420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
How Do You Make Teams by Burglar Cyril - Wed, 12 Jul 2017 10:17:47 EST ID:gSR59QH2 No.229097 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1499869067440.png -(25417B / 24.82KB, 245x158) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 25417
I don't care about what pokemon you use specifically, just what you look for in a team. Do you look for:

>type diversity
>pokemon that fill certain rolls
>swag
>themes (all bird pokemon, all blue pokemon, etc.)
>common types (gym leader style)
>or something else?

I have a few things I look for. I either make a bird team, because birds are the best pokemon, or I make a tough guy team (pic related), ideally with an edgy douche trainer if it can be helped, and a shiny Qwilfish named Reuben with a rash personality.

Also, and this is deplorable, but I tend to hack all the pokemon I want (3-8 mons) into my PC at a low level from the get go, with EVs already set and perfect IVs/nature. It's a perfectionists nightmare, as I can't stand to catch pokemon for a team when I know that they aren't as good as they could be (as if you need competitive level mons to beat the E4). Anyway, tell us about what goes into the selection of your teams /po/.
>>
Cameraman Charlotte - Wed, 12 Jul 2017 13:12:19 EST ID:vGxeMJfU No.229098 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>229097
Single player
>type diversity
>aesthetic diversity
>majority of team monsters I've never used the rest ones I've barely tried
>At least a couple of the new ones
>usually mostly built for coverage and hitting power
>couple of exceptions which are usually higher maintenance but better in a pinch

There's no point in min/maxing. Though for .5 of a generation I might have some bred iv/eved monsters and level them while I'm at it.

Competitive
>type diversity
>role synergy depending on my strategy
>make sure i have at least a couple of situational answers to any threat
>mix of attacking types ie special/physical

I play quite offensively so this usually means being able to hit everything super effectively, answers to most cheese strategies,

So for singles
>hazard control
>taunt user with u turn or volt switch
>couple of offensive cores

For doubles
>support mon with speed control and often taunt
>something really fast
>bunch of bulky streamrollers
>maybe a weather setter if that work with my team

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.