420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Honeymoon Phase by what !!QJGTUbuf - Fri, 14 Apr 2017 21:37:41 EST ID:3qNK86pI No.576753 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1492220261836.jpg -(1942155B / 1.85MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1942155
well... I've been trying to quit for ages. I just found a guy with subs. I'm gonna try to quit for real. I know I don't really talk to many of you, but you help a junkie loser feel a lot less lonely, you know? It's been fun. I'm sure I'll be back, but hopefully when I'm clean. :)
>>
Bawlzdeepnoddin - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 16:07:47 EST ID:xcq/IMvP No.576852 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My best advice is once you're clean, don't ever come back to a forum like this in early recovery. This website is full of temptations to an addict, especially /opi/

I just relapsed back on to prescription opiates after being clean from literally everything including alcohol for 8 and 1/2 months, so that's why I'm back. It feels so good though.
>>
Nell Lightwill - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 21:44:02 EST ID:2nAuQP5k No.576863 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>576753
5-7 day tapers are most affective for detox so you will only need like 3 or 4 8mg subs
>>
Priscilla Nonnerford - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 09:09:59 EST ID:k60BOOUh No.576874 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>576852
The whole model of relapse and recovery is flawed.. its literally addict thinking.. ie black or white, all or nothing.

Your mental state is ever changing like water.. its dynamic, and it changes through progression. Even the old dogmas from AA talk about how you are relapsing even before you actually pick up.
>>
what !!QJGTUbuf - Thu, 27 Apr 2017 02:42:41 EST ID:yxd1RP00 No.577447 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>576753

So... I'm a little over a week clean. I'm not gonna pop back in here for a while, but I figured I'd give you guys an update. Stay safe, have fun. :)
>>
Esther Blammleway - Thu, 27 Apr 2017 02:56:06 EST ID:w8L5F8Tw No.577448 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1493276166658.gif -(3928283B / 3.75MB, 420x420) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>577447
good for you, hope you find a niche
>>
what !!QJGTUbuf - Fri, 19 May 2017 09:16:13 EST ID:gI32iVtA No.578677 Ignore Report Quick Reply
nobody in my day to day life other than my junkie friends knows that I was even using, and circlejerk is fuckin' stupid... so I thought I'd say hey since it's been a minute.

I've been clean from heroin for a month now. I had one slip up about a week ago, but even after smoking, I just... didn't want more. I guess I got tired of being broke and sick all the time, and not having any idea how I fell asleep in some weird position.
I did a quick taper with 2 subutex pills, after waiting absolutely as long as I could hold out during my w/ds. Took a half, another half the next day, then a quarter the day after that, another quarter, and so on till I was out. I don't know how long I can stay away, but for the moment, I'm starting to put things back together. Like, I've been a functional user, I've paid my bills first and used after, but this is still the longest I've been sober for two years. About 7 years ago, I fucked with fentanyl, and then had 4ish years sober, and found heroin when I was dealing with some suicidal thoughts.
I guess, in a way, it's good that I found it, but at the same time, I feel like I've just paused my whole life. In the past two years, I haven't chased any of my dreams, and now here I am with a clear head and no fucking idea what to do.

To anybody here that's clean, how do YOU deal with the boredom? I mean, it's one thing to use because we're depressed, but I don't really hate myself right now; I'm almost proud for once. But when I sit up at night, with the money I have saved from NOT using, it's like I'm taking on a pack of wild dogs with the cravings. I mean, I've tried all of my normal time eaters- video games, guitar, books, drawing, and everything just reminds me of using. I don't want to go back, but oh my fucking god, I miss that goddamn feeling of nihilistic contentment.

Anyways. I'm just ranting now. If you wanna get clean, I believe in you. If you don't, stay safe and nod on.
>>
overgrownpath !3g9OJxiR.6 - Fri, 19 May 2017 09:29:55 EST ID:MeNVR87b No.578680 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>578677
Glad you're going well man. Sounds like you've truly turned a corner in your feelings about using - the fact that you merely had a single lapse that didn't turn into a relapse is proof of that. Can't give you any advice on the boredom stuff because I don't know the answer myself either, lol.
>>
Mr.AuntBetty - Fri, 19 May 2017 10:34:37 EST ID:kHz4pqpK No.578688 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Good luck bud. I hope you don't but if you slip up once, dont let it bring you down, pick yourself up and continue on your journey to a clean life.
>>
Aciddrop !tbcTsdGo8Q!!vVWR8L52 - Fri, 19 May 2017 21:10:07 EST ID:6fORcLTi No.578714 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>578677
I use kratom and gabapentin to deal with cravings. It was easy enough to get a gabapentin script from my doc for treatment resistant manic depression aka bi-polar disorder. And then i just order a kilo of kratom for 100 bucks, lasts me months. Kratom is to opiates as nicotine gum is to cigarettes. It's not the same but it does get rid of cravings. It's also a better pain killer than any otc painkillers, not to mention it doesn't destroy your stomach or liver like nsaids or apap. I also take valium sometimes and drink occasionally. Daily weed smokers as well.
>>
Albert Candletirk - Fri, 19 May 2017 22:37:55 EST ID:T7flwXWl No.578723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>578677
It takes a long time to get used to spending time sober, it's definitely the hardest bit for me. Initially it can be really hard to enjoy even things that used to interest you, this is a PAWS thing and it gets better.
It's tempting to use other drugs in this stage, and that can make it easier, but at some point you are going to have to learn to kill time sober.
Exercise can kind of help with getting your endorphins going again, if nothing else the 'reward' feelings from exercise are much more pronounced while in PAWS, I'd never even noticed them prior.
>>
Albert Candletirk - Fri, 19 May 2017 22:41:20 EST ID:T7flwXWl No.578724 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>578723
I should have been clearer about that response. Using other drugs for the first couple of months isn't a totally awful idea if you're only trying to abstain from opis. The severe anhedonia bit doesn't last more than a few months, so while learning to spend time sober does take practice the first little while after getting clean is you 'sober' but definitely not normal, it gets better.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.