420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
"bad" trips? by Sidney Harryforth - Wed, 14 Feb 2018 10:50:36 EST ID:YKuwccbj No.885979 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1518623436468.png -(202497B / 197.75KB, 459x251) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 202497
i'm not too versed in "bad" experiences but i understand that the outcome is usually good regardless of what is happening in the moment but is it possible to go an entire life time without having a "bad" trip?
>>
Matilda Classlepen - Thu, 15 Feb 2018 14:34:40 EST ID:koz7quY1 No.886015 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Of course its possible.
>>
Charles Chiddledock - Thu, 15 Feb 2018 20:45:29 EST ID:Ib9XTYk6 No.886019 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1518745529879.jpg -(152492B / 148.92KB, 728x741) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>885979
I've thought about this. My guess is that it comes down to potential.

Here are two vague examples. People's experiences range far wider than this.

Say you're a person (person A) with a bunch of preconceived cliche notions about psychedelics. You take a large dose of something, expecting a goofy experience of dragons/orange juice and whatnot, but then have a very heavy introspective trip that leaves you dumbfounded. Perhaps you freak out, have an uncomfortable experience, and break ties with those trippy friends and swear off powerful drugs for life.

Say you're a curious person (person B) who has only read about psychedelics on the internet, or had friends tell you about glowing experiences that they've had. You try psychedelics in a good set and setting and then experience something your imagination was longing for, but could never have ever previously conceived. Perhaps you had a glowing experience and look forward to next trip that you could possibly have.

The potential for Person A to return to a psychedelic experience is low. Is this because they had a "bad trip", or because the experience revealed unconscious parts of themselves that they had not yet been equipped to handle? If they were to stay away from psychedelics and consistently justify this decision over time, then the scrutiny of a "bad" experience might end here.

The potential for Person B to return to a psychedelic experience is relatively higher. Is this because a glowing experience whetted their consciousness appetite? Was their careful preparation, or even lack of preconception, contributing to an experience that was entirely open-ended? If they were to continue to seek out ways of experiencing psychedelics, the potential to encounter something that you were bothsearching for and avoiding might increase with repeated use.

Continually increase sample size and the chance of encountering outliers increases, right?

(outliers, in this case being relatively bad trips)
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Fri, 16 Feb 2018 15:06:53 EST ID:cXxtKrC+ No.886032 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885979
Umm. Depends on how you view it. I've never had what I'd consider a "bad trip" (out of ~250) so far. Some have been brutal, but I've never been scared off. If anything I just get more interested. Instead of fear, I'm instilled with awe. Maybe one day I'll have a psychotic episode or something and it'll all go to shit. But it seems like it's theoretically possible. All depends on what you consider to be "bad."
>>
Hugh Gumblelock - Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:05:13 EST ID:kZxpd1Ph No.886034 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1518818713730.jpg -(404482B / 395.00KB, 1033x581) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>885979

Burn away the very notion of "band," and eat chips.
>>
Sophie Dartwater - Fri, 16 Feb 2018 18:00:23 EST ID:287xXRg4 No.886036 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Absolutely possible. /Thread
>>
Shit Cuckleforth - Fri, 16 Feb 2018 18:15:28 EST ID:W69QLDMJ No.886039 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>886034
if you are the samefag that pulls in at other threads with your remarks about how it's done, i salute you sir.
>>
Cyril Gossleshit - Sat, 17 Feb 2018 21:36:22 EST ID:JGx8VMaV No.886075 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>886039

Are you guys speaking some kind of code language or something? Because neither of your posts make any sense to me whatsoever. Somebody clarify their meaning for me because this has been bothering me.

What does "pulling in at other threads" mean? And what does burning away notions and eating chips have to do with anything congratulatory?
>>
Doris Pallymire - Sat, 17 Feb 2018 22:47:18 EST ID:ncWy+tY+ No.886076 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>886075

Yeah ive been trying to figure it out too.

So heres what ive got so far.

Chips are like the quientessential lazy food right? like people will often mock others like "your keyboard is probably caked in cheeto dust xD". So maybe they are trying to say "forget about the idea of good and bad and just give in and become a lazy person"

Pulling in at other threads i think they are trying to say like "come in and post on other threads"? Like when you pull into something its like when you are driving, "pull into the drive through mate and get us some mcnuggets" or "pull into this driveway here"

So maybe they feel that the chips guy is some guy who goes into other threads and sets things straight?
>>
Graham Hullerway - Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:38:58 EST ID:O61PecZf No.886091 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>885979
For me starting out I tried(still do) not to think about it as "good" or "bad" just different levels of intensity and comfort or discomfort cause by it. Honestly I kinda always figured if I came out the other side of a dose, especially mega doses, not seriously injured or in jail then it couldn't be that bad.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.