420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Fuck this shitty year by Ian Pingergold - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 21:44:04 EST ID:UrQwPY3E No.518720 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1505094244187.jpg -(83209B / 81.26KB, 580x812) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 83209
How come a year gets to be so shitty? How come things just add up to be so shitty? Last year I traveled the world, I had a girlfriend, I had girls fall in love with me, I got a scholarship, I fell in love.

This year I failed everything I started, I distanced myself from one of my best friends, I did bad in college, the girl I fell in love with dumped me from one day to the next and never regreted it, every date I've had this year has been failure, aside from one I had by absolute chance with a girl that lives 2 hours away, and doesn't seem to want to see me again.

I feel so fucking lonely. How come last year I had so many people (girls especially tbh) show interest in me and this year I feel like such a fucking loser? I don't feel I'm doing things so differently from last year, on the contrary, I've been training more, reading more, and doing more stuff lately (at least since the second half of 2017).

I don't really know what I'm hoping for here, I just feel a bit hopeless, a bit in dispair. Last year I thought things were finally going to be good for me. After 25 years of sadness I was finally going to start being happy. And suddenly, down the shithole again. Everythings shit again. I'm really doing my best here. So why does everything still suck so bad?
>>
Eliza Tootstock - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 23:15:48 EST ID:JkOpLGTl No.518721 Ignore Report Quick Reply
anti depressnt (saint johns wort) not ur thrpy
read
make
work
out?()
>>
Phyllis Clemmerway - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 23:34:27 EST ID:V3Jfpnxf No.518722 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This is a wake up call. Attention from others is never guaranteed, even if you're doing the same thing (or doing better than last year).

Loneliness and despair can be a positive thing. You should be as objective as possible with yourself, hunker down and ask what you really want in life and what you're going to do.

Nothing is guaranteed in this world, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.
>>
Phyllis Clemmerway - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 23:34:27 EST ID:V3Jfpnxf No.518723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This is a wake up call. Attention from others is never guaranteed, even if you're doing the same thing (or doing better than last year).

Loneliness and despair can be a positive thing. You should be as objective as possible with yourself, hunker down and ask what you really want in life and what you're going to do.

Nothing is guaranteed in this world, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.
>>
Sophie Billingbury - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 00:48:19 EST ID:GRpOrFgT No.518724 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518720
Try fasting for a few weeks, and get back in touch with what's really important.
>>
Alice Shittingdale - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:18:38 EST ID:a0EoQjH4 No.518748 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505233118661.jpg -(130619B / 127.56KB, 720x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Do you have a resistance to happiness/what you want?

This could be a subconscious resistance, but whatever you think about, you bring about (if that makes sense).

Now, I know what you must be thinking. "The law of attraction is bullshit, how do you explain that to somebody whose reality is not what they want it to be?"

Well, your reality can be manifested through your unconscious and conscious beliefs. You may want to explore the possibility that you have a lot of beliefs about life that don't serve you. What do I mean by this?

Do you have the belief that you deserve to be unhappy? Do you have the belief that you deserve to be lonely? Do you feel that you are good enough? Is your isolation a coping mechanism? What are your beliefs about other people? Do you think the Universe is out to get you, and that it wants to make you suffer?

Ultimately, this is something that you can only change through self-awareness. Be careful not to change something about yourself out of resistance, because it won't work. You need to practice self-acceptance, realization and then once you have addressed the belief or thought that doesn't serve you, you can move forward on changing that thought or belief.

I would suggest going about your day trying to find things that are already in your reality of what you do want. It could be the belonging you feel from a pet, or even the belonging you feel on when you're walking through the forest or something. It could be anything. Start by little things. And then work on finding ways to validate yourself that you are worthy of these things, and that the Universe is on your side, and is not against you.

The default state of life is meant to be joy, not depression and loneliness. It doesn't matter how hard you try on your external reality (like buying new houses, going some place else, working the best job), what your reality reflects is the beliefs and the thoughts you have whether unconsciously or consciously.
>>
Nathaniel Suppernitch - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:24:05 EST ID:twMAaV8o No.518754 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518720
it can turn on a dime

don't forget it goes the other way too
>>
Shit Gittingfoot - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 17:08:05 EST ID:yUhAjzvV No.518791 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518748
>The default state of life is meant to be joy, not depression and loneliness.
That's a false dichotomy. Besides, the default state of life isn't "meant" to be anything in particular. Your world outlook sounds like a total fantasy.
>>
Samuel Grimstock - Fri, 15 Sep 2017 00:09:16 EST ID:L1SDMUBs No.518797 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's God's way of telling you to come back to the light of Jesus Christ, your Savior.
>>
Charles Cammlefoot - Fri, 15 Sep 2017 00:09:38 EST ID:h/1sxUpj No.518798 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518748
>The default state of life is meant to be joy, not depression and loneliness

Bullshit. I think this thinking is part of the reason a lot of people are so miserable. It's simply not realistic to feel joy all the time. You shouldn't expect to be miserable all the time, but expecting near constant euphoria is a sure way to set yourself up for disappointment, which just begets more sadness.

Contentment, at least of the time, that might be realistic. Joy is like the state you feel when you're playing with a puppy, or on drugs or something. It's simply not in any way realistic or sustainable to feel like that all the time, though often society gives us the impression that that is how it should be.
>>
Charles Cammlefoot - Fri, 15 Sep 2017 00:10:51 EST ID:h/1sxUpj No.518799 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518798
>Contentment, at least most of the time

Is what that was meant to say.
>>
Alice Caggleham - Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:29:12 EST ID:qbos02Rd No.518820 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505572152246.png -(154321B / 150.70KB, 960x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
i relate 10000%. It was exactly the same for me. Got an awesome scholarship (abroad) last year, got my first girlfriend, built a life with many friends here, etc.
Then this year I lost everything. Girlfriend moved back home and left me (she broke up with me yesterday), most friends went back home, am failing my scholarship, etc...

I guess it will suck for a while, but it will get better. But I agree with
>>518722

It might life calling you to a few harsh realities as well as the fact that you drive your own life. You could realize (as I am doing right now) that you want a different life. Then, build it on firmer foundations. In the end, you can only make an effort towards things, but it is a great idea to be obtain self-knowledge as pointed out by
>>518748, in order to be sure that what you think you want is what you actually want and it is a good idea.

Anyway, I wish us all success with building a great life.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.