420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
How come I can rarely tough out a day without suboxone even with benz and hydroxyzine etc. by Phineas Buzzridge - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 18:41:31 EST ID:MYWQpqEQ No.594807 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1523918491225.gif -(2508314B / 2.39MB, 460x259) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2508314
Only fuckin Ontario is like the US when it comes to Suboxone here, everywhere else, it's like methadone, best situation, like mine, you get to take a supervised dose one day a week and leave with 6 days of takehomes. Tuesdays are my refill days, some mondays I manage to still have a quarter of a 8mg or even a half, but I'm tapering down and underdosing myself on purpose since a while now, it takes forever compared to 'done, I should have continued with the 2-3mg monthly reduction of that back then, was down to 39mg.

Anyway, today is kind of hell and my last dose was at 11:30pm last night, had half a 8mg, so 4mg. And after trying to sleep it away for most of the time, I'm feeling fuckin cold and I produce mucus like if I was in epic withdrawal, although no goosebumps and the worst things imaginable most of us know. Just a sinus kind of headache although I just got out from a pretty insane flu that almost killed 2 other people in the house (barely kidding).

I hurt everywhere. It's like this routine where I know monday will be awful and I just have to deal with it until tuesday morning at 8 am when the fuckers open shop. One more proof sub shouldn't be used for long term maintenance and just 3 month detoxes. Unless something's really strange with me.
>>
Phineas Buzzridge - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 19:07:23 EST ID:MYWQpqEQ No.594809 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Q was. how come sometimes it's a breeze to go a day without Sub, like it's supposed to be and others are just awful although I take the same dosage, 8mg everyday except twice a week where I take 10....we don't have strips or anything else than the pills here so you can't be prescribed 9mg.
>>
Q !57aon8jsJ2 - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:51:42 EST ID:8jokqkrn No.594817 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594809
sorry what was i doing?
>>
Sophie Cengerherk - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 01:08:00 EST ID:MYWQpqEQ No.594820 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594817
Heh, I meant it as in question, I had forgotten to actually type it, i guess the benzos are doing something, but holy shit I can't wait until it's 7 hours later than right now when the pharmacy opens, I don't know what's the deal but I'm taking this..hm, has been 25 hours since I took that 4mg of sub rather much more harshly than usual and it kind of happens randomly when I run out a day before like this.
>>
Cedric Pockbanks - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 02:11:52 EST ID:+0xUKj+s No.594822 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594809
Beacaue higher doses are over the ceiling dose so effectively you have the same amount in your system after one or more half lives.
>>
Reuben Turveyhall - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 02:36:14 EST ID:usqOkTyk No.594825 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1523946974491.jpg -(353524B / 345.24KB, 640x1464) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Sub works great for people in good health. People with poor health, all sorts of issues like dental or like what youre describing
Subs long half life is why sometimes it easier. Your body gets used to all the doses stacking. They build up and reach a point where some days have a higher peak than others, the next day or 2 is probably when its easiest to skip a day
>>
Cedric Pockbanks - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 06:42:35 EST ID:+0xUKj+s No.594829 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594822
That was a terrible explanation. I mean that if the ceiling is at 16mg (it's not) and you're on 32mg then after 1 half life the dose is still equianalgesic.
Tapering Suboxone gets progressively harder for the same reason - the non-linear dose response curve.

>>594825
Your body doesn't get used to the doses stacking exactly, it just builds up and reaches a steady state which gives you a sort of "buffer"

>Some days have a higher peak than others
Nah, that's exactly the opposite of what happens, it reaches a steady state with consistent dosing.
>>
Cedric Pockbanks - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 06:46:28 EST ID:+0xUKj+s No.594830 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594829
I'm I just realised the first half of my post doesn't take into account the whole steady state concept I brought up in the second. The general idea is the same though, but more so as there is >32mg after dosing and >16 after one half life.
>>
Sophie Cengerherk - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 08:56:30 EST ID:MYWQpqEQ No.594835 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594822
Ceiling dose is surely not the same for everybody, I imagine they figure it out using median weight and height and fat % in studies, where the normal patient will not only fit those parameters necessarily, they wil not be under study like the people who did the last phases of bupe testing to get it approved. Personally I find that 12mg (where I started after 48 hours without methadone, last 7 doses were 39mg) is my ceiling, there's a definite difference between 8 and having an 8 and a 10 for me, especially with atarax taken previously.

Thank god this bullshit's over anyway, actually managed to fall asleep at 4 something AM when my s/o woke me up...I'm actually surprised I managed falling asleep. Now I have dosed and I'll give my s/o one 8mg to hide somewhere to keep for monday so I don't go and take 10-12 to get an actual nod, the whole nod chasing is the problem.

It's so random as to its occurrence, the bupe nod, that usually means atarax or histantil (prometh 50mg pills) with a good dose of benzos and even then it's not guaranteed you'll get it.
>>
Sophie Cengerherk - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 09:00:15 EST ID:MYWQpqEQ No.594836 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594825
Also, the exact same thing happened last year (or so) regarding your pic. Ball and chained to those who think god is a real estate agent. nb.
>>
Reuben Turveyhall - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 18:49:10 EST ID:usqOkTyk No.594850 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594829
>Your body doesn't get used to the doses stacking exactly, it just builds up and reaches a steady state which gives you a sort of "buffer"
what does that mean? how is that different?

>reaches a steady state with consistent dosing.
relatively steady but ever slightly enough to feel different, at least until years of tolerance

ceiling idea is misleading, because even if youre on 32mg/day, it feels much more than whatever 2-3% 16->32mg gives you. It's true for dopesickness but not for the mental feeling/high of sub. I'm not exactly sure why but something to do with your brain getting used to coming up on the drug all the time, ie when you get addicted to the needle
>>
Nigel Drucklefoot - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 20:14:23 EST ID:MYWQpqEQ No.594855 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>594850
>>594829

>Your body doesn't get used to the doses stacking exactly, it just builds up and reaches a steady state which gives you a sort of "buffer"

>what does that mean? how is that different?

Yeah, Cedric's slightly confusing here.
>>
Priscilla Cunkinhit - Sat, 21 Apr 2018 22:40:45 EST ID:+0xUKj+s No.595018 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524364845077.gif -(2094269B / 2.00MB, 371x331) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>594850

>what does that mean? how is that different?

I'm pretty sure it means I was a bit drunk and misinterpreted what was meant by "your body gets used to it".
The poster was totally right that your body will get used to whatever level of bupe the steady state reaches rather than the amount which is dosed daily. Assuming the minimum half life of 24 hours you have basically twice your daily dose in your system after dosing so yeah, it's very significant.

>>594850
>ceiling idea is misleading, because even if youre on 32mg/day, it feels much more than whatever 2-3% 16->32mg gives you.

Yeah, um, actually you're right. What I said initially is how it works in theory, and that does seem to work for people on lower doses (some people are dosed at the pharmacy every second day and it works fine for them.
However, yeah, when I was on 32mg of bupe I did notice some discomfort even when dropping to 28mg as well as the subsequent reductions. No real dopesickness but definite mental effects and loss of energy etc. No idea why or how I somehow forgot my own lived experience over the theoretical one.

So apart from the all the bits that were totally wrong, the rest is all true probably

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.