420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
convert this for me by Wesley Pandlekun - Wed, 06 Dec 2017 23:58:06 EST ID:PlGW0BRO No.589238 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1512622686721.jpg -(92826B / 90.65KB, 736x561) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 92826
If I am being given 800mg of retarded morphine a day, how much morphium am I approximately on at any given time of day?
I mean, if it wereimmediate-release...
(Does that make sense? I just woke up.)
>>
Wesley Pandlekun - Wed, 06 Dec 2017 23:59:01 EST ID:PlGW0BRO No.589239 Ignore Report Quick Reply
*morphine
>>
Frederick Weblingfuck - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 00:49:27 EST ID:T7flwXWl No.589241 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>589238
>Does that make sense

No.
What do you want to know exactly?
>>
dr. m !gWLn19/oKs - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 01:39:10 EST ID:ioQ76bWA No.589244 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1512628750993.gif -(2075101B / 1.98MB, 256x179) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>589238

You haven't specified anything needed to answer your question. We have no clue what your dosage schedule is (do you take 800mg XR all at once? If not, then how do you dose it?).

Do you take it orally?

Your post is extremely vague and unhelpful. Please specify all relevant information.

Do you try to break up the pills to defeat the XR mechanism?

Remember that in regular instances, Morphine IR clears very quickly. Half of your morphine IR dose is metabolized within 2-3 hours.

That means that if the 800mg was IR, only 400mg would remain after 2-3hr (meaning around 2.5-3.5hr after taking the pills, as they need time to absorb), and only 200mg would remain ~4.5-6.5hr after ingestion.

So the bigger questions are which formulation of Morphine XR do you take, what is your daily dosage schedule, and what is your route of administration.

If you are dosing 3x per day for example, you may only have as little as 200-300mg of oral morphine IR equivalent at the peak levels during a redose, but when you're fast asleep the number could drop well under 250mg.

Get back to us on that.
>>
Wesley Pandlekun - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 04:08:28 EST ID:PlGW0BRO No.589255 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>589244
I take all 800mg at once, I swallow them without chewing, how I'm supposed to, according to my doctor. Apparently, a capsule of 200mg contains 200mg morphine sulfate, which equals about 150mg morphine.
I don't particularly feel any less of the effects until after about 26h after having taken it, I was asking, because I don't exactly know how the thing with the retardation works, how much of the 600mg am I on at any given moment during the day?
>>
Baron Von Feelsgood - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:13:11 EST ID:wHAvn2tX No.589261 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>retarded morphine
Couldn't help but laugh at that one

The oral bioavailability varies wildly as does how fast it is broken down in your GI tract. I'll give you an educated guess; it's the best anyone can do.

If you take 800mg at once (that's a pretty fucking huge dose to be getting from a doctor, what do you get them prescribed for??) ER morphine should last for about.12 hours, possibly longer due to the large dose you're on. So dividing 800 by 12 you get 67mg morphine per hour, assuming a 4hr elimination period you're on about 267mg morphine at peak.

Did your doctor instruct you to take them once daily or twice daily? If it's taking 26 hours to wear off then they must be some new 24Hr morphine pills. Just half the numbers I gave you if that's the case.
>>
Charles Gishdale - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:21:14 EST ID:PpTFmJI4 No.589262 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>589261
Well, apparently, the ingredient is morphine sulfate, which is just 3/4 morphine... since that's what is in the pills, so that should be about 600mg. It is released slowly, however, I don't know how exactly that works, either. It's covered in wax, that's about all I know.
It does last for at least 24h.
I'm from Europe, these days, quite a lot of people, who have been addicted to heroin for a while, can see a doctor and get a substitute, e.g. methadone or in my case this stuff.
>>
Charles Gishdale - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:23:12 EST ID:PpTFmJI4 No.589263 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>589262
-so
-dozens of spelling and grammar and calculating errors
>>
Baron Von Feelsgood - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:45:10 EST ID:wHAvn2tX No.589264 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>589262
Well you're luckier than me, I have a legit chronic pain issue.and UK doctors labelled me a drug seeker just because I was young so I got.oxy off a sympathetic cancer patient for a while, then moved to pod tea; when the pods ran out for 2 months I used H.and was put on subutex and then, after over two years of complaining about.it's side effects; methadone.
I'm currently fighting the NHS on prescribing me opiates for pain (knee injury, got diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the knee at 22, though I have bad partial tears to the ligaments too) and will probably have to take them to court on the matter.

Are you from Austria? It's the only country I've heard of that does ER morphine for addicts.

The whole "morphine sulphate" thing just means it's the sulphate salt of morphine, almost all oral morphine is morphine sulphate whilst almost all IV morphine is morphine hydrochloride. Read morphine sulphate simply as morphine unless you need to convert to morphine HCL for IV use (which only a doctor would need to do; unless you happen to get morphine HCl ampoules for injection), AFAIK there is no prescription medication that contains morphine freeware, except maybe Laudanaum or Paregoric but those are very old preparations that are rarely used any more (paregoric is used much more often than laudanum as it's much less potent)
>>
Wesley Pandlekun - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 09:21:41 EST ID:PlGW0BRO No.589266 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>589264
Germany has legalized the use of morphine in 2015. In some cities around here you can also inject pure heroin, but you have to show up three times a day, in order to do so. There are a few other countries, in which morphine has been legalized for the purpose of helping addicts, too, these countries being Switzerland, Bulgaria, Australia, France and Slowenia (according to wikipedia).
Thanks for the explanation and sorry about the chronic pain. I'll marry you, if you want to move here, but maybe suing them will do an even better job at getting you opiates. Good luck with that.
>>
Baron Von Feelsgood - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 09:42:16 EST ID:wHAvn2tX No.589267 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>589266
Ah. I thought those countries only did Heroin, minutes or methadone. Good that they're adding/have added ER morphine as an option.
Here in the UK they have a small Heroin assisted treatment program but the NHS is (pretty horribly) trying to kick patients off it and not allowing any new patients (or so I hear), the entire NHS is falling to bits however. I reckon they'll have gone private by 2025 unless some sort of miracle happens.
>>
Baron Von Feelsgood - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 12:25:04 EST ID:wHAvn2tX No.589274 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>589267
Stupid fucking autocorrect on this piece of shit phone.
Change "minutes" to subutex
NB

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.