Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Developer at Amazon Video by Phyllis Gunderbare - Thu, 11 Jan 2018 21:01:01 EST ID:/G+nGQo2 No.37264 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1515722461566.jpg -(25399B / 24.80KB, 840x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 25399
I'm a developer at Amazon Video, ask me anything
>>
Caroline Fecklecocke - Thu, 11 Jan 2018 21:46:29 EST ID:Ach3S7Tm No.37265 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've heard nothing but bad things about Amazon as an employer. I don't have a question.
>>
Alice Hummerstut - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 01:44:28 EST ID:BW3MomrQ No.37266 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What do you specifically do on a day to day basis? What programs are you most often running and for what purposes?

How much effort do you guys put into content protection (such as HDCP) versus prioritizing working on improving customer-facing things?

Do you guys host Amazon Video out of the same datacenters that the public uses for public AWS nodes, or do you have special Amazon Video datacenters just for this?

How much hard disk space does Amazon's current video library take up?

Why is "Your Prime Video" separated from "Your Video Library" (this is always a usability thing that I run into - I'm looking for a video that I just purchased and I forget which category it shows up under, so I tend to have to look through both of them to find it...)?

It seems like the switching between HD and SD is automatic most of the time. Why did you guys choose to use this sort of a system (one that is automatic based on the empirically-measured bandwidth of the user while downloading the given video) versus something like what Youtube does where users can manually select between a bunch of different resolutions and frame rates? Is that a player limitation, a content limitation, or both?

What's the most interesting part of your day job?

What is the least interesting part of your day job?

What's the ballpark salary bracket that is most common for developers in your position at Amazon Video?

How much job mobility do you have within Amazon? Is it easy to move between teams and projects, or do they make you go through another fully-fledged interview like an outsider all over again?

What's one feature that you wish Amazon Video had that it doesn't have?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.