin D, good shout.
I don't eat a lot of dairy so I do chuck calcium pills in. I know there's a good amount in my diet and that it won't be very efficient but I'm just throwing a little extra in to make sure.

Also what you said about the differing exercise forms is smart though I do both. Eat lots of veg and you will not shit like a backed up sprinkler. Drop some of those carby carbs and replace with greens. The problem is if you overdo it you end up always ready to go. There's 3-5 on the bristol scale waiting in your anus at just about any time of day. Reduced risk of bowel cancer and no piles though which is good. Pushing the wax bullet of misery into your butthole and then sitting on TP is not a fun way to spend an evening.
>>
Adolphe Dugléré - Mon, 14 May 2018 14:05:57 EST ID:bnDwnI8O No.155340 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155339
heh heh
butt yogurt
heh
>>
Heston Blumenthal - Thu, 17 May 2018 12:53:17 EST ID:GIG8Nmo4 No.155358 Ignore Report Quick Reply
dont forget to have a big bowl for breakfast

of weed
>>
Dave Foo - Sun, 20 May 2018 21:33:22 EST ID:pE6HB+Kg No.155380 Ignore Report Quick Reply
go vegan and work out, you'll be one of those crazy people who are smiling at whole foods, but you can still vape concentrates.
>>
Represent - Tue, 22 May 2018 07:40:44 EST ID:b+8YP8nj No.155394 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Comment>>155310
Good plan but stay away from the vitamin B complex. It's more expensive but buy individual vitamins and only take B1 and B2, and B9 or B12. I don't trust those multivitamins at all. Also, think about adding some vitamin E too and maybe some Ester C (LOOK IT UP).
And some generic advice: stay away from any antihistamines with anticholinergic properties.
>>
Marcelo Zana - Tue, 22 May 2018 09:16:43 EST ID:+NJAlw4Q No.155395 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155394
Yeah this, when I hear about people using benadryl as a sleep aid regularly it makes me sad. Do not do that.
>>
Wolfgang Puck - Wed, 23 May 2018 02:00:05 EST ID:dLdaOzGY No.155412 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155395
my friend took a bunch of benadryl every night to go to sleep for a few years straight and now he thinks he's a chick
>>
Martha Stewart - Sat, 26 May 2018 20:12:18 EST ID:Pz219JAB No.155526 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155380
Like this guy said, it's important to weigh things out. Are you willing to be that weird smiling person at Amazon Foods just to live longer and have a healthier life? I'm not. Well, I mean I eat less shit than I used to, less processed food, dairy, meat, alcohol, etc., but I still consume all of those things so hyea

>>155394
>>155395
Yeah benadryl is pretty bad for you, especially if taken even somewhat regularly. Melatonin is nasty shit too. It's prescription-only in the rest of the developed world, since it's a goddamn hormone, but here people take tons of it because Big Pharma Hentai Spice makes sure they're ignorant of the risks, and instead focused on how best to prepare their meal's seasoning.
>>
Marco Pierre White - Sat, 26 May 2018 22:35:16 EST ID:yM1z/TR+ No.155527 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155526
idk man, smoked paprika cured my depression
>>
Thomas Keller - Wed, 30 May 2018 02:06:01 EST ID:dLdaOzGY No.155591 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155526
bro I think you missed the memo

it wasn't big spice shilling smoked paprika here it was big hungary
>>
Pierre Koffman - Fri, 01 Jun 2018 21:55:17 EST ID:ssBMmRh0 No.155620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1527904517004.jpg -(22283B / 21.76KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>155591
>BIG HUNGARY
>>
François Massialot - Mon, 04 Jun 2018 02:39:14 EST ID:+NJAlw4Q No.155632 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528094354519.png -(74106B / 72.37KB, 178x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Is there anything more satisfying than the crunch of a delicious apple??
>>
Chef Wan - Tue, 05 Jun 2018 09:47:29 EST ID:imCDR9pM No.155644 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155632
Green apples, Yes. Yellow apple? Nah too sweet.
>>
Alice Waters - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 06:15:13 EST ID:dzsdmSSf No.155654 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155632
>posts the only kind of apple that doesnt CRUNCH...
>>
Pierre Troisgros - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:39:24 EST ID:FAvYFlY4 No.155739 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>help cure my depression, boost my libido, make me more virile, all that good stuff.
eat a whole-foods plant-based diet. just try to eat this way as much as you are capable to do. like, if you love cheese, then replace everything but cow's cheese. anything with cholesterol will go against what you're trying to achieve. all plants have zero cholesterol. eat more fruit. I really think changing my diet to mostly fruit helped tremendously to cure my depression by restoring my feeling of youthful energy. I'm vegan and the supplements I take are: vitamin b12, iron, vitamin d, a multivitamin, and use iodized salt. I'd say it's a guarantee way to turn your life around. check out some meal plans for ideas:
https://runningonrealfood.com/whole-food-plant-based-meal-plan/
>>
Keith Floyd - Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:44:31 EST ID:+NJAlw4Q No.155748 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155739
lmao
>>
Alton Brown - Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:14:56 EST ID:nM0uNBhw No.155749 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155739
i don't like suggestions like this cause engineering a diet plan that maximizes everything about you depends entirely on your genetic makeup. most everyone is so far removed culturally and mixed genetically from whatever the fuck diet humans are "supposed" to eat that it's too arcane to really design around. fruit-basis might work for you but for me that much sugar would really wear me down. a more extreme example would be like a First Nation person who's survived for generations on seal meat, you can't just switch them to a vegan diet and expect them to have the same improvements.

any strict diet plan is worth a try I guess, since you can always just quit. and it's more tangible advice than just "listen to your body." but people really should just eat as big a myriad of foods as they can get their hands on, and meal plan for the stuff that makes you feel your best. and also consider how cooking makes you feel in your mind, not just your gut. pot roast isn't as good for me as a pan-seared trout with microgreens and quinoa but cooking it is more relaxing, and feels indulgent and rewarding, and those are things that should count when you consider how food makes you feel. don't eat a whole bag of cheetos just cause it's "rewarding", but being super meticulous about every bit of food I ate harmed me more with stress than it helped me with nutrition. nothing has to be "X based" or geared toward eliminating X unless you have a food allergy.
>>
Elijah Joy - Sat, 16 Jun 2018 19:50:11 EST ID:1L/fz5WQ No.155752 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155739
>the supplements I take are: vitamin b12, iron, vitamin d, a multivitamin, and use iodized salt.

This is why I stopped being vegan.
>>
Heston Blumenthal - Tue, 19 Jun 2018 11:01:49 EST ID:GTVOMM8A No.155769 Ignore Report Quick Reply
depression lifted for me around the time i started eating different. dropped all meat but fish. no dairy. no added sugar. i did drop wheat from the diet, too, and it solved a lifetime of irregular bowel movements and discomfort. gluten-free-ness gets a lot of eye rolling, but its your life, so experiment and find what digests well and what doesn't.

rice and oatmeal are my main fillers, with fruit, veggies and a variety of seasonings. its very plain to some people. that might be the trick - plain food, plain mind. an uncomplicated diet with uncomplicated thoughts.

also, try meditation, regular exercise (just walk around a lot), and perhaps a style of martial arts or yoga.

i believe in you, good job making changes
>>
Cat Cora - Tue, 26 Jun 2018 19:03:48 EST ID:8eaqa6FP No.155843 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>155769
>plain food, plain mind. an uncomplicated diet with uncomplicated thoughts.

this is such backassward empty rhetoric. everything you say is a pile of hollow suppositions

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.