Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Acid trips and your gut by Fanny Seddleforth - Wed, 09 Jan 2019 19:50:59 EST ID:dc0v3ut9 No.894356 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1547081459164.jpg -(4572046B / 4.36MB, 5312x2988) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 4572046
Took acid yesterday for the first time in about 5 years. Stopped years ago because I was having really bad trips. Had another bad trip again yesterday. I'm trying to figure out why - and I suspect it's because the current state of my gut is that it's pretty dysfunctional. No mental issues - no stress really, steady job with decent pay, have a decent apartment in a nice area. Before I developed these gut issues my trips were incredible. Ever since though, every single acid trip has been horrific. Nightmare, trainwreck trips. Anyone have experience tripping with gut issues??
>>
Martha Blytheway - Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:28:17 EST ID:Em9oQd2S No.894361 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>894356
I honestly doubt that's the reason why unless you're so unnaturally predisposed to a high potential for bad trips that the state of your gut is enough to cause one. Not to sound like an ass, but have you actually read that idea back out loud? It's not impossible by any means, but it sounds rather ridiculous. It seems like something only somebody not quite mentally healthy could say that and it actually be likely that the gut is enough to trigger bad trips.

You should seriously consider that, by the sounds of it, that you've got a lot of neurosis if this is actually the impetus for your bad trips. Nobody you would consider mentally healthy would get a nightmare trip because their gut was in disarray.
>>
Priscilla Fecklehare - Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:15:43 EST ID:dc0v3ut9 No.894370 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>894361
Ridiculous?
LSD binds to serotonin receptors...and there are more serotonin receptors in your gut than anywhere else in your body, including the brain. That's really not ridiculous at all, it's perfectly reasonable. Whenever I have a bad trip, I vomit about 8-10 times throughout the trip, and my stomach feels super fucked up.

That's why I'm trying to see if people who have gut issues can still trip, because that would mean I'm probably wrong and it's something else, which I have to figure out.
>>
Charles Turveystock - Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:56:13 EST ID:7ybtrJEe No.894372 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Do you eat literal crap then? Maybe try one of those 'juice cleanses'? Like you drink mostly liquids made from pressed greens and roots and it should 'flush' your digestive tract. But I'm with the other posters, I think it's in your head. You're the one that needs to be honest about that at the end of the day though. And I've never heard of someone puking so much from LSD. I'm not calling you out, just remarking that this is a very weird situation and I really wish you the best recovery.
>>
Polly Sicklebick - Fri, 11 Jan 2019 07:53:47 EST ID:3Be4ot6N No.894377 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>894370
>LSD binds to serotonin receptors...and there are more serotonin receptors in your gut than anywhere else in your body, including the brain. That's really not ridiculous at all, it's perfectly reasonable.

No, it isn't really when you consider that the 5-HT4 receptor subtype is the one primarily involved in gut function and LSD doesn't have any appreciable affinity for that receptor subtype.

Nausea and vomiting can be symptoms arising from LSD's effects that don't happen to be related to or mediated by the serotonin receptors in the gut, you know that right?

Besides, my point wasn't that having a fucked up gut while tripping isn't possible or likely or whatever you your response seems to imply is what you got out of my post. My point was that some nausea and discomfort in the gut shouldn't be enough on their own to send you spiraling out of control into a nightmarish hellscape of a an experience--the thought of which being true of you sounds ridiculous to me no matter how you cut things. You don't find it even a little bit absurd that something like that is so easily capable of causing you to have a bad trip? Really?
>>
Caroline Backlewit - Fri, 11 Jan 2019 14:32:42 EST ID:lCnvJL9C No.894381 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>894356

ITs hard to say with this kinda thing, but I would say that anxiety about gut issues is probably setting off the bad trips. Where the gut issues arise from if not stress or anxiety is something you know more about than we do. But I would say get your insides sorted before tripping as it is clearly a hang up for you. I've had/have (its way better than it was) gut stuff from a terrible tropical infection that lasted almost a year and I abstained from tripping for that time because I knew it would send me to a bad place. See a doctor, do some research, get ur diet and probiotics on. If you suspect actual damage check out bpc-157 or something. Also make sure that you arent just pushing your stress into you body by ignoring it mentally. Stress fucks ur gut up.
>>
Martin Didgespear - Fri, 11 Jan 2019 19:06:05 EST ID:BfngfDMW No.894387 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>894356
not a ridiculous idea IMO. Amazonian shamans often eat a specific diet before tripping for this exact reason. And with all the research coming out linking general mood to gut microbiota, it seems even more reasonable.
>>
Alice Hissleseck - Fri, 11 Jan 2019 19:49:46 EST ID:MU5DQUTc No.894389 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>894377
>My point was that some nausea and discomfort in the gut shouldn't be enough on their own to send you spiraling out of control into a nightmarish hellscape of a an experience--the thought of which being true of you sounds ridiculous to me no matter how you cut things
I don't see why a persistent physical discomfort during a trip couldn't do that, it consistently making you feel shitty and it spiralling.

Then again, if he's used to having bad trips then tripping probably just reminds him of past bad trips which is going to be an even bigger trigger for yet more bad trips.
>>
Augustus Blunnerfoot - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 22:46:33 EST ID:d9QiNoLt No.894418 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My last 5 mushroom trips have been bad the second was brought to an end when I used the toilet. The release of the nights pressure from my stomach made all the negative issues just disappear. I used to gass all through the night when tripping but not it feels like I am just going to shit my self so I would hold them back. I don't know if acid does the same but maybe that could be part of you're issue. My guts to are kinda messed up I have started drinking water only because energy drinks make my stomach bloat and feel hard.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.