Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Tapering off methadone to try bupe for chronic, post surgery cancer pain, feel like shit by Fuck Haddleway - Sat, 30 Jun 2018 18:58:12 EST ID:o3Hd136Z No.597652 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1530399492766.jpg -(3273B / 3.20KB, 269x188) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 3273
I had a big chuck of my lower spine removed 1.5 years ago due to cancer and have been on 30 mg of methadone and 60 mg of oxy a day for about 5 months, with doses of 20 and 60 respectively for about a year before that. I have a new pain doc and we decided to try Bupe because she's had good success with it in other chronic pain patients. I know that in order to take the bupe i have to be clean or I'll get precipitated wds so over the last 2 weeks i've tapered off the methadone, supplementing with 40 mg more of the oxy each day and then over the next week i'm going to try to cut back to 60 mg a day the last day with the last oxy taken about 12-16 hours before my appointment to get the bupe. Its been an okay ish 2 weeks all things considered but i took my last 5mg of methadone on thursday and last night i got no sleep, I eat 2 bites of food and go from starving to stuffed and in general just feel like crap. Is this to be expected in y'all's experience even though my doc gave me the extra oxy to supplement for the methadone?

Also as an asside, this is shit enough and anyone who want's people to quit cold turkey is a monster.
>>
Nigel Drablingmet - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 00:14:13 EST ID:RJBVVEvT No.597958 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>597652
You can get perc-WD if you take Bupe 5 days after methadone.
Metadone Hlaf-Life is long, it can stay in your system for up to 5-10days.

4-7 days before you take Bupe DO NOT take ANY methadone. Or you will go through 2 hours of WD untill Bupe takes over.
with OC you can take it last day, just make sure you let yourself go into first stages of WD.
>>
Isabella Blattingstock - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 04:51:57 EST ID:3oLqjzEG No.597965 Ignore Report Quick Reply
In germany we got the Ravensburger Methode, where buprenorphin is added slowly and at a low dose, while Methadone is reduced slowly or even abruptly when the bupe dose is high enough.
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.dgsuchtmedizin.de/fileadmin/documents/dgs-info_66/Umstellung_von_Methafjodon___Polamidon_auf_Buprenorphin_%25E2%2580%2593_die_Ravensburger_Strategie.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiEz6XzjI_cAhVBIVAKHd4SDNAQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2c7Q0b2RIc2WaX2Fwyx1GF
>>
Topper - Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:57:01 EST ID:/qgeR7Ii No.598077 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I feel like this thread is probably dead now but I'm just now reading it.
Personally, I think your Dr. is making a bad decision or either tricking you. I started my journey into opis back in 2001 because of chronic pain. Over the years I've been prescribed everything including Methadone and Buprenorphine. Right now I'm prescribed MS-Contin (Morphine) 100mg x 2day and Oxycodone 30mg x 3dy for breakthru pain, which seems to be working for me. A couple years ago i tried the subutex route at 24mgs a day (overkill, I know) but it did absolutely nothing for pain. That's why I'm back on morphine. My old Dr. had me on 110mg Methadone and 90mg Oxycodone daily which was the closest I've been to being pain free in years. Idk man, I guess everybody is different but I think your Dr is trying to secretly ween you off of opis. Ask your doc if he/she is willing to put you back on the methadone/Oxy regiment if the bupe doesn't work out?

Update when you can buddy, I'm interested in how things workout for you

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.