420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Sorry for Vague by Hugh Blackridge - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 06:20:48 EST ID:TQeGA7XC No.514631 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1490005248924.jpg -(105553B / 103.08KB, 1000x682) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 105553
I understand intellectually that I need to take personal responsibility for my actions, because no one is going to fix me life except me

It's just, I feel like all my real mistakes were made because I trusted a lifetime of bad advice given to me by people who weren't even aware they were lying. I spent to long focused on the wrong things, and I let amazing things slip through my fingers. Now nothing has meaning.

I just with there were some authority I could seek for an apology but nothing will ever satisfy that urge.

thank you for reading.
>>
Edwin Moshbidging - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:21:55 EST ID:yUhAjzvV No.514635 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>514631
Well considering the modern zeitgeist of everyone being a winner, you can be anything you want to be, and not being allowed to fail in general, I feel a lot of people can probably relate. Then again, I'm sure that's just the bad advice/messages parroted to our specific generation. I'm sure all of them so far have had shit advice they grew up hearing that they found out later was untrue or led them astray.

I can't say that I don't empathize with you, considering I feel much the same way (at least with the bad advice that they all genuinely believed in but turned out to be shit), but I don't personally think the advice itself is what landed me where I'm at now. Maybe I'm deluding myself, but I genuinely believe everyone has to wade through that horseshit advice and life sayings and figure out what they're supposed to be doing on their own after hitting a low point. That is unless they're incredibly lucky because they're super rich or something.

Once all the old meaning that things had for you gets stripped away by finally realizing the reality you find yourself in, you have to start making up the meaning from scratch based on your updated world view. That being said, this isn't as bad of a thing as it might seem right now. This was bound to happen at some point in your life, at least it happened for you while you were still relatively young, you know? I found myself at that point about 5 years ago and grew despondent for a while. Now though, things are finally fucking getting back on track, and although things will never be the same as they used to (everything having new meaning basically), there's nothing wrong with how things are now. When are things ever the same as they used to be? It might suck ass for a while, but you'll be better for it in the long run.
>>
Jarvis Gasslenut - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:59:50 EST ID:j5fiPK2O No.514643 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>514631
Taking personal responsibility for your actions means the present and future. The past is done. You're in this situation and now you have to make the best of it. We are all dealt different hands in life all we can do is make the most of them. And really the past is as set in stone and unchangeable as the things before you were born. You're holding this hand at this moment. You can play it and that is all.

Closure or that feeling of things being made right is something you can only give yourself.

A lot of us have been let down or given less than perfect opportunities or taught lies or whatever. It doesn't change that you have your opportunities, strengths, weaknesses and limits and you have to do the best you can.

That is my experience of life.
>>
Angus Crublingshit - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 03:39:37 EST ID:ntgbOcpq No.514654 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i feel you op, i feel you hard.

I blame doctors mostly, but i get you even if thats not what you mean

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.