420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Bad Vibes by Cedric Trothall - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:52:01 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.875489 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1489492321828.jpg -(85537B / 83.53KB, 720x710) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 85537
Guys.. we're kind of weirdos, aren't we? Like, I've started talking way too casually about my psychedelic use. That's not cool. That shit makes me look like a degenerate.

Fuck man, how do I fit in with other adults?
>>
Henry Blackforth - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:56:51 EST ID:dL5SvugW No.875490 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875489
I feel you friendo. It's also the fact that psychedelics are so damn interesting, and none of my friends are into it. You just want to talk about all the cool and crazy shit about psychedelics, but there's no place in real life for you to talk about it.

Just keep everything to yourself and shitpost on the internet. At least that's what I do.
>>
the flicker !FwnV7hV52I - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:02:43 EST ID:fn/+DtMJ No.875491 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875490
Eh. You've seen one recursive function, you've seen 'em all.
>>
Eugene Pugglestedging - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:18:53 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875492 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>unironic use of the word degenerate

The only way forward for you is suicide, you filthy fucking the future immigrant.
>>
Ernest Billingspear - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:24:46 EST ID:WAWTfUiw No.875493 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Try talking about them in relation to something else; like psychology, religion, mythology, etc.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:59:09 EST ID:zemaskId No.875494 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I went through stages. First this >>875490, then after another couple of years I think more like this >>875491.

>>875492
Ahh. Yes. Kys. The easiest refuge of troll without a flame. Unless you're deliberately giving bad vibes as the title suggest, in which case, I suppose continue.
>>
Henry Fidgetat - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:19:59 EST ID:VUppkb5t No.875506 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875494

OP here. The point wasn't to deliberately give off bad vibes, but that I was experiencing them.
>>
the flicker !FwnV7hV52I - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 18:53:35 EST ID:fn/+DtMJ No.875508 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875493
Please don't do this unless your masters is in ethnobotany or something, it makes you sound like a twat.
>>
Eugene Fucklefuck - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 19:24:58 EST ID:CDrqGa6R No.875509 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875508

No, your comment makes you sound like a twat.

>Don't talk about thing unless you are have graduated with doctorate in thing bcoz ppl wanting to have a meaningful discussion about something are idiots unless they have a degree
>>
the flicker !FwnV7hV52I - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 19:44:09 EST ID:fn/+DtMJ No.875510 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875509
I must have met like 6 guys who accosted me to tell me all about how magic mushrooms are basically like the monolith from 2001 or whatever and taught chimpanzees how to use language. They might have been all the same guy. Just giving a heads-up.
>>
Eugene Fucklefuck - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 19:57:02 EST ID:CDrqGa6R No.875511 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875510

I know people get all retarded when they talk about psychedelics, but at least they're talking about something besides retarded internet memes.

I'd rather sit down and have a guy swear by his life that psilocybin mushrooms were the genesis of linguistic capability than listen to some other idiotic crap. In their defense, at least most people who would bother talking about that kind thing seem to be interested in more than the basic trivialities of modern society.

Better to put McKenna on a pedestal and then go from there then to outright shut down any idea of attempting to have a somewhat intellectual discussion. Granted I do love to call people out on being complete morons for believing some off the wall shit.

I'm the guy whose friend wants to teach me how to levitate objects with my mind, and then no shit 75% of people who responded to my thread were on the crazy dude's side. Psychedelics do seem to bring out the dumb folk.
>>
Simon Shakeridge - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:42:46 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875513 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875511
If people around you only talk about stuoid internet memes maybe you need friends instead of fucking the future circlejerk stormfront retards around you.
>>
Hedda Doffinglit - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 21:38:00 EST ID:CDrqGa6R No.875514 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875513

Apparently you have no idea how butt fucking retarded and willfully ignorant the majority of the human race is.

It's not easy to find people who can sit down and have meaningful conversations. I've been an introvert my entire life. I used to think I was just shy and super anxious, it turns out I just think dislike most people because they don't seem to care about much.
>>
☯ panda 大麻 bear ☯ !jSirBonCmI - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 01:24:15 EST ID:mcleiVUB No.875523 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489555455220.jpg -(21962B / 21.45KB, 290x268) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875514
your vibe attracts your tribe. Need someone to talk to about psychedelics well then thats what the internet is for until you start connecting with people in person who have similar interests as you.

Psychedelics and their use for spiritual, emotional, and mental growth/help is a very niche topic in this day and age. Of course it is becoming more and more popular and talked about in time. Just gotta go with the flow man. Nothing wrong with being a weirdo. It's those who try very hard not to be seen as a weirdo who are the really strange ones.

just maybe realize there is a time and place for these discussions. Can't be done everywhere with just anyone. I mean it can but it just is so unlikely and all.
>>
Clara Gimmleson - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 02:09:28 EST ID:wIA0v5vn No.875525 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875493

Not a bad suggestion.

>>875510

Recently? There was a post about the Stoned Ape Theory on circlejerk and it took off like wildfire. I tried explaining the rest of the stuff from McKenna's talks on the matter and they all got butthurt. Something about being a rabid frothing-at-the-mouth atheist, being completely enamored with McKenna's Theory, and then hearing that the rest of it had stuff like goddess cults in it did not sit well.
>>
Simon Shakeridge - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 04:14:13 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875526 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875514
I am fully aware how butt fucking retarded and willfully ignorant the majority of the human race is.

And still, the people around me can still have (somewhat) meaningful conversations. Even the people at work. And I work at motherfucking McDonalds.

Something is wrong with the people around you. Or something is wrong with you. Given your reply, I think the problem is you.

>hurrr degenerates
>hurrr memes
>hurrr people are retarded
>hurrr i hate people
>>
Jenny Haddledit - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 04:54:26 EST ID:lo3rKz2g No.875528 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP, you got a personality beyond psychadelic. Don't treat em like some huge deal and you'll find compassion for other people easier.
We're all dealt the same shit sandwich after all.
>>
Martin Sesslefock - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 07:20:06 EST ID:GnMp2Pae No.875529 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You ever feel like the stuff you used to care enough to conceal has become so normal to you that you forget why you should be concealing it? Almost like you forget it isn't normal to everyone else because from your frame of reference it's just another part of your day, isn't really special or taboo anymore, and the more you become isolated from everyone else the more you forget what their every days are like. Even if they're offended by it in passing, that becomes routine as well.

If not you're probably not a "degenerate" yet.
>>
Simon Shakeridge - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 08:39:05 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875531 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875529
>You ever feel like the stuff you used to care enough to conceal has become so normal to you that you forget why you should be concealing it? Almost like you forget it isn't normal to everyone else because from your frame of reference it's just another part of your day, isn't really special or taboo anymore, and the more you become isolated from everyone else the more you forget what their every days are like. Even if they're offended by it in passing, that becomes routine as well.

>If not you're probably not a "degenerate" yet.

Wait what are you on about? If you wrote that post sober, I think you need to stop tripping for a few months, because your brainfog has reached critical mass. Time to take a break from your endless vacation, go home and unpack your bags.
>>
Martin Burringkick - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 08:47:26 EST ID:VUppkb5t No.875532 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875526

Just as a heads-up.. OP here. I only picked the photo because I thought it was funny. It's definitely not intended to be a propos to the topic at hand.

As for my personal feelings about myself. I have self-esteem problems. I was bulled as a kid and have always had a hard time connecting with others. As for feeling like I'm a degenerate. Well, I'm getting to the end of that window where people marry, settle down, have kids. My brother is too. I'd really like to see us both live nice, full adulthoods. I feel that my experience with mushrooms has helped me get closer to that by being more at peace with who I am and thus more able to cope with my day-to-day existence. I've known for a while that I need some real professional counseling, and maybe it seems trivial, but the boost I get after a trip helps me to do that.

I'm not the guy that you're replying to, but I really regret bringing such negative vibes to this thread. My point was to share my negative self-image and discuss that with like-minded people. It wasn't to start people roundly bashing on the whole psychonautics thing.
>>
Simon Shakeridge - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 09:12:54 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875534 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875532
Well, the thread started out negative from the getgo, so don't sweat it. Nothing wrong with some negativity. It's an integral part of the psychedelic experience, and it should be an integral part of this board too.

Sometimes, you just need to bomb some shit to get somewhere, you know what I'm saying.

As for the whole "I'm getting old and people are getting married" shite... don't sweat it. Just roll with it. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

Besides, take a broader look at society. In the USA people start settling down and start a family like what, at 18-25? Over here in the Netherlands, people only begin settling down once they're past their 30's. It's all relative.
>>
Simon Drammlepeck - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 11:30:13 EST ID:JN/SiNtN No.875539 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489591813817.png -(363846B / 355.32KB, 720x418) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875534

yeah man this, like you gotta experience the bad to know the good yeah? yin and yang and all that,
>>
Angus Purringbuck - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 21:11:56 EST ID:GnMp2Pae No.875550 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875531
What do you mean?
Only logical inconsistency I've detected has been my blatant redundancy (that is just how my mind works).

>Time to take a break from your endless vacation, go home and unpack your bags.
I have no fucking idea what you mean by this but it makes you sound like a fucking asshole.
>>
Floyd !lEVA02JLzI - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 21:38:04 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.875551 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875550
>I have no fucking idea what you mean by this
He's telling you to stop tripping balls because it's affecting your ability to reason and to express your ideas in an intelligible manner. Apparently it's affecting your comprehension skills as well, lol.

I'll admit though he's being a bit of a cheeky cunt. I'm poking a bit of fun at you, so don't take it too serious nigga
>>
Jack Pucklecocke - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 23:55:59 EST ID:GcQ2DHMY No.875552 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489636559050.jpg -(143611B / 140.25KB, 1274x716) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875551

You know how niggas is, fam. Got to take the salt with the greet and spit grits with those insipid shits.

Some of those people have the lackluster minds. Kindly told them to tell themselves to try, better.
>>
Polly Gibberfidging - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 23:56:24 EST ID:HH3EyCL6 No.875553 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I was a weirdo before psy, just have an excuse now
>>
!GOACID/XyA - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 00:08:48 EST ID:F3yVGzWX No.875554 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489637328406.gif -(723209B / 706.26KB, 209x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The price of psychedelics is alienation, as that great mushroom niglet T-Mac once said.

Honestly though, I don't talk to people about it anymore. I used to, because I had this mentality that everyone ought to know about them, everyone ought to try them, etc etc. Now I just genuinely don't give a shit. Psychedelics aren't here to save anyone, they're just here. Some people will try them. Some will form a bond with them that lasts their lifetime, and some will just have a phase.

I no longer think it important to spread any kind of psychedelic message, or to even discuss them very much. I think this is partly due to my mystical thinking that psychedelics find people for a reason, and they find specific people for specific reasons, and that's all there is to it. I believe in something working behind the curtains, and what that is is so beyond my comprehension, so beyond my ability to affect it's ultimate destiny, that I see no reason to pursue anything of the sort.

Imho there's a plan unfolding and we're all part of it whether or not we know it or want it. Nothing can stop it or change it, it's just happening.

The tricky part is learning to be okay with that. It's a bit terrifying to think about, but also greatly relieving. Thank fucking God nobody is in charge of directing this show, what an intense responsibility that would be.

Just do your thing. Don't hurt anybody, don't hurt yourself. Just do your thing.

>mfw existing
>>
wordmachine - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 02:18:02 EST ID:N9Xv2xPb No.875557 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875554
reasonable and level headed response. ty for this contributation.
>>
Clara Nackledale - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 04:47:09 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875561 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875554
>The price of psychedelics is alienation, as that great mushroom niglet T-Mac once said.

Psychedelics are free. Overuse of them is gonna cost you.
>>
Angus Purringbuck - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 06:14:51 EST ID:GnMp2Pae No.875562 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875551
Fuck off. My point was that OP is probably okay as long as (s)he's still aware of the fact that it's not normal to talk about psychedelics among other things all the time.

And don't fucking call me nigga. You're a fucking cunt.
>>
Nathaniel Movingtare - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:32:46 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.875567 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875511

Oh, not everyone's that shallow, but you didn't deserve

>>875513

blowing up at you like that. Jeez man, why so angry? We all like each other just fine, right?
>>
!GOACID/XyA - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:10:56 EST ID:F3yVGzWX No.875571 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875561

>Overuse

That's hilarious considering the power a single experience can have.
>>
Emma Meffingfuck - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 05:10:22 EST ID:VUppkb5t No.875590 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489741822676.jpg -(42004B / 41.02KB, 600x455) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875528

Fair. I guess that I've really just brushed up against the possibility of being great only to let social awkwardness and depression break me down over and over again. Feelsbadman.

>>875529

Fair. Sometimes I feel like I've kind of slid backwards in my adulthood, though. I started out grad school super-strong and had a few victories, but I get really self-destructive.

>>875531

It made sense. They're talking about oversharing. Like, some people lose their filter at some point. I know that I have lost my filter. I'll straight up tell people that my poop smells funny and acidic and I'm worried about it.

>>875534

I get it. I've dated a few really great women, and had some pretty awesome women interested in me from time to time. I just really worry that I have wasted all of my good opportunities, and that there isn't really anything ahead. The worst part is that I'm in one of the top labs in my field right now, and I'm coming off of a really unproductive stretch in my career. I don't know. I worry. There's a lot t worry about, and there's no quiet time to process it.

>>875539

It takes a bit of piss to put the spice in victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P5b-s5hs7Q

>>875553

Yeah. I'm a burner. I hear a lot of that in the burner community.

I've always found it weird how many kids in my neighborhood didn't want to ride motorcycles or try group sex. Many burners have described their lives as not really feeling like they fit in until they found the community.

>>875554

I can dig this, but I wish that they were legal.

That's one thing that worries me about the whole gender thing of late. People want everyone to act like being trans or whatnot is normal. What about the idea that not being normal is totally acceptable? That seems like a much better moral lesson for humanity. I'm a cishet white male, but not normal. Am I unacceptable?

>>875571

I can also dig this. Psychedelics saved my life. I'd have killed myself if I hadn't had my first trip. That's why I'm such a strong proponent now.
>>
Fucking Shittingville - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 07:13:21 EST ID:TzwKY8t4 No.875593 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489749201010.jpg -(1043611B / 1019.15KB, 3300x2200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'd say objectively psychedelic use is weird, because the effects are out of normal level of perception and thinking and relatively few people go for trips time after another like it was a hobby of sorts. Isn't it so that most people don't even try once in their life and weed at most. So it can be irritating that at the same time it's very mind boggling but you can't just casually talk to people like parents and all friends about it usually. Mostly because of legal issues and people not reading much about it and having strong negative first impression.

My way is taking it all with irony and sarcasm, like psychedelics and my experiences and peoples reactions in general to drugs could be explained through encyclopedia dramatica style and having some fun laughing at it all. While at the same time understanding all the seriousness like dangers of too high dose, hppd and such. It can take a lot of time to process the experiences and eventually focus on other things in life, like doing a job and having fun with people that have other common interests than psychedelics. I always thought re-integrating experiences meant just "feeling ok and well" after a trip, but then I realized it could also include the return to life how it was and feeling ok with that too.
>>
Floyd !lEVA02JLzI - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:32:13 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.875595 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875562
You're the one who couldn't decipher what he said. I told you I was just poking some fun at you man, smoke some weed or something, chill out.
>>
Floyd !lEVA02JLzI - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:59:55 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.875598 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489766395622.jpg -(39225B / 38.31KB, 575x693) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Actually, here's a picture of a 10/10 would nut just having her whisper in my ear again for you to make up for things
>>
Simon Clinderwitch - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:04:59 EST ID:GnMp2Pae No.875599 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875595
I had no trouble deciphering it. What I didn't understand is why he assumed I'd been tripping 24/7 and that's the reason why he couldn't understand what I was saying, rather than simple miscommunication.

And no, you weren't. You were insulting me. There's a clear difference. You can write off the way you put down others as "poking fun" but it doesn't make it so from their end.

So again, fuck you, and don't tell me what to do. I don't want to chill out if it means being steamrolled by people like you.
>>
Floyd !lEVA02JLzI - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:35:27 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.875603 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875599
I think you're taking this way too seriously. You need to get a sense of humor nigga. I even offered you a picture of a naked hot chick to smooth things over. If that isn't proof of my good will here I don't know how to get through to you.
>>
Simon Clinderwitch - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:40:50 EST ID:GnMp2Pae No.875604 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875603
Your sense of humor is shit. Would never want to emulate it personally.

Thanks for the pic, though. That was nice of you.
>>
Floyd !lEVA02JLzI - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:45:49 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.875605 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875604
I was posting for my own amusement, I didn't expect you to actually find it funny. I figured you could shrug it off though. Glad we've settled things though, good on you mang
>>
Simon Clinderwitch - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:53:18 EST ID:GnMp2Pae No.875606 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875605
It was obvious that you were, there's no confusion there.
>>
Martha Fazzlededge - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:07:49 EST ID:Q0ja60Nc No.875631 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875489
I like psychedelics very much and i can do them totally alone and share my experience with noone but me. I am kind of autistic person and i feel harmony with myself. I tried to do psychs with other people and often i received experience that i didn't want to. When i want to read something or discuss, i can browse some imageboards or read a book about it. With others i can just drink a little or just talk about common things, like work and stuff. It's like you not often discuss your sex relations with all small details IRL.
>>
Rebecca Hommledale - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:47:16 EST ID:d+l00IuA No.875633 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489841236162.jpg -(37255B / 36.38KB, 480x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Personally I deal with squares and normies just on a basic level. It is a pragmatic necessity to let the sleeping people oblivious to my awakening.
I share my experiences and ideas with a selected group of people, initiated people to the mystical so to say.
We practice invocations, entropy spells and pranayama.
>>
Cedric Grimspear - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 10:51:02 EST ID:JN/SiNtN No.875634 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489848662829.png -(46942B / 45.84KB, 376x401) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875633
>It is a pragmatic necessity to let the sleeping people oblivious to my awakening

Make me laugh :) thank you!
>>
Sidney Sondergold - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 15:01:39 EST ID:xWpzQL/t No.875640 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489863699991.jpg -(20214B / 19.74KB, 320x180) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875489
Thanks to a random police search, I am now a social pariah among my family and law-abiding friends.

I have no advice for you, OP, just commiseration.
>>
Fucking Bublingshaw - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 15:45:44 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875633
For some reason I feel an enormous colossal ego of many lightyears across pressing down on me after reading your post.

I wonder what's going on.
>>
Nigel Gopperdale - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 17:23:51 EST ID:/cVxgxhI No.875642 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489872231961.jpg -(39180B / 38.26KB, 484x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875641
Maybe you are just delusional and project your own corrupted value system (that you are unaware of) onto my post?
I i.v. DMT (which is very pure, because we refined the extraction process close to perfection) every night.
The entities are really satisfied with my personal development and we are certain that soon this development will have a lasting impact on society itself, since we are gathering more adepts to be initiated.
>>
Sidney Sondergold - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 17:43:29 EST ID:xWpzQL/t No.875643 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489873409991.gif -(581332B / 567.71KB, 200x136) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875642
>>875641
>>
Fucking Bublingshaw - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:22:22 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875644 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489875742230.gif -(2903623B / 2.77MB, 360x176) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875642
>I i.v. DMT (which is very pure, because we refined the extraction process close to perfection) every night.
>The entities are really satisfied with my personal development and we are certain that soon this development will have a lasting impact on society itself, since we are gathering more adepts to be initiated.
>>
Frederick Gerrykare - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 21:20:50 EST ID:NN86qh9e No.875649 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875513
i dont know about you guys but discussing internet memes is one of my favorite past times.

>>875593
dis guy knows whats up, always best to not take things seriously.

ive only really told 3 people about my extensive drug use - one was my best friend and now he thinks im a weirdo addict, another was a different close friend and he thought it was interesting and was more positive about it, and i gave him some good harm reduction advice. the third was some random hippie who was really drunk and i was on a bunch of mxe so that was kind of random, but all in all i have decided its totally not worth discussing psychedelics with people. now internet memes, thats a whole nother thing. its totally worth it to discuss dank memes with people. its like exposing your deepest secrets, and for our generation, raised on the internet, our memes are truly ingrained in our upbringing and are an integral part of the human experience.
>>
Sidney Blackson - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 09:25:32 EST ID:nIpHvlil No.875668 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I just own it. I am clean cut, well groomed, well educated, and well spoken, so it helps to offset the shock people sometimes have when I say "Oh yeah, I've done acid. Yes, really! Yes, more than once!" I try to get a sense of a person first before I go into such topics though. A good opener probe is to investigate if the person is open to alcohol or weed. Usually if those things slide with them then psychs won't be so startling to them. Sometimes though even party animals who smoke and drink still have ignorant perceptions of psychedelics just because all they have to go on is legends and rumors they've heard, or ridiculous media portrayals. Just watch out for:

>MUSHROOMS WORKS BY POISONING UR BRAIN AND LSD STAYS IN UR SPINE AND IF U POP UR BACK U WILL THINK U ARE AN ORANGE AND PUT THE BABY IN THE OVEN MANNNNN
>>
George Fanningstock - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 04:51:15 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.875693 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875640

That sucks. What happened? Drugs taken away? Jail?
>>
George Fanningstock - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 04:53:44 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.875694 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875668

This works for me to an extent, but I can't really discuss the deep changes that I'm going through personally with my family, and that hurts. I've really been doing a lot of self-discovery this past year, and mushrooms and exploring my sexuality have been a huge part of this.
>>
the flicker !FwnV7hV52I - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:09:45 EST ID:fn/+DtMJ No.875696 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875642
Jim_Jones.exe
>>
Beatrice Trotfield - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:23:54 EST ID:LVt9015F No.875697 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Nah in my experience people are pretty accepting, even keen on the topic of psychelics. I grew up in a "hippie" area where the drug culture is very strong and pretty much everybody you meet on a daily basis will have a plethora of psychedelic stories to tell you.

That you said even outside the local community I've found people pretty accepting and interested psychedelics. Usually those that haven't tried them tell me that they've heard good things about them and would like to try them someday.

There are only very few people I've met in my life that lump psychedelics in the whole "drugs are bad and evil" category and you can spot those kinds of people from a mile away. They aren't very common though, at least not in my neck of the woods.
>>
Betsy Puddlenudge - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:36:38 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875699 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875697
Same goes for me here in the Netherlands.

When my boss heard I used to grow my own shrooms, I expected a big preach, but he just talked about how he used to do shrooms in his uni days and that he got the message and hung up the phone. I'm like what the fuck dude?

>implying there's a message
>implying there's a reason to ever hang up the phone
>>
Ernest Duckfoot - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:06:01 EST ID:lNZjvjql No.875715 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875699
it;s mckenna reference in case you missed that
>>
Hamilton Murdlock - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:56:40 EST ID:hrDwcaeK No.875718 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875699

Hanging up the phone means you're not ready for the message. You can't get the message if you hang up the phone. The message never ends, cutting off communication early keeps you stuck in the spiral.
>>
Hamilton Murdlock - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:59:18 EST ID:hrDwcaeK No.875719 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490061558282.jpg -(15063B / 14.71KB, 500x208) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875718

Also it was a rather bullshit thing for Terence to say considering he tripped fucking balls until the day he died. He obviously never got the message. Ha. Sorry Terence I was kidding.
>>
Reuben Mishtore - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:09:14 EST ID:zOWShm3t No.875720 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875719
>considering he tripped fucking balls until the day he died
sauce? He smoked a lot of weed but never did shrooms again after a bad trip in the 80's. And rarely did dmt or any other psys
>>
Esther Siffingstock - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 00:16:00 EST ID:JN/SiNtN No.875721 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875715

Uhhh its an Alan Watts quote, not a McKenna quote.
>>
David Cablingdale - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 08:32:08 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.875732 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875721
Yeah, that's what I thought. McKenna said and i paraphrase "People are so alienated from themselves, that when they meet themselves on shrooms or DMT, they think they meet God or aliens." Also a lot of retarded shit on Time Wave Zero, about meat and sugar being drugs, culture being your enemy and that meditation is for chumps, just trip dude lmao.
>>
Esther Siffingstock - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:00:18 EST ID:JN/SiNtN No.875733 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875732

Although i kind of agree with the sentiment, McKenna is incredibly fun to listen to whilst on psychedelics.

But yeah most of what he said was pandering to crowds because it was his job, ive always said this, that you should read his books because thats where you see his real thoughts, most of his thing is about alchemy and mysticism, mystery cults and all that. The idea that alchemy isnt so much turning lead into gold, but more about turning sugar and water into gold, which blew my mind clean off.
>>
Picture Unrelated - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:11:30 EST ID:YR8fwTX3 No.875745 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490119890234.jpg -(93824B / 91.62KB, 466x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875732

Allan Watts is actually a good example of how you should approach such influential people. He said that you should hang up the phone when you get the message psychedelics try to convey to you, but wasn't much of an example himself. He, despite his thoughtful and great philosophy was unable to overcome his alcohol addiction, which propably attributed to his death due to the heart failue at 58 years old.

I belive that in hanging up the phone he meant mostly for people not to dillute and weaken the psychedelic experience's impact on one's life by making an act of ingesting it similiar to recreationally smashing oneself with alcohol every weekend or so.

As for McKenna, he himself implied for people to not take him too seriously. Timewave Zero was balooney, and he realised it later in life, (his brother Dennis McKenna said it in the recent inerview in London Real, I belive). However I think he was right about red meat, sugar and culture. On biochemical level, refined sugar triggers similiar response in brain to cocaine, (similiar not only in pattern, but also in intensity), and consumerist culture in general producing superficial idols and art to consume in a fast-food fashion, it just shallows people. Of course nowadays isn't the same as was 30-40 years ago, when he formulated this idea, thanks to the Internet never in history has the artist been so close to the audience, nor he had this many tools for his creations to propagate freely. Of course it comes with an entire new set of problems to handle. In fear of making Orwellian future a reality, we actually moved much closer to a version of Huxley's Brave New World's future.

About McKenna's sugar thing, I encourage you to read his book "Food of the Gods", where he elaborated on this in depth in a historical context.

Much love!
>>
Hamilton Murdlock - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:26:29 EST ID:hrDwcaeK No.875759 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875720

My "sauce," or rather, SOURCE, is Terence himself.
>>
Hamilton Murdlock - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:32:28 EST ID:hrDwcaeK No.875760 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875759

Now remember, just because he stopped taking mushrooms doesn't mean he stopped tripping. Okay? You can trip on things besides shrooms. Indeed.
>>
Basil Lightdock - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:26:25 EST ID:Y0riQRie No.875763 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875760
point is he said he used psys rarely and was certainly not "tripping fucking balls until the day he died". Big, infrequent doses was his thing.
>>
Shitting Cenkinfoot - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:52:21 EST ID:uzZ+Hr9Z No.875764 Ignore Report Quick Reply
me and a friend of mine have gone through 100 tabs over the course of 2 months
my most recent trip was 8 tabs, but the last trip was 4, and i had only usually done 1 - 2 tabs. i plan to kill the sheet this friday and eat my last remaining 6 tabs
i have another sheet.
am i fucking myself up? all my trips have been amazing, ive never had a bad trip on shrooms or acid. i quit smoking weed, but i drink liqour (no beer) damn near every weeked
ive introduced psychs to my friends and only 1 of em hasnt had a bad trip, and me and him actually split the first sheet
>>
Shitting Cenkinfoot - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:52:21 EST ID:uzZ+Hr9Z No.875765 Ignore Report Quick Reply
me and a friend of mine have gone through 100 tabs over the course of 2 months
my most recent trip was 8 tabs, but the last trip was 4, and i had only usually done 1 - 2 tabs. i plan to kill the sheet this friday and eat my last remaining 6 tabs
i have another sheet.
am i fucking myself up? all my trips have been amazing, ive never had a bad trip on shrooms or acid. i quit smoking weed, but i drink liqour (no beer) damn near every weeked
ive introduced psychs to my friends and only 1 of em hasnt had a bad trip, and me and him actually split the first sheet
>>
Nigel Brenkinpad - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 20:27:10 EST ID:xWpzQL/t No.875767 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490142430941.webm [mp4] -(1317507B / 1.26MB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>875693
Probation and drugs taken away. I guess it could have been worse.
>>
Caroline Mollermirk - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:19:39 EST ID:HXEf9Wff No.875769 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875763

I quickly concluded that what Terence said and what he actually did were fairly different things.
>>
gargravarr - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 23:08:36 EST ID:qhHflINW No.875773 Ignore Report Quick Reply
put on your big boy pants and be part of the change in society that challenges the taboo of psychedelic use
>>
Edward Fadgedodge - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 05:12:02 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.875792 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875644

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but you sound kind of like a commercial warning us to stay off of psychedelics.
>>
Edward Fadgedodge - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 05:16:30 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.875793 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875733

I think that he mostly believed what he had to say, it's just that he'd go off the rails and start ranting about stuff that he saw on a trip instead of trying to be objective.

The really well-rehearsed "I said this a lot" stuff is written almost like poetry. It's like a crack-hit of well-educated, upper-class, Ivy League educated jaded hippiedom. Every PhD stoner going through a mid-life crisis like me is listening to him like we're in a Bible Study in a parallel bad kid universe.
>>
Edward Fadgedodge - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 05:18:16 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.875794 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875732

This seems incredibly insightful for me. It reminds me of decisions that I made when I was a kid that I locked into and could entirely have gone differently on, changing who I am.
>>
Thomas Bardfield - Thu, 23 Mar 2017 05:52:49 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.875840 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>875745

Well, cocaine and sugar are both physiological stimulants and have similar chemical structure. That they would stimulate the mind similarly is no surprise. That said, they're fairly different from each other in important ways as well. It's worth noting that "similarly" is a pretty broad term as it relates to the mind. Is sugar awful for you? Yes, but I wouldn't read that much into this similarity.. especially if the measurement technique was EEG or something similar (I'm guessing McKenna did not have access to fMRI data to come to his ideas regarding this).

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.