420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
the "right mental state" by Matilda Clibberville - Sat, 12 May 2018 00:08:15 EST ID:HNF8lRGr No.888711 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1526098095183.jpg -(45941B / 44.86KB, 590x342) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 45941
The last time I did LSD was August. My life went downhill and I'm kind of scared of tripping again. My mind's not in the right place.

I used to trip once a month and enjoyed it. But I've been intentionally abstaining from LSD. It feels like there's never the right time or setting.

I have this vague idea of wanting to trip again. Anyone in the same boat? How do you quell your fears?
>>
John Sabblelad - Sat, 12 May 2018 02:06:07 EST ID:rXpoLi1E No.888715 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I think you just have to be open to the fact that you could have a positive experience.
>>
William Womblelock - Sat, 12 May 2018 06:49:43 EST ID:9XZy/yw8 No.888717 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888711
Whats the deal with acid that makes you want to do it again after a bad experience? It had obviously something to do with set and setting, but going into a trip with the thought of reliving that experience is a pretty good way of doing exactly that

Try some other psychedelic with the purpose of, ofcourse, tripping, but also becoming familiar again with the psychedelic realm without having to steer too close to the LSD territory

I found myself sort of in the same position as you not too long ago, and after a 2CB trip I felt completely rejuvinated on all aspects of life, also accepting a somewhat traumatic LSD experience just as "the past" and move on, making me a little less ( a lot less) anxious about doing LSD again

off to the DNMs you go!
>>
Hannah Sammerwork - Sat, 12 May 2018 07:43:04 EST ID:CFuybnH4 No.888718 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Would also recommend getting your feet wet again with some 2CB.
>>
Doris Dingerbire - Sat, 12 May 2018 09:40:35 EST ID:gKvH2xf9 No.888720 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888711
40-100 mg or ritalin will fix the issue if the LSD trip is causing psychic pain.

Source: "LSD Psychotherapy" Stanislov Grof
>>
William Womblelock - Sat, 12 May 2018 10:34:41 EST ID:9XZy/yw8 No.888722 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888720
"A session with Ritaline (40-100 milligrams) can occasionally help in the integra-
tion of material from the previous LSD session."

I think this is only viable in a professional psychiatric environment with people who know how to do psy-assisted psychotherapy, this doesn't seem to apply to just taking ritalin to process a traumatic lsd experience
>>
Ernest Greengold - Sat, 12 May 2018 16:27:14 EST ID:/k0gn0nq No.888734 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526156834467.gif -(457610B / 446.88KB, 320x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>888717
>Whats the deal with acid that makes you want to do it again after a bad experience?

I had this urge to do take acid again after a bad trip, but only like a year later. I think it has to do with knowing what psychs can do for you in terms of introspective cognisance, so you'll be able to understand your psyche and underlying problems giving you an ultimatum on how to deal with it.

Think about going through a traumatic experience, one that you don't want to think about at all because it brings you so much mental pain. Now take some LSD and it will inherently force you to remember it, look at it with a different perspective and potentially allow you to cope with it because in the grand scheme of all things universal, what happened to you does not define you and does not matter unless you let it.

But that's just a theory, a psyche theory!
>>
Shitting Sonnerdale - Sat, 12 May 2018 17:02:08 EST ID:zjJOyAA0 No.888735 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526158928366.jpg -(17225B / 16.82KB, 301x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>888711

Next time go into a dark cupboard and play this during the peak, you will be transformed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hTtsqiFCc
>>
Isabella Nungerweg - Sat, 12 May 2018 19:09:47 EST ID:SIweM4JP No.888740 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888735
That's funny, I listened to Shatners cover of Common People the first time i candyflipped. Highly recommend it.
>>
Beatrice Gonnerkot - Sun, 13 May 2018 05:40:23 EST ID:uaN4hIsR No.888744 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526204423643.png -(499868B / 488.15KB, 934x657) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>888735
Nice find. I like it. But, I think the video of this does it more justice and I also enjoyed that. Willliam Shatner appears at 0:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lul-Y8vSr0I.
>>
Rebecca Greenwater - Sun, 13 May 2018 07:30:28 EST ID:qjOkPq7O No.888748 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888744

great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthW1MgWYuE
>>
Caroline Sebbercocke - Tue, 15 May 2018 07:33:21 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.888790 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888711
It sounds like most, if not all, of the trips you've had have been at least neutral if not outright pleasant. Is there some reason to believe that you'll actually have a terrible experience just because you've been going through some turmoil? Set and setting are important factors to consider, but some people some pretty resistant to negative trips despite less than decent set and/or setting when taking the drugs.

A big part of what goes into the mind set part of this isn't necessarily so much how emotionally turbulent your experience has been lately so much as it is your outlook on the drugs you're taking and your self confidence/belief in how capable you are of dealing with any situations that taking them might have you finding yourself in.

In other words, even if your life has been pretty shit recently and you've been experiencing depression or whatnot, you may still be mentally resilient enough to wind up tripping just fine. Really it boils down to your openness to whatever experiences may come of tripping, being positive about your expectations of what's to come (yet still realistic enough to know that that in itself isn't a guarantee of a positive experience, which goes back to being open to whatever experience you may wind up having), and your ability to let go when it comes to things that are out of control or already in the past and to move forward despite that in an effort to make the most out of the situation you find yourself in and improve it by doing things and controlling what actually IS possible for you to control. Namely, what is in your control is your emotional reaction to what you are experiencing now and what you have experienced in the past. You can't help how you initially feel, but you can change how you let that feeling influence your thoughts, behaviors, and current/future emotional state.
>>
Caroline Sebbercocke - Tue, 15 May 2018 07:54:34 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.888791 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888790
I would go as far as to say that the "set" in "set and setting" actually refers to your mental resiliency skill set rather than your mindset at the time of tripping. The resiliency skill set is a more fundamental thing that winds up resulting in that mindset.

I mean, I think a good reason the potential for bad trips is so high in some people and the occurrence of them is fairly common is because what having a proper mindset actually means for everybody in general is such a nebulous concept.

Simply going into the experience when life is good or you happen to be in a good mood and a fairly positive outlook isn't is like playing Russian Roulette with trip outcome. None of those things guarantee a good trip, and neither do they guarantee a bad trip. A better, more predictable way of looking at it is as I've said: to have the proper mental tools and skill set at your disposal.

When you know how to handle stress and stressful situations, negative feelings/sensations and experiences, and to let go of what you can't control or change and focus more on what you can to make the most out of your current situation, you are capable of turning bad experiences into ultimately good experiences... or at the very least, valuable and incredibly informative learning experiences. Just because something is "bad" in general or in a specific way doesn't mean it's all bad or that it can't be good somehow. Bad experiences in themselves are invaluable to truly learning about the nature of ourselves and the world we inhabit. They also needn't be as bad as you might be inclined to perceive them.

I mean, what is "bad" really anyway? Is it bad to feel terror, dread, or to be totally incapable of understanding what is happening? Why? Just because initially some aspect of your self is inclined to believe it to be? What's so bad about it? That it's uncomfortable? What is always comfortable? Is an experience that is always comfortable actually any better than one that sometimes isn't? What does an experience like that really have to teach you?

I mean, just on the topic of comfort, should you really be taking a psychedelic in particular if that is the kind of experience you want? Why not go for something more "feels good" drugs wise, like an opioid or something? Psychedelics are the type of drug that challenges your beliefs and the status quo, one that people most often claim to take as part of a desire to learn things about themselves and the nature of existence (as well they probably should). It's not really my place to say what reasons/motivation somebody should have for taking psychedelics, let alone any drug, but it's definitely fair to say that if you're just trying to take them to have a nice, feel good kind of experience, you're just asking for trouble.
>>
Caroline Sebbercocke - Tue, 15 May 2018 07:56:11 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.888792 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888791
good mood and a fairly positive outlook is** like playing Russian Roulette with trip outcome
>>
Fuck Nicklespear - Tue, 15 May 2018 09:10:59 EST ID:dfBTLAu9 No.888795 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just do it when you feel ready again.
>>
Hannah Sibberdick - Tue, 15 May 2018 15:24:30 EST ID:uxJE+Itk No.888803 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888711
you're not tripping if you're not scared
>>
Barnaby Miblingford - Tue, 15 May 2018 16:08:17 EST ID:REAebja2 No.888804 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888803

Huh? You can utterly trip balls with no fear.
>>
Hamilton Sicklewater - Tue, 15 May 2018 17:01:29 EST ID:ZgfrcNMJ No.888805 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888803
that is generally true while you are still on earth.
>>
Caroline Sebbercocke - Tue, 15 May 2018 17:41:11 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.888809 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888805
eh, gonna have to side with barnaby on this one. any time i've tripped enough nuts to no longer be "on earth", i've also lost any proper concept of the self beyond being aware that I'm an observer and still on some level an active participant (not total ego death/ego loss, that is to say), but concepts like threats or danger no longer exist
>>
Phoebe Murdcocke - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:05:29 EST ID:4lwkdJKv No.888813 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888809
its rather subjective isnt it? i hit a cop in the face once when i was OBE..
>>
Hamilton Blogglepad - Tue, 15 May 2018 22:44:14 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.888815 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888813
of course. that's why i said any time that I've tripped enough nuts to no longer be "on earth". i was mainly responding to hamilton trying to sound like some kind of hardass, not making a statement that it's impossible that anyone tripping that hard could feel fear.
>>
Beatrice Brookcocke - Wed, 16 May 2018 06:28:05 EST ID:REAebja2 No.888822 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888809

I don't know, everything just becomes so silly and trivial, like a serious angry face just becomes like a joke, like it all turns into an exaggerated cartoon.
>>
Awe !!vVWR8L52 - Thu, 17 May 2018 05:09:28 EST ID:W69QLDMJ No.888849 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888809
dude, that was the point of the post, you just repeated it.
>>
Cedric Dunderhane - Thu, 17 May 2018 07:29:04 EST ID:BPf5wvpP No.888850 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888711

I used to get cold feet and abstain like this back then when I thought I need a good reason to trip. Of course after I did and came up, I just laughed back at how clueless my sober self was. Now whenever I'm not sure I just check if I slept enough, turn my phone off and eat the damn acid, I don't think I've ever been disappointed.

Remember that it's only fear that turns trips bad. That, and lack of sleep.
>>
Eugene Pickwell - Thu, 17 May 2018 11:08:28 EST ID:iK8F8jxt No.888854 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888711

After all this, all that conclusion to come to is interesting, that world is 4% football and 100% magic.
>>
Simon Murdwill - Thu, 17 May 2018 11:56:37 EST ID:Q6br+tGV No.888855 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888850
And alcohol consumed prior. I've never had a gentle come up if we had alcohol in the past 72 hours.
>>
Nicholas Dacklekin - Fri, 18 May 2018 14:47:10 EST ID:W69QLDMJ No.888887 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888850
Only definite answers defined by indefinite future are probable outcomes to consider regarding your idea of psychedelic come up.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.