420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Basic question from the unenlightened by William Wingerwedge - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 09:20:55 EST ID:3mRefssQ No.36515 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1487514055529.jpg -(10661B / 10.41KB, 275x206) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 10661
With programming I know that theres levels to this shit, So I wanna know: Where can I go to learn VBA/SQL

I feel like getting a good grasp on advanced excel and access would help me tremendously when im looking to learn future programming languages
>>
Shitting Bicklelone - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 10:40:13 EST ID:PoLvUut+ No.36516 Ignore Report Quick Reply
https://www.w3schools.com/

Or just download textbooks from libgen.io and do the projects/exercises.
>>
Caroline Senderwot - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 18:46:10 EST ID:dluvNLbx No.36517 Ignore Report Quick Reply
VBA has been a dead language for the better part of a decade. It still sees some use, but no one is learning it.
>>
Clara Woshtug - Mon, 20 Feb 2017 03:04:22 EST ID:YL0YFsWq No.36518 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>36515
I don't know why you wrote VBA/SQL, they are not related or even similar.

You can learn both online to a point, but as someone said VBA isn't widely used outside of financial people writing shitty code behind their Excel spreadsheets. The best way to learn VBA is to record a macro of you doing something manually (small amount of steps at first) then reading the generated VBA to understand it, then editing it and playing it back. There is a LOT of info about VBA online.

If you want to learn SQL I would advise you to install XAMPP ( https://www.apachefriends.org ) and follow some tutorials. You can develop simple (and very insecure) websites/tests using PHP and MySQL while you're learning.
>>
Graham Farryfock - Mon, 06 Mar 2017 16:15:08 EST ID:rAGFRmkY No.36596 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It Will Help U With VB6 and VBS not much more.
>>
Reuben Habblemot - Fri, 10 Mar 2017 02:27:40 EST ID:AljP2dDh No.36606 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>36515
https://learncodethehardway.org/sql/
Go check this shit out. When it says "the hard way" it means learn by fucking doing it. It's straightforward. Learning SQL is a good investment of time.
>>
William Cushwark - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 14:56:14 EST ID:9QSfnS0r No.36607 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>36606
No it's a case of unwarranted self important of the author that thinks teaching without explanation of the fundamental concepts would yield a better understanding.

This teaches by example too, but isn't dated shit. And it's not run by people trying to insult your intelligence.
https://www.sololearn.com/Course/SQL/
>>
Polly Garringwat - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 15:33:41 EST ID:b2Dm/aZr No.36608 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>36607
But apparently it's run by people who want you to have an account. What ever happened to people reading a fucking manual and going over production code?
>>
Frederick Demblenat - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 21:21:37 EST ID:9QSfnS0r No.36609 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>36608
The other thing want you to pay 20 bucks, (which also requires an account of a sort) whichever is worse?

>What ever happened to people reading a fucking manual and going over production code?
"Web 2.0" happened.
Back in the 00s you were fine only knowing about 3-4 different technologies to get a decent paying job in the IT sector. If you knew the LAMP stack you were golden already. Today you need to know 30-40 technologies to get a similar job and reading up on the official documentation of all of those would take longer than some of those are are considered the state of the art. (I slightly exaggerated)

Perhaps it's also that SW development has become a normie job in a way, heck people learning it communicate over Facebook groups instead of IRC and you are considered a uber nerd already if you code for fun.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.