420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
server prob? by no name - Wed, 01 Feb 2017 14:15:17 EST ID:g3naDofA No.36494 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1485976517145.jpg -(31367B / 30.63KB, 480x343) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 31367
is it possible to have 1 server (probably at your backyard or basement) and that would provide your website to whole world. . . i cannot afford to have servers on another country, and can somebody also reccomend a good server with at least 8gb ram. more man 4gb/s speed and storage of at least 500gb. . .
and how much will this whole cost me,.
if you have books on this topic pls include . i am just new to this server management and programming world, (you might have figured it out, i donot have money to pay for my college)
thankyou
>>
Hamilton Drallynadge - Wed, 01 Feb 2017 17:41:56 EST ID:Ep0R/dTc No.36495 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What are you trying to do exactly? Can you use a free or distributed hosting solution instead? Where are these numbers you have coming from?
>>
Augustus Nickleworth - Tue, 28 Feb 2017 02:46:04 EST ID:E1Wm7o2Y No.36572 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>36494
Every piece of hardware can be turned into a server. As long as the machine has RAM, CPU and hard disk, you're good to go. That means that you can turn an old laptop into an okay-ish server.

I did the same thing from scratch and without knowledge last year with my old college laptop from 2005 and it went OK. It is REALLY confusing at first, but as long as you can google while doing things, you can do anything.

Get your hands on a piece of hardware.

Install a free OS (server edition). Example : ubuntu server (it has flaws but the community is large so finding answers for random errors is easy). it comes with prepackaged services and software to get your site going almost out of the box.

Secure it with firewall (ie UFW) and fail2ban

Get a domain name (a few bucks a year)

Configure your Apache, nginx or whatever

Get your site going. It should sustain a few dozen/hundreds simultaneous visitors with a crap hardware. It depends on your site (how heavy the content is, how fancy it is).

When you're set and confident (it was a matter of a 2 months working on the server a few hours a week, no prior knowledge about anything) you can do the same thing on a private virtual server, which costs a few bucks a month but gives you access to almost 100% uptime and okay hardware.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.