Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

We're recovering from a major server loss and are restoring backups as we gain access to them. Don't mind the odd time warp. Warn us in the future.

"Nothing can be changed except ourselves" by Cedric Wablingnare - Sun, 04 Nov 2018 13:01:29 EST ID:LdHLS4vG No.209555 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1541354489548.jpg -(20956B / 20.46KB, 355x355) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 20956
As someone who's wanted to change the world, let's talk about the subject. Is it a valid statement? Why or why not?
>>
Matilda Chanderwell - Sun, 04 Nov 2018 18:04:13 EST ID:2LwLwSlz No.209556 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's a completely accurate statement if taken literally. The only thing the neurons in your brain connect to are the muscles in your body, so literally the only thing you have the ability to change is the state of your own body.

Taken figuratively, it's obviously false. The second you change your own body, the state of the surrounding universe reacts. You cannot help but change everything around you by merely existing.

So, the question, like so many things, is a Rorschach test.
>>
Jack Hoblingwater - Mon, 05 Nov 2018 12:43:16 EST ID:VhdWon+z No.209557 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>209555
"Society" is, in part, comprised of a Legal System. Which can be changed by individual action(s).

In the most abstract context self-improvement is important but there's a fine line between solipsism and self-improvement through study etc.
>>
Shit Sazzlekod - Mon, 05 Nov 2018 13:28:45 EST ID:VNsny9C+ No.209558 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah but whos the you whos changing you?
>>
Eugene Cobbergold - Mon, 05 Nov 2018 16:40:34 EST ID:KGYHppHw No.209559 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1541454034342.png -(856840B / 836.76KB, 500x534) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Art is often a step ahead of science. And there's plenty of new horizons being explored in science. I'm not in the know enough to define them tho. Broadly the mind, the ocean, and space are barely explored. In art perhaps, besides hard science fiction, there's the imaginative exploration of inter-being or inter-connectedness. Mythology certainly tried to define our connections through the Earth and further to the Universe in its stories and lessons.

>>209558
The self is the product of the individual's self-creation, among other external factors. John Cowper Powys work A Philosophy of Solitude lays it out well:

"The art of life consists in the creation of an original and unique self; and this is something that the simplest mind can achieve.

Thought creates a thought-body of its own – a new and spiritual body – which although it is linked in space and time with the material body feels itself to be different, feels itself to be inviolate....

What we steadily, consciously, habitually think we are, that we tend to become. For the world is not a finished product; it is a creative flux; and what is known as
evolution is the multifarious creation of myriads of self-creating wills."
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.260410/page/n5

I also recommend his other works
In Defense of Sensuality
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.200488
and Wolf Solent
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.86716/
>>
Eugene Hevingshaw - Wed, 07 Nov 2018 00:56:18 EST ID:KGYHppHw No.209560 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1541570178768.gif -(900177B / 879.08KB, 500x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
"He began to speak into his noter, after he had been at Tes twenty days or so; he would sit in the sunlight on the doorstep of his cottage in a glade of grasses and ferns and talk quietly to himself by way of the little recording machine. "What you select from, in order to tell your story, is nothing less than everything," he said, watching he branches of the old trees dark against the sky. "What you build up your world from, your local, intelligible, rational, coherent world, is nothing less than everything. And so all selection is arbitrary. All knowledge is partial--infinitesimally partial. Reason is a net thrown out into an ocean. What truth it brings in is a fragment, a glimpse, a scintillation of the whole truth. All human knowledge is local. Every life, each human life, is local, is arbitrary, the infinitesimal momentary glimpse of a reflection of . . ." His voice ceased; the silence of the glade among the great trees continued."
A Man of the People
>>
Nicholas Diggleman - Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:24:55 EST ID:LdHLS4vG No.209572 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Thanks for getting the ball rolling guys. I guess I should specify that I feel like someone frustrated by mass society and that as an individual I am more or less powerless, and I've dabbled with activism and got disillusioned. Even in groups, there are higher-order tendencies and stochastic events that seem to undermine intentions. Greed, fatigue, power/force, mortality, morality, schisms. I'm just a loner for the time being but have been one at heart almost always.
>>209560
beautiful
>>
Matilda Sinkinwell - Fri, 16 Nov 2018 05:04:32 EST ID:VBH3q3ZR No.209574 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You can change both yourself and society. Do you not have a brain, arms, legs, mouth, and hands?. Who/what do you want to change and why? To achieve this does this require you to change yourself first, or to change society first, or only one of these? These tidy little motivational quotes annoy the fuck out of me and require specific context to have any use whatsoever.

What is your fucking goal? What are the steps required to get there? Mystics like to turn common sense into fucking rocket science.

I would generally agree however that most people who want to change the world are not remotely ready to make a difference until they evolve as people. You must empower yourself before you can have the power to change things, and you must fully recognize what it is that you want to change.
>>
Sophie Crorrywell - Mon, 19 Nov 2018 03:30:23 EST ID:XqsBUz5h No.209584 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The world will change only if you change yourself.
Just take it easy and accept that shit is as it is, and you won't chanve the world, however by changing yourself the world will change around you.
>>
Sophie Crorrywell - Mon, 19 Nov 2018 03:36:58 EST ID:XqsBUz5h No.209585 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1542616618532.jpg -(491776B / 480.25KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>209572
I think a lot of us here are in that boat mate, but don't forget that people felt lije that before with probably better reasons. Shit might get wild for a while but you shouldn't give in to the darkness. Be carefull with media, they show the world in a very negative state and are thus co-responsible for feeding anger and despair into the hearts and minds of the people. My guess is to try and educate people and to have open and calm conversations, but i'm saying this who has become quite the social hermit lately.

YOU AND ME BABY WE'RE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS SO LETS DO IT LIKE THEY DO ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL[%/]

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.