420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
got diabetes, feels bad by Martha Ponkinchet - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:46:07 EST ID:X3RiVy2C No.518755 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1505249167829.jpg -(10446B / 10.20KB, 228x221) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 10446
One week ago I got diagnosed with diabetes type 1. Somehow my immune system choose to attack all the insuline in my body. Got to stab myself 5 times a day with needle's now. Feels bad men.
>>
Hamilton Soffingfoot - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 17:03:44 EST ID:jPpWgI0N No.518756 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518755
Just make believe you're a hardcore rocker with a heroin addiction. Or a hardboiled cop with a heroin addiction. Or a club kid shooting ket. The possibilities are endless. Make your needle stabby time an adventure. It's literally that or suffer. The choice is yours.
>>
Ian Serrywon - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 22:53:17 EST ID:TV4zAmlp No.518759 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518756
Or he could actually start doing some heroin and ketamine once a week or so, not too much but enough to where needles start looking fun. Like how when you smoke enough, the act of smoking is relaxing.

Don't do too much heroin though OP because that's gonna make your health worse. Well it'll make you eat less so that's good I guess, get some granola bars
>>
Beatrice Fipperfield - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 13:03:52 EST ID:WV91K+Uu No.518764 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518755
Look, shit sucks but it could be worse. It's type 1 so it's just shit luck. I have a friend who got it after having pancreatic cancer at 13 and she deals with it. It didn't seem like she was using big gnarly needles though sometimes she'd fuck up and go into a hypo. Make sure your closest friends etc can identify one and know to help. Keep a supply of emergency coke/mars bars/sugar so you can combat one if you get it and put it somewhere safe. Make sure it stays in date. Get advice from actual diabetics who manage their condition, don't be one of those people who is in denial and regularly nearly dies. Accept you have it and make the most of your new limits rather than ignoring it and and fucking everything up.

Look I know it's not a problem I have but people cope with it just fine. You're going to be pissed and hate it for a while but you'll get used to it and that is fine.
>>
Cyril Diddleforth - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:52:59 EST ID:jPpWgI0N No.518770 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Oh wait some actual advise, I heard ketosis is good for diabetics...look into that maybe OP. Talk to your doctor about it.
>>
Beatrice Fipperfield - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 18:16:50 EST ID:WV91K+Uu No.518772 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518770
I heard that ketosis is good for controlling epilepsy and should absolutely be avoided in diabetics. Definitely consult your doctor.
>>
Graham Shittingstone - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 10:21:52 EST ID:twMAaV8o No.518783 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518770
Dieticians know more about stuff like this than doctors.

Don't ever talk to a nutritionist. They do not require qualifications to work and technically you can get your cat certified as a nutritionist.
>>
Samuel Grimstock - Fri, 15 Sep 2017 00:12:47 EST ID:L1SDMUBs No.518800 Ignore Report Quick Reply
How'd you manage to get Diabetes 1, OP?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.