420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
The problem with the Democratic Party by Beatrice Sublingfet - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 19:10:31 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.396801 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1504566631833.png -(57513B / 56.17KB, 590x288) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 57513
Where do I fucking begin...

Basically, in the 90s a bunch of Dems decided it would pay to go lite-right and they just fucking said, "We will just follow what the Repubs do, but just be SLIGHTLY to the left of that. Then we will get to enrich ourselves and other rich cunts, while pretending to be for the people."

This started to alienate a lot of people on the Left. Many just became Independents. Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi and her ilk fiddled while the party base burned. Then Tea Party happened...

This bunch of chuklefucks managed to get shit tier far-right extremists into office. Sarah Palin became someone that was seen as a viable candidate for something besides Local Moose Catcher. The GOP lurched so far to the right, there was no way to stay slightly to the left of them. But, HRC and Pelosi did a duet on those fiddles and let shit burn.

Then came Trump and the GOP went alt-right. This started to alienate moderates and stalwarts in the party. A crippling blow! The GOP should be done for! And the Dems fiddled and refused to visit Wisconsin.

Now, they are a non-entity. Not even in competition with the Libertarians. Gary Johnson will be president before any Dem will. They are so far up their own asses the party is unsavable. They even tried to decimate Bernie, who could have brought them in a shit load of Leftists and INDEPENDENTS. But, fuck those guys, we got $5,000 a plate fundraisers to hold!
>>
Hamilton Pittfield - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 18:04:00 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.396998 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504908240919.jpg -(65254B / 63.72KB, 1200x630) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>396801
And now THIS shit happened.

HRC came out with a book. A book all about how she was ripped off by big bad Bernie. Literally hundreds of pages devoted to "poor me."

Conversely, Bernie's book is titled "Our Revolution." How is the old white guy the more Progressive and optimistic one here?
>>
Fucking Blackbanks - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 07:48:18 EST ID:E0iKQ/s8 No.397007 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396998
Mmmmm you should see the aneurysm inducing shit Clinton lemmings are saying since that shit dropped.

>Bernie wouldn't stop hammering her for the emails
>all those policies we called crazy pipe dreams but are now gaining tangible traction were actually our ideas first! Bernie stole our ideas!
>Why didn't he drop out after Iowa, IT WAS HER TURN!
BERNIE SANDERS IS ACTUALLY DONALD TRUMP! HE JUST TAKES OUT THE HAIR PLUGS, WASHES OFF THE MAKEUP, AND TAKES OFF THE FAT SUIT!
>Le not a real Democrat meme
>he's just a self centered opportunist! That's why he's working to pass progressive legislation that we supposedly support with support of democrats and even a few Republicans around the clock, as opposed to Hillary who dicks around in the woods, gives a few speeches in exchange for a couple hundred thousand bucks, tweets out empty platitudes and slogans, and writes books about how it's actually all Bernie Sanders, his supporters, Vladimir Putin, Barack Obama, and everyone else not involved with the Clinton Campaign's fault she lost an election that was being handed to her on a silver platter, definitely not her fault! IT WAS HER TURN! Hillary always puts people before politics! Unlike Bernie!
>>
Fucking Blackbanks - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 08:40:17 EST ID:E0iKQ/s8 No.397008 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>396801
But it's easy to let yourself think everyone in the Party is like Hillary/Pelosi/Feinstein. There's still Tulsi Gabbards and while she has that establishment tinge, Kamala Harris hasn't fucked up yet. Many more are inclined to work with Bernie Sanders, and actually become a real deal opposition party. And Democrats still make up nearly half of Congress. It's not like Republicans have a supermajority. They can't even get anything passed. I legitimately think they forgot how after 8 solid years of straight stonewalling and denying anything that wasn't Barack Obama's personal resignation.
>>
Sophie Bankinture - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 09:38:25 EST ID:FZwyp5B6 No.397009 Report Quick Reply
>>397008

Republicans will deny reality itself as long as it suits their purposes. They also have a very selective memory.
>>
Hugh Sucklehood - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 10:54:24 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.397010 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>397008
Disagree. I see the Dems locally and it is shit-tier neoliberal Hilbots all the way through to the core.
>>
Hedda Dunkinford - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 12:08:48 EST ID:Vwoc9qnJ No.397012 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>397010
Disagree. I see the Dems locally and none of it is neoliberal (that would be the libertarians, koch brother types, etc.), nor are they at all hullary fans.

welp. i presented my local anecdote. i also pointed out your incorrect use of the word neoliberal. guess that makes me right.
>>
Hugh Sucklehood - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 14:16:22 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.397016 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>397012
See, my Dems are VERY neoliberal economically, and kinda liberal socially. And all are MANDATORY Hillbots. Or else.

Now, this is probably due to one or two local organizers...one of whom I know...who are just plain cunts. For example, this Dem organizer went to a local mayoral debate, and literally was scolding anyone who didn't clap loud enough for their little candidate. She stalked the room like a tiger looking for traitorous soft clappers!

Is your situation different? It could very well be. But, that just shows again how dysfunctional and all over the map the Ds can be.
>>
Alice Honnerstodge - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 19:45:21 EST ID:aeTvB5lZ No.397021 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>397016
>VERY neoliberal
how so? they want to do away with all financial regulations? they want nothing to do with obamacare/social healthcare? they want to defund planned parenthood/the educational system/etc?

>all are...
how about actually showing us who these people are? telling us what city/town you're from is not disclosing personal information.

just kidding, that would be unreasonable.

in my town, all democrats are astute, highly educated and pragmatic deepthinkers who just want a better world achieved through democratic means and civil engagement.

meanwhile, all of our republicans are torch wielding klansmen who lynch at least 1,000 black people a week. also they hate jews and eat their babies at every chance.

Is your situation different? It could very well be. But, that just shows again how dysfunctional and all over the map the Rs can be. Because when everyone in the party doesn't have exactly the same thoughts/ideas, it's necessarily a sign of organizational dysfunction.
>>
Eliza Croddlenotch - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 20:38:23 EST ID:IIsxRMZh No.397028 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>397021
>they want to do away with all financial regulations?
Clinton deregulation lead to the massive financial crisis we had a few years back...so yeah. They did and they did.

Also google Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and "payday lending."
>>
Henry Seffingspear - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 00:35:45 EST ID:GmdgEHro No.397034 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505018145051.png -(2796188B / 2.67MB, 2880x4800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>397024
If you look at the history of the Democrats and Republicans, their ideological makeup is constantly shifting. The infographic doesn't define the belief, using the left-right paradigm instead. I think the Democratic Party is neoliberal and center-right, not all of the individuals in it mind you, but I think that's because the graphic and I have different concepts of the spectrum.

Center-left would be people who support the current system, but want to reform it in certain ways to make it better for the general populace; or focus on social issues, but not so far as to blame the government or economic system at large as the root problem.

Mid-left would be people who oppose the system, but don't advocate revolution, and see reform as the only means. For example Social Democrats or the Green Party. Well, at least until those parties are corrupted and coopted, drifting to the right.

Far-left then, advocates revolution and alternative systems that promote equality and freedom, with plenty of disagreement about how and what.

Neoliberalism has been the modus operandi of just about every government these decades, be it coerced or pursued. Meaning deregulation, privatization (of schools and prisons for example), austerity (cutting social programs), and free trade deals (NAFTA and TPP). Through institutions like the World Trade Organization, International Monetary Fund, World Bank, G8 & G20, and shit like the American Legislative Exchange Council, these policies are pushed within the halls of power.
>>
Eliza Clashville - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 16:47:15 EST ID:/xEbt2bm No.397053 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>397028
trump is trying to do away with various financial regulations as well. this makes him a neoliberal, right?
>>
William Fimbledure - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 23:27:34 EST ID:nppI2w1T No.397095 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505273254114.jpg -(99559B / 97.23KB, 638x479) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>397053
Exactly.
The root of the word refers to the actual, academic definition of liberal that's been used for centuries and is still used everywhere except conservative America that has twisted it to mean almost the opposite of its actual definition.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.