420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Guns or No guns that is the debate by Isabella Wullyshaw - Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:00:10 EST ID:CKhvuH/Z No.43517 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1519117210080.jpg -(50755B / 49.57KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 50755
Maybe this belongs on /pol/ aka /WorldNews/ but what’s everyone here think about this recent ovepush for changes in gun reform over the Florida shooting and shit?
Cyril Hungerman - Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:51:54 EST ID:mKYQVHIw No.43518 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The part of me that's attached to my wallet really wants them to bring back the assault weapons ban.

It means that my no-name AR-15 goes overnight from being worth $600 to being worth $3,000, and all my full capacity magazines are now worth 10 times what I paid for them.
Polly Hudgepet - Tue, 20 Feb 2018 15:07:56 EST ID:CU0hBX/y No.43519 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's the same every time. Little will get done but plenty of noise asking for less freedom.

The terrorist digest recommended using trucks and vans as lethal weapons. Are you going to ban deadly automotive vehicles too?
Ernest Cozzlelork - Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:13:18 EST ID:8llFUYsd No.43520 Ignore Report Quick Reply
well after australia had their first school shooting they banned handguns for civilians and guess what they never had one again. why can't we do something similar
Priscilla Blythehood - Tue, 20 Feb 2018 19:24:19 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43521 Ignore Report Quick Reply
they have no land borders
they banned semi auto rifles, and only had like 8 to 20 million guns that were targeted. They didnt get most of them back
They dont have 300 million guns for fucks sake

What about brazil's failed gun laws? There is pretty much no way to legally use a legal handgun in defense of your person unless you're ultra rich. Puerto Rico has some serious gun issues as well with more strict rules.

I really dont want the government to be the only ones with ar-15s

This shit didn't happen in the early 20th century and people could buy machineguns back then
Henry Smallshaw - Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:36:23 EST ID:W9aa6K9G No.43522 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Only way you'd be able to do it is a gun buyback. Gun buybacks are usually insulting affairs where they offer you 100 bucks for your $1000+ handgun and consider that to be a fair trade.

The only people I know who willingly participate in gun buybacks are people with broken or defective guns who are using them to offload guns that are otherwise completely worthless. You're not gonna be able to get someone to trade in their tens of thousands of dollars worth of firearms for the equivalent of a gift certificate to applebee's.
Polly Beshshaw - Wed, 21 Feb 2018 00:33:01 EST ID:CKhvuH/Z No.43523 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519191181952.jpg -(904309B / 883.11KB, 1242x926) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
> This shit didn't happen in the early 20th century and people could buy machineguns back then
Yeah and back then people had fuckin tommy guns and shit, too. the fact someone above in this thread actually fuckin asked “why cant WE do something like fuckin Australia and take away everyone’s handguns? Lets disarm ourselves completely! I mean, what with all the militarized Police State and purposefully caused riots giving reason for govt to inact Marshal law, Not to mention Project JadeHelm 15, why NOT disarm ourselves for our own “””protection””” amirite?
Priscilla Blythehood - Wed, 21 Feb 2018 01:36:35 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43524 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Even if you bring up the argument, hurr those guns were too expensive for people to buy! We still had lever action rifles in pistol calibers that could hold 10 or 12 rounds and were very effective in close range.

This is a societal problem not a gun problem. Gun ownership has gone down, these shooting sprees have gone up, something changed. Not only that, gun murders and violent crime in general has gone down as well. These shootings account for an extremely small amount of gun deaths. No one pays attention to the other 9000 people that die mostly from gang violence.

The US government is the corporate friend, not ours. What about shit like what happens in South Africa where miners on strike are gunned down for slowing down profits?
Archie Bebbledale - Wed, 21 Feb 2018 23:59:55 EST ID:5Zl1pPxM No.43525 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'd love some statistics to back up these points.
Ian Blicklehit - Thu, 22 Feb 2018 01:30:46 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43526 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Phoebe Honeybanks - Thu, 22 Feb 2018 19:14:51 EST ID:CKhvuH/Z No.43527 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519344891656.jpg -(1208075B / 1.15MB, 1232x1237) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
As firearms enthusiasts it is time we concede some points:

>There should be a mandatory training for new firearms ownership. Most people take a drivers ed course and you need a hunter safety course to hunt. I would like to see something similar with money generated going into public education or conservation.

> We should have tiered ownership program. In much the same way you wouldn’t want a new driver out in Dodge Viper you shouldn’t allow a new/young owner with high power high capacity firearms. I would like to see new owners sponsored by existing owners preferably a parent or guardian. I would like for someone to demonstrate safe ownership and handling with a bolt action .22 or a .410 over a period time before they could own semi-automatic pistol or a high power rifle.

Small steps promote big change.
Walter Lightford - Thu, 22 Feb 2018 22:18:59 EST ID:Eccoktn3 No.43528 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Gun ownership has gone down

How exactly is gun ownership calculated? Is it "everyone with a legal firearm" or "everyone with a firearm"?

If the was a big uptick in illegal or grey market firearms, would that register in gun ownership rates?
Priscilla Drorringhut - Fri, 23 Feb 2018 04:20:12 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43529 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Its how many people are owners of firearms, the percentage of the population that owns firearms has gone down but the numbers of firearms has gone up because those who own guns own more guns.
Martha Crusslebury - Fri, 23 Feb 2018 11:42:03 EST ID:mKYQVHIw No.43530 Ignore Report Quick Reply

>mandatory training for new firearms ownership

Oh great, another DMV-like government agency where you're given a watered-down test by completely disinterested government employees. Pass.

>tiered ownership program

We can't even get the government to properly administrate NICS as it stands now ... and you're saying then you want them to attempt to administrate an even more complicated system? "People are falling through the cracks in the current system ... so lets make a system with even more and larger cracks!"
William Senderwater - Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:17:23 EST ID:8llFUYsd No.43531 Ignore Report Quick Reply

got any ideas, or...?
Martha Crusslebury - Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:34:17 EST ID:mKYQVHIw No.43532 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Idk. I consider guns to be like having gold bullion in my house ... I have them, but I'll never tell anyone exactly how many I have or what kinds I have. All it does is make me a target for some overzealous gun-ban crusader who wants to gun-shame me, or a thief who wants to steal them.

We could probably start by taking a good hard look at our schools, and figure out why the culture within them has gotten so bad to the point where certain kids are bullied until they absolutely snap, and then they come back and essentially execute a fatwah against their tormentors.

That's kinda fucked up that the culture within our schools are pushing certain kids to the point where they consider a murder-suicide attack as a rational retaliation for their grievances.

Of course that would take actual work and would require placing at least some of the blame on our precious, beautiful children. Gun culture is way easier to blame I guess. It's much less mental work to blame a school shooting on a bunch of ugly rednecks who had nothing to do with it except owning a certain kind of rifle by pure coincidence.

No amount of gun reform or gun owner retraining is gonna fix a problem that has nothing at all to do with guns. It's not sexy to blame the brutal clique culture left totally unchecked through 25 years of public school administrative policy of apathy that just let these toxic cultures fester and grow out of control, amplified especially by school policy on social media usage that basically amounted to "put our fingers in our ears and just pretend that it doesn't even exist so we should do absolutely nothing"
Priscilla Drorringhut - Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:22:48 EST ID:maHgC2dI No.43533 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah I think the problem is the fact we have these kids that want to go on murder sprees. The existence and availability of guns isn't going to change the fact that these kids want to wipe out their classmates.

Forgot to add, its legal firearms I believe.
Beatrice Facklefire - Fri, 23 Feb 2018 20:13:06 EST ID:W9aa6K9G No.43534 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519434786868.jpg -(20701B / 20.22KB, 279x293) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

>The existence and availability of guns isn't going to change the fact that these kids want to wipe out their classmates.

Facts conveniently forgotten: columbine was done right in the middle of the u.s. assault weapon ban. A pre-ban AR-15 in 1999 cost over $3,500 ... in 1999 money. And also their original plan included detonating cylinders of propane in the cafeteria in the hopes that it would cause the building structure to fail so the school would collapse and kill even more people.

....so they were in a school where people egged them on to the point where they actually tried to literally kill everyone.

American schools are really fucked up on the inside, and the media is basically using guns and videogames to completely sidestep the root problem of school shootings. .....again.
Hugh Honnerfoot - Thu, 01 Mar 2018 03:01:34 EST ID:aTenFhEB No.43535 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519891294631.jpg -(33478B / 32.69KB, 480x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Looks like Dicks Sporting Goods & Walmart are done selling AR-15s and toy guns or nerf guns now. Despite any local laws they also will not be selling anybody under 21 any kind of gun, and have removed any “”assault-style”” rifles and magazines from their shelves.
Albert Clinnerfoot - Thu, 01 Mar 2018 12:27:22 EST ID:mKYQVHIw No.43536 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Yes, because when I think "I'm going to buy a good quality gun at a fair and reasonable price" I definitely think of "dick's sporting goods" rofl

I didn't think dick's even sold any other kinds of guns other than turkish knockoffs of S&Ws, and cereberus group-era remington 700s that immediately rust over if you breathe in their direction.
Wesley Fanhall - Thu, 01 Mar 2018 20:39:30 EST ID:eWybXmsC No.43537 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I figured the same
Apparently Dick’s is where the shooter got his gat
Also somehow fucking Walmart and Dick’s are americas top gun shops

America more stupid than ever it seems
Polly Chullyford - Thu, 01 Mar 2018 23:46:45 EST ID:W9aa6K9G No.43538 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519966005982.jpg -(16283B / 15.90KB, 320x283) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

They're only america's "top gun shops" if you're counting by volume ... so basically by statistical default.

The gun market is fragmented among thousands and thousands of local FFLs that each only have a tiny portfolio of clients. FFL dealers are like hairdressers. There's thousands of them that really only service a handful of local clients.

If you're only counting by volume, you could say that like Supercuts is america's top hair cutting place. But it doesn't at all mean it's the best. All it means is that they just managed to suck up the absolute bottom of the market ... all the unsophisticated buyers who have no idea what they're doing.

Fairly useless statistic but hey man when the MSM talks anything at all about guns it's just word vomit idiot salad that just comes spewing out.

this lol the only ARs I've ever seen for sale in a dick's was a dogshit-tier bushmaster that they wanted FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR! Like ahahaha what are there actually people out there stupid enough that can be convinced into dropping 1500 on a fucking bushmaster? I commend dick's for deciding not to keep duping the uneducated into paying through the nose for a piece of remington hot garbage.

Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.