420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Trump: the do nothing president by David Fuckingfoot - Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:21:13 EST ID:8b+KEEa8 No.395801 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1502922073334.jpg -(26535B / 25.91KB, 638x378) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 26535
Because of the things he says because of the lack of seriousness in his approach to lead, it is hard to imagine how he can effectively govern for the next 3 and half years.

What he will not come out and say makes it impossible for him to put any pressure on even his own party to push policies through.
Any poli sci majors have a take on this? He continues to fail in this area and now is unimaginable that he will be able to negotiate even among the GOP.

I feel like I am being ultra realistic on this point. Simply his race relations could perhaps be the worst since reconstruction era.
>>
Jarvis Paffingwell - Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:49:01 EST ID:/9NzCSFd No.395805 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>395801
He's made a ton of executive orders despite running on a platform again doing that sort of thing. His legacy is going to be (hopefully only) 1 SCOTUS nomination.

He'll declare victory based on the effects of Obama's policies though.
>>
Hugh Fezzleman - Wed, 16 Aug 2017 20:47:25 EST ID:nppI2w1T No.395811 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502930845198.png -(125459B / 122.52KB, 550x375) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>395805
It could be worse than that. Suppose the FED raises interest rates and growth increases despite his best interests.

People are more likely to interperate Trump's rhetoric of "bring back jobs only done in undeveloped countries" and "cut taxes for the ultra-rich" as good economic sense.
Presidents get reelected during periods of good economic growth.

I almost want the democrats to say "Let the free market handle it" if Trump tries to work with them on infrastructure.
Wasn't that one of Trump's major planks? To attract foreign investment to pay for infrastructure, and also get it done cheaper and faster?
>>
Charlotte Busslefoot - Wed, 16 Aug 2017 21:28:18 EST ID:WQQ+NOb5 No.395814 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>395811
His immigration policy will make sure growth doesn't increase.

Unemployment is so low that we need more people to go to work. Trump isn't letting those people into the country, so homes are going unit and crops unpicked. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-war-on-legal-immigrants-will-cripple-the-economy/2017/08/02/c4f0de20-77c2-11e7-9eac-d56bd5568db8_story.html?utm_term=.d92f3172c359
>>
Isabella Sennerford - Wed, 16 Aug 2017 21:42:09 EST ID:MyuDzBUL No.395815 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Idk how he can brag about how he created 70 bazillion jobs and unemployment is the lowest it's been since 2001...

It's been 7 months. What legislation has he passed that would be responsible for this? All this shit we're seeing is the remnants of the Obama administration. The effects of Trump's policies won't be seen at least for another year or two.

You don't snap your finger and change the economy.
>>
Charlotte Busslefoot - Wed, 16 Aug 2017 21:53:26 EST ID:WQQ+NOb5 No.395816 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>395815
He bribed Carrier millions of taxpayer dollars to keep (I know, this isn't the same as creating new jobs) a few hundred jobs in the US. They laid off the workers and exported jobs to Mexico anyway.

Great deal you made there, Donny.
>>
Thomas Bongerfuck - Wed, 16 Aug 2017 22:39:14 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.395821 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>395815
>Idk how he can brag about how he created 70 bazillion jobs and unemployment is the lowest it's been since 2001...

In cased you missed it, the guy is a pathological liar....
>>
Eliza Cledgetork - Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:27:31 EST ID:+NSAEK8g No.395884 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>mfw I just saw CNN run a pro-Trump ad crying about "the alt-right"

I have no idea how that got aired unless this was some Mad Headroom hacking PBS tier hijacking
>>
Eliza Cledgetork - Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:27:55 EST ID:+NSAEK8g No.395885 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>395884
meant to type "the alt-left"

NB
>>
Priscilla Woddledat - Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:33:46 EST ID:FZfHNqfu No.395886 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1503020026157.jpg -(39136B / 38.22KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>395885
They do that to give them fair airtime. I've seen a few ads there from Trump and his cronies. It also gives Fox news less opportunity to point and shriek at CNN.
>>
Eliza Cledgetork - Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:36:15 EST ID:+NSAEK8g No.395887 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>395886
I see.

Anyhow, this is another reason why I get so pissed off at the whole "liberal media" meme because if the media really was so "LIBERAL", that ad wouldn't have ran at all.

Besides, CNN is pretty much centrist with slight center of left (and occasional center of right) elements sprinkled throughout.
>>
Angus Trotstone - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 05:02:38 EST ID:ZFDlpi1u No.396236 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>395885
msnbc cnn has right wing ads, airtime every now and then. Thing is ads cost money. And, their ads are stupid so they try to keep their airtime to their side of
those who,,, As well they do have like anderson coooper and whoever have guests that are true right wing conservatives that can actually think at least a little bit.

As for fox news, orielly was lame but at least intelligent, hannity a stupid dufus
that will never side with political reality.
>>
Beatrice Gonningham - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 13:03:33 EST ID:ocfgTAf6 No.396238 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>395801
He's Faux Lame Duck. His disapproval ratings going to break records and become the reigning champion in that regard. All it takes is for more Republican politicians to outwardly show disdain for him. This will create a domino effect because most politicians supported him out of party obligations and Stockholm syndrome. You don't want to be that one Republican to go against Trump do you? Trump is losing his strange immunity that he's had. Once he loses all support from the right (not his base but those in office), they'll then begin to proceed with pushing impeachment. He's a liability to the GOP. The main reason he's even present is due to the electoral college, Russia using propaganda to get people to vote for him or at least cause leftists to stay home, gerrymandering, and voter suppression.

As many problems the DNC has right now, it's not as bad as it is for the GOP. On the other hand, organizations like Learn Liberty are doing a good job of getting confused and naive millennials over to the fascistic side of things. Although, I have noticed recently that there is a push back against it. It's not working as well as it used to because people are noticing that the dangers of the university lefty is nothing in comparison to the alt-right and what they are doing and demanding right now.
>>
Fucking Dumblebanks - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 13:29:40 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.396239 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396238
What DNC?
The Democrats no longer exist as a viable party.
We need to stop talking about them like they are even remotely relevant.
>>
Caroline Bardhood - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 15:16:17 EST ID:BTigF2iT No.396241 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Trump will be remembered as the key accelerator of the downfall of the United State's sole grip around the neck of the world. His clown-like behavior is alienating other politicians around the world as alliances without the U.S. are multiplying and becoming stronger. Russia, China, India, Brazil, Chile, Vietnam, all rapidly industrializing nations ready to grab a bigger share of the pie.

Trump is actually just really generous, caring and compassionate for the comparable plight of the developing nations :)

Thank you, Mr. Trump!
>>
Jarvis Gunnerwod - Sun, 27 Aug 2017 19:42:41 EST ID:NU4kDAu+ No.396289 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's pretty obvious when it comes to foreign policy he falls for any government that kisses his ass for a few hours and is far to lazy to do anything about Afghanistan that isn't a direct recommendation from the generals.
>>
Clara Sumblestone - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 09:18:22 EST ID:VqGtqGtM No.396467 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396463
>The tea party was manufactured by the right. It lasted, well, about a year.
How did you draw this conclusion?

Maybe its gone in name (since Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin drove that name into the ground), but the republican party of today is very different from even the republican party of W because of the tea party. Cruz, Rubio & maybe Kasich were all Tea Party guys. Plus the Freedom Caucus is sympathetic to the movement.
>>
Ian Nankinwell - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:06:21 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.396469 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396463
>Democrats are doing just fine, they are mentally stable, have direction,
aren't have major issues within the party.

"HILLARY 2020!" is not a direction...
>>
Jarvis Wamblefuck - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:12:52 EST ID:Vwoc9qnJ No.396470 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396467
Cruz, Rubio & Kasich claimed it when it was convenient, then ditched it when it wasn't, ie when it started to die. They were never really "in" it.

The freedom caucus is the last real remnant of any real influence the tea party had/has, and ironically it's actually causing a rift now within the GOP. they were a major factor in the obamacare repeal failing.

democrats naaaaarrowly lost the presidency, even getting more votes overall. the republicans on the hand did win both houses, but are somehow still struggling to pass legislation.
>>
Nicholas Dingerhall - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:17:01 EST ID:nppI2w1T No.396471 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504102621458.jpg -(2957861B / 2.82MB, 3888x2592) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>396467
>How did you draw this conclusion?
From all the white trash waving signs whose only unifying factor is that they support tax breaks for the rich, social cuts for themselves, and deregulation for industry/finance.
People don't invent such insane, self-destructive stances in a vacuum, the tea-party is the result of "libertarian" groups amplifying any perspective that contains those three stances.
This is why there's dozens of unrepresented, conflicting opinions held by the tea party, from birthers to truthers to gay marriage to the military to drug law to anything else that does not affect the bottom line of the entities who worked to make those people's voices heard by as many people as possible.

Koch and entities with similar interests created and funded AFP, Freedomworks, Tea Party Patriots, and other groups that spread propaganda, set up rallies, and fund campaigns to make the tea party a thing.
>>
Hannah Pepperpune - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:48:05 EST ID:u1+XgFIb No.396477 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396469
just google "2020 democratic nominees." no one, not even hardcore liberal sites like salon, are touting hillary as a realistic choice.

i realize your need to continue to shout "BUT HILLARY DOE," considering the way she makes trump look, especially now that he's so clearly unpopular, but she's gone, she's irrelevant now. let it go.
>>
Clara Sumblestone - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:04:44 EST ID:VqGtqGtM No.396479 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396470
>They were never really "in" it.
Pretty much all of Rubio & Cruz's policies line up with Tea Party policies. There's a big difference between them and Bush/the republican party I grew up with. I agree the name isn't in the media anymore, but that doesn't matter because the Republican Party has shifted to the right & espoused a lot of Tea Party policy.

>>396471
>From all the white trash waving signs whose only unifying factor is that they support tax breaks for the rich, social cuts for themselves, and deregulation for industry/finance.
It didn't last just a year. All that is still going on. They might not be the loudest group of protesters in the street (but I'm sure there's a ton of overlap with the alt-right/MAGA crowd), but they are the loudest group in congress. Senators get 6 year terms, so I guess we'll have to see in 2018 how many of these tea party guys get voted out, but as of now, the impact of the tea party can still be felt in the republican party.
>>
Priscilla Turveyson - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 18:43:19 EST ID:kZUMXybj No.396508 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396470
Reps have Congress because of gerrymandering and partisan districting. Dems won't oppose it because they play the game too.

Really wish we had independent districting and, I don't know, anything but first past the post voting. It's ridiculous that two parties have dominated American politics for 150 years. But I'm preaching to the choir here.
>>
Martin Smallridge - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 14:38:30 EST ID:AL6m58c2 No.396799 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396241
I bet that you won't think of Trump as a clown three years from now.
https://www.pscp.tv/ScottAdamsSays/1ZkJzyXQXgoGv
>>
Priscilla Gollerlock - Wed, 06 Sep 2017 01:47:11 EST ID:qWMOX0NY No.396856 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396799
Clown, that would be alright. He is an evil near subhuman thing. He posesses no realistic ability to communicate on a very very basic everyday human level.
>>
Henry Greenforth - Wed, 06 Sep 2017 21:57:55 EST ID:7vXpw3uu No.396887 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396508

is there anyone on 420chan who isnt a fan of cgp grey lol
>>
Jack Dumbletot - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 03:53:48 EST ID:+NSAEK8g No.397003 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Why the blue hell is "Trump Derangement Syndrome" a pro-Trump phrase?

If you ask me, it should be an anti-Trump phrase because its the Trumptards who are the crazy ones.

Worst fudgin' cult of personality of all time.
>>
Basil Donderditch - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 07:44:24 EST ID:D3IZqUk/ No.397042 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I would bet my life savings that he's not going to make it to the end of his term. It's not like he's going to magically start shaping up and become a great president, quite the contrary, soon Obama's leftover proposals will be drying up and he'll have nothing to claim as his own and the shiatgibbons he replaced them with can't do the task because for one, Trump still hasn't hired anyone to work in other important congress confirmed positions. The entire government is just limping along and when people has quit, no one is replacing them. Trump seems wholly uninterested in hiring people to actually run the fucking government. He's going to war with the GOP and it's only a matter of time before they start hitting back and impeach. Mueller is getting closer to giving them the ammo they need every day.
>>
Eliza Croddlenotch - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 11:47:28 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.397046 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>397042
I will take that bet!
He will last all 4 years and beyond that. The GOP are too ignorant and prideful to see it any other way. Plus, with Trump having a massive base of shitgibbons, he can waltz into office again.
Not like the Dems are gonna stop anyone...ever.
>>
Phyllis Goodman - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 08:28:11 EST ID:cB61Xg61 No.397070 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396799

Imagine taking Scott Adams seriously, possibly the only American with a more swollen ego than Donald Trump
>>
Albert Hangerbanks - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 05:48:55 EST ID:k6Ipx1Ly No.397097 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>397046
will the country survive?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.