420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
transphobia by Isabella Danningstick - Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:48:12 EST ID:D27gVweR No.208297 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1501174092415.jpg -(15352B / 14.99KB, 532x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 15352
Why is there so much more visceral hatred of trans people than gay or bi people? I've noticed this for a while but comment sections of recent news articles really brought it to light. I keep seeing over and over again people saying stuff like "I don't mind gays but trans people are mentally ill blahblah SJWs something something free speech" and people making a million "logical" excuses as to why trans people shouldn't have certain rights that don't really make sense and do nothing to really hide their irrational contempt but why is that really? Is it just because trans people are more noticeable? Less physically appealing generally to most people? "Icky"? I feel like anti-SJW crusaders have made this the hill they want to die on and it doesn't make a lot of sense considering the amount of trans people in their own community is vastly higher than average.

Also while I don't think it matters to save us some posts on this incredibly slow board I'm neither trans nor gay and I don't really get on the liberal outrage train very often I'm just a mostly neutral, vaguely left-leaning party.
>>
Esther Crobbercocke - Thu, 27 Jul 2017 20:13:06 EST ID:7RQyvIWs No.208298 Ignore Report Quick Reply
uh its not that hard to figure out man. if two dicks touching each other upsets people, you really can't grasp why cutting off a dick and carving it into a vagina upsets people a little more viscerally?

its a combo of "abnormal" sexuality but also the drastic alteration of genitalia, the whole pronoun thing, picking a new name, a lot of people just find the whole thing mystifying. and if humans fear anything it is that which they do not understand. your average cis normie can comprehend gays without too much effort, but comprehending the choices and actions of a transsexual takes more effort and empathy.
>>
Jarvis Pickshit - Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:14:13 EST ID:UgAS1X+C No.208299 Ignore Report Quick Reply
memes commuting human nature to different points.

Different cultural scripts dictating different personal conflict that individuals use talent and subjectivity to get out of.

Plenty of republicans had to stand up for family and values without going bigoted or anti trans.

But cultural scripts can confound us. Philosophy once the gad fly prodding us into liberated thought weighs us down as well.

Allegorically though socrates demonstrates this in the end of his journey with the trial.

The key is after that many philosophers came about answering similar questions with great talent but it was incredibly difficult. Because they had to deal with thought in a literal way.

That's what it's like trying to be a creative type. Or a soul that loves communication. it's taking on a relation in a not so fun zon
>>
William Pockham - Sun, 30 Jul 2017 21:41:43 EST ID:TZJ9pn2C No.208311 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208297
it's a subconscious psychological threat to masculinity and a threat to masculinity is a threat to the social hierarchy. Homosexuality is as well but for the past ten years that slowly got accepted, all the hate against gays is just gettinng turned against transsexuals now.
>>
Albert Pittspear - Mon, 31 Jul 2017 01:13:34 EST ID:1kfT+DW9 No.208312 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1501478014709.jpg -(325267B / 317.64KB, 1000x1071) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I saw an "anti-sjw" transwoman basically say she misgenders other trans people because showing decency requires effort.

The whole "anti-sjw" philosophy I find to be mostly disingenuous. There are true believers among them, but most of the youtube set are just saying what they know gullible people want to hear, and even a guy like Mike "call everyone who disagrees with me a pedophile" Cernovich I think would have way less zeal if insecure men who have decided to blame all their problems "PC culture" weren't the perfect suckers for his poorly written self help books and snake oil supplements.

Transphobia is just another pillar of the status quo they can hold up while performing their mental gymnastics to some how see their actions as being rebellious.
>>
Walter Povingpack - Mon, 31 Jul 2017 03:46:43 EST ID:N0Eu5lTp No.208314 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Because society needs scapegoats so that when people realize how fucked a world (even personal world) they live in, they can distract themselves by pouncing on them and feel powerful. We're slowly taking them away, as the scapegoats are talking back: disabled people, blacks, women, gays, etc. What's left, besides trans and fat people? And what's going to happen when bullying is no longer available as a denial tool? Sex dolls, probably.
>>
Angus Sinderdit - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 15:51:59 EST ID:BM6m5aTl No.208326 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well, they could be seen as trying to redefine the concept of sex and gender into something many people would say it isn't to protect their feelings, then insisting others accept this new definition, which could build resentment. If they can't pass then they're likely to just not look like someone worthy of respect, and it might make them seem mentally disturbed.
If you see an MtF who despite their best efforts just looks like a manly dude in drag, it's hard not to see them as just some poor deluded man, whereas you might feel differently if you don't even notice they're not biologically female until they tell you.

I'm not really sure either of those issues would inspire vicious hatred though, just mild resentment over political correctness and difficulty genuinely respecting them, but not necessarily in treating them with basic decency.
>>
David Greenson - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 00:56:17 EST ID:Z08uqMmD No.208328 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208297

Well, a tranny is a person who wants to voluntarily mutilate their genitals and take hormones to make themselves look like the opposite gender. It is similar to Apotemnophilia which is the desire for the amputation of a limb. Both can be categorized under body integrity identity disorder as they both involve a mental state craving bodily mutilation.

At this point it isn't a sexual preference, it is a mental disorder.

I personally don't have a problem with trannys or people who have cut off their limbs on purpose, but to pretend that it's healthy to crave either is ridiculous. I don't hate these people, I just know that there is something wrong with their mental health. It isn't irrational contempt, it is intellectual honesty.

As far as limiting their rights, I believe that all people are entitled to the same rights across the board. However the mentally ill are mentally ill and should be subject to limitations based on their intellectual and emotional capacity.
>>
Betsy Snodway - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 02:23:38 EST ID:D27gVweR No.208329 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208328
>It is similar to Apotemnophilia

It's not at all though, it's a completely different disorder, with completely different causes. The most effective way of treating gender dysphoria in most people is HRT or SRS, and there's no reason it can't be utilized. You can't just cut off the limb of someone with apotemnophilia because there's no way to make that a safe procedure and it would be permanently debilitating

>pretend that it's healthy to crave either is ridiculous

No one's pretending gender dysphoria is "healthy" (to use the term as you use it). That's why it's in the DSM-5, the push you might perceive as "normalizing" mental illness is really just trying to humanize the mentally ill, in particular I found it striking that you said:

>However the mentally ill are mentally ill and should be subject to limitations based on their intellectual and emotional capacity

Which seems to demonstrate a lack of understanding of how mental illness works and how we should deal with it as a society. You seem to imply people who are mentally ill are inherently intellectually or emotionally stunted which isn't true but more importantly I'd be interested in knowing what limitations other than the ones given to them by their mental illness we should be imposing on the mentally ill? Obviously people who can't live independently because of some issue can't, and people who aren't fit to drive, operate heavy machinery, or own weapons shouldn't but I think the fact you left that so vague would indicate you believe the mentally to be people to be dealt with in the most efficient manner possible regardless of the personal rights you might afford "normal" people because it would require extra effort to elevate mentally ill citizens to the level of their peers.
>>
David Greenson - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 03:40:18 EST ID:Z08uqMmD No.208330 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208329

I was being vague because there are a variety of mental illnesses that have a variety of impairments, and I didn't want to say "ability to join the military," since that's what we're talking about here.

You insinuated that I believe that the mentally ill are below value in comparison to mentally healthy individuals. I believe that all individuals have equal rights except when those rights may cause harm to others. It would be in the best interest of the whole if violent people did not have access to weapons, narcoleptics didn't have drivers licences, and psychotics weren't left unsupervised.

I'm done addressing your strawman.

While body mutilation may be an effective treatment for GID, I don't understand why it should be treated differently from BIID. Whether or not the root cause is different, both result in the permanent loss of bodily function. I suppose that permanent reproductive loss could be considered non-debilitating, but self mutilation is self mutilation.

I would also like to point out that limb amputation is probably an effective treatment for apotemnophilia, and that drawing the line for amputation at the genitals is unfair and discriminatory towards apotemnophiliacs.

In any case, I wouldn't trust a person intent on self mutilation and actively altering their hormones/body chemistry to be able to make rational decisions in a combat environment, nor would I trust them with sensitive information.
>>
Lydia Blatherbury - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 07:55:06 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208331 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208329
It's healthy and it's not.

It's as healthy as the need to be authentic. Which can also lead people to suicide.

But yet was the number one inspiration means against suicide as well.

A search for purpose can still go on, a search for existence can still go on regardless of how far away it seems from reach.

Eventually you find that in authenticity, what once crippled you anxiety and dramtized you in adolescence.

The turbulence becomes apart of the weather, you're choices of millions become perceptible, and you feel human value/s, qulia, so many things that are questioned, problematized, and intangible through your own possibility and your own intangible

finding out your a woman as a man, and a man as a woman. Is also part of that but it's secretly an issue of self determinancy
>>
Betsy Snodway - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 14:40:04 EST ID:D27gVweR No.208332 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208330
>I wouldn't trust someone who does something I don't deem to be acceptable with doing something completely unrelated to their condition

Where is the concrete evidence that trans people shouldn't be trusted to make rational decisions or hold secrets? What specifically makes them incapable? You can't just go off of feelings and hunches when you're talking about peoples' rights.
>>
David Greenson - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 18:17:27 EST ID:Z08uqMmD No.208333 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208332

Bradley Manning.
>>
Alice Shittinghall - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 18:28:55 EST ID:lPajOC8h No.208334 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208333
Anecdotal. There are plenty of leakers who aren't trannies and plenty of trannies working in the government who aren't leakers. Also you can argue that people who leak info the public has a right to know are patriots. Try again.
>>
Reuben Billywill - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 21:11:05 EST ID:B8uhe8Qm No.208335 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208328
>equating Apotemnophilia with transgenderism.
This is why people laugh at and are horrified by the alt-right.
>>
Doris Brashgold - Sat, 05 Aug 2017 03:56:28 EST ID:Z08uqMmD No.208336 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208334

The military tranny community is a small population in the first place, so I'm working with limited figures here.

>>208335

>alt-right

Nice buzzwords you SJW white apologist stallion-lord hipster trash.
>>
Reuben Billywill - Sat, 05 Aug 2017 04:12:21 EST ID:B8uhe8Qm No.208337 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208336
well done dodging the point with irony, m80.
>>
Doris Brashgold - Sat, 05 Aug 2017 12:47:33 EST ID:Z08uqMmD No.208338 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208337

What point? I thought we were saying things that mean nothing.

Also to expand on what I was saying, there is a limited population size of transgendered in the military which means one of two things:

1.) There needs to be a larger population size before drawing conclusions
2.) Bradley Manning is an excellent example of the transgendered community and their emotional shortcomings

If case 1, then I doubt we will ever know, without reasonable doubt, whether or not the transgendered are emotionally stable enough for service; I doubt a tranny corps will ever exist.

If case 2, then Bradley Manning is a significant sample of the transgendered community and should be used as measure to show the transgendered as a higher risk group of individuals in emotional instability and inability to safe-guard intelligence information.
>>
Phyllis Fanway - Sat, 05 Aug 2017 15:33:57 EST ID:4+oWREai No.208339 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208297
Simply speaking, it's based on ignorance. Just as being against homosexuality was based on ignorance. It took decades for gays to gain more acceptance over time because the degree of understanding increased. That same degree of understanding doesn't apply to Transgenderism because it hasn't been a part of the public discussion as long.

Trans are now, what gays were back then. You don't need to overthink this. It's not really that complicated.

Also, going back to homosexuality, many don't like gays because of the promiscuity stereotype. Again, based on ignorance rather than understanding.

A study showing that since Homosexuals have greater risk factor involvement explaining the HIV rate differential between sexual orientations. Risk variables, not promiscuity is the cause of high HIV rates among MSM:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4096799/

Study showing a link between public perception of homosexuals being promiscuous with opposition to gay rights:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0178534

At the end of the day, it's plain ole' fashioned ignorance. Same reasons why people are against vaccinations, GMOs, climate-change denialists, et al.
>>
Clara Hebberhet - Sat, 05 Aug 2017 21:07:41 EST ID:ctvShMjA No.208340 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208338
>What point?
>equating Apotemnophilia with transgenderism.
>>
Lydia Bunkinshit - Sun, 06 Aug 2017 01:29:36 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208341 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208336
if there is an sjw, then perhaps you are stuck in contempary values, when seeing ethics and society.

Transgender is not new, it's old. thinking it's a condition or a disease is more of a modern hysteria reacting to the some idea that the world is the press, that is severly against the press.

Despite the movements that are new there subjects and remotely there objects are old.

The idea of a man who is a woman, and a woman who is a man. Is an old human feeling.

You are as mentally unsound in this belief as being the kid in a community that is amish who feels in his heart he could grow up to be a game designer.

We knew of them in stories and popular culture quite accessibly as far as number one hits like lola and get back in the sixties. It was a huge part of punk rock, disco, and the seventies in general.

it makes it's way into stimga because we can juxtapose this position of wanting to live with the fear of surgery or going under the knife. The idea that i would do something that radical makes its way into human drama and storytelling.

And it tends to become a metaphor for human politics itself discussed by many people not even remotely transgender-transexual. If you were to look at that you could easily see how gender really is a sociological phenomonen on the scale of robert gibson and philip k dick. Because essentially and entire conversation about something relating to our nation and society is centering around it for remote substance and mass communication.

It's people talking as if people changing their gender changes the fabric of society itself in such a way that implies interconnectedness to other people's independent choices even more than the belief that they question on the surface. Which is that this is a social issue, that gender is a social construction. So much so that it heightens to security and safety, and other examples of gender, as if there was a form or nebulus connecting them all.

It's somewhat what we learned through barthes and focualt. There is a norm, there are people walking around in conation so thoroughly that they don't bother to denote anything that they seem a walking ad because there argument implies the thing they are so against that subtextually. To put it in jungian terms, it's how everything looks when a political spirit of the times takes roots and divides everything into single digit teams and sides.

the shadow gets so dense we can almost see how we are actually having a conversation about an older issue we are working out through our projection while cloaked, because the older societal trauma is that deep.

We got that repressed on good and bad, that we are having this dialouge completely within that projection of those qualities on others that are more and more virtual.

The irony being thick enough that we could say we are having this public discourse in psychological drag.

those values and qualities that we block get so removed from us we miss parts of our intellect. and even names literal denotations. We can't remember them except for our opposition to them things like Plagiarism, collective thought, trans, these are essential parts of thought that we know remotely in western thought through there shared tangents with inspiration, collaboration, and authentic identity.

But even with those values we don't recognize synthesis/familiarity/dialectic, shared identity, and liberated sexuality.

Punishement and sexuality, and punishement in discipiline are that tied to heavy thoughts that obstruct open mind and cognitive learning, because we have demons for whatever time period we took public stigmitizing and humiliation as nightmare scenarios.

so often as person i find myself backed into a corner, and as a society finding myself with some corner to yell at.

Those are all really trenchant metaphors for punishments we got as kids, that weren't effective and were about the idea of exile and people disliking you.

Those became so outrageous they often became lenses that didn't see society sharing those qualities and how those qualities were often good productive meanings.

It's suprising because america's peak creativities historically revolve around iconclastic expressions and ideals or being in the wave of one, usually with the disfranchesed finding a union or synthesis melting pot of ideas of coming together that would give us a new philosophical horizon.

However we never get this idea into education. So we as a society never become more creative study the parrellels in physical expression of bohemians and hippies, the constant tradition of perjorative terms being turned by the people into liberative terms through understanding of rhetorical signification in critical talking like yankee doodle dandy, suffragette, and others. And as a result as an individual when we get stigmatized and picked on, we don't ever get past it without severe learning of a side of education that has been left out of the curriculum because essentially it was always being projected on the other side of town. Which is hard for us to understand with our missing conceptual understanding of relativity and how that's a shifting reality, which we had scientifically done at the turn of the last century.

We don't get we were comfortable with spanish when we were using aye carumba with bart simpson, we don't get that we were hyper stimulated by interchangibility and synchronization of culture through pastische and synthetic non analytic construction as kids through the power rangers and saban. And we don't get that that idea is the identical zeitgest to the recycling movement that was so ubiquitous at that time.

That thought is plagiaristic false winning you didn't earn your acceptance sjw.

When in reality it's about the recognition and use of everything you are and have around you. It's a whole side of your mind that's fertive and ironically conserving, that we black ball out of proclivity, because we think it's to mass communication. That it prevents indivduality and is the reason people don't work.

Well as long as we project it on the russians, in an inverse rheotric and distinct logic it is.

People out of self preservation will feel odd thinking they have to earn things from people they already have, that are put in hostage mode to prevent other things from being earned, because they still operate the idea of themselves as removed from the process through some layer of community that doesn't suffer. That by playing this way they play hide and seek without ever leaving home.

Except instead of being that cool guy who realizes he can take homebase with him in a wagon and help everyone. You know like buddha or jesus, they still do the thing where they try to keep you from home, in terms of trying to take yours or keep you out of one you are on your way too.

So you know until that day comes when you realize that existence is not all messed up because of a man who is a woman, and that the tyrannical "soccer" invasion of the nineties was actually decent.

You're gonna keep excluding people on some level of connatation whether literal or not that causes some problem because it's still the norm.
>>
Clara Hebberhet - Sun, 06 Aug 2017 09:09:50 EST ID:ctvShMjA No.208343 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502024990819.jpg -(9352B / 9.13KB, 183x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208341
>>
Jarvis Bleddlemire - Sun, 06 Aug 2017 14:21:32 EST ID:VQ1c6Oy1 No.208344 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208343
I'm glad friends is still a thing.
>>
Caroline Birringson - Tue, 08 Aug 2017 18:38:14 EST ID:Z08uqMmD No.208346 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208341

tl;dr

you win
>>
Fanny Gandershit - Tue, 08 Aug 2017 23:31:11 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208347 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208346

well i'm not trapped in a meme of abbrieviations with semi colons about assumed attitudes. But slow thought is often best bet for a cautionary subject, like contemplating how your longterm social thought isn't you.

Later on in life you'll be plenty haunted by legacy to wonder which thought is you.
>>
Fanny Gandershit - Tue, 08 Aug 2017 23:41:17 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208348 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208347
lespecially because it's self memory and the subject as object with pointing to the elusive subject of influence and correlation in shared subjective and objective communication.
>>
Clara Weffingshaw - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 00:13:52 EST ID:Fmljrjw2 No.208350 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502252032007.jpg -(88123B / 86.06KB, 720x686) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208348
you and youre fucking shitposts, Fanny, fuck you!
>>
Fanny Gandershit - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 07:41:20 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208352 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208350
that's memory you still have to search the categories even though it's immensely enfuriating.

It's like finding chuck mangione actually behind the towels.

Needless to say you finally got through to me in this post.
>>
Martha Nocklemen - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 10:07:22 EST ID:vJOwXLxB No.208353 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502287642299.jpg -(90651B / 88.53KB, 650x650) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208352
>>
Fanny Gandershit - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 11:40:33 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208354 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208353
is a horse the next member on the evolutionary chain?

the memes go down and scale the previous burt and ernie one was good, but it's an exception to this image and ross from friends.

i'm sure the conversational attitude of i'm doing it best is not intended from the people who post you're doing it worst. but at some point the intention doesn't matter if they all exist at critical glare. Unless the speaker is stating that being in the position is description enough for the situation or hub bub being lampooned, but in a way that still suggests they think they could never be in this position.

Did anyone think that the rapid conclusions projected on writers and speakers was a good idea for a meme/imageboard/chang/internet culture that in 2017 pertains itself to be all about cbs theory and not the cryptic i'm being insincere pov of the past.
>>
Fanny Snodspear - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 11:59:27 EST ID:P+7faq3c No.208356 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502294367675.png -(226396B / 221.09KB, 424x318) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208354
>>
Fanny Gandershit - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 12:45:05 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208357 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208356
thank you for illustrating the point visually.

You can see in the example of stormy here, a depiction of something that represents the collective chaining of idea in a thread, around a moment/instance/person/idea etc all. In this case a person. In the past where the identity of that thought was cryptic or vague and constantly selecting over itself moments when it was sincere or insincere or provactive rhetorically to prove some point that it may or may not have sincerely achieved this made sense.

However when the shift from ideas like "for great justice" and "for the lols" which were often expressed as knowingly or baroquely costumed to literal internet justice and actual clear brief and sincere theory.

Stormy know longer appears on every occasion to be saying nonsensical gibberish from a nonsensical or non sequitur place. It doesn't even seem to suggest the sensical non sequitur that gave the thought it's efficacy. Because it's literally a proponent of the logical cbs theory.

Weighing down the ability to thread a thought with logical breaks with connections that are baroquely made often through exaggeration inherent vaguary, good nonsense, and connections that aren't logically made. The same way most good jokes work.

The mainstreaming of it so it can be used as a more regular tool for fast communication which is cbs ironically hurt it's actual credbility, because there are no lines with odd spaces much less the threads that wove through them.
>>
Albert Fishnurk - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 00:58:01 EST ID:P+7faq3c No.208359 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502341081921.jpg -(41592B / 40.62KB, 519x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208357
>>
Samuel Bunham - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 12:56:36 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208361 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208359
Alot of the you're in bad health because of your posts is disturbing too, even though it comes from some place and this picture offers a supportive touch and very comforting touch. Some are like the go home you're drunk non literal, and some become increasingly concrete in there assumptions.
>>
Wesley Dendlestone - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 20:40:33 EST ID:t9tUZilr No.208363 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502412033872.jpg -(7514B / 7.34KB, 256x175) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208361
>>
Wesley Bunway - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 21:22:02 EST ID:aX2KHzGI No.208364 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208363
At this point I could have been ob confused as to who is who and what is what and which is which.
>>
Eliza Fanforth - Fri, 11 Aug 2017 09:44:27 EST ID:plK4RKYM No.208365 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502459067470.png -(28922B / 28.24KB, 186x208) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208364
>>
Charles Faddleshit - Sat, 12 Aug 2017 00:18:15 EST ID:qum7+esS No.208366 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208297
I think it's because most trans people really are mentally ill and the problem is socially normalizing a self destructive decision to undergo surgery and chop of bits or add bits to your body and take hormones which alter your appearance and personality.

Lots of people who decide to transition just do so because they feel like something is wrong with them, they don't fit in, they're different and they want to be accepted and coddled by people who will call them brave and instantly accept them into their social circle for their differentness. Not all of them are actually trans, in fact these people are in the minority. When you give someone hormones and surgery to fix a problem, you had damn make sure these people actually have the problem and that this will fix it, otherwise you're just turning them into a freak and they will go through life easily identifiable to everyone as a freak and if and when their support system falls apart they're going to kill themselves. It happens all the time.
>>
Jack Gimmlesid - Sat, 12 Aug 2017 00:31:53 EST ID:T7Wzpddk No.208367 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208366
Agree with what you said. Just to echo with my own datapoints
In 2nd hand contact with someone going through a transition (1 data point). Extensive hormone use has either exacerbated or caused serious mental health issues for said individual.

There is a reason suicide rates for trans people is so high. Its no joke
>>
Betsy Drorryspear - Sat, 12 Aug 2017 00:45:31 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208368 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208366
Except it's way older than that and the surgery and medicine is illustrative as your argument.
>>
Esther Durringway - Sat, 12 Aug 2017 04:06:15 EST ID:805FeSBo No.208369 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Most people dont give a fuck about gender issues.

What angers me is that much of the political sphere is based on gender issues when it should be based on class issues such as unemployment, lending practices, taxes etc.

So the media fills the communication arena with these non-issues that are important but not aa important. Society needs to get its priority right and quite frankly the social justice warriors arent helping because they arent aware of this game theyre playing.
>>
Jarvis Pattingcocke - Sat, 12 Aug 2017 10:11:28 EST ID:gtiC6Zs+ No.208370 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502547088561.gif -(815914B / 796.79KB, 400x474) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208366
you've got it ass backwards. You're a serious fucking idiot if you honestly think trans people are mentally ill. Don't you realise there have been trans people for millenia before there was any kind of surgery involved?
> don't fit in, they're different and they want to be accepted and coddled by people who will call them brave and instantly accept them into their social circle for their differentness. Not all of them are actually trans, in fact these people are in the minority. When you give someone hormones and surgery to fix a problem, you had damn make sure these people actually have the problem and that this will fix it, otherwise you're just turning them into a freak and [...]
> It happens all the time.
citation needed
>>
Betsy Drorryspear - Sat, 12 Aug 2017 15:51:40 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208371 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208369
Iconoclastic roots was how America progressed there being suppressed because that tendency once had a phobia of thinking it had become too big. And thinking it got a big head.
>>
Hugh Farringdock - Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:03:06 EST ID:qum7+esS No.208375 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208370
There's a difference between people who actually are transgender and people who aren't but want to change their gender anyway. I know actual transgender people exist but the massive increase in the numbers of so called transgender people now is not due to an increase in actual transgender people, it's due to an increase in mental illness that people try to fix by changing their social identity. You have people in their 20's now suddenly realizing that they totes must actually be a girl or a boy. That's not how it works. If you were actually trans you would have always known that your sex did not match your gender. The people who suddenly decide that they're trans are usually just riding high off the social acceptance they get by coming out to blindly supportive leftist groups who worship the ground trannies walk on and instantly take them under their wing and make them feel special and accepted which is all they really wanted. People are trying to fix loneliness, low self esteem, feeling different/like an outcast by changing their gender and having people support them, not trying to fix the gender of their brain not matching the sex of their body.
>>
Hugh Farringdock - Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:05:50 EST ID:qum7+esS No.208376 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208368
Well, the concept of hegemonic masculinity and hatred of anything abnormal pretty much cover it up until recently. It's not like it was a hot button topic until recently though, people just pretty much ignored it unless they were confronted with it. They dynamics have changed recently, as have the numbers of people identifying as trans.
>>
Cedric Sanderstock - Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:59:26 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208377 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208376
on the contraire, it's perhaps true that we were less insular. It was quite a known subject.

Alow me to use a metaphor, when we see a remote view that despite are differences creates an awareness of likeness it usually happens like the beatles.

The beatles didn't think everyone had to be the same, nor did they think everything was always the same everywhere in every way, but they also did often give detailed accounts of the past and noticed changes in the music climate, sometimes percieved ones that hadn't yet happened.

These often led to their greatest successes.

And also comparisons. For they were also once forged out of a similar public perception that got them rejected from i believe delta.

It wouldn't be that transvestite culture was never there much like the guitar group it reexploded and experienced an expansion that creates a newness on the political spectrum that itself has age old issues and memories.

Rupual was a hit show, back when mtv was ubiqtous, cher, donna summer, the rocky horror picture show, the drag queen itself, elmer fudd wearing garters...the list goes on.

So while it's odd to argue how we now public awareness by the acknowledgement of it as a phenomenon we can explore it's documents. We can at least know from this vantage point that whatever public awareness is and that it may like the nielson box not always line up perfectly with eyes and where they are pointed that it did exist in this phenomonen as complex and contradictory as fame and acceptance are hard to pin down, there easy to notate.
>>
Cedric Sanderstock - Sun, 13 Aug 2017 15:06:44 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208378 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208377
People found rock n roll. People found rock n roll again. Artists who hadn't played it since there youth reconnected with there youth as roots. It's ethos then made it's way into poetry and folk. The concept of your youth being your actual past in the same since that ancient people talked to there ancestors, made it into america's fufillment in self and identity.

Many people found acceptance and belonging in it, many people found it helped lift repression.

Many people searching for acceptance looked there, and found it.

So it happens all the time.

They had the same ideas of hip and square which in the seventies became more of an issue as in punk, often explaining so stringently what it took to have integrity and an increasingly trenchant and not even agreed upon in name musical life it often sounded on some outsets because of the deep questioning of authenticity of self and others like it was anti punk.

Like integrity and self recognition were side by side with battles of self esteem and your direct opposition.

That's what the climate is like now.
>>
Shitting Cundernit - Mon, 14 Aug 2017 09:06:55 EST ID:wHhTFxph No.208381 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208375
What the fuck is your source? you may have watched too much south park to realise mr garrison isnt real or representative of transgenders...
>>
Thor07834 - Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:11:29 EST ID:tZO25Yzk No.208383 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I heard a shrink explain that "sex is between you legs and gender is between your ears". Most people believe that is you look like a duck, etc., etc. that it has to be a duck. In humans we all fall along the continuum of straight on one side, gay on the other. But Bi- sits between those two points. All of us fall somewhere along the continuum. I believe that people are terrified to admit exactly where they rest on the line. As a result you have stupid people who believe they are either 100% straight or 100% gay. Not true, and remember all embryos start off female. Hormones change everything along the nine months. Try to sell that to the Mormons.
>>
Hannah Turveyworth - Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:01:34 EST ID:+oDzYIVl No.208384 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208383
well i understand people can fear categories. Categories being imposed upon us often makes us act incredibly awkward. Somewhat like new situations. But situations are often fine but categories while often most sought after because when we categorize we often specialize. But in a long situation or even anight out a group or situation imposing categories implies we might have to struggle to endeavor in a long night. Just like getting relegated to a certain duty at a job dramatically specializes but potentially narrows the field.

However you need the detail of the the method you work out of. And the category and organization you use.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.