420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
A ridiculous sequence of courses by Doris Blatherstock - Sun, 04 Jun 2017 02:38:16 EST ID:HC1vVHLz No.37033 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1496558296564.jpg -(18091B / 17.67KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 18091
Hello, I made and actually did all this (including the 'grad level' research electives, except for the coding theory book)
https://functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/

It's easier than it looks, it took me 3 years to do that. I did it about 3-4 hrs a day at first but then everything kind of snowballed and I finished it with only 1hr a day after the first year. These days I'm finishing The Art of Computer Programming series, I'm done up to book 4A and doing 4B draft at the same time. I just do it 20-30mins a day.

I cannot shill TAOCP enough, it totally changed me from amateur to professional computer scientist by just doing hundreds and hundreds of exercises. 20mins a day, for one year, it's all you need for the first book. Anyway, pick and choose what you want from this list and enjoy

I make money from cloning shopify apps, and I work P/T on https://turtle.ai/ though much more infrequently these days. I started out shilling myself on elance (now "upwork") as a jr developer and literally taking jobs from 3rd world countries for less than I would spend on lunch. I also work 2 days a week at my local university doing "ML" (statistics) for a cancer research lab making peanuts but it's research, and fun to do, and I don't need the money. The book in that above link, "Parallel and Sequential Algorithms" was directly responsible for the lab hiring me. Anyway anons I'm here to tell you to try this have a good day.
>>
George Brublingway - Thu, 06 Jul 2017 09:14:17 EST ID:d05k9PWy No.37101 Ignore Report Quick Reply
l can't comment on the actual classes, but the quote about Newton reminded me of The Ignorant Schoolmaster by Jacques Rancière. I think you would like it.
>>
Thomas Buzzbanks - Thu, 06 Jul 2017 23:34:46 EST ID:g2PdyrbM No.37102 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37033
Anon, where do you frequent? I've been trying to hunt you down from stormfront /prog/.
>>
Augustus Murdspear - Sat, 08 Jul 2017 13:25:09 EST ID:H7cDawaz No.37107 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If you did it in three, I imagine it could be done it two if one maintained 4-5 hours daily? I'm at Valenza's Abstract Algebra book right now and it's difficult but ez at the same time. Love The Little Schemer/MLer. Anyway, thank you for creating it OP.
>>
Basil Divingtack - Sun, 09 Jul 2017 17:06:42 EST ID:GsJxTieM No.37108 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I was going to post a thread about potential programming certification and coding school programs that didnt involve throwing my money down the drain at a 4 year waste of time

while this is unaccredited, I guess I could do this for fun.

side question: recommend any coding schools?

are they worthless?
could I atleast get a entry level code monkey position?
>>
Charles Crickleman - Mon, 10 Jul 2017 20:29:55 EST ID:Ay6PEFuC No.37109 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37108
What do you mean code schools? Like programming boot camps? Most of those are legit, but you only get out what you put in and they're more about tools and concepts (e.g. for front/back end web development) than the basic skills that you need to be a decent programmer.
>>
Graham Himmerham - Tue, 11 Jul 2017 14:10:19 EST ID:MNLHjix1 No.37110 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37109
Okay, could you recommend any?
Anything to look out for?
>>
Polly Boddlelock - Wed, 19 Jul 2017 00:15:00 EST ID:9plGIS8Y No.37114 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Thanks for the curricula brah. Currently learning about learning. Real interesting stuff. I'm already a fast learner but maybe knowing how it works will help me git gud faster.
>>
Lydia Buzzcocke - Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:42:05 EST ID:hh4uYXvR No.37116 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37033
Thanks for the link, I could use a touch-up on specifically my math (esp. algrebra) and problem solving skills...

Lots of great reading in there. "Parallel and Sequential Algorithms" is really interesting

That's my summer vacation covered :-D
>>
Archie Fongerlodging - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 22:30:07 EST ID:eZVREo4y No.37120 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37033
Anon quit being a fag and mentor me on making money in crypto
>>
Shitting Chuzzledock - Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:30:31 EST ID:MNLHjix1 No.37156 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37033
Simeltaneously doing the "How to learn" Course paired with the introductory Programming Course. I gave the "How to learn" course a 2 week head start.

What I like about it so far
  1. I already know a lot about anatomy, physiology and how the brain functions
  2. I already habitiually do 30 min-1 hour habits on a daily basis (DuoLingo, Guitar, puzzles, reading...) so this is easy to adopt.

Wish me luck, as I delve into this new frontier of CS
>>
Phyllis Blythegold - Tue, 19 Sep 2017 23:42:40 EST ID:eZVREo4y No.37194 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37033
this was posted on my birthday

anyway, do you have a blog I could follow anywhere anon? all your recommendatiosn are always solid

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.