Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Kirtaner & Spardot's 420chan Wedding

To all guests, live viewers, and our Internet family, THANK YOU.
VODs will be edited soon, we are all so tired.
Wedding Gifts
COLLEGE by James Smallshaw - Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:34:14 EST ID:YBVc1XtN No.209081 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1523651654247.jpg -(642101B / 627.05KB, 1000x667) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 642101
The US is fucking its economy by putting students in debt to get useless educations.

I don't believe college is worthless, and I even think there's value in the arts and humanities. HOWEVER, at least 3/4 of the colleges in the US are bad or in low standing, so if you get anything other than a technical degree from those schools, it's literally useless.

For example, 8/24 colleges in Colorado have degrees of any value, and 20/84 colleges in Massachusetts are worthwhile.

The United States should only keep open the quarter of its schools that provide valuable degrees in the arts or humanities. The other 3/4 should be shut down, or converted to either technical or trade schools.
>>
James Smallshaw - Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:43:06 EST ID:YBVc1XtN No.209082 Ignore Report Quick Reply
EDIT: I would actually move the number for MA up to 27
>>
Phineas Dipperway - Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:10:18 EST ID:T1mjyx/4 No.209122 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>209081
yeah see german speaking regions there they found a solution, but the ppl in some sense are quite unfree. On the plus side, this system will allow for this "liberal" of self made men inovating shit
>>
Phoebe Turveyhall - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 11:12:53 EST ID:SGCbMw+u No.209145 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP my college was 7K a year and in my field the graduates had an average income of 50K annually in their first year post graduation with a bachelors.

It’s like I tell everyone; if you’re going to college to learn about something you’re interested in that isn’t extremely valuable, like Accounting or Management, then you’re just wasting your time. But also, everyone should go to Community College to get their electives out of the way in the cheap.
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Mon, 30 Apr 2018 04:02:16 EST ID:I3P3lRo5 No.209160 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>209145
Community colleges are a great place to start, but often pose problems for racial/ethnic minorities.
If someone is going to study a non-STEM field then they have to expect to attend graduate school. There's no way around it unless a person is going to college for other reasons.
>>
Edward Mollytedge - Thu, 03 May 2018 09:55:24 EST ID:MdrXzUYs No.209170 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525355724417.jpg -(76981B / 75.18KB, 500x449) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge is a noble cause.

That said we have a serious problem in America where most jobs require a college degree and still don't pay a living wage. Even in the stem field there are plenty of shit pay jobs. And if everyone just switched over to a stem major tomorrow all that would do is run down the wages of stem jobs. That's why silicon valley is pushing coding education so hard, because once everyone learns the basics of coding in middle school, suddenly it's not that unique of a skill.

Education should be free, anyone who works a full week should earn a living wage and rent should be illegal.
>>
Clara Turveywater - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 19:47:47 EST ID:t87tpTXY No.209288 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>209170
>Education should be free
>Anyone who works a full week should earn a living wage
>Rent should be illegal

While we're at it...

>Access to medical treatment should be free - US healthcare is double what most other developed countries pay, and yet all other developed countries provide healthcare as a human right
>Loans should be regulated and required by law to be interest-free, as Lybia had made things before we destroyed their country
>Universal Basic Income - all the money goes to the rich, and the wealth gap continues to widen - redistribute the money to the poor masses

And to the prototypical conservative or neoliberal, who would ask, "where is the money going to come from?"...

The DoD's own investigative branch found that $24,000,000,000,000 (trillion) went missing from the US in 2015, enough money to provide all of the shit outlined above for over a decade. Add to that that most of our tax dollars go to crooked subsidies (corn, sugar, oil) and war companies, who encourage genocide in countries like Yemen, and it's clear that the money is available.
>>
Basil Dennerfoot - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 20:11:15 EST ID:2LwLwSlz No.209291 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>209288
Add to that the fact that money is a made up human contrivance for coordinating behavior and it's clear. We throw away more food than needed by people starving. We have more unsold houses than homeless people. If we don't even have the capability to feed, clothe, and shelter ourselves, then what is the point of all this excess? The illusory promises of capitalism are slowly killing the planet.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.