420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Spiritual trip recommendations by Esther Fipperson - Wed, 09 May 2018 10:21:10 EST ID:13MkmO9D No.888631 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1525875670439.jpg -(70232B / 68.59KB, 638x499) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 70232
People who take certain psychedelics demonstrate significantly greater openness and creativity after tripping.

I struggle with anxiety and severe ADD, which contribute to me losing perspective.

What psychedelics are most effective for basically giving me a different perspective, helping me break out of my current headspace?

MDMA, mushrooms, DMT, and mescaline all sound promising, but I don't know what I should be seeking out.

I've been practicing zazen, and while I don't believe zen meditation and psychedelics are really compatible, I think they're both useful for helping you gain greater perspective and awareness... though with psychedelics I'm of course speaking as an outsider.
>>
Molly Drirrystock - Wed, 09 May 2018 12:13:53 EST ID:700rZvKI No.888634 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888631
dmt vaped shrooms mesc.

id skip molly
>>
Edward Pullermerk - Wed, 09 May 2018 12:57:34 EST ID:X7FATq9S No.888637 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>i dont believe zen meditation and psychedelics are really compatible
in the eye of chaos the only thing one can do is breathe
>>
Walter Nickleworth - Wed, 09 May 2018 13:17:59 EST ID:DtO63IiB No.888638 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888637

Or you know, just do whatever you want.
>>
Molly Bunfoot - Wed, 09 May 2018 13:28:37 EST ID:Zl9hkJYK No.888639 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888637
When I say incompatible, I'm not being very clear. What I really mean is, I don't believe they build on each other, or have anything to do with one another, as some people have asserted. However, I do think they can both be helpful.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Wed, 09 May 2018 14:22:53 EST ID:Y9/NV241 No.888642 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I personally find LSD to be the most interestingly "perspective shifting" in a way that I personally have found a spiritual connection to. The universe has a shape and everything in it can be graphed on some sort of nth dimensional version of a Cartesian graph. But that's all very abstract and took me a long time to even understand what I was experiencing and put a word to it. There are an infinite number of perspectives to look from.

Shrooms on the other hand have always been very– obvious to me. The connection to nature, tranquility, lovey-dovey bullshit. It's all right there. The warm colors and wiggles. Very "here and now." Which if you have ADD might be more what you're looking for. Shrooms I spend more time sitting still and observing. LSD I'm always moving.

As for DMT, I personally think it's a little overhyped. Like it can indeed do everything people claim it can. But I'm not sure it's necessarily "spiritually" easily accessible if you haven't already had a certain exposure to psychedlia. Sure people do DMT as their first /psy/ but I think that's kinda weird. DMT is so fucking fast that I could barely keep track of what was going on until I had gotten used to the idea of letting go of all linguistic interpretations, and just allowing myself to experience it wordlessly, then analyze when I come back. I recommend coming back to DMT later.

As for Mesc, well I'm embarrased to say that after all these years I still have not done it. Fuck me okay?
>>
Jenny Wubbledock - Wed, 09 May 2018 14:34:12 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.888643 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>People who take certain psychedelics demonstrate significantly greater openness and creativity after tripping.

SOMETIMES. Often, but not always. And sometimes it's not the healthy useful kind of openness and creativity. Sometimes it's just bollocks. Bollocks that can avalanche into harm.

But yes. It's some gooooood shit nigga. Real eye opener. But remember. IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU CREATIVE. If you're not creative, you won't get anything out of it. It only brings out what latent ability you already had but didn't know you had.

>What psychedelics are most effective for basically giving me a different perspective, helping me break out of my current headspace?
Anything works. It doesn't matter. Research the various psychedelics that exist, grab what you can get with your network, and what sounds doable to you.
>>
Edward Pullermerk - Wed, 09 May 2018 16:59:55 EST ID:X7FATq9S No.888644 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888638
ur mother!
>>
Molly Bunfoot - Wed, 09 May 2018 17:15:00 EST ID:Zl9hkJYK No.888645 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888642
Thanks for the descriptions! That is definitely something I'll keep in mind, though tbqh your description of shrooms does sound really appealing.

>>888643
Good to know. I like writing a lot, and I've been told I'm a good writer by professors. The thing that really keeps me from being more creative and taking more chances is honestly anxiety - I have this kind of crippling fear of failure that usually stops me from going too far with stories and things. When I was younger, a few years ago, I could write comprehensive explanations and long creative pieces online anonymously, all the while avoiding writing even simple assignments that I was anxious about.
>>
Lydia Pabbershit - Wed, 09 May 2018 17:28:01 EST ID:TzwKY8t4 No.888646 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525901281630.jpg -(142349B / 139.01KB, 564x750) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>888645
I personally found stims to be most helpful to aid my writing, mainly to increase focus and motivation even though I don't have ADD. It just helps like that anyway if you don't abuse too much to build tolerance and addiction.

Psychedelics I guess can be good for getting new ideas but it might be hard to write while on a trip, so it's better for break days in between writing I think. But some ppl practice microdosing with results that they seem to like. When I take psychedelics even in small amounts I always turn into sketching and music rather than writing anything very publishable.

Everyone's different :)
>>
Jenny Wubbledock - Wed, 09 May 2018 17:35:21 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.888647 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888645
In your case, I think psychedelics can help.
>>
Ebenezer Boblingshaw - Thu, 10 May 2018 08:05:10 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.888666 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888631
>What psychedelics are most effective for basically giving me a different perspective, helping me break out of my current headspace?
I know this isn't really answering your specific question, but breaking out of your headspace is more of a matter of personal responsibility. That is to say, literally any activity or experience can break you out of your headspace. The effectiveness and degree to which that headspace is broken is a matter of your personal desire and will to break out of your headspace.

I suppose put in another way, breaking out of your headspace is something that can only really be done with the conscious effort you put in to breaking out of it. Which psychedelic or which activities or experiences are capable of best achieving this are entirely dependent on how effectively you use these things as a tool for doing so, and so naturally the answer to your question is going to be incredibly variable and more or less just people's personal preferences.

Not to sound like I'm judging you negatively by saying this, but this puts the onus of breaking out of your headspace entirely on you. The drugs you take or the things you do are only tools, as I already said. Simple meditation or things like engaging in lucid dreaming or mindfulness throughout your day are potentially potent enough tools to achieve the effects you desire... although, I'm not saying you shouldn't use psychedelics by saying so. I'm just trying to help you realize that you're the captain of your ship here. I realize it can be very difficult to break out of your usual headspace on a regular daily basis, especially with anxiety and ADHD (I don't have much anxiety, but I'm diagnosed with ADHD predominantly inattentive myself), but without simply making a habit of forcing yourself to regularly break out of your headspace and finding the best ways that work for you personally in doing so, any long term goals you might be shooting for by using psychedelics to get the desired effect are going to be something you find hard to really achieve all that well.
>>
Cedric Buzzman - Thu, 10 May 2018 14:23:55 EST ID:uvUM3Np6 No.888683 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888631
Microdosing cannabis and shrooms definitely have worked for me. For years i had this anxiety, living my head, even had to quit job because of stress and anxiety, got even diagnosed for GAD at that time. At my lowest, i had nothing to rely on anymore, all was lost and i was ripping at my seams everyday. Around those times i got wise enough to give up alcohol and started to substitute my cravings with cannabis. Also around those times i stumbled upon mindfulness meditation. If i was 0,00001% better at each day, i was happy with the results. That was maybe 2 years ago. Now i am microdosing almost daily, always combining the experience with mindfulness meditation, and there is a major reduction of stress and anxiety. It is almost nonexistent. It almost seems that if i notice some discomfort, it either is old habit of my brain, old conditioning, or then it is my own construction that my subconciousness is putting at display. Usually it’s the latter. I have taken a habit when this occurs: i simply ask myself where is this i that suffers? Usually there is somekin of story or an ideal behind that feeling, which is always some kind of unaccaptance of what is. I never find anyone, and that kills the story, and anxiety is gone. At first, it was subtle, but there was a reduction in stress so i kept that habit. I actually found that from old book by paul brunton, where he discusses his concept of higher self. That was a real game changer for me.
Being present in this moment is something that i think have had the most positive effect, and cannabis definitely works for me as a supervitamin of now-moment, so to this day i have kept those together, they work for me really well. And i think that it is not the drugs that heal, it’s the connection to present moment that does it. Drugs are a tool or vehicle to get there. Nowadays, a sub 0,1g of quality bud vaped is a hours of quaranteed zen-bliss for me. It’s crazy.
I totally buy the idea that brains are programmable, but i think that the best we can do is to be here now as best as we can, so our unconcious mind can connect the dots. All we have to do meanwhile is to lead happy lives as skillfully as we can. Our brains will call BS on our constructions when they find some. There will always be some weird underlying suffering when that happens. It is then when i go on with my queries: where is this sufferer to be found? It cannot be anywhere but in this moment...
>>
Barnaby Dummleforth - Thu, 10 May 2018 22:06:16 EST ID:gKvH2xf9 No.888686 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888631
If you have trouble speaking/interacting with women MDMA will help with that.

For all other issues LSD, mushrooms, mescaline will work.

I have never tried DMT so I cannot comment.

2C-B will work in every situation but it isn't that powerful and has the potential to just be recreational.

If you choose LSD the author of the book "LSD Psychotherapy" that is being published by MAPS recommends a super high (40-100mg) dose of ritalin be administered some time after the LSD session to trigger a quicker reintegration of things learned on the trip.
>>
Albert Fonnerfield - Fri, 11 May 2018 04:08:38 EST ID:4v/35Dau No.888689 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888646
bruh. MDA
>>
Beatrice Fiffingbanks - Fri, 11 May 2018 07:08:21 EST ID:SF0X4wLk No.888690 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888686

For a minute there I read
>super high (40-100mg) dose of LSD
>>
Doris Dingerbire - Fri, 11 May 2018 20:56:27 EST ID:gKvH2xf9 No.888708 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888690
hahaha

Oh man.

Nope, not LSD. Just enough ritalin to get you super stimmed and then crash.
>>
Lillian Cecklefuck - Sun, 13 May 2018 16:36:24 EST ID:+K4M7IaA No.888756 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888631
I have ADHD, what made me have one of the best trips of my life was literally the first time, took hollandia truffles in a park which i grew up in with my childhood friend, shit felt like a wes anderson movie
>>
Jenny Hungerstock - Mon, 14 May 2018 00:27:34 EST ID:D1m7akYr No.888761 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526272054512.jpg -(105862B / 103.38KB, 1280x721) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
As a soon to be part of his Soto zen Sangha, i agree, mostly i've done a lot of psychedelics before, and nevermind enjoying then, i always felt this "what now" idea.
For instance, the progress i get in Zazen, changed me a whole lot, it made me keep those changes, when i did psys, it was like "woah thats so revealing of me", and then two days later, i'd be on my old patterns again, not to count the divine dellusions i'd get from it.
BUT, i must say, i wouldn't be were i am now without psys, psys made me realize i needed to change myself and somehow gave me the hint to start meditating, so there is that, i also know lots of people who swear that psys changed them for the better, so it might require a little try for you to know if thats your thing.
Im only planning now on trying DMT, im gonna get somo Yopo and snort it to see if its any different from what i've done (mushrooms, lsd, lsa, nbomes), the only form of dmt i've took before was ayahuasca, and i shit you not, i was the person who drank more in the ritual, the shaman looked at me and since im a big guy (for you), he game me more already, yet i felt almost nothing from it, so Yopo is my last try at it.
To finish it, people compare a lot meditating with psys, but i definitely disagree, the most intensive zazen practices i had, made me feel blissfully detached from myself, like i could definitely watch all the emotions and thoughts that came, and just not relate to then, i'd feel blissfull for the lack of identification, and some weird stuff that is not happyness in the common sense, since being happy at the time felt just like a vague emotion, more of a happy "in the core.
My psychedelic experiences on the other hand, always got me a Hyper identification idea, like of course i would not feel like my average self, sometimes as if i was possessed by another personality, or lacking a real personality, but still, whenever anything came, i felt overly attached to it, like anything you've felt, was expanded by a hundred times.
>>
Lillian Nemmernutch - Mon, 14 May 2018 02:43:09 EST ID:vh5A9b/+ No.888768 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888686
>MDMA will help with that

I dunno, I think YMMV. MDMA makes me even less talkative than usual, and yes I mean MDMA not MDxx.
>>
Nigel Fanworth - Mon, 14 May 2018 17:56:28 EST ID:pdEHGkjV No.888779 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888761
Dude I'm fuckin 250+ 6ft and 35 or 40 grams of good mimosa hostilis was a waaay more intense trip than a half oz of mushrooms, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more. If the DMT is there and the MAOI is working there will be no mistaking it, no hiding from it nor escaping it.
>>
Phineas Pickhood - Tue, 15 May 2018 21:52:40 EST ID:D1m7akYr No.888811 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888779
Yeah, im gonna try doing yopo seeds that i ordered now, since the Ayahuasca didn't really go for me, i might report later.
>>
Cornelius Deblinghot - Wed, 16 May 2018 06:35:41 EST ID:O61PecZf No.888823 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888811
You should do that. It's pretty fucking nuts and it'll be cool to see how it goes for you. Once you get down a procedure that works for you it's more a question of whether or not you have the guts to do it or how far those guts wI'll take you.
>>
Martin Divingspear - Wed, 16 May 2018 23:24:14 EST ID:cAVi9ww6 No.888842 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888646
Personally, I found stimulants to be good for doing the leg-work of writing, and psychedelics to be good for coming up with ideas and techniques. Although, the interest and immersion generated by stimulants can lead to great ideas as well.
>>
Jarvis Pockleridge - Wed, 16 May 2018 23:44:03 EST ID:TfyXeMgy No.888844 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888842
i would love to combine them, considering im inheritly add/adhd, and i function so well with them, with psychedelics would be something else for me
>>
Sidney Duckfoot - Thu, 17 May 2018 12:39:00 EST ID:nFf2+Jhm No.888856 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888844
Guy I know took a high dose of mushrooms during a low point when he was smoking meth and had an instant psychotic episode, just fucking lost his marbles. With that said you should moderate your doses closely if you're gonna so that.
>>
Doris Nablingson - Thu, 17 May 2018 13:14:58 EST ID:PYoqQ+AI No.888857 Ignore Report Quick Reply
am i going crazy or have you posted this before?
i wouldn't recomend DMT as a first psy, too intense
i tried a little bit of yopo and it was just mildly stimmy, VERY harsh on the nose
>>
Thomas Shakebury - Thu, 17 May 2018 16:43:01 EST ID:j5Z6tba9 No.888862 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888844
you would absolutely love mescaline, crazy stimulation, good visuals and other psychedelic features
>>
Shit Pongerpare - Fri, 18 May 2018 02:30:13 EST ID:OrYlTv3Y No.888872 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888862
yeah ive done it a few times, my favorite psychedelic for sure.
>>
Matilda Bibblegold - Fri, 18 May 2018 05:32:24 EST ID:iK8F8jxt No.888874 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888872

I hear it blew in from the desert.
>>
Hedda Hurringwutch - Fri, 18 May 2018 17:47:32 EST ID:aw0VLLOc No.888894 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888874
if it blew anything it was my mind

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.