Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Headset Giveaway!

G933 Giveaway     Discussion Thread
Your staples by Claude Troisgros - Wed, 04 Jul 2018 21:01:51 EST ID:GTVOMM8A No.156000 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1530752511223.jpg -(152628B / 149.05KB, 740x1110) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 152628
rice, oatmeal, lentils, there's so many. what do you add to your diet for health? I mostly eat what I listed, and tofu is alright, and those rice noodles in the asian section are great, too.

veggies and stuff to go with them.
>>
Adolphe Dugléré - Thu, 05 Jul 2018 02:12:29 EST ID:tXasn4Vc No.156004 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1530771149493.jpg -(82409B / 80.48KB, 640x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>156000
Rice, eggs, pinto beans/lentils, milk, chicken/cheap pork, noodles, bananas, apples
This is basically my diet, I think it's fairly balanced but Jesus fuck is it boring I had to buy fancy hot sauces to make any meals interesting now
I mean I'm pretty sure some mixture of those will keep you nourished and healthy indefinitely but man it sucks not having variety sometimes, like just rain king crab one day in the desert, give me a treat
>>
Eric Ripert - Sat, 07 Jul 2018 11:29:28 EST ID:JP6zuvH6 No.156026 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156000
Peas, sweetcorn, carrots, spinach, butternut squash, corgette, cabbage, mushrooms all turn up extremely regularly and frequently in my diet something else is very regular and frequent too

I eat quite a few apples and bananas because some fruit is good. I eat a lot of chicken breast because unprocessed white meat is either devoid of or greatly reduced in the health downsides that come with usual meat eating diets and it's basically lean protein. I eat a lot of super dark chocolate which is also high in fibre and protein and low in refined carbs as treat foods go.

After christmas or whatever when I return to this diet I actually feel my body perk up after a day or two. I think it's probably 90% just avoiding the carb crashes that come with food I love. But I suspect the rest helps too.

>>156004
If you traded the noodles for some green veg you'd probably be better off. They're basically empty carbs. I don't think you're about to get scurvy or anything but even some shit like frozen mixed veg would help. Also a lot of your meals would go with mushrooms, corgettes (zucchini) would probably work with them too. Peas, carrots and sweetcorn would work with some of that or as a side. Have a guest vegetable or two with every meal. Use spices to flavour your food if you don't want to pour hot sauce in everything and have the veg fit the theme.

It won't make your meals much more exciting but it'll bring your diet up from "fairly balanced" to "amazing".
>>
Susur Lee - Sat, 07 Jul 2018 12:45:17 EST ID:GIG8Nmo4 No.156027 Ignore Report Quick Reply
me eat egg
>>
Jamie Oliver - Sat, 07 Jul 2018 13:12:22 EST ID:lxnE+JsO No.156028 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I like cashews and filberts.
>>
Marc Summers - Sat, 07 Jul 2018 17:20:14 EST ID:dLdaOzGY No.156030 Ignore Report Quick Reply
berries and yogurt in the morning
>>
Thomas Keller - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 04:12:27 EST ID:nM0uNBhw No.156031 Ignore Report Quick Reply
make my own granola and top fresh yogurt with it. buy things like fresh fish and berries seasonally. listen to animal collective.

something i don't do for my health is eat clam chowder at 4 in the morning, which i am about to do
>>
Ludovic Lefebvre - Mon, 09 Jul 2018 00:25:05 EST ID:NYhesM2y No.156039 Ignore Report Quick Reply
brown and wild rice, lentils, black beans, onion, garlic, egg

when I'm broke at least i can still eat pretty well. More variety is better of course, fruits and veggies alike. I try to stay stocked with oranges and apples as well. Berries are great but don't keep well and can be pricey. Every now and then I'll buy a whole bird if i want meat, or a quick discounted cut of beef.
>>
Charlie Trotter - Thu, 12 Jul 2018 01:42:44 EST ID:+NJAlw4Q No.156068 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531374164938.jpg -(16467B / 16.08KB, 220x194) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>156030
You should have had berries and cream. I'm a little lad who loves berries and cream.
>>
Rick Moonen - Sat, 21 Jul 2018 21:34:10 EST ID:DD2R5oKD No.156181 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156000
Rice, noodles, pasta, chicken and whatever fish is available mostly
As for veggies, it depends on the season... for summer, mostly lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber.

Yogurt at least once weekly and 2-3 tall glasses of milk a day.

I also make it a rule to have at least one type of fruit in the house at any given time. Most often it's bananas, mandarins or peaches.
>>
Jose Garces - Mon, 30 Jul 2018 21:59:10 EST ID:R7ysVX3k No.156283 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Red beans and rice or black beans with spainish rice are my main Staples lately, trying to save some money and that shit can be made easily on the cheap.
>>
Rachael Ray - Mon, 30 Jul 2018 23:21:07 EST ID:mZz/kJdP No.156285 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The only constant in my kitchen is the veggies going bad in the fridge because they refuse to sell in portions for one.
>>
Masaharu Morimoto - Tue, 31 Jul 2018 06:16:45 EST ID:bnDwnI8O No.156286 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533032205208.jpg -(47780B / 46.66KB, 1200x605) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>
Antoine Parmentier - Tue, 31 Jul 2018 12:43:11 EST ID:wOSKswHy No.156288 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156286
>High in iron
>>
Koumei Nakamura - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 21:43:03 EST ID:Wvk7d28p No.156299 Ignore Report Quick Reply
We always have a giant salad garden salad on hand, arugula as the green, because it's the most flavorful.

We also do a big pot of pintos and mainly eat off that every other week. We take a week off in between though, because pintos all the time would be too hard on the fart system.
>>
Hubert Keller - Fri, 17 Aug 2018 13:46:10 EST ID:kgTAu3B1 No.156431 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I try to eat a lot of meat since it is the only thing that makes me full and keeps me from eating crap.
I also try to eat fatty fish to keep my Omega 3 / Omega 6 ratio higher
>>
Pierre Wynants - Sun, 19 Aug 2018 19:54:31 EST ID:XLMhlgsX No.156458 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156431
Bro I hate to break it to you, but according to the American Cancer Society, meat causes cancer (group 1 carcinogen in fact, the most severe group), and according to the American Diabetes Association, meat causes diabetes. I'm tempted to go on about Alzheimer's, Dementia, and general coronary heart disease, but instead I'll just say that I'm only telling you this so can you be more informed when you eat meat. I had an Italian Sub and some Domino's today, so don't get the wrong idea or anything. Yeah ideally we should probably all be vegans eating nuts and twigs, but 'm just saying to treat it like a drug, you know have moderation and shit.

If you're foolish enough to trust anons on the internet about health science, then I'll preach a tad more. Meat is better for you than dairy. Another one would be: stay hydrated and you'll have better everything, from digestion, to mental clarity, to gum health and lower oral bacteria levels. But you're not stupid enough to assume an anon is truthful or correct anyway, so I'm kinda wasting my time preaching to myself.
>>
Philippe Rochat - Sun, 19 Aug 2018 20:01:03 EST ID:XLMhlgsX No.156459 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156458
>leads post with "Bro"
Alright shit I'm too fucked up right now my bad /nom/

>meat is a group 1 carcinogen
Alright that's a bit misleading. Only processed meat (lunch meats, ham, bacon, salted meats, etc.) are group 1 carcinogens. Everything else is group 2, which is still very bad, but it's an important distinction nonetheless.
nb;dp
>>
Ina Garten - Mon, 20 Aug 2018 03:40:10 EST ID:dLdaOzGY No.156461 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156458
not the guy you were replying to but nigga I smoke a pack a day your carcinogen groups don't scare me
>>
Jean-Baptiste Troisgros - Mon, 20 Aug 2018 20:44:10 EST ID:aikhWt3z No.156469 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156459
Also, Hubert was just saying that meat keeps them full and (for whatever reason) keeps him from eating other shit. I get that. Sometimes I'll just have some meat and it's so satisfying I don't need to fill up on anything else.

>but 'm just saying to treat it like a drug, you know have moderation and shit.
Hell yeah. I try to minimize how much meat I use. A little bit goes a long way.

I think you're way off about the carcinogen thing, too. You're talking IARC groupings. IIRC, meat and any fod with char on it is a 2A or 2B carcinogen. Those are "probably" and "possibly" carcinogenic.

Meat is definitely not a group 1. That's like plutonium and smoking a pack of cigs a day.
>>
Jean-Baptiste Troisgros - Mon, 20 Aug 2018 20:46:09 EST ID:aikhWt3z No.156470 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156469
>Meat is definitely not a group 1.
Oh fuck. Spoke too soon. Read your post and googled. Yeah, processed meat is a group 1. That just goes to show: 1) Processed meat is fucking awesome. 2) The IARC are a bunch of whiney babies.
>>
François Massialot - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 14:42:11 EST ID:kgTAu3B1 No.156480 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156458
I don't know about those since I am not American. What do they base those claims on?
>>
François Massialot - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 14:48:10 EST ID:kgTAu3B1 No.156481 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156469
"The consumption of processed meat was associated with small increases in the risk of cancer
in the studies reviewed. In those studies, the risk generally increased with the amount of meat
consumed. An analysis of data from 10 studies estimated that every 50 gram portion of
processed meat eaten daily increases the risk of colorectal cancer by about 18%.
The cancer risk related to the consumption of red meat is more difficult to estimate because the
evidence that red meat causes cancer is not as strong. However, if the association of red meat
and colorectal cancer were proven to be causal, data from the same studies suggest that the
risk of colorectal cancer could increase by 17% for every 100 gram portion of red meat eatendaily."
Source: IARC
https://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/iarcnews/pdf/Monographs-Q&A_Vol114.pdf

So that is a 17% association... That's 1.17x increased risk

That is totally ludicrous to draw such conclusions when cigarette smokers have like 30x risk of getting lung cancer. Now that is a proper epidemiological association.
1.17x come on, that doesn't say anything.
>>
François Massialot - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 14:59:13 EST ID:kgTAu3B1 No.156484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156481
Also they always seem to refer to colorectal cancer.
There are studies about those too, like the Polyp Prevention Trial.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17855692
"This study failed to show any effect of a low-fat, high-fiber, high-fruit and -vegetable eating pattern on adenoma recurrence even with 8 years of follow-up. (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007;16(9):1745–52)"
"The 20% reduction in the consumption of red and processed meat among subjects in the PPT intervention group may have been too small to affect the risk of recurrence of adenomas."

So studies show that cutting red meat from the diet doesn't decrease the occurence of cancers. However they say red meat causes cancer.
It makes no sense.
The evidence they put out is really shitty since it's associational. Who eats red meat these days when people say it is bad for you? People who don't care. People who don't care get less checkups at the doctor, they smoke more, they drink more soda et.c. so it's probably just that what it shows.
I haven't seen any proof that red meat causes cancers.
>>
Fanny Craddock - Wed, 22 Aug 2018 13:09:36 EST ID:j6qt9xCj No.156496 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>156484
Yeah showing a 17% increase per 100g daily then nothing from a 20% drop is weird. Of course 20% of what most people eat daily is less than 100g so it's possible that actually that is too small a reduction or that the changes were too small to be detected as statistically significant.

I'm still waiting on a study that isolates meat compared to processed meat or controls for the rest of the diet. When meat eating is the default diet it's what most people who don't think at all about what they eat will opt for.

I think people who make a proper effort to do a thing with their diet will generally be healthier. A few years ago you had to make an effort to be a vegetarian and not eat a boring diet or get ill very quickly, now you don't and veganism is as hard (ie less of a challenge than it was) so I suspect we'll see these groups slowly become more like the general population in terms of shitty health as these diets stop being an option for people who don't think about what they put in their mouth too hard.

Anyway the upside of this is that pedo goblin will be about 50% butt tumour by 2025.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.