420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Babbys first handgun (ammo question) by Fuck Nigglefon - Sun, 04 Feb 2018 20:21:54 EST ID:TY6+hQ14 No.43493 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1517793714449.jpg -(175869B / 171.75KB, 688x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 175869
I purchased my first handgun. A Glock 9mm and I gotta go pick it up this week. I need to buy some ammo while I'm there but as I have no experience with handguns (only used shotguns for hunting as a kid) all the different ammo types are a bit confusing to me and don't know what to buy.

I live in South Dakota and the gun is straight up for self defense so im looking for ammunition with the maximum amount of penetration I can get. What kind of ammo should I ask for if I'm looking for something more in the armor piercing category?
Cedric Fanfield - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 03:15:36 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43494 Ignore Report Quick Reply
not penetration. penetration gets you a lawsuit and you have to worry about hitting something with the bullet when it goes through the target.

Get hollowpoints - hornady, speer gold dot, winchester ranger, shit like that

armor piercing handgun ammo is not legal in the USA.

why tf do you want armor piercing
Fuck Nigglefon - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 16:28:53 EST ID:TY6+hQ14 No.43495 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah I was thinking of picking up a couple boxes of hollows too. I wasn't sure what ammo is and isn't available around here I wanted to ask beforehand cause it's better to look like an idiot here rather than in the gun shop I'd figure. Not being white I'm paranoid enough walking into one....

I'm a plead the 5th on that last one
Cedric Fanfield - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 18:33:19 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43496 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Armor piercing handgun ammo is illegal, although you can get handguns that shoot ammunition (that is legal to get) that can pierce armor, think tokarevs in the 7.62 cartridge
Walter Hebbledock - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 20:50:13 EST ID:TY6+hQ14 No.43497 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Good to know. Thank you.

So anyways I decided to go with the 19x. Was that a good purchase? I don't know much about handguns but I'm a lefty, my hands are really small (like woman small), and I liked the idea of not having to remember a safety. I was thinking about getting a CZ P-01 with a decocker but the closest dealer was a three hour drive. I didn't read many bad things about the specs just that it wasn't quite as "military grade" as Glock was claiming.

When I was reading the specs I didn't see any mention of a threaded barrel. I take it that's probably not standard in their guns? A lot of the gun stores around here have their own machine shops for silencers. Can they modify the barrel or do you have to buy a replacement barrel and swap them out? A silencer would look cool at the very least
Shit Chasslestone - Tue, 06 Feb 2018 02:26:45 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43498 Ignore Report Quick Reply
you need a new barrel because the threads have to stick out beyond the slide to have any real estate for something to screw onto it
Fucking Fogglesedge - Wed, 07 Feb 2018 00:53:25 EST ID:hR8qAAf8 No.43499 Ignore Report Quick Reply
suppressors/silencers aren't all that useful in terms of self defense for obvious reasons. Big print, hard to draw, blah blah blah. But that's obvious.

I don't see why you'd need a suppressor unless you were doing stuff like shooting livestock on a farm without disturbing your neighbors. Or generally protecting your hearing. So I guess I don't see why you'd want to spend money on one unless you shoot a lot without earplugs or in your back yard? idk.

Regardless enjoy your exceedingly long wait time for that.

Regardless I'm an idiot on the internet.
Martin Bosslewill - Wed, 07 Feb 2018 01:29:19 EST ID:RqygNRk0 No.43500 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I was mostly just curious how the process for fitting a gun for silencers worked because I figured it probably wasn't suppressor compatible out of the box. Anyways I don't really like the idea of putting an extended barrel on this gun. If I buy another one in the future I suppose I might consider some modifications like that. Gotta go pick it up tomorrow anyways.

>Regardless I'm an idiot on the internet
You know more than me obviously
Emma Pullerwell - Thu, 08 Feb 2018 14:41:49 EST ID:RqygNRk0 No.43501 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So my last question is does anyone know of a guide or something for just the basics of maintaining a gun like cleaning and stupid shit not to do with a gun etc.?
Rebecca Brookwell - Thu, 08 Feb 2018 15:38:37 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43502 Ignore Report Quick Reply
There is some good information in the manual that came with your gun. You can go onto youtube and look up how to clean a glock, they are some of the easiest handguns to clean. They are also pretty durable so you shouldn't have any issues. Not all guns are that way however.

If you are planning on carrying it I'd recommend taking a concealed carry class or seeking out information about the legal carry of firearms in your state because there is a lot of shit that can fuck you in the ass if you don't know about it and get caught with a gun.
Ernest Tootgold - Thu, 08 Feb 2018 17:10:15 EST ID:Ym13wj4S No.43503 Ignore Report Quick Reply

youtube will never be superior to an experienced human being teaching you in person. sign up for a local gun safety class.
Lillian Nendlelock - Wed, 14 Feb 2018 07:30:55 EST ID:ve1GR79n No.43509 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Sure it does. No one wants to sit with a bunch of smelly neckbeards.

Just watch YouTube. Fuck that class.

Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.