420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Youtube while tripping by Hedda Dishgold - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 03:57:50 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.876551 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1492243070856.jpg -(120552B / 117.73KB, 900x675) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 120552
So, I'm listening to music on youtube that's all calming and helping me along and then this fucking brazen commercial comes on And then I think, "Who the fuck does that? What adult shouts in your ear like an obnoxious child when you're just over here having your adult time?"

So, what the fuck happens? Fucking youtube man. We've studied how to turn ads into something that fucking salient. Fucking hell man. I got all the way late into my 37s, and I want to feel like I'm having a cool glass of tea with my mother , and this fucking youtube thing is up in my shit trying to sell me on some truly hollow web service. Is this what we've been reduced to.

God damn that was a nutty thing to say.
>>
Priscilla Sabberhet - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 04:31:28 EST ID:z5rvLAcb No.876552 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Holy shit. I never considered that. I'm on a semi-planned 3-4 year psy break, and back when I tripped regularly, Youtube's ads could be blocked by a good ad blocker. I can't imagine how shitty it is to quickly need some SLAYER during a tough moment in the trip, and instead of some thickass goa beats, you're getting a fucking car commercial.

Still, that ad might be different enough that you drop out of that bad thoughtloop, but still.

Probably spend 1/4th of my time in hyperspace looking up weirdass videos, MAPS lectures, psy docu's and Arthur C. Clarke talking about weird science/math shit.
>>
Hedda Dishgold - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 05:11:01 EST ID:5ZqWrZCp No.876554 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>876551

Dude. I'm a fucking scientist and I don't have the emotional breadth to meet reality on the middle on that shit.
>>
Charlie Bonehead - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 10:22:23 EST ID:63ItMcT8 No.876563 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492266143441.jpg -(148398B / 144.92KB, 1279x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Advertising is straight up nefarious anymore, and social media is its sinister sidekick. I prefer to own as much of my media as possible. Especially if I have the time to plan ahead for tripping or whatever. And it drives me crazy how attached to YouTube my own family is, like when either of my parents or my brother want to hear a song or artist any of us frequently listens to- and they know I've taken the time to download or buy all of it and arrange it with proper tagging on the home​ computer in 320 mp3s- and they go to YouTube, wait for the chrome browser to load because they're afraid to close any tabs or windows, and sit through a commercial to watch the first bullshit quality video they can click on, all because "ugh, it's just easier". I'm like, easier than fucking what?! It would be one thing if they didn't know that we happened to own that song, or that artist's entire discography, *right there on the computer*, or how to navigate Windows Media Player, but they absolutely DO know. I make it a point to tell them, and it's like they can't stand to acknowledge that anything I've done out of the kindness of my heart could possibly be worth a simple thank you, because apparently I'm not making things any easier.
It's like buying someone a pair of nice headphones, and then all they ever use are gritty earbuds that fall out of their ears. Oh wait, my brother does that too.
Ech, nb
>>
Frederick Blundlekidging - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 17:49:16 EST ID:NN86qh9e No.876593 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>876563
chill out fam, i usually just use youtube for music myself and my music library is over 500gb. doesnt matter if other folks like to do things different than you do.
>>
Jarvis Dobberpedging - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:34:41 EST ID:JN/SiNtN No.876595 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>876551

one of the most formative trips i had was when i watched commercial tv on purpose, all the adverts it really shows you how subversive advertising can really be, repetition, short easy to digest words and associations, then the moment you realise that most commercial music uses pretty much the exact same formula.

I use adblock on my computer so no adverts.
>>
James Mebberham - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 05:33:22 EST ID:0WWwwVnu No.876605 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Why don't you use adblock or its analogue? I've been using it as long as I remember having a pc of my own, and finding out youtube had ads was really surprising
>>
Eliza Gushchat - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:38:18 EST ID:tkNrhFbf No.876653 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>he doesnt use Adblock
>>
Doris Brellerford - Thu, 20 Apr 2017 03:33:05 EST ID:Qkp74V5u No.876700 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>876551A
uBlock
Addblock
ghostery
umatrix

Adds are so 2003
>>
Caroline Goodstock - Thu, 20 Apr 2017 09:27:08 EST ID:SXHDj+/o No.876709 Ignore Report Quick Reply
either download your music, use spotify like everyone else or pay the monthly $5 for youtube premium. this is such a non issue LOL, do you really expect youtube to host hundreds of years of useless ironic "spongebob doing the same thing for 10 hours" for free? just download that shit. fuck everything, 320kbps is more than enough quality for tripping.

we will never go back to the 5 star rated youtube which we all got to know firsthand.
>>
Angus Cennerkit - Thu, 20 Apr 2017 13:38:21 EST ID:qMT0lQXV No.876715 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i feel you.
but you gotta realize that youtube is literally a free service that costs millions of dollars to keep up. not only are they paying to upkeep the servers and the people who work there and everything involved with that, but they're also paying youtubers money per view.
i believe if you toss them a couple bucks for youtube red that it'll be ad free or something (or yknow get ad blocking)
>>
Nell Gidgeforth - Fri, 21 Apr 2017 03:06:45 EST ID:mIhnZJUF No.876728 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Advertising is one of the most evil things out there.
>>
John Fudgeworth - Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:15:57 EST ID:U0BR3KSv No.876734 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just torrent an album of your choice. I recommend something by The Monophonics
>>
Awe' God !!vVWR8L52 - Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:05:42 EST ID:lNZjvjql No.876785 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>876551
>God damn that was a nutty thing to say
LOL this guy

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.