420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
He stands among the Gods by Expert David - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 10:13:37 EST ID:HDLJVcgF No.229136 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1505139217146.jpg -(79135B / 77.28KB, 894x894) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 79135
Can we talk about mewtwo for a second and how legitimately badass he is?

He is a genetic alteration of the first ancestor of all nonlegendary pokemon. He was created by humans. He is an abomination, not a legendary.

Yet he is still considered uber. Still banned. Even in gen 7 his Mewtwo Y is hugely overpowered. He stands up to all the legendaries and yet he is a human creation.

My mewtwo "Dillinger" is a bro. I soft saved until I found one with perfect IVs except in HP and attack. Timid. I used him in gen 6 to take down darkrais in triple battles online.

Just look at mewtwo Y. He's like a bastardized effigy of a hindu god.

I dunno just mewtwo is great y'erd? What are your thoughts on the legendaries and how mewtwo really isn't?
>>
Psychic Reuben - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:40:10 EST ID:lvgLnyUc No.229137 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The armor in the movie was cool as fuck. Glad they kept the first final boss pokemon relevant after all these years, the most badass for sure.
>>
Castle Valet Jarvis - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 20:33:01 EST ID:HDLJVcgF No.229138 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>229137
I was meaning to watch the second movie where there was a mewtwo. The one with the female voice. I imagine it's better by pokemon standards.

The first movie was all kinds of badass when you were 10 like me (was it in 2000? or 1999? 2001? idk) at the time. Giovanni was a badass indirectly too.

The show seems to imply more than one mewtwo were made which is cool too. It makes me imagine that there's multiple mewtwos in multiple caves, standing there to conserve energy and unleash the power... before being hit by a master ball.
>>
Danky-Dank !/6dZfyt07o - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:26:29 EST ID:sCf4pmGy No.229140 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505229989194.jpg -(98330B / 96.03KB, 970x545) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Ever since I was a kid, Mewtwo has been a pretty intimidating Pokémon to me.
The idea that he was just standing there at the very end of the pitch black Cerulean cave just freaked me out. His incredible power didn't help either.

Imagine being a amateur trainer and just running into him and having to defend yourself. You'd be toast.

His mech-armour in the first movie just made him even more badass. I do kind of prefer the idea that Mewtwo is one of a kind though, along with many other legendary Pokémon.
>>
Commander Rebecca - Sat, 16 Sep 2017 06:42:51 EST ID:L1ofuWkb No.229146 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Growing up in the era of Red/Blue, Mewtwo was THE true final boss of pokemon. Even the elite four was all a test, for Mewtwo. So I'm really glad they've always tried to keep Mewtwo extremely strong.
>>
Picnicker Ian - Sat, 16 Sep 2017 14:36:22 EST ID:rTADqqa/ No.229147 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505586982584.jpg -(188105B / 183.70KB, 780x1256) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Elite Four Eugene - Sun, 17 Sep 2017 09:40:59 EST ID:TNOFr0gn No.229148 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>229136
In terms of actual playing power mewtwo is always going to be a top tier monster. The benchmark for badass. Massive special attack, good speed and good movepool. Mewtwo just murders.

Mewtwo X is pretty mediocre but Y basically adds more speed, more attack power and sleep immunity so it's basically everything good about mewtwo and now it can't be prankster slept by smeargle.

It's entirely fitting for the perfectly designed battling monster to have such a good stat spread for the role it fills as an attacker and because it's legendary it still has enough defense combined with it's typing that few things can one shot it without setup. It might not be truely legendary in lore terms but in power terms it's in the top tier the ones which are banned by default in every format on global link.

When they let legendaries into competitive the meta was basically power herb Xerneas though because geomancy power herbs are just disgusting. I was ready to compete that season but couldn't be fucked to grind a play X to soft reset a perfect Xerneas just to be competitive though.
>>
Cue Ball Jarvis - Mon, 18 Sep 2017 21:33:48 EST ID:HJGQL13Z No.229152 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>229148
I use my mewtwo, Dillinger, who has perfect IVs except in HP and attack and timid nature to take out darkrais in triple battles in 6th gen stuff. I just have him know psystrike, aura sphere, flamethrower and shadowball for good coverage. I know he's vulnerable to sucker punch. Might take off flamethrower and give him barrier for that.
>>
PokéFan Simon - Tue, 19 Sep 2017 07:33:24 EST ID:ewgb4+li No.229153 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>229152
I love my mewtwo but I ended up using my deoxys for xerneas problems at that time. everybody assumes it's a pure special attacker and then BAM poison jab to the face.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.