Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Hi-Point 995TS Carbine by Sophie Pushlock - Tue, 05 Jul 2016 06:30:32 EST ID:RBBTomce No.42616 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1467714632791.jpg -(61157B / 59.72KB, 940x275) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 61157
Planning on buying one of these 995TS Carbines soon. Experiences? Advice? Something better?
>>
Samuel Dranninghud - Tue, 05 Jul 2016 09:28:00 EST ID:8Imc/peh No.42618 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42616

What is your intended use?
Is this your first gun?
What is your budget?

I hear good things about them, good value and such but if you have more money there are better pistol carbines out there.

If you are broke as shit and live in a bad neighborhood, cant really beat a pistol and a carbine for 500 total, lol hipoint.
>>
Phyllis Mussledatch - Tue, 05 Jul 2016 14:11:16 EST ID:idGyf3Jk No.42620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42618
No not first gun, I have a smith and wesson m&p 9 shield, so I already have a good amount of 9mm stockpiled. Intended use for the carbine would be my bump in the night gun, seeing as how my M&P is my carry around gun.
>>
Samuel Dranninghud - Tue, 05 Jul 2016 14:31:24 EST ID:8Imc/peh No.42621 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42616
And your budget is? Lol, kinda the main factor in my recomedation.

9mm for defense, you need QUALITY hollowpoints. You may know this I just want to stress it.

Look into
kel tec sub2k
Aero survival rifle
Mech tech barrel device (they make one for m n p, but would be worth it to grab a cheap used glock as the grip.

Unless cost is an issue, I would get something with common mags and/or uses the same mags as the mnp.

Hi point carbine isn't bad tho, just better stuff if you have the money
>>
Phyllis Mussledatch - Tue, 05 Jul 2016 19:27:41 EST ID:idGyf3Jk No.42623 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42621
Nothing over $600
>>
Hamilton Sablingwerk - Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:22:34 EST ID:8Imc/peh No.42624 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42623
Kel tec sub 2 k.
Get the glock mag version.
I have one in 40 sw and I love it.
Can be had for 400 if lucky, 500 more likely. Don't pay more than 550, period.
>>
pony !zomGDeAgLE - Sun, 10 Jul 2016 20:31:05 EST ID:JW6A/1ow No.42628 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1468197065874.jpg -(2459278B / 2.35MB, 3500x1429) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42624
Eh. It has a poor cheek weld and awkward charging handle. That's better reserved as a truck gun where its ability to fold makes it easier to stow. If OP's dead set on a 9mm carbine, I'd advise an AR (which has the advantage of potentially being a host for a .223 or .300 blk rifle) or a mechtech upper if he can see himself nabbing a glock or 1911.

Worst thing about the hi point carbines is the 10 rd capacity. Don't go trying to fix that issue with the high cap promag crap, either.

I'd honestly advise some 12 gauge for cheap home invasion insurance, but a pistol caliber carbine is fine too.
>>
Fuck Gizzletut - Mon, 11 Jul 2016 06:53:23 EST ID:mGX0VybV No.42629 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42628
Have you ever actually shot one or just parroting what you read on the internet?

The cheek weld depends on you, but a 10 dollar piece of foam will fix any problems.
Its ergonomics and usable accuracy are well documented across youtube and forums.

Charging handle is fine if you have any motor skills, I think you may be using the wrong hand.

I own one, and only complaint are the sights but they make metal replacements. A reflex optic is the name of the game for a pistol caliber carbine.

You are really one of those people who thinks anything that folds is only good as a truck gun? I suggest you shoot it before you knock it.

You can't get an ar in 9mm for 600, and definately not a true AR that can change caliber.

Dude doesn't want a 12 gauge, so don't push it on him... dildo.
You sound like a cliche gun store sales clerk ass wipe.
"I know you did research and decided what you want, but I think you should have this weapon with a conpletely different caliber and type of weapon."
>>
pony !zomGDeAgLE - Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:56:57 EST ID:JW6A/1ow No.42630 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You can't get an ar in 9mm for 600, and definately (sic) not a true AR that can change caliber.
Complete lower - $120
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New_Frontier_Armory_LW_15_Complete_Poly_Lower_p/nfa-lw15blk.htm
16" 9mm barrel - $120
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Kaw_Valley_Precision_16_9MM_4150_QPQ_AR_15_Barrel_p/kvp-9mm-bbl-16.htm
Slickslide stripped upper - $55
http://www.jsesurplus.com/andersonmfgm4ftusporterstripped.aspx
15" forearm - $65
http://www.jsesurplus.com/youngmanufacturing15rifleventedfloat.aspx
Charging handle - $15
http://www.jsesurplus.com/ar15charginghandle.aspx
9mm BCG - $170
http://www.jsesurplus.com/9mmrampedbottomboltassembly.aspx
9mm magazine adapter - $175 (the only thing out of stock)
http://shop.hahn-precision.com/Top-9mm-Adapter-A9CRT0702.htm
Total - $720

If OP was planning on getting an AR someday anyways, the complete lower's cost can be considered a down payment of sorts, making the only cost that of the completed upper - $600. Admittedly, the price doesn't include a 9mm buffer (which is inexpensive but not strictly speaking necessary) mags ($30-$40 a pop), armorer's tool (which no AR owner should be without) or sights/optics. But the AR builld promises a whole lot more quality and versatility than the other carbines mentioned. It's ultimately up to OP whether it's worth it.

The sub2k's cheek weld is demonstrably worse than comparable carbines, as is the charging handle. I have fired it and I did notice those issues compared to the rifles I own. You may personally consider them minor deficiencies in exchange for whatever advantage a clamshelled folding carbine offers you. I did not.

Also, if you read the OP, he asks if there's something better. I offered a few things I consider better, one of which happened to be in a completely different chambering. Now kindly remove the sand from your panties and stop sounding like a paid kettec sales rep.
>>
Shitting Mimblebury - Tue, 12 Jul 2016 04:11:36 EST ID:07F54FW4 No.42631 Ignore Report Quick Reply
wait wait wait wait. Does what you want need to be a long gun?

OK. You want something for home defense. Can you shoot handguns well? You could pick up a police trade in or even new glock 17 and buy a 33 round mag for it and keep that and you'd be set.

New glocks are 500 bucks and police trade ins can be had for 350 to 400 a lot of the time. Even the 17 round standard mags still have quite a bit of firepower - especially if your packing some gold dots or hst's.
>>
Sidney Haffingwell - Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:45:57 EST ID:bq0QgQNX No.42632 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42630
Right, you can assemble a Franken AR for under 600...
Oh wait ! the total comes to 720, when the budget is 600.
And it doesn't take glock mags, which are the best for carbines.

Can you even numbers, bro?

Show me a finished ar in 9mm you can buy ready to go, for sub 600, you autistic wannabe lawyer.
Not everybody likes assembling their own weapons, especially for defense. I am catering to OP and his question, you are once again saying "get this cause its what I like", LIKE A CLICHE GUN STORE JERK OFF.

I admit I sounded like a bit of a fanboy, but I strongly disagree and think your ergonomic problems with the sub2k can be solved for 30 dollars worth of modification.

So what exactly competes with the Keltec in terms of role and price? I am just curious because you seem to be so sure yet have not named any specific weapons. I lIke to learn, enlighten me brother.
>>
Sidney Haffingwell - Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:47:48 EST ID:bq0QgQNX No.42633 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42631
The stock and increased length really increase practical accuracy and usability compared to a handgun.
Not to mention the extra barrel length can boost the energy of the projectile.

Its my belief that handguns are only for when you can't have a long gun/rifle.
>>
Martha Divingbanks - Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:25:31 EST ID:07F54FW4 No.42637 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42633
Although I do agree that a rifle is much more suitable for self defense and is also much easier to shoot, it is definitely easier to maneuver in a house with a handgun as opposed to a long gun. The velocity of 9mm rounds out of a 4" barrel are more than enough to cause great damage to the target and with modern defensive loads they are even more effective. I don't believe the ballistics are going to change in much of a positive way from a 4" barrel to a 16" barrel. I think that you will mostly see gains in penetration which can actually be a negative thing in a home defense situation. Especially when a proper 9mm hollowpoint out of a handgun will pass FBI penetration requirements.

I'm no expert but I am not sure how much barrel it takes to burn off all the powder in a standard 124 or 147 grain 9mm round but I figure it probably isn't 16 inches.

Now if you're talking about a 5.56 vs a 9mm that's a whole different bag but I think op is interested in a pistol caliber carbine.

One thing that I cannot argue with is that it will probably be easier to shoot the a rifle over a handgun- the main thing I'm trying to say is that there are a ton of options for home defense.
>>
wendy - Thu, 14 Jul 2016 06:17:02 EST ID:YxCVcLtm No.42638 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1468491422321.jpg -(24771B / 24.19KB, 600x418) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
PURE S H I T. there's an old saying - "never hesitate to spend the amount of money required to purchase high-quality when concerning any items which come between you and the ground (e.g. shoes, tires, mattresses, etc)..depending on your budget.It may sting to stick with this piece of advice...but i find this point of advice life-changing and beyond invaluable.... i certainly consider firearms to be items which, when needed, fall into the category of "objects that come between ourselves and the ground".. Shotgun, AR, whatever...just.... ffs, forget the hipoint.
>>
Henry Hudgedirk - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 06:23:23 EST ID:d2c3lETU No.42639 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42638
And the hi point hater comes out, I get why people don't like them, but they tend to work and you can't argue with that.

I don't own any, but a reliable pistol for 200 isn't a bum deal for the poorer folks.

And I've heard nothing but good things about the carbine functionally, only ever heard knocks from owners about aesthetics.

Almost all criticism is "ewwww a hipoint, gross". And if you can afford a better gun, then good, get it, but a hipoint is better that a pointy stick.
>>
wendy - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 08:56:11 EST ID:YxCVcLtm No.42640 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1468587371396.jpg -(415388B / 405.65KB, 2048x1433) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42639
>And the hi point hater comes out

There are many controversial weapons/accessories that I like. I'm no "hater", I am open to many things that I see others dismiss simply because they are "haters" of things that it is trendy to dislike. An example of this is that I am no"purist" when it comes to Kalashnikovs. In that regard, I am both a fan of simplicity, and of whatever else that works depending on the situation. This opinion is not exactly popular to say the least, yet I hold this opinion anyways because I could care less what people think, because my opinions are based on years of varied experience and are situationally dependent based on utility, not fashion or what is "trending". I see some guys who refuse to add an optic or a light to any AK pattern rifle and similar variants, simply because they refuse to get with the times, and cannot seem to appreciate that Kalashnikovs can be beneficial both as weapons whose major advantage is simplicity and reliability alone, as well as also being firearms that can benefit from an optic, light, rail, whatever, depending on what purpose you intend to have it serve.

Another example is that I am personally not a big fan of 1911's or Glocks. 1911's due to the fact that they are antiquated firearms that have flaws that have been improved in more modern firearms. I dislike Glocks simply as a result of personal preference, but I also realize that despite my personal preference, they are not inherently bad firearms. I do, despite my preference for other handguns, see them them as reliable firearms which are mechanically respectable. I couldn't give one single fuck less what trends people follow, or what opinions they may hold simply due to those opinions being popular or unpopular. One of these preferences is a dislike for Hi-point firearms, not because I am a "hater", but because I do have experience with them and find them to be firearms of horrible quality. I have seen Hi-point firearms malfunction more than I find acceptable, and I also dislike them based on the fact that their quality is atrocious.

>And I've heard nothing but good things about the carbine functionally, only ever heard knocks from owners about aesthetics.

I don't give a damn about the aesthetics. I wouldn't have any problem with Hi-point firearms (despite how hilarious that they do look imo), If they were of a higher quality and had a better track record. I am willing to try anything, and yet I still dislike Hi-point firearms. This opinion has fuckall to do with anything but the fact that, in my experience with them, they simply are not good firearms. This isn't about elitism or the amount of disposable income I have to spend on firearms of respectable quality. I have both firearms that cost more than some peoples cars, and firearms that are cheaper than some peoples sextoys.

If you want something cheap as all hell that actually runs, a Maverick 88 fits the bill. Hell, I owned a Keltec P3AT for years, put thousands of rounds through it with no issue (though if you're going to go this route, I do recommend the Keltec PF9 instead, simply due to the extra power of the 9mm VS that of the .380). I have no problem with cheap firearms, but I am also not going to sit by and fail to warn someone about a brand that I have had bad experience with simply because someone is going to call me a "hater" for doing so.

And no, a Hi-point is not better than a pointy stick if it fails to feed. Now, I will admit that I have heard better things regarding the Hi-point carbine VS what I have heard and experienced with Hi-point pistols. And truth be told, there was a time when Keltec was notorious for putting out worthless crap, so again, put the hater rhetoric away, if in the future I find that Hi-point firearms have become worthy of my respect, my opinion will change. This is about my experience and the advice that i'm willing to offer based on that experience. This is not about me being butthurt over Hi-point firearms. If you want to bet your life on it, go for it. However, for the price, I would choose something with a better track record
>>
Edward Chundleman - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 15:26:37 EST ID:YxuvijAy No.42641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42640
So what exactly is your experience with hi point?
What models and what time period.
It is my understanding they have improved over the years and will even replace any defective gun and throw in an extra mag for the inconvenience.

I do not own any and have never even shot one, sometimes it is hard to resist a 150 dollar handgun I could throw in boat and never have to give a fuck about because it's so cheap.
>>
pony !zomGDeAgLE - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 16:02:27 EST ID:JW6A/1ow No.42642 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1468612947524.jpg -(308156B / 300.93KB, 1024x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42632
>I super like the sub2k so op should get it
>stop telling op what to get based on what you like
:D :D :D
>Not everybody likes assembling their own weapons
Don't have much experience with ARs, huh? The only complex "assembly" needed with that build is attaching the forend. Since there's no gas tube, you really don't even need that. Take off another $65 if you can get over the naked barrel look. Everything else is drop in.

>So what exactly competes with the Keltec in terms of role and price?
Define the role. And for that matter, the price. Do you actually think OP can get one right now for $400?
>>
pony !zomGDeAgLE - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:13:48 EST ID:JW6A/1ow No.42643 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1468617228252.png -(121126B / 118.29KB, 1017x526) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42637
Past 8" barrel length or so, the increase in velocity in most factory defense loads approaches negligible. Data from Ballistics By The Inch.

IMO, the primary benefit of pistol caliber carbines in home defense is reduced blast and flash compared to pretty much any other kind of gun. I don't think that makes up for drastically less lethality than a full power long gun because I value my life more than my hearing. Of course, best to get an integrally suppressed rifle and enjoy the best of both worlds if that's an option.
>>
Henry Hudgedirk - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:57:21 EST ID:d2c3lETU No.42644 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42643
I have assembled many ARs, so your ad-hominum is out of place. Let me explain this to you, not everyone is the same person as you, understand? You and I are comfortable with assembling rifles for defense, but some people are not. They want what the factory and designers figured out for them. I understand it is incredibly easy and have even done it myself, many many times. But once again, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

The fact that you would suggest a semi auto rifle without handguard is fucking retarded, and lends to my assumption that you are trolling.

My suggestion was in the ballpark of OPs wants and needs, unlike yours. I also offered him several alternatives. Its not like he asked for a good defense shotgun and I pushed the sub 2k... which is basically the inverse of what you did.

There are several on gun broker for 450 right now, so call it 500 out the door. Saw 2 in my LGS for 380, Pennsylvania btw.
Still cheaper than your over 700 dollar half finished AR that you said was under 650... But wait it's over 700. And requires assembly, and is a franken gun of mix and match parts.You have to be trolling.

Role: home defense pistol caliber carbine, semi automatic in 9mm.

If you read the OP you would have picked up on that. He also said NO MORE THAN 600, MAXIMUM. For some reason, you cannot comprehend that, and I feel sorry for you.
You must be a gun store sales clerk, cause those are the only other people I've seen act this way when people ask for help finding a gun or deciding on what to buy.

Are you seriously suggesting an NFA item for defense purposes? They will have a field day with you in court, please do not ruin silencers for the rest of us.

Good data on the barrel length though, certainly can't argue with numbers. I use a 40 and 357sig for my pistol carbines, for the extra powder. Also, because you seem to be grasping at straws for any defense, here's a kicker. Handloading will allow you to exceed that graph for a pistol length carbine.

Let's not forget that less flash and blast means quicker follow up shots and less disorientation, which will increase your chance of survival. And 223 is retarded for indoor home defense, even with special ammo it's just fucking overkill
Not to mention the price to train is much more than 9mm. And OP has a 9mm already....

Why is it so hard to find someone with basic reading comprehension these days.
>>
Henry Hudgedirk - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 18:03:22 EST ID:d2c3lETU No.42645 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42643
So a 200 ftlbf difference between a pistol and rifle barrel is negligible? Since when? Most pistols are 4 inch barrels, most carbines are 16 or 18. I'll take the extra 200 ft lbf, and the reduced flash and noise, and the increased ergonomics - how is this really an arguement? Pistol carbines are fucking IDEAL for most home defense scenarios.

50 ft lbs can be the difference between a hollow point expanding or not.
>>
Henry Hudgedirk - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 18:06:34 EST ID:d2c3lETU No.42646 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42642
Previous posts aside, if OP did want an AR in the near future, I think your suggestion is sound.

WITH HANDGUARDS, anything else is just asking for a Negligent discharge.
>>
William Cadgelere - Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:33:26 EST ID:Q2EFwHsh No.42647 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42646
How would not having hand guards make you ND? Literally nothing about hand guards effects the operation of the gun.
>>
Nicholas Worthingfoot - Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:49:30 EST ID:d2c3lETU No.42648 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42647
by getting burned from the hot barrel. I'd imagine your hand/fingers get burned, more likely to jerk the gun. Barrels get hot.
>>
pony !zomGDeAgLE - Mon, 18 Jul 2016 06:28:03 EST ID:JW6A/1ow No.42649 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1468837683051.gif -(350142B / 341.94KB, 3558x836) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42648
You are now aware that repeating carbines have come without handguards for over 150 years. Rifle caliber barrels get real hot real quick, absolutely, but pistol caliber ones take significantly longer to just get warm. Handguards are obviously much better to have than not, but it isn't anything close to an ND waiting to happen to just do without. Seriously, if you're prone to magdumping and are absolutely terrified of burning your hand, you can just keep a freaking rag next to the gun.

>>42644
That NFA court argument scenario might happen in a really blue state like califailia or massivejewtits, but anywhere else will give prosecution a hard time if they try to say that using a legal tool in a legal situation is somehow more malicious than using a vanilla firearm.

It's bizarre that you then suggest using handloads, presumably in the same defensive situations, that not only void warranties but cause explosions and injuries on a regular basis. Your hypothetical prosecution will gleefully portray you as an unhinged psychopath assembling extra dangerous ammunition with the premeditated intent of causing maximum pain and suffering to anyone you encounter. Of course, that's assuming you don't get a failure to fire due to a primer not seated all the way. Or worse, you have a round with either no or double charge. Handloads for defense (or even serious trophy hunting, for that matter) actually is asking for trouble.

There's also the issue that squeezing performance out of 9mm from rifle barrels requires slow powders. Get much slower than blue dot, I think, in most straight blowbacks and you'll find the powder is still burning by the time the action opens up. I hear burning kernels flying out of the chamber directly into your face every shot kinda sucks. In that case, you're wasting powder since the typical bolt's weight doesn't keep the chamber shut long enough for a complete burn. But hey, in a totally modular rifle, like that one Eugene Stoner invented a while back, you can just swap to a heavier weight. Interchangeable weights are also useful if switching between suppressed and unsuppressed use.

>Price: call it 500 out the door
>Role: home defense pistol caliber carbine, semi automatic in 9mm.
Unless already in possession of a mechtech compatible pistol, no other carbine I know of meets those requirements. Including some other sub2000s. As you pointed out, glock mags are phenomenally popular. I've noticed the cheaper listings are for beretta compatible models. Maybe OP's AO has sweet deals like yours (btw I'm mad jelly), maybe not.
>>
pony !zomGDeAgLE - Mon, 18 Jul 2016 06:39:26 EST ID:JW6A/1ow No.42650 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1468838366393.jpg -(168820B / 164.86KB, 952x1275) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42645
>So a 200 ftlbf difference between a pistol and rifle barrel is negligible?
And to think this guy accused me of having poor reading comprehension.
>>
Sidney Pesslebury - Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:15:52 EST ID:Tr6l7UGW No.42651 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42649
Never shot a pistol caliber carbine in an AR platform, so go me there, I just assumed. But comparing the heating of a lever action and semi auto is a far, far stretch and you know it.

Stand by my NFA statement as well. You very clearly have never had the joy of an opposing lawyer work there black magic on a lawful citizen/defensive situation. It happens. Just like criminals sue and win for injuries sustained during break in and robberies. In states of both colors.

Hand loads do not cause injuries if you are responsible and known what you are doing and use the proper equipment.

Also, so how is 200 ft lbf negligible? You didn't adress my point, but yours was very clearly that a pistol caliber carbine has no ballistic advantages. The numbers show otherwise. Not to mention the ease of us advantages.

I stand behind everything else I said. Never said I use my hand loads, or a pistol carbine, for defense. I use a shotgun and a 9mm full size.
>>
Hannah Pittworth - Sun, 24 Jul 2016 00:10:23 EST ID:RBBTomce No.42681 Ignore Report Quick Reply
GUYS GUYS it's me OP. I know, I know static IP and all but it's me. To the person suggesting a shotgun in pace of the carbine, yes I do plan on getting a Benelli nova a couple paychecks down the line. Also I want the hi-point because contrary to their reputation as pistol manufacturers their 995TS is pretty solid, again as opposed to their pistols which look like the inside of a fucking mechanical pencil when stripped. Also the price is not bad AT ALL. Now to the person so get s MechTech carbine conversion kit trust me zineould so so so so that if zinowned a glock. My local gun shop has a new floor model 995TS and it's got a red dot scope too, only like $350-$370 I believe.
>>
Hannah Pittworth - Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:39:22 EST ID:RBBTomce No.42683 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42681
Holy shit the typos... Fuck autocorrect
>>
Hannah Pittworth - Sun, 24 Jul 2016 02:24:18 EST ID:RBBTomce No.42685 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Meant to say:
"To the person who suggested a MechTech conversion kit, I would so so so so bad if Ihad a glock."

I actually had a chance to shoot an AR and an SKS earlier this week. Wanting an AR now... SKS was nice too no problems considering that bitch is like 50-60 years old. Fucking floating pin scares me with those things.
>>
Yoshi - Thu, 24 Nov 2016 04:43:11 EST ID:qIJqHVh7 No.42889 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42616
One of the first guns I shot as a kid, can't say on reliability because it wasn't in my care but seemed accurate enough with federal ammo. So a plus there otherwise I've always steered clear of Hi-Point, but I did have a great experience with a 45. Hi-Point my boy had, don't know if it's an exception to the rule, I feel I may need to explore more.
>>
Priscilla Driddleway - Fri, 25 Nov 2016 12:43:52 EST ID:2WAZWn+v No.42891 Report Quick Reply
Aren't Hi Point supposed to be the shittiest guns?
>>
Ebenezer Fuckingwill - Fri, 25 Nov 2016 14:34:54 EST ID:1qqED6Hb No.42893 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42616>>42621
9mm will kill people just as dead as any other shitty pistol round that is common. HP's don't feed as well, don't penetrate as well and can have issues with not expanding. FMJ will feed in any gun worth a shit, will always cut through whatever you're shooting and will fuck up someone's day just as fast. Pistols suck for killing shit. Pistol rounds are to blame for that fact.

Mech Tech carbines are shit. There is also a ton of legal hooey if you care to follow the law.

Kel-Tec's are overpriced shit but the Sub 2k is one of the least atrocious designs out there. Still, they are designed with the sole purpose of never firing more than 2-4k rounds. Hence where the name comes from.

>>42623
Buy an AR then. You can get decent PSA rifles for 500-600 if you buy a rifle kit and a lower separate. AR's go together in 40 minutes if you know what you are doing. 1 hour or 2 if you've never done it before. It is also easy.

>>42628
There is no point in buying an AR carbine in 9mm unless you just want to waste money. You have a full sized rifle in a shitty pistol cartridge that wasn't supposed to be put in the design. AR 9mm's are shit, expensive (Way more than 600 dollars) and require expensive magazines. In addition, you give up a .223 for a fucking 9mm. So fucking stupid. Holy shit, pistol caliber carbines man. WTF?

>>42630
Yeah, let's cobble together a notoriously bad design with the cheapest parts ever, then spend 3-4x for decent magazines only to have a gun that is basically just a more expensive AR, all while in a shitty pistol caliber. Great fucking idea!

>>42633
If a pile of shit Mech Tech can make you shoot a million times better than your pistol at indoor distances, you need to learn to use your pistol. A pistol and rifle indoors are still going to be just as accurate as each other. The only differences are that you can't shoot your pistol because you never learned how, the rifle is going to DEAFEN YOU and finally, the rifle will kill someone about a 1/10th a second faster than the pistol if you can actually hit what you are aiming at. Of course, after firing 4 rifle rounds in a hallway in self defense, you can't hear anything that I'm typing ever again. Pistol rounds still suck coming out of rifle barrels. And finally, that taped on foam shit as a cheek weld always fails when you need it most. Just look up all those fools using those Sig Pistol braces in actual training classes. You shoulder it and it rotates and falls off. Real useful. Redneck gun mods are for airsoft and idiot hunters. Do shit right if you life depends on it.

>>42637
Handguns are only superior when someone is within punching distance of you. In a home defense situation, unless you have to rescue kids, you should stay camped where you are an call the cops rather than play Rambo the Room Clearer. A carbine shouldered and a pistol aimed with out stretched arms are about the same length. Kids are pretty much the only circumstance where you should go clear a room. Otherwise wait on the phone with 911 and when you see them, blast them.

>>42638
This isn't incorrect. Hi-Point pistols are reliable as far as I know but 10 rounds sucks and just buy a rifle unless you are broke as fuck. Spent money on something decent if it isn't some shit that doesn't matter.
>>
Ebenezer Fuckingwill - Fri, 25 Nov 2016 14:35:48 EST ID:1qqED6Hb No.42894 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42893>>42893

>>42641
I've used many Hi-Point 9mm pistols extensively. They feed everything, are very difficult to break and will rarely ever fail to not fire if a round is in the chamber. One of those big name Youtube types did about 5 video's trying to break a HiPoint. If you think HiPoint's aren't reliable, look up the torture tests on them. I remember one of the tests was jamming a bolt down the barrel and firing it and it didn't blow up. They are ugly, reliable and look like a plastic brick. Basically a glock but way cheaper with less capacity.

>>42642
>Someone who doesn't use their gun.
You'd burn the fuck out of your hand if you shot your rifle any. Handguards are there for a reason.

>>42643
Hearing isn't an issue if you keep earmuffs next to your rifle and again, sit in place and don't go full on tactifag.

>>42644
.223 isn't overkill indoors. .223 is more effective at killing someone. Especially an untrained fool that is using a handgun. I'd rather give the layman a rifle and some earmuffs and tell them to sit put instead of having someone with a pistol sit in position or worse yet, clear the room if they can't use that pistol. But firing any weapon indoors is insane. I mean it literally confuses you the first few times you do it. If you can, shoot your .22 from inside your house out a door or window or something. It is unreal. Then shoot a pistol or something in an actual closed off house where there is a roof unlike a shoot house. A rifle just blows you away. Again though, for most people, killing someone is going to be so intense already, the deafness and bleeding ears is just going to be another forest fire in hell.

>>42649
Wow you are one hell of a fucking idiot. Firstly, using a rag to hold your gun is about the dumbest fucking thing I've heard all week. Second, a 10/22 barrel after 50 rounds will burn your hand if you are shooting even moderately fast. Are you only allowed to shoot your guns at ranges that say 5 rounds per minute maximum? Also, lever actions without handguards is stupid. The Mossberg Chainsaw shotgun is stupid. Slide fire stocks are stupid. Are you suggesting that just because it is a product it makes sense? Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

>That NFA blah blah blah
You know what is a great idea for OP with 600 dollars? Buying a rifle that is already 600 dollars, spending a year waiting on an approval letter from the ATF to go spend 500 dollars on making a rifle integrally silenced so then if he ever wants to use it on somebody, it gets taken to a police locker for months and also if he ever crosses state lines, he has to get permission from the ATF all while maintaining an ATF approved locker for his home and car if he wished to transport it. GREAT FUCKING IDEA!

>It's bizarre that you then suggest using handloads, presumably in the same defensive situations, that not only void warranties but cause explosions and injuries on a regular basis. Your hypothetical prosecution will gleefully portray you as an unhinged psychopath assembling extra dangerous ammunition with the premeditated intent of causing maximum pain and suffering to anyone you encounter. Of course, that's assuming you don't get a failure to fire due to a primer not seated all the way. Or worse, you have a round with either no or double charge. Handloads for defense (or even serious trophy hunting, for that matter) actually is asking for trouble.
I almost wish I could show you how fucking retarded you are. The legal standing is the only potentially valid point. But realistically, if someone makes forced entry into your home and you shoot them from your bedroom after they kick the door in, you could shoot them with cum and kill them and be justified save for a few cherry picked cases you'll probably throw up. Reloaded ammo is nothing to be afraid of. You are just fucking stupid and think the only people reloading are incompetent buffoons. Modern reloading equipment is designed to prevent everything you've said. Explosions are not regular either. Fuck off idiot.

>There's also the issue that squeezing performance out of 9mm from rifle barrels requires slow powders. Get much slower than blue dot, I think, in most straight blowbacks and you'll find the powder is still burning by the time the action opens up. I hear burning kernels flying out of the chamber directly into your face every shot kinda sucks. In that case, you're wasting powder since the typical bolt's weight doesn't keep the chamber shut long enough for a complete burn. But hey, in a totally modular rifle, like that one Eugene Stoner invented a while back, you can just swap to a heavier weight. Interchangeable weights are also useful if switching between suppressed and unsuppressed use.
Or you could just use a rifle round in a rifle barrel? That works for everyone else who uses guns to shoot people. I've yet to see rifles or carbines chambered in pistol rounds used by any serious and actually armed occupations. Unless your dumbass immediately think sub machine guns qualify as a carbine/rifle in a pistol caliber.

>Maybe OP's AO has sweet deals like yours (btw I'm mad jelly), maybe not.
>AO

You really don't stop do you? Fucking tripfags.

>>42681
Avoid the Benelli Nova's. Their controls are retarded and they don't have near the reliability of 500's or 590's. Plus they cost way more. I bought one to be a gun hipster and sold it a few weeks later to buy a Mossberg 500A. Remington's are objectively inferior. I've pointed this out a million times and it seems to be sticking but replacing Extractors and Ejectors on a Remington 870 is nigh impossible for nearly everyone. In a Mossberg, it is a pin for the extractor. Of which the Mossberg has 2 unlike the Remington and the ejecter is a simple flat screw you can take out in 10 seconds. 500's shell lifter stays tucked up in the gun unlike the Remington and Benelli and you can easily unload the tube on a 500 unlike the other two. Thumb safety is ambi. Same with slide release unlike the weird as Remington design. The only bad things with the 500 is the tube/barrel are welded so no mag extensions and the 500's slide rattles some. The Nova is a massive step over the rusty shitbag that is an 870. Remington is a bad company now as I'm sure everyone now groupthinks. But their guns sucked LONG LONG before they were bought out.

Again, Hi-Point pistols are solid save for the .380 as I have no experience with them. Most people trash them because they just assume that 40 people on the web said they were shit so HUR HURR THEY MUST SUCK lol! I must reiterate that getting around circles that actually test shit is far more useful than a bunch of forum hacks who talk shit about everything. You know how long Glocks were known for being complete turds? It was 20+ fucking years because the internet hadn't existed and fudds went around talking about how shitty Glocks where knowing good and fucking well they'd never even touched one let alone tested it. Groupthink is a hell of a drug and the gun world is among the worst. Maybe car guys and guitarists are more full of shit but fucking hell, gun nuts are some of the worst. Everyone that shoots more than 1 mag a year is suddenly a gun pro level 9001. Not a personal attack on you, just saying. Hi-Points are very solid for their price. I'd take a Hi Point C9 over an XD or old Sigma.

Mech Tech carbine conversions are a waste and like most gun owners, you probably follow the law to the absolute letter and there is all kinds of shit regarding converting them back and forth. Not that anyone would know if you played it smart.
>>
Ebenezer Fuckingwill - Fri, 25 Nov 2016 14:36:16 EST ID:1qqED6Hb No.42895 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42894

>>42685
Then get an AR dude. It is way better than some shitty Kel Tec. AR's are cheaper than they will probably ever be right now and with Trump elected, gun owners are going to sit on their hands for 4 years. Mags, Guns, Ammo etc will be worth nothing. Buy now if you want shit. The bottom fell out earlier this year and it will stay that way for 2 years at least under a complete Red Government. Even if a gun ban is passed, most gun owners won't fight it or get up in a roar because Trump and the Red Congress is pushing it through. Be warned by the way, pretty much all gun control has passed under conditions similar to these because gun owners won't fight against Republicans. Only Democrats.

>>42889
>>42891
With so much ignorant hate on Hi-Point's I feel sufficiently motivated to find those torture test video's.

>To the haters, get educated. Dumbasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg&list=PL42916C505DA82E19

I hate coming to this fucking board. I hate guns and gun owners so fucking much because it is literal, NON STOP BULLSHIT AND IGNORANCE

ffs, my rage. I wonder how long this post ended up being.
>>
Jack Pillerpadge - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 05:18:32 EST ID:ZLKOKUhM No.42958 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42893
who told you sub 2000s are designed too only shoot2-4000 times that's retarded
>>
Frederick Weshspear - Sun, 08 Jan 2017 01:22:53 EST ID:U/A9KWmk No.42959 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42958
Kel-Tec's owner manuals states their weapons have a lifespan around 3k rounds. Do some research.
>>
Phoebe Grimdock - Sat, 14 Jan 2017 16:29:05 EST ID:d2c3lETU No.42969 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42959
Just looked through my Sub 2k owner manual and it has nothing like that.

Mind giving me a page number/link for reference?
I think you are full of shit.
>>
Martha Clayway - Sat, 14 Jan 2017 23:38:46 EST ID:iMvBdo/1 No.42971 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42969
Old owners manuals for Kel-Tec's contained a statement of 6k for their firearms and Grendel was 4k if I remember correctly. Their website used to contain a more robust FAQ section that also stated 6k rounds. Either way, expecting a Kel-Tec to stay fully operational more than 200 rounds is optimistic. Kel-Tec firearms are toys. They are fanciful designs made by a wide eyed machinist and are terribly far from reliable. I'm not saying they will blow up in your hand but they will jam at least 10% of the rounds they fire aside from maybe the Sub2k and the Su-16. Those are the ONLY Kel-Tec designs I've had less than 3 malfunctions to a magazine. Most are just cobbled together plastic turds that fire about 80% of the time. That is simply unacceptable for ANY firearm that isn't a toy range gun. A Kel-Tec will always have a major parts breakage in well over half of their firearms within 2-4k rounds. HOWEVER: That isn't to say you will ever come close to that. NOBODY shoots 10k rounds out any fucking gun anymore. Ignore all those faggots at the range and on forums saying they have 5k rounds out of their piece of shit P3AT. IT IS ALL LIES. Outside of .22lr and shotgun (due to competition) There are exactly 7 firearms I have shot more than 2.5k rounds out of. I shoot a FUCKLOAD. Or rather did at least; I'm out of that expensive shit now. 4 of those guns were milsurp and still had cheap milsurp ammo. These faggots saying they have shot 7k out of their AR, 5k out of their Glock, 4k out of their Kel-Tec are all so full of fucking horseshit it is insane.

>Kel-Tec's are shitty designs and are made very poorly. I really don't like throwing out credentials and either way, you'll have to take my worthless word for it but I know more than enough as to what makes a decent firearm. Kel-Tec doesn't make the cut. (If it makes you feel better, 4th Gen Glocks are pretty fucking retarded)

If the Owner's Manual tells you that your gun is good for 6k. Expect it to be good for maybe half of that. Reliable for a 1/4 of that. If it is a decent design. Most firearms conform to bullshit features rather than simple and pure reliability. Which is the number one factor. Most design guns to fit features and comfort rather than design the entirety around a solid working mechanism.
>>
Sidney Clongerdudge - Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:01:04 EST ID:LZeWOi+A No.42991 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42640
CALM THE FUCK DOWN WENDY!
>>
Phyllis Worthingworth - Sat, 11 Feb 2017 04:44:54 EST ID:XrtRHD/b No.43045 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Guys it's OP here, it's been a fucking while holy shit was I surprised when I got on this board and saw this thread first page. Well I needed up getting a glock 19 with some talon grips and some Korean 31rnd mag. Shit's nice and I will eventually be buying a mossberg 500 too. I edc and m&p shield 9 with hornady critical defense and in the glock I run the critical duty.
>>
Albert Blavingwill - Sun, 08 Apr 2018 18:09:54 EST ID:pdO9rnW2 No.43577 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42618
>cant really beat a pistol and a carbine for 500 total
At this point, Hi-Point carbines with accessory kits can be had for around $225. I got the 995TS in 9mm with the front grip and "tactical" flashlight options for that price, then I spent around $380 on a really solid 9mm pistol, the Stoeger Cougar 8000F (essentially the same as the Beretta Cougar, but built by a Turkish subsidiary of that company), and bam. A sweet home defense (and plinking fun) combo for just a hair over 500 bucks. Was beyond worth it.
>>
Nathaniel Fonderwog - Mon, 09 Apr 2018 05:55:35 EST ID:Rj/v++Rd No.43580 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42971
What’s your fucking problem with gen 4

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.