420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
AR-15 question by Nell Greenville - Tue, 08 May 2018 21:19:07 EST ID:EQjzHN+Z No.43614 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1525828747143.png -(543050B / 530.32KB, 540x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 543050
Is it legal to sell an ar-15 you assembled yourself privately.

I live in SC so I should ask: where the fuck do I look this up?

420chan is a more intelligent website than most so I'm looking for differing opinions and/or a way to look up the legality.

pic to get people to notice
>>
Jarvis Brookbury - Tue, 08 May 2018 21:30:00 EST ID:BBbZD5MF No.43615 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43614
Yes... but double check state law... as long as its not a sbr or an automatic etc. etc. private sale is legal!! Im not real sure about SC law and am not your personal army yadda yada... REMEMBER owning Firearms(tranfering/selling) them is a RIGHT guaranteed in the Constitution it is not a privilege presided over by the government!
>>
Nell Greenville - Tue, 08 May 2018 21:50:43 EST ID:EQjzHN+Z No.43616 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43615
I'm more concerned over the ATF making an example out of an idiot who can't afford a lawyer me over a private sale than what "rights" I have.

I just want to get some money back. I thought I was going to keep it, I had no intent of selling it, I just like(d) it.
>>
Nell Greenville - Tue, 08 May 2018 21:52:03 EST ID:EQjzHN+Z No.43617 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43615
My bad I should have specified more about the ATF/federal regulations not the south carolina thing.
>>
Jarvis Brookbury - Tue, 08 May 2018 22:05:51 EST ID:BBbZD5MF No.43618 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43617
Like i said...as long as its not a SBR(short barreled rifle), or an automatic the atf will not give a flying fuck... The only way you could get yourself in trouble assuming your rifle is within legal civilian specs is to be dumb enough to sell to a felon....
>>
Jarvis Brookbury - Tue, 08 May 2018 22:08:00 EST ID:BBbZD5MF No.43619 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43614
PS...Lurk for a while...maybe post ina few threads this board is DEAD ASF and i would love some more "Neckbeards" to talk shop with!
>>
Jarvis Brookbury - Tue, 08 May 2018 22:25:29 EST ID:BBbZD5MF No.43620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43614
P.S Your state is home to Palmetto state Armory.... be thankful
>>
Graham Buzzwater - Thu, 10 May 2018 12:49:04 EST ID:i6zV/W2d No.43621 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43620
Lol I understand that people like palmetto state armory. However I never feel comfortable there. The staff members are unnerving and not helpful. Other local stores are far superior.

As a relative gun noob I much prefer to go to a place judgment free where I'm not watched like a hawk.

Regardless I just feel like I wanted an AR 15 more cause it was cool and fun. But whatever it is my right in this state at least. I get noided out easily. I'm just worried the ATF will come a knocking if I sell it.

Don't call yerself a neckbeard. Gun ownership is loved by all. Also, I shave my neck.
>>
Polly Blinderhutch - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:33:09 EST ID:BBbZD5MF No.43625 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43621
Use the website if you are a Beta trying to drop his alpha nuts....Some of their "Daily Deals" are impossible to beat especially if your building a Ar from the ground up.... If you have the money/time and can wait a month or two and check the "Daily Deals" daily you could possibly put together a decent quality rifle for under $400... But honestly if you approach it with a completely open mind, a willingness to learn, and relatively thick skin you will find majority of the shooting community will be happy to educate you or share their knowledge on a subject as long as you have a respect for them and firearms in general!
>>
Polly Blinderhutch - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:37:53 EST ID:BBbZD5MF No.43626 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43621
I can only dream about having a brick and mortar location near me way up here in Ohio... Ordering Online and picking up in store is the route you should go... But i honestly believe (because they are getting paid too more then anything) The employees just "Look" scary to you, as 90% if the Gun community is very welcoming once we know your not one of the infected "Liberals" as they call themselves lol...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.