420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Schools turned into psychic-wards by Childfree 4life - Fri, 28 Jul 2017 05:24:38 EST ID:wN9L5jv0 No.208300 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1501233878679.jpg -(20439B / 19.96KB, 590x350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 20439
What the fuck is wrong with children at schools nowadays?!

It turned really to the worse!

Learned it the hard way during an internship:

Children don't learn any essential behavioral patterns anymore. 90% are getting their educational input by some arsehole youtuber and the parents just don't care.

So the teacher has too often the role of educating these hellspawns in basic social-skills!

Too often I hear stupid parents say shit like "we were bad in school too! We did also pull pranks and were disrespectfull" (best if done in hearing-range of their hellspawn!)

but I dare you to visit a regular school or Campus these days: There is a difference between smoking in secret at the restrooms or attacking teachers with scissors (and beeing a disrespectful cunt in general)
>>
Priscilla Pizzlefuck - Fri, 28 Jul 2017 07:08:53 EST ID:N0Eu5lTp No.208301 Ignore Report Quick Reply
There's a difference between attacking your friends and attacking a person that wants to get your obedience through threats like a teacher. It's always been the situation, sure, but are you really judging the refusal to blindly obey as things getting worse?

If you talk about small children obviously. No one forces you to go to university..

Also, parents are often like small children with dogs, they have one without thinking twice about the costs.. Not only money, but time, energy, mental energy, etc. The parents just want someplace where their children can fuck off for a few hours. Education's always been secondary.
>>
Geronimo Clsuster - Fri, 28 Jul 2017 07:20:30 EST ID:wN9L5jv0 No.208302 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1501240830163.jpg -(95791B / 93.55KB, 832x551) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208301
in my experience students don't attack teachers that want to teach through obedience,
they attack the "weakest" and "nicest" teachers, literally rip them apart mentally!

Schools are getting more like prisons now,
but I am not surprised when I see how these mindless morons are behaving.

Teachers have to take up the slag that parents won't do,
so beeing a teacher in 2017 just sucks balls!

Children and teenagers are stupid by default. Nothing makes sense these (idiots) do, you can't reason with them.
>>
Priscilla Pizzlefuck - Fri, 28 Jul 2017 07:37:33 EST ID:N0Eu5lTp No.208303 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208302
>in my experience students don't attack teachers that want to teach through obedience,
they attack the "weakest" and "nicest" teachers, literally rip them apart mentally!

That's also true. You're right.

>Schools are getting more like prisons now

They always were. Maybe not to this extent, but the structure is designed like it. It was only a matter of time.

>Children and teenagers are stupid by default. Nothing makes sense these (idiots) do, you can't reason with them.

Maybe because "reasoning with someone" is and has always been a thinly veiled synonym of "ordering someone around". That's why these kids are getting crazy, no one is trying to communicate with them and listening to them. Which for a lot of people was mostly done for making them stay quiet. Now they have tablets for that, and communication doesn't happen. Also, talking about a parent's failings is taboo, and here it is, "unexplainable" phenomenons, it must be the fault of <insert new technology/trend/food here>

What we're seeing imo is the manifestation of the disparity between kids from people that regret their decision but aren't able to abandon them due to social stigma (and inadequate alternatives, like orphanages), and kids from people that actually care about their kids' future/health/independence.

Also, about the pic, both scenarios make me cringe. Why shouldn't you doubt the judgement of the teachers? They're complete unknowns with a great power over your kid's future. I'd want to make sure they know what the hell they're doing. On the other hand, just assuming is the teacher's fault is dumb as well. In a way, the pic shows that parents have always been unthinking morons, it's just that they switched sides now.
>>
Nathaniel Dremblehall - Fri, 28 Jul 2017 08:27:18 EST ID:8gq7GAVV No.208304 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Why is this on /pss/? Take it to /qq/ faggot.
>>
Nell Brookridge - Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:58:32 EST ID:1kfT+DW9 No.208305 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Down with homework? Imma rite or wut?
>>
Betsy Pipperwell - Fri, 28 Jul 2017 10:52:06 EST ID:U0zWeJ1m No.208306 Ignore Report Quick Reply
When I was in 3rd grade I was punished for bad grades and at one point even spanked by a teacher, and my mother approved of it. I didnt think of it much back than other than "What a bunch of assholes" but looking back it helped me grow.

Punishment at schools is needed. I never once talked back to teachers or peers, but I did misbehaved through out middle school for talking and was sent to stand outside and I knew what I did was wrong. The school system dont need cops on campus, what they need is discipline and parents are the ones who are the biggest culprits because they refuse to take responsibility for their shitty children.
>>
Walter Mondleford - Fri, 28 Jul 2017 18:43:06 EST ID:YXMsMuFM No.208307 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208306

I heard from my ma' that people who talked when they weren't supposed to got a ripe smack and two. Dragged after their hairs too.

Now today I think things have slid way to much on the other side. Teachers not even able to lay a fucking hand on their students by law? WOW GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CLASS.

Discipline requires respect, which means that the classroom needs this interplay of students respecting the teacher's authority while seeing the teacher as a neutral ground. This is not achieved by requiring teachers to be total pussies, neither in the case of them being fucking fuhrers of the classroom.
>>
Polly Nuddlekock - Sat, 29 Jul 2017 12:46:39 EST ID:UgAS1X+C No.208308 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208306
it won't help you in the real world, unless you are already incredibly goal oriented.

Punishment in so far as your environmental gestalt and reality is functioning makes marginal sense.

However you realize that when you get a job you're superiors are the same people, it holds you back or makes you a target.

It takes suffering and keeping in mind your goal to continue on a discipline, and it takes your own discipline to make recieved disciplines work half the time. Unless they are handing down an art, or profession, being a good student in the world is half the time deceptive to the part of you that thinks the rest of the world has there stuff together.
>>
Lydia Nickleham - Sat, 29 Jul 2017 21:02:41 EST ID:N0Eu5lTp No.208309 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208306

How did it help you grow, exactly? What part of it do you think was beneficial? Aren't you simply justifying the actions of your teacher while downplaying the role that your own personal sense of right and wrong had, because it's easier to remember the event as something useful, instead of the painful affair that it was, complete with parental abandonment and all?
>>
Polly Bruckledale - Sun, 30 Jul 2017 12:44:51 EST ID:AAFSm0ZY No.208310 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Eh, I graduated high school 4 years ago. In my experience every problem just went straight to the on campus police. So nobody really did anything because you'd be slapped with misdemeanor after misdemeanor for literally anything.

Basically it was just a place to stand in line for 50 minutes every morning going through a metal detector, then sit in class on your phone for an hour each and then lunch made from cardboard and then sit on your phone for another 2-3 classes. Then leave. Maybe in the meanwhile you had a test that got curved unbelievably far so that a dumbfuck like myself made nothing but A's and the school campus cops would just look at you like you're shit and dare you to doing anything other than bow your head and shuffle off.

Overall, it wasn't miserable, it wasn't fun, it wasn't really anything. It was just boring. And I honestly doubt our parents had it much better as far as education went. Because my parents, everyone around them, and everyone older than them are just self-righteous idiots. While everyone my age and younger are narcissistic idiots. So I don't really care about the education system. If anything it is a good thing because it sucks your life force out of you and prepares you for the 9-5 drudgery and neighbor envy so that you keep buying fancier shit so you die working and in debt. Plus, the security cameras in every room, hall, field, and janitor closet along with dick rentacops prepares you for what the normal world is now, which is cameras, mass surveillance, and an existence where everything you do, ever is monitored.

Given the circumstances, I think schools do a decent job at preparing kids for the "real world." School is *shit* and the world is *shit.* Go pat yourself on the back. And get back to work so you can afford that Crysler 300 we told you to buy!
>>
Fanny Fanman - Mon, 31 Jul 2017 01:49:22 EST ID:7RQyvIWs No.208313 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i remember once in junior high school a jolly punched me in the chest because he thought i was cutting him in line when i wasnt. i literally looked at him in confusion for about 2 seconds and said what the fuck before some overzealous teacher lunged over and barked OKAY BOYS YOU ARE GOING TO THE OFFICE WITH ME LETS GO, long story short we both got a day of in-school suspension (sit in a room and do fuck-all) because the school had a zero tolerance policy on fighting. all i did was be confused after getting a smack and i got punished. the vice principal even admitted it was wrong but just herp derped about zero tolerance. so i learned if anyone ever touches me again, retaliate.
>>
Molly Fillyson - Mon, 31 Jul 2017 14:42:04 EST ID:q4aiqGlQ No.208315 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208309
It helped me in the sense that I need to take responsibility for my own actions. Miss bahaving and punishment go hand in hand people need to be punished for they do wrong, that is the rule of law and why it's in place.
>>
Nicholas Droblingdure - Tue, 01 Aug 2017 01:51:36 EST ID:N0Eu5lTp No.208316 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208315

You haven't really given me the how, though, which is what I asked..
>>
Sophie Banderway - Wed, 02 Aug 2017 05:16:17 EST ID:9MuVP7BI No.208318 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What are you talking about OP.

You go to any private school, and the way the students behave is 100% different. The public schools are different, because you can be a deadbeat piss of shit and have your son get an education for free, with other offspring of pieces of shit. I often went from public to private and the difference was huge.

Good teachers don't want to teach in the ghetto.
>>
Priscilla Hallerdutch - Wed, 20 Sep 2017 00:49:21 EST ID:wxBgTiLc No.208422 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208318

But, teachers want money and benefits. At least in the US, public school teachers (generally speaking) get paid more. So unless you are teaching at a top notch school (and even then, i have no idea what you are paid there), you are likely making less than the shit bags at a decent local district.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2014/article/teacher-staffing-and-pay-differences.htm
>>
Nell Brookville - Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:52:41 EST ID:4+oWREai No.208424 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Do you have any studies showing that this is worsening or is it anecdotal interpretation? I'd imagine that every generation said this about their young generations. Going all the way back to ancient Roman times, people have stated that today's youth are disobedient and have no discipline and that things are getting bad.
>>
Nell Brookville - Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:05:54 EST ID:4+oWREai No.208425 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208424
Also, the difference between now and decades ago, is that everyone now records a portable camcorder. Anyone can capture video. Because of this, we get to see far more instances of disobedient school children than ever before, giving the impression that things are getting worse.

Back then, much of this would be kept between a small group and most likely kept hush hush, so word of this behavior was far less frequent. And when people did hear of it, it was spread throughout small communities and it would be their problem.

Technology just gives us a window into what has always existed at abundance.
>>
Jenny Nallerbatch - Tue, 03 Oct 2017 23:08:12 EST ID:mecsaw4X No.208454 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208302
>schools are like prisons

Anyone else notice a common monotone in any institution that has a large amount of federal/state regulation?
>>
Martha Sonninglit - Thu, 05 Oct 2017 11:34:35 EST ID:DFTVqR4A No.208456 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208454
>White cinderblock walls.
>Same food supplier of barely edible mush.
>Cheapest tile floors.
>Tile grid ceiling.
>Narrow windows.
>Cameras with full coverage of everything but the restrooms.
>Green metal doors.
>Metal detectors at the main entrance.
>All other exterior doors locked.
>Fire, tornado, active shooter, flood plan on every door.

Yep, basically everything about every government building that doesn't control the budget is the same. But god forbid you go to the people who control the spending for whatever part. They got marble walls, floors, ceilings and a snack bar always stocked right beneath the golden glass chandelier.
>>
Albert Pickshaw - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:03:15 EST ID:8GtexCy/ No.208460 Ignore Report Quick Reply
im surprised no one has commented on

>psychic wards

personally i think cultivating the psychic potential of our children is a good thing, bending spoons n shit
>>
Alice Blummerlun - Tue, 17 Oct 2017 01:32:40 EST ID:w9KFVcbk No.208464 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You have never been to a psych ward. That shit is frustratingly orderly, especially to a disorderly mind. The guy that is super nuts is usually followed by a big male nurse. (a lot of male nurses do psych). If there is a fight there are big guys to stop it and a working protocol. They have seen everything and I think nothing would surprise anyone who worked in one. If school was like a psych ward I would say that it would be an improvement in terms of no bullshit. But I believe parents would complain if their aggressive child got a syringe full of Thorazine. But I'm just shitposting here to brake the root of your premise. kids are always disorderly and annoying especially one class size goes from 20 to 1 to 30 to 1 or even 35+ kids to one adult. Think about that its tough. Especially with new protocols such as wait 5 minutes for the kids to fight eachother until the cop is allowed to break them up. Maybe even slap some wrists. Its not a winning institution. A psych ward does it's fucking job. Even though psych wards mostly consist of people failing at suicide or told the wrong person they want to off themselves, they've seen footage. nb
>>
Shitting Callybat - Sat, 28 Oct 2017 19:14:23 EST ID:XU0wBvEL No.208483 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My parents sat me down in front of a computer and told me not to bother them. At the time, I was 4 or 5 and my father thought I was weak and didn't want to talk to me while my mother just wanted to pray all the time. I didn't learn from Youtubers at the time (because Youtube wasn't popular until another 5 years) nor did I learn from people I knew at school because my parents kept me secluded from others claiming that they were people possessed with demons and we shouldn't talk to them.
In that case, I didn't learn any social skills. Whenever I talk, my parents would tell me to shut up and to only talk unless being asked to be talked to. And then I switched schools constantly because my parents believed everyone at my schools were demons and needed to get me out of them.
Along came one school where the teachers were worried that I wouldn't talk and told my parents I could have autism. They got me out of that school as well.
It was a neverending pattern of me not allowed to be around people and never learning socialization that well and easily the best people I can socialize around are people who also didn't learn socialization that well.
As for the violent tendencies, people think you're being edgy and never take you seriously for it and you try to explain "Well, my parents would hit me with metal cords and wooden sticks," and they laugh and tell you to shut up for being edgy. You're basically treated as a joke. When you live being punished all the time, you become used to punishments to the point where you don't care if they happen or not.
And I don't think teachers are doing a great job at all, at least in my district. They choose literal children in adults' bodies. These people are juvenile. They try teaching the easiest thing "because I know how it felt when I was in school as well haha" and no one learns. They talk about social media, pop culture, and adopt lol so randumb humor to become closer with the children while often running out of class time to finish lessons or to teach. They let the students rule because they're afraid they'll be as oppressive as their highschool teacher. I think there's also issues with the curriculum and shit but teachers lack any real discipline and they're much too childish to be teaching children.
Personally, I WISH my school was like Polly Bruckledale's because there were a bunch of fights, a racewar between the Koreans and German students, Mexicans doing acrobatics during lunch time just to wave their flag around (which was actually pretty cool to watch tbh), ALL the Southern-immigrant students being made fun of (because all Southerners are racists, even if you're black, right?), a dozen German sluts flirting with the teachers, the list went on. No one had discipline but everyone was also rich as fuck so they could get away with anything and everything.
>>
Wesley Smallhood - Wed, 01 Nov 2017 01:20:33 EST ID:w9KFVcbk No.208495 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208310
It is always going through phases. In the 50s they had 2 hours of shit like dancing. In the 70s they knocked down all the walls and it was a shit show with everyone in an auditorium essentially. Now they are going prison style. It is either going to stay a prison or get freaky and kids will have more freedom.
>>
Nathaniel Geppernick - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 05:57:20 EST ID:xVFIf/dG No.208520 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208456
Jezus, American schools sound depressing as fuck.
>>
Fuck Diffingridge - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 20:21:45 EST ID:oX3f4KlI No.208536 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>208464
>I believe parents would complain if their aggressive child got a syringe full of Thorazine

Not these days. These days parents are all too happy to dose their 'autistic' (aggressive) kids with risperidone even if they grow tits in the process.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.