420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Family guy mushrooms by Henry Gallerdale - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 05:36:13 EST ID:gGfevY0h No.885885 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1518345373642.jpg -(76838B / 75.04KB, 848x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 76838
So, I have done LSD 3 times and mushrooms 3 times and dxm like 5. Usually pretty fun but not insane doses. The hallucinations are more like in the mind and trailing and such but I never ha've a real like "saw a dragon and talked to him" kind of hallucination. I did learn that the hallucinations are not even what makes psychedelics so amazing but I wonder if that stuff isn't just an outright myth. Can you trip so hard that the world itself is totally different and unrecognizable?
>>
William Mallyshit - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 05:48:25 EST ID:7ozIY3vW No.885887 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885885
A breakthrough dose does that for me, although it's less of a "I can't recognize the outside world" and more of "I forget that my eyes aren't open". With open eyes there's incredible visual distortion and patterns everywhere, but with closed eyelids you can travel.
>>
Henry Gallerdale - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 06:04:48 EST ID:gGfevY0h No.885888 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885887
Yeah, I get the distortions and closed eyes traveling. I mean you were eating mushrooms 30 minutes ago but now you're on Jupiter and talking to the wizard king
>>
Doris Brunderstock - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 06:05:18 EST ID:W69QLDMJ No.885889 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885887
a proper breakthrough will make you forget that you are a human or what human experience even is. it's nothing like the cartoons, but you can encounter entities and different realms, never the less none of that is al that important once you get there, because the world is endowed with qualities that make what you think is relevant become irrelevant.
>>
Henry Gallerdale - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 06:11:15 EST ID:gGfevY0h No.885891 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885889
Yeah, I like psychedelics and see immense value you in them but I was just curious if that was even possible and where the myths of talking to a purple dragon come from.
Like, I was thinking that seth McFarland must know better, why would he make a video depicting mushrooms that way. Then it occurred to me that he is rich and maybe eats a quarter of them in one go and I eat like 2 grams. Maybe if you eat a quarter you do have that experience.
>>
Doris Brunderstock - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 06:37:23 EST ID:W69QLDMJ No.885893 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885891
lol
>>
Henry Saffingchire - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:03:40 EST ID:x+VIYBLm No.885894 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Can you trip so hard that the world itself is totally different and unrecognizable?
I have no experienced this so much: fractal patterns over everything -or- interior trance-state where I am exploring fully realized hallucinated experiences

the only time I really did talk to a dragon was when I insuffulated 25-i back when it was new (horrible fucking idea) and my floor grain became a time dragon, but this quickly led to a trance state.
>>
Wesley Nadgecocke - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:52:25 EST ID:v/mGMdFW No.885897 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885891
Dude, are you really questioning the portrayal of the psychedelic experience in a comical adult cartoon? Never expect any form of media to do the experience any justice.

To answer your question though, I don't think I've ever specifically seen a dragon while tripping, but it's definitely possible for your surroundings to become completely unrecognizable on high doses. It's like your entire field of vision and all the objects within it become clay for your mind to mold into whichever thought is going through it at the moment. If you're in your living room for example, the walls, windows, doors, cabinets, lights etc. will all become so fractalized that they will no longer be recognizable as the actual objects they are but will instead morph quickly between a nearly infinite spectrum of different images, colors, visions, vistas, objects, even thoughts and emotions manifesting themselves visually.
>>
Phineas Nummlehood - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 08:10:59 EST ID:+l/XAaHK No.885898 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885897

Exactly. The psychedelic experience is like being dragged to a dumpster by two large men who take you into the dumpster and smear you with banana peels and other fruit remnants.
>>
Basil Goodway - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 15:51:45 EST ID:47FtFRWd No.885902 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885885
I had a friend in high school that liked to get girls to try mushrooms and LSD. They all went into it thinking they were going to see a funny purple dragon and it would all be sunshine and good times. And then they start to actually feel the drugs and start to freak out. I think the media has given a lot of people a really warped perception of what these drugs actually do, which leads to normies taking them who aren't ready.
>>
Frederick Billingcocke - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 17:31:47 EST ID:Td/6TBQQ No.885904 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885902
what a weirdly albeit probably perverted awesome guy... just throwing young women's world on the head with LSD. What a world.
>>
Albert Binkindetch - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:49:06 EST ID:/EVfbQbL No.885906 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Can you trip so hard that the world itself is totally different and unrecognizable?

Absolutely, yes. This doesn't usually happen unless you take strong or heroic doses. Some psychedelics are better at it than others, but it can potentially happen with any hallucinogenic drug.

Once on lsd I was at a friend's apartment and the poster of a zombie on his wall came to life and the zombie started crawling out of the wall towards me. I knew it was a hallucination, but it was so incredibly realistic that had my short term memory been so jaded that I didn't know I was I tripping I would have had a very, very bad time. Heard a story of one girl who was tripping, walking through a neighborhood with friends and she thought a pile of leaves on the side of the road was a rotten corpse and she started screaming.

Having intense, otherworldly experiences usually requires stronger doses and a weaker grasp on reality. Not to say the last part is bad, but if you don't recognize something as being a product of a hallucination, when it is, you'll think it's actually real, and you will react accordingly. This will spiral your trip out of control a d can send you into an incredibly intense delusional reality. This is usually what leads to people having bad trips, is when they don't remember they're tripping, or they're unable to distinguish between what's real or a hallucination.
>>
Archie Grandforth - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 03:33:00 EST ID:W69QLDMJ No.885915 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885906
most of what you are talking about sounds like deliriants.
>>
Molly Drenkinchog - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 05:36:13 EST ID:ySGwvSwU No.885916 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885915
He's still not even talking about fully immersive doses. On ayahuasca and 7-14g mushroom trips I've had more than a handful of OBE's. NOt to mention the ones I've had on 1g+ doses of DXM; the DXM was potentiated and I smoked a lotta herb too(6ft bong rips) but god damn.

The hardest part of those doses are the in between moments. Like when you're seeing reality but its just SUPER warped. People walking through the room are made if crystal gears and the wall turns into glass. Then suddenly you can see through it to a spot 4 miles across town. After which a rainbow colored 1000 petal crystal lotus appears in the spackle pattern on the wall and starts to grow bigger until you're pulled down its center. Then there you find you're in a different space or dimension. Ya know, shit like that? That's just a small excerpt from my highest dose of mushrooms too. The ayahuasca and DXM ones are equally gnarly.
>>
Isabella Braggleson - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:55:06 EST ID:gGfevY0h No.885917 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885916
What kind of dxm? I usually use dollar store stuff in pills
>>
Nathaniel Fuckingdock - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:01:10 EST ID:9be6YKzO No.885931 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885917
Well it was syrup because the dollar tree didn't have gels back then, but I got some of that robocough and GOD DAMN. Gonna drink me 3 of them when my 12 pack arrives. I already went through my 2 freebies.
>>
David Dremmlewill - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 22:14:13 EST ID:6bbhypgC No.885936 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885931
I like a small amount of DXM to alter my mood. But never really cared to take a lot, lot. Out grocery will sometimes offer discounted dxm without all the guinevastin, whatever, it the large bottles for like 2.75 when usually 15 bucks.

I like codeine syrup for the same reason, take a little and just kinda mellows you out. For pain a plus.
>>
Rebecca Bevingtune - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 05:30:13 EST ID:E1Z0sJjg No.885946 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885936
Enough DXM will get you blasted and it makes herb belligerently psychedelic for me. Strangely the OBE's and immersive hallucinations it has produced for me were less trippy morphy abstract and more real feeling. Like one time I saw myself descending on a mountain through the clouds. I could feel the crisp mountain air, smell the pine, see the forest and mountain, and feel it all. On a different DXM dose I saw a mountain top temple where monks were practicing martial arts. The same thing happened and it was as though I was seeing with the air itself as I passed over. It almost felt like they could see me though which creeped me out. I passed through the stone monuments and off I went.

The turbulence up to that point is scary and trippy sometimes, but at least with DXM you're totally pinned down by the body load. When you're tripping that hard, having a true psychonautical entheogenic voyage, you will pay dues one way ir another. I've had easier glowing experiences but all the super high doses of anything weren't without discomfort.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.