420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Shooting for the first time by Phineas Gogglehall - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:35:41 EST ID:HwXAMd+P No.575313 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1489512941879.jpg -(5881B / 5.74KB, 190x266) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 5881
So i am no noob to opiates but recently I have been kicking around the idea of shooting up. I have watched my brother do prep on dope and I have a solid connection for now. There is a slight problem of getting spikes. I never bought them before and I'm not sure what to ask for. I could probably get one from my dealer but that isn't the biggest problem. Should I even do it? I snort a bag or 2 right now and feel great. Right now I don't have a lot of money but enough to keep me in booze and pizza regularly. I only do dope 2 days at a time with at least 3 days inbetween sessions. for example I snorted three bags over a 6 hour period and woke up feeling glorious with another bag to spare. I don't want to lose that but I also want the "rush" I hear people talk about. Idk

> should I shoot up
> what do I ask the pharmacist for? (gauge or whatever)
>FYI I'm a big guy with no real easy to hit viens except on my hands. What are the best places to shoot?
> Thanks /opi/
>>
Augustus Fopperkure - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:30:28 EST ID:f22+CPln No.575315 Ignore Report Quick Reply
IMO you don't have a super high tolerance and your not physically addicted yet so DONT DO IT.
I gaurantee you will have less self control once you shoot up. You'll start doing it more and more frequently and will be hooked in no time.
I wasn't physically addicted and was mostly using subs I was using about 3 days on 2 of etc and gradually more frequently I decided to try IV subs immediately my gf broke up with me so I decided to continue IVing and I went headlong in like banging every damn day. Once you feel the effect of the needle (I won't say rush bc I started with subs which don't really have a rush but it's def a different and very intense feeling) once you feel that effect it's hard to find a reason not to use. It's such an intense amazing feeling that your brain will honestly start to believe it's much more important than basic things like eating and sleeping lol. Now if you didn't have an addictive personality and had successfully expiremented with many drugs for a long time without consequences I would say sure try it out once or twice. But in your case it's not a great idea.
Btw the ex who left me when I shot we reconnected and I convinced her to shoot up (fucking scumbag aren't I?) Anyway she always had ten times the control as me never liked opiates as much as me she preferred benzos and even those she had more control than me with so I knew she wouldn't get hooked on the needle. The first time was Molly/sass but she eventually banged Subutex and Dope she never got hooked on anything but she also never tried to hit herself I always did it.
>>
ylhcsd - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:35:28 EST ID:Ijm4/o+G No.575316 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>I don't want to lose that but I also want the "rush" I hear people talk about

If it's a rush you're after, try smoking it first. It's not comparable, obviously, but it's quicker in its onset than IV and it might satiate your urge. Ideally you want to keep mainlining as far in to your drug career as possible, if at all.

You don't have anything to lose taking the slow route vs the express train, go slow, see the sights, you've got the rest of your life, ya feel?
>>
Sophie Mocklegold - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:59:41 EST ID:pARULwDs No.575317 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489525181555.jpg -(100339B / 97.99KB, 400x621) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Read the 'Getting Off Right' manual.

There's a pretty easy to find PDF online.
>>
Beatrice Bandersot - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 19:44:35 EST ID:Rifi3l3o No.575325 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489535075239.jpg -(258542B / 252.48KB, 864x864) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I don't recommend it, OP. But hey, I prefer legs to rush so there's that.

>>575317
> Read the 'Getting Off Right' manual.

A good start, and this was my starting point, but it's missing some necessary details.

I read it twice and looked at a few websites and was ready to go. I'm sure I got it in my vein, but I couldn't figure out how to hold it steady AND pull back the plunger to check for blood. I flipped out with the needle in, and just gave up and took it out. It turns out there is a very specific way you have to hold the needle, with each finger at a certain spot.

That said, if you really want to know, these are the syringes you want:

> 27 to 30G
  • G is for guage, aka the width of the needle. Bigger guage number = thinner needle, so 32G is the thinnest and hurts the least and is least likely to leave a mark. However, street heroin may have miniscule "chunks" in it even after you prep it, so the really thin needles may clog, and that would suck.

> 8mm (5/16") or 12.7mm (1/2") needle length.
  • You'll probably only be able to find the 8mms in stores though. These are the two longest common needle lengths. Shorter ones are designed for insulin - which you shoot into your fat - and they can make it hard to get to a vein at a safe angle of attack.

> 1mL ("100 unit") barrel capacity.
  • These are the barrels you can find in stores that hold the most liquid in them, you don't want to get small barrels and have to take several shots just to get the dose you need - again, these are designed with insulin in mind and a little insulin goes a long way.

http://www.bd.com/us/diabetes/page.aspx?cat=7001&id=7253

Never, ever, ever reuse a needle. I'm pretty sure you can buy them online so you can get as many as you need. It just so happens that there are no needle laws in my state and I can buy 100ct boxes for $14 all day with no ID. If this isn't the case in your state, don't start reusing them - buy them online. Also, you can get bigger barrels than 1mL online if you need big doses.

Again, I don't recommend it. It really is a big leap in many ways that can't be forgotten.
>>
Edwin Worthingway - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:26:48 EST ID:HwXAMd+P No.575328 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP here

Thanks guys I sticking to sniffing for now. One day I will shoot but not in the near future. Everyone I have talked to has told me the same thing. I'm nodding on 2 1/2 bags. it was awesome.
>>
nz !!vVWR8L52 - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:09:38 EST ID:JvUiiflM No.575332 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575317
I find shooting is like something you have to be shown. It's not something you can just like read and do. Well you can but you'll pick up bad habits, which will go uncorrected making it harder to fix down the track. That's the trouble with this generation of tor market heroin users who's first time getting gear was online and shoot and use alone. There's quite a few problems with it compared with scoring on the street and using with friends. There are some benefits to scoring online sometimes. Like if you're in a country where there's already heroin and you're buying domestically. Then it's rather risk free. But that doesn't really counterbalance the risks of using alone and shit imo.

Plus all the bullshit claims about pure gear get under my skin. FrankMatthews off the original SR when he first started ( he was one of the top H and coke vendors) picked ten people to send samples to free in order to boost his rep. I was one of them. It was great gear. Lovely #4. Real strong shit too. I liked it so much I brought a gram of coke and a gram of H off him right away. Guess what? The gram was totally unlike the sample I got. It was night and day. I'd estimate the sample as being like maybe 40 or 50%. The gram had to be like 5% - I base this on how much I needed to do. NB
>>
Vehk !7HYGxe5v5c - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:50:36 EST ID:bvn43anT No.575337 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489546236675.jpg -(1164517B / 1.11MB, 1006x1363) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>575332
> I find shooting is like something you have to be shown. It's not something you can just like read and do. Well you can but you'll pick up bad habits, which will go uncorrected making it harder to fix down the track.

My first time shooting up was with a long-time user (now deceased), who had been in a heroin scene abroad and had seen shooting up many times, but usually had someone else do it for him.

However, because of reading getting off right and a lot of other literature, I ended up correcting aspects of his technique even though I had profound difficulty finding veins initially. Eventually, I ended up doing him most of the time.

It is a thing of trial and error, and even if you have someone experienced to show you and direct you, unless they have had formal medical training there is still a possibility of error in their method - the only thing they can deliver is an intuitive knowledge of how to find veins.

Even in spite of my medical studies and a good knowledge of the vasculature of the arm, I still had difficulty "feeling" when to stop pushing the needle when it was in vein in order to draw - the sensation of being "in" comes from a very acute sense of the pressure the needle is encountering as it travels, and I staunchly believe this is something which simply cannot be taught and has to be done.
>>
Shitting Cronderwater - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 03:38:21 EST ID:7h+lqDKY No.575343 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575332
you just dont like online because your not addressing the huge % of people who buy on the street & shoot alone
like me

also I shot online bought stuff on my own first after research & it was fine

by the time someone jabbed me so I could see I got all the safety things & was able to register & inject already. Wasent even that many injections considering the space between them
>>
RxAnne - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 02:35:30 EST ID:Gnj0guRX No.575372 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575328
I agree with the guy saying you should be shown. Also, honestly do your best to not get into shooting as long as possible. You run out of places to shoot and IIRC it's more addicting?
>>
Hannah Sobberbury - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:12:44 EST ID:KrnCFGfK No.575523 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575332
That's not true at all man. I taught myself how to IV and have never had any missed shots or any kind of complications from doing so. It's pretty fuckin straightforward how you're supposed to administer an injection and there are plenty of resources that will tell you the basics of doing so.
>>
Martin Brenkinstug - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 17:11:38 EST ID:xFzc/Lq3 No.575525 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hello and good luck

A few pointers: the only rush should be the one you feel after pulling out the now empty rig...

Fishing around with used rigs is how you get all tracked up. New shot new needle. Period.

Choose a safe time and place. That bathroom stall is great and that one toilet locking bathroom is tops. Just dont linger. Shoot and move fam. Ditch the old rig.

When a fellow iv user warns you of strength, it very well could be a hustle if theyre supplying or your middleman. It could also be the warning that saves your life. Always doing test shots with new dope so you know, you can always do more. The opposite is tragically untrue.

Heres a really random one: drink plenty of water. This will make veins less of a challenge.

Tie it, slap it, flex and release. And learn to be steady.

A final warning: 500 shots can go perfect and one stupid mistake is going to be a real pain. In the words of poor richard, an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure
>>
Phyllis Nickleworth - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:14:50 EST ID:iLT0Kb2o No.575551 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490019290738.jpg -(2467120B / 2.35MB, 4584x3016) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
i taught myself after someone missed two shots in my arm and now i have scars because of it. I noticed after taking the initiative and learning myself, I have never missed because I learned how to actually do it correctly, instead of listening to some ego inflated junkie tell me how its 'spose to be
>>
Simon Brendlechore - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:48:40 EST ID:oaWRMjn3 No.575563 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575551

Wow bro I bet you're like really smart, how did you do it? Was it scary?
>>
Fuck Cleffingworth - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:56:13 EST ID:qvwUq5Mr No.575592 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575328
Good choice. Don't shoot up. It'll make dope go from a fun thing to a bad thing. I've always snorted it. Keep on tootin' OP.
>>
br4ce - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:24:04 EST ID:t4c31Idi No.575608 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490138644226.jpg -(808198B / 789.26KB, 1580x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>575563
My intelligence is irrelevant. I bought a fresh pack of needles, cleaned the area of injection, very slowly moved the needle forward until I felt a second sensation that indicated I broke through the wall of the vein, pulled back upon the plunger and struck crimson gold. The act of doing it myself also lessened the unpleasant situations, personally. I know my last post probably came off a little stuck up, but the amount of users I have met that are exceptionally hard headed regarding the absolute divine nature of their opinion is just repulsive. If someone has a better way of doing something or knows more about a given subject then I want to follow their lead instead of continuing the bliss enshrouded by my ignorance's technique.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.