420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Impending death by Lillian Lightwill - Thu, 17 May 2018 08:04:05 EST ID:poK8a4MC No.888851 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1526558645371.jpg -(244025B / 238.31KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 244025
Greetings, /psy/

So, the last few times I tripped on relatively high doses of acid, I had an experience that is going to be a bit hard to explain but I'll try anyway, hoping it rings a bell for at least someone.

At the peak of the trip, there will come a moment where a feeling of impending doom will wash over me and it starts to feel like I'm stuck in one single "frame" of time. It's an animated frame, things around me are still moving, but it's as if this movement is artificial and the universe will never actually regain its momentum of moving forward. I get the feeling that a higher force is toying with me and having a laugh at my expense. This triggers extreme anxiety, my brain starts telling me something very detrimental to my well-being is about to happen despite my set and setting being perfect prior to the trip. The most intense fear starts building inside me, a feeling so powerful that I don't think any situation in my normal, sober life could ever actually trigger it.

This is where my realities start "splitting" in every sense of the word. My entire field of vision doubles, then triples, then quadruples ad infinitum, and in each of these copied images completely different events start to unfold, even though they have the same point of origin. The realities branch out and start differing from each other more and more and it quickly reaches the point where I can no longer keep track of the "real" reality. It's like all the possibilities starting from that one point in space and time are being presented to me but every one of them is hurtling towards my agonizing death. I get the feeling that the aforementioned higher force is making me perpetually live through an infinite number of death scenarios. As if I'm being punished like the Greek Titan Prometheus.

Having already gone through this a couple of times, I have learned to recognize it when it happens and the last time I tripped, I tried desperately to remind myself that this has happened before and I had still come out the other side unscathed. However, the entire experience is so overwhelmingly convincing that my brain instead deduces that those previous experiences, along with my entire life leading up to that point are mere figments of my imagination giving me false hope.

My death never actually comes in any of those scenarios and I never actually experience any physical discomfort in any of them, but for a while I'm stuck in a state of unimaginable dread, as if I have a million nooses around my million necks and I'm waiting for a million executioners to pull a million chairs from under my feet. Eventually something causes me to snap out of it and after landing back in normal reality, I realize that what felt like many eternities to me was actually mere minutes. The rest of the trip always goes fine and I'm able to laugh it off soon even though I still feel shaken for a little while afterwards.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Obviously it seems to be some sort of thought loop and I've actually become a little better at freeing myself from it each time it's happened, but I find it weird that it's the exact same experience followed by the exact same thoughts and feelings every time. Nothing in my life is really bothering me besides normal everyday troubles that everyone goes through and I never had any problems with anxiety outside of these little episodes. Is it just a part of the psychedelic experience I'll have to deal with and try to become better at overcoming?
>>
Eugene Pickwell - Thu, 17 May 2018 08:16:42 EST ID:iK8F8jxt No.888852 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526559402373.jpg -(106304B / 103.81KB, 1680x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>888851
>>
Awe !!vVWR8L52 - Thu, 17 May 2018 08:57:22 EST ID:W69QLDMJ No.888853 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888851
Very interesting.

Maybe if you process this anxiety to the point of being able to die peacefully even knowing what is going to happen would change the experience into something else. I mean maybe there's a point to it repeating in a very similar fashion, or that's just what's in store for you, dunno, just thinking out loud.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Thu, 17 May 2018 13:33:01 EST ID:Y9/NV241 No.888858 Ignore Report Quick Reply
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Yes. Par for the course. I never feel doom or dread from it, but the splitting of timelines and experiencing all the options simultaneously, very common running theme in my trips, particularly lysergamides.
>>
Eugene Pickwell - Thu, 17 May 2018 13:39:24 EST ID:iK8F8jxt No.888859 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888858

Yeah it's almost like you find a decider computer.

BURGER FART!
>>
Eugene Pickwell - Thu, 17 May 2018 13:43:08 EST ID:iK8F8jxt No.888860 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888859

I did LSD five hundred times in a million years, and no one knows what I'm talking about. IN A MILLION YEARS!!!
>>
Sophie Bardford - Thu, 17 May 2018 14:20:50 EST ID:YTc4ekIb No.888861 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888851

Very interesting. Can I ask how much you take, OP?
>>
Phineas Drurrybudge - Fri, 18 May 2018 01:30:49 EST ID:sRi9J2d3 No.888870 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526621449459.jpg -(197038B / 192.42KB, 573x322) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Who says your trips are supposed to be fun?
Just accept it.
>>
Charlotte Fazzleville - Fri, 18 May 2018 07:24:35 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.888875 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I actually experienced an almost similar hallucination once.
Except it was just a few seconds later from your hallucination.

I experienced my mind still conscious in my body, but my brain already being dead - over and over and over again. Always experiencing a single second of being stuck in a rotting corpse.

Really turned me off from all that new age mumbo jumbo of quantum-souls that persist after death. Imagine just being inside a rotting corpse forever.
>>
Matilda Bibblegold - Fri, 18 May 2018 07:26:48 EST ID:iK8F8jxt No.888876 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888875

LOL
>>
Matilda Bibblegold - Fri, 18 May 2018 07:49:28 EST ID:iK8F8jxt No.888878 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>888870

yeah this

LSD is punishingly hard
>>
Hedda Hurringwutch - Fri, 18 May 2018 08:35:43 EST ID:aw0VLLOc No.888879 Ignore Report Quick Reply
holy shit op, i had this exact experience you described on 900ug of lsd, i took a 10strip

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.