Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Netjester is chatting 24/7 on Twitch and channel subscribers can use his emoticon
How to keep those receptors firing during a 4 day festival??? by Edward Gishfutch - Sun, 01 Jul 2018 17:40:43 EST ID:OtcRtx3+ No.890000 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1530481243295.jpg -(469650B / 458.64KB, 696x1077) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 469650
Hey /psy/ just had a question I thought would be best suited for you kind bunch. So how do you all maintain and last 3-4 days off of little sleep, little food, and mounting tolerances to drugs?

What's your secret method? I know starting slow helps. Doing 3 tabs the first day is a sure fire way to make you need way more later.

Is the key just variety and switching it up? I had good luck at a 4day festival where I did acid one day, then molly, then acid, then molly. And by the last day things weren't really kicking and it took awhile to hit and when it did it just lasted for that one perfect set.

Rest days are always an option (especially at a 4 dayer) but sometimes you just got these super trippy people spread over the days and its tough to pick a day to chill.

So what do you all do to keep those neurotransmitters alive?
>>
Samuel Pittbury - Sun, 01 Jul 2018 18:20:11 EST ID:VQgd0ByF No.890001 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>890000
Literally the most effective thing you can do is ensure that you actually get an acceptable amount of sleep and to eat right and hydrate properly. The way the body keeps those receptors firin is by by absorbing the nutrients lost from physical stress and the compounds that enzymes in the brain use to synthesize various neurotransmitters, along with giving the other homeostatic processes that balance out the day's neural activity and bodily stress by engaging in activities that activate the parasympathetic nervous system like taking a rest period (meditating works well if you don't want to simply relax), eating and digesting food, and sleeping a chance to perform the function they've been structured as selected for by millenia of natural pressures and risks to our ancestors' survial to perform.

All the constant stimulation without rest and sleep in particular wreaks havoc with the brain's ability to balance out and reverse the effects of the feedback mechanisms that exist to prevent neurotoxicity and cell death (along with regulating your perceptions and ability to perceive, otherwise shit would lose coherence entirely after a while, like is observable with extended periods of sleep deprivation). The most well known feedback mechanism is the development of a tolerance. Getting sleep is what allows for the reversal and prevention of longer lasting tolerance build up.

The only thing I can think of that doesn't involve doing all the things you said you won't be doing but still wish to keep thinks functioning alright is to take moderately small dose of a dissociative anesthetic concurrently with any other drugs you wind up taking. The NMDA antagonism prevents the process known as Long-Term Potentiation from taking place. LTP is believed to be the rudimentary mechanism the brain uses for learning. NMDA neurons that undergo LTP act as what can be thought of as a coincidence detection system that allows for the recognition and learning of previously observed patterns. A fair amount of studies along with plenty of anecdotal reports by people who dose a dis at the same time as another drug corroborate the idea that antagonism of the NMDA neurons results in the temporary prevention of the build up of a tolerance. Lot's of people who are prescribed amphetamines for ADHD, for instance, will take 60mg of DXM every time they take their prescription and it prevents the development (or at least, further development if one already exists) of a tolerance to their medication (or drug of abuse, lol).
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Sun, 01 Jul 2018 18:45:45 EST ID:Y9/NV241 No.890003 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>890001
> Literally the most effective thing you can do is ensure that you actually get an acceptable amount of sleep and to eat right and hydrate properly.
This. 4 days of tripping is totally doable if you don't just let your body atrophy.
That being said the thing about LTP has nothing to do with /psy/s and doesn't make fuck all difference (I would know).

As for how to keep it going? Fuck. Just have enough drugs to keep doing them everyday. All the basic rules of tolerance will apply, but if you have 20 tabs* who gives a fuck? You can always go home with leftovers.

* and 2g of M, a q of blow, a q of K, and enough benzos to knock you out every night
>>
Barnaby Muckleville - Sun, 01 Jul 2018 21:05:52 EST ID:VQgd0ByF No.890010 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>890003
>hat being said the thing about LTP has nothing to do with /psy/s and doesn't make fuck all difference (I would know).
Interesting. I myself wasn't really sure if predosing or concurrently dosing an NMDA antagonist would prevent tolerance when it comes to psychedelics or not. I have to ask though, do you have any sources concerning this/have you actually looked this up at all, or is this just reporting your personal experience?

I've tripped on megadoses several days in a row and while combining both psys and dissos (along with other drugs too sometimes) back when I was really deep in the shit. I never took a dissociative with a psychedelic for the purpose of preventing tolerance or to test it out at all so I don't have any real input on the matter.

Honestly, I was using so much so often and my tolerances to basically everything was pretty ridiculous in general, there wouldn't be any objective way of getting any meaningful/useful data out of my experiences anyway.

But yeah, if you've got any sources, please share. I'm gonna go google this myself, but you've got me interested now and any good sources you already know of would be something I'd be interested in looking at and appreciate you sharing.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Sun, 01 Jul 2018 23:14:53 EST ID:Y9/NV241 No.890012 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>890010
I don't have a source specifically about psychedelics (other than my own use history and experimenting with this exact idea) but from my understanding LTP/LTD is long-term (and I don't just say that facetiously). It takes more than one dose (or stimulus) to make a genuine neurological impact unless the stimulus is incredibly strong. And if a single stimulus is strong enough to make an impact I doubt that NMDA antagonism is gonna prevent it from happening. It makes sense with amps because tolerance builds quickly but is not the same triple-the-dose brick wall tolerance of /psy/.

My best experiment with this concept was using Memantine every morning at a festival. It potentiated each trip the way /dis/ does, but my doses over the weekend still went up at approximately the same rate they would have anyway. Day 1 was 1 tab, day 2 was 2.5, day 3 was a 10 strip. The last trip was the strongest, but not by a whole lot. The middle day was definitely the weakest. It did however seem to make the Molly keep working pretty strong the whole time though (going back to the idea that it helps with drugs that build some tolerance immediately).
>>
Martha Smallman - Sun, 01 Jul 2018 23:45:45 EST ID:82H6cLTg No.890014 Ignore Report Quick Reply
stims and food + whatever other drug u want
>>
Edward Himmlewad - Wed, 04 Jul 2018 13:15:17 EST ID:I24R9tiJ No.890095 Ignore Report Quick Reply
For me it's triggering the survival responses in the body. My yearly festival is 7 days, but the last two days are basically dead and useless so in practice it's only 5. For me it just gets more and more intense in terms of substances from day 1 till day 3, where I spend day 4 absolutely fucked until on day 5 I am just reborn and have another trip day, or spend an entire day with a jug of hash milk getting more and more stoned until I'm just tripping off the weed in the evening.

When I'm at home, that much weed just fucks my mind in the ass and makes me a foggy mess, but at a festival after those 4 intense days, even higher amounts of lower-quality hash give me an absolutely amazing fucking time.

But I take this festival very seriously. First time around it led to me discovering my thesis topic which got me my degree, second time around I managed to solve almost all problems in my life in one grand trip, so I let the whole thing pummel me to the brink until these kinds of life-changing experiences are just forced out of me in a do or die situation.

Usually it goes like, modafinil on day 1, and in the evening MDMA with coffee and hash milk (which I take right before the opening ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYzbZC3zYYE), then Tuesday some form of oilahuasca or an ayahuasca microdose with a random bunch of added stimulants like guarana or kola nut. Then Wednesdays I usually have my LSD trip which is kind of the peak of the experience. Until that trip, I feel uneasy at the festival, little things bother me like waiting lines or the bad food and shit. Then on my trip I find what I came for and that will have already made the whole week worth it, the next 4 days will just be a bonus added on top with no obligations.

Usually I chill out on the Thursday because I can't sleep on LSD (and that is basically the only time I'm actually fucked, if I could get a good night's sleep after LSD I'd go twice as hard on a Thursday), then Friday I come back with another big trip off some substance (like the aforementioned hash milk day, but I usually like to trip again off a proper psychedelic and have the hash milk on the Saturday).

At home I wouldn't be able to do this but at this festival, just... the conditions are so shit, yet I can get so much out of it, I kind of let the whole thing pummel me (drugs wise and conditions wise) so my body just brings out that survival response. It's like all my receptors are just massively enhanced in terms of sensitivity and the quality of every drug experience is enhanced as well.

I wouldn't start too hard, but not too slow either.
>>
Augustus Hazzledag - Wed, 04 Jul 2018 18:39:54 EST ID:Su32ZUq9 No.890110 Ignore Report Quick Reply
vitamin b, electrolytes or potassium/magnesium supplements plus food/sleep
>>
Samuel Fengerchin - Thu, 12 Jul 2018 03:20:44 EST ID:/2kWK7ol No.890313 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>890000
At LiB this year, I did group yoga on the last day and it totally revitalized me! Definitely try it next festival you go to
>>
Luxinbuts, Fuxinsluts - Fri, 13 Jul 2018 10:09:36 EST ID:E8j2BAkA No.890337 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've been to 3 festivals this past year. The first one was my first in some years, mostly just did MDMA and Ketamine.

But the last two festivals I went to were 4-day festivals, and this is how we planned it out to keep it going:
Day 1: Only MDMA (reduced 3x), and Ketamine towards the END of the night (1g)
Day 2: Smoke weed most of the morning and early afternoon. Around 5pm, eat 3.5 of mushrooms. A couple hours later start eating MDMA. For the last two shows of the night, used 1g of Ketamine
Day 3: Again, smoke weed most of the morning. Around 2pm eat a 250mg of MDA. Around 6pm take 4 doses of STRONG/CLEAN LSD to compensate the mushroom trip and leave me with a 1-2 tab level experience (which is pretty intense because of the paper in question), Smoked DMT during Shpongles set and did 1.5g of Ketamine for Thriftworks pre-game and show
Day 4: Ate all the rest of the MDMA, Smoked DMT, then smoked lots and lots of weed.

That last day, there was almost ZERO effect from the MDMA. Other than that, all my trips and rolls were right up to satisfaction, and it wasn't TOO draining of a weekend either. The only regret I had at the end of the last fest was doing all my GHB before I got there.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.