420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Your favorite Alola Pikamen by Danky-Dank !/6dZfyt07o - Fri, 17 Feb 2017 17:09:30 EST ID:pqFn2V0p No.228899 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1487369370182.png -(107834B / 105.31KB, 530x530) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 107834
Let's get some traffic up in the /PO/.
What's your favorite new Pokemon this generation and why?

I like this little guy. He's got the ghostly look and Water compaction is an interesting ability.
>>
Magma Leader Ebenezer - Fri, 17 Feb 2017 21:27:58 EST ID:4H/Fd9ry No.228900 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487384878517.png -(248429B / 242.61KB, 800x587) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
All the ones I really liked turned out to be unviable lol. Lurantis was my favorite from the beginning but it doesn't have a killer move for its contrary ability like Malamar and Serperior do, and without chlorophyll or a priority move it's utterly useless. It isn't even slow enough for trick room. Maybe if you're running sun and tailwind at once it could get a KO or two with its unique move, but that's not worth basing your whole team around. I've at least gotten some use out of Decidueye. He's not the sweeper I hoped he'd be but he has some surprising utility.
>>
Mysticalman Cedric - Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:05:32 EST ID:XPXVPxrU No.228901 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I quite liked the design on vikavolt. It's got an insane special attack and I thought it might be good in a trick room. In single player it was a letdown because by the time I could evolve my charjabug all the good moves had been long passed and I had to go to the move reminder to have good coverage for the elite 4.

However if I want an electric sweeper who can decimate things with a shitload of support (which vikavolt is) Xurkitree is just better (it can also set it's own electric terrain). And if you're in a trick room facing the oh so meta torkoal then Xurkitree has much better odds. All vikavolt has going for it is access to bug buzz and ground immunity. Which I don't think beats better typing, more bulk and beast boost.

I know it was just the generation's common bug but it just needed a little more... something to be genuinely viable. Maybe a little more bulk. Slightly better movepool. Or a more offensive ability. If it kept battery that might even be enough. Maybe I'm wrong though and actually I've just not spotted that it's got a perfect partner sitting around somewhere. I just noticed it gets flash cannon... shame it doesn't get earth power and sludge wave instead though)

>>228900
I thought it might make a good trick room option. Run with torkoal and just beat down anything the heatwave can't. I really love taking reasonably bulky but brutally offensive monsters (my archetypal monster would be heatran or azumarill, utterly devastating attackers who are able to take a hit) and just smashing enemies down with them. On paper lurantis might do that but actually I agree, it's shit.

I had a good think about it. The speed isn't awful because it's slow enough to underspeed non trick room pokemon and if you're against another trick room you can always try to turn the room back off. It has good bulk and the BP of it's solar blade makes it quite a hard hitter. It's abilities are useless though. Essentially its niche would be a more offensive trick room sun abuser. Use growth and then just smash down stuff that torkoal can't break.

What breaks it is not that ferrothorn is bulkier and has better coverage, or that amoongus is more useful because both are very different and nowhere near as all out offensive. What breaks it is the palm tree dragon egg. Actually the normal forme isn't bad for an out of trick room chlorophyl abuser but it doesn't have the ability to hit dragons who resist torkoal's heat wave. Anyway dragon egg tree palm boyo gets draco meteor and leaf storm STABs. With 120 special it's pretty brutal. but because it's got 105 attack, which is as good as lurantis but has access to a dragon STAB, wood hammer and the berries it needs to heal the recoil off, and then gets a reasonable earthquake it's basically everything lurantis would do but better.

See there's a whole bunch of stuff that lurantis can't hit that resists fire so you end up with this offensive powerhouse that just gets walled by a huge number of monsters and easily beaten. And that's why it's shit.
>>
Pokémon Breeder George - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:58:20 EST ID:4H/Fd9ry No.228902 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>228901
yeah it's just tragic. there's just nothing lurantis can do to justify itself. I love the little bastard too. and I cant use it in a shit pokemon battle cause I'm usually running pokemon like Dunsparce (best mon ever) in those, so it would end up overpowered. blaaaaaah.

>vikavolt
I swept my friend the other day by using agility on it but any lycanroc with accelrock or choice scarfed super effective anything would kill I think. it's pretty gimmicky. fun though. more usable than lurantis at least.

>xurkitree
I haven't used it much yet but that thing has the best in battle animations. the devs were clearly having a lot of fun animating that thing.
>>
Mysticalman Cedric - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 05:56:00 EST ID:XPXVPxrU No.228903 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>228902
Hmm agility vikavolt would work.

I think that or put it in a sun trick room team. Actually it can use solar beam and would work well in a sun room team. Thunderbolt, Solar beam and bug buzz. Only thing it can't seriously fuck up is kommo-o who largely sucks.

I do wish it had gotten battery or just a little more bulk, it'd have made it a really viable monster.

Well I guess next time I down a run of breeding that's on the lost after all though. I've got enough 5iv stuff sitting around it won't take long and the island means everything gets passively trained.
>>
Mysticalman Cedric - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 15:58:53 EST ID:XPXVPxrU No.228904 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>228903
Shit I just remembered who did disappoint.

Golisopod. The fact it kept emergency exit breaks it. It's bulky, but gets STAB leech life and has the right stats to abuse that. Emergency exit means it will switch in and get to just first impression more but if something just hit me I'd rather sit in and hit it back with a same power move THAT ALSO HEALS ME. And being so slow, it rarely hits first then gets beaten the fuck back out. Golisopod usually loses it's attack if it's hit hard. It's ability confines it to first impression spam.

Might be entrainable but that's a whole other kettle of fish.
>>
PURPSIX - Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:55:18 EST ID:+cRaBuxx No.228906 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487699718842.jpg -(20684B / 20.20KB, 320x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Aquaranid has probably been my favorite for some reason. It's just nice to have a tanky water/bug who benefits from the leech life boost. Ribombee is like the exact opposite, but they function great together which is probably why I kept them on my team.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.