420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
I'm boned by Shit Pickshaw - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 00:41:56 EST ID:G6jSfgTL No.518760 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1505277716440.jpg -(145627B / 142.21KB, 1280x957) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 145627
So, I have been fortunate enough to graduate college and work as a registered nurse, as well as get married and get an apartment.

Bad news: I have a physical tomorrow and I am not sure whether or not I have a piss test. In case I do, I'm fucked because I smoked this past Saturday. All day I was freaking out and basically contemplating all of my options: come clean and request an employee drug assistance program and get treated like a low-life, start looking for another job, or follow my dreams of becoming of becoming a writer. Offing myself is not really an option, because I couldn't do that to my wife, but it's still in my mind.

I did buy myself a piss test with a hand warmer that came in the box, just in case. I just know it would look weird taped in between my ass cheeks or something, but again, I don't know if I have to take a piss test. I'm so in the dark, I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Desperation has a new face.
>>
Ian Serrywon - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:47:34 EST ID:TV4zAmlp No.518761 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518760

Bring your friend's clean piss with the hand warmer taped inside some jeans. That way if you get naked or they grab your balls first you don't have a bag of piss in there. Of course that'll affect your weight and probably heart rate on the test so you could end up failing for health complications.

Can't you request a list of what their doing to you? You just gotta show up and submit to the doctors will?
>>
Shit Droggleridge - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 09:53:41 EST ID:gHOhu/Xd No.518762 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's so odd that I used to get piss tested for my shit jobs that didn't matter, like Sam's Club, all the time. But I never once got piss tested for jobs where I actually worked with meds... hospital and nursing home jobs. The only time they'd test someone is when the med-count was off and they suspected something.

I'm just going to put a third option out there that they may not even care if you piss hot for weed. If they turn up opiates or something, then yeah... they don't want you diverting meds. Weed might just get you laughed at and they'll have a talk with you. Don't know what the culture is at your workplace and where you live, but they would have had to fire half the staff at my last hospital job.
>>
Nigel Drannerchudge - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 13:11:38 EST ID:twMAaV8o No.518765 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518760
can you tell them you went on holidays to colorado or amsterdam? Thereby proving you didn't break the law?
>>
Phineas Bunningfodging - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 23:01:21 EST ID:U22IkmCz No.518773 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518765

Piss tests aren't about the law. You can be fired in Colorado for failing a test for weed.
>>
Ernest Clezzlelock - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 03:42:59 EST ID:YyomgOn4 No.518775 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518762
This every "professional" job never gets tested. Often not even when being interviewed.

Then you go to stock shelves and you get tested for dropping a fuckin box of cereal. I've know of professions where a drug test literally never, ever happens. Nurses, Teachers, Firefighters, Welders, Engineers, etc. They just show up, work, go home, do whatever, then repeat. But you can damn well bet if I go to Carl's Jr and work the graveyard shift, I'm going to be tested more often than I'm paid.

It doesn't even make sense, the only people that work shit jobs are drug users and lowlifes. You go and fire everyone over the slightest infraction and expect to have no problems when nobody shows up to work because you turn your place into a revolving door. I've seen it way too many times. A pissy manager angry they can't operate that day because they fired 2 people last week and can't get new people in the door let alone trained.

So retarded.
>>
Phineas Bunningfodging - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 09:04:07 EST ID:U22IkmCz No.518779 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518775
Well it does make sense. It's an easy way to fire someone. They don't like you? Piss test. You show up late too often? Piss test. Everyone knows the whole crew smokes, so shut up and do the awful job or have your shitty life ruined over the manager not liking what you said about their dream to live in Ireland.

It's lame
>>
Oliver Murdhall - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:03:51 EST ID:kAEKpfyQ No.518784 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518775
It's usually you get tested if there was an injury or accident on the workplace. professionals don't have to worry about it because they don't lose thumbs or drop steel beams on cars and shit. If you're going to do a dangerous job fucked up, it's just the price you pay. Anyone who tests for jobs that are low risk is a total asshole though and is just fucking themselves up the butt by imposing additional regulatory burdens on themselves that will only make it harder to hire people and lower employee morale.
>>
Albert Pittford - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:08:02 EST ID:gHOhu/Xd No.518785 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518784

> usually you get tested if there was an injury or accident

That's not my experience. Every shitty job I've had made me piss to get hired. I mean, I had jobs for local shops that didn't make me do it. But the minimum wage jobs for big companies all made me piss.
>>
Ernest Dicklewater - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:24:32 EST ID:94uHFygY No.518787 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518785

pretty sure it's because unskilled workers are practically infinite, so might as well filter out all potential junkies. for skilled labor the pool is smaller so most employers will turn a blind eye to smokin ganja as long as you have the skills/training needed
>>
Caroline Goshfield - Fri, 15 Sep 2017 03:02:01 EST ID:LDJWI9bN No.518804 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>518787
There may be an ocean of unskilled potential laborers but there are far more barriers to entry. Such as actually even applying to a spot. Then showing up to an interview. Then getting through training. Then showing up to work every day. Then showing up on time. Then actually working.

Getting from an empty position to a functioning worker minimum takes 3-4 weeks in a big company. And just because there are a ton of unwashed masses of idiots who *could* fill the roll doesn't mean they will or even can when push comes to shove. Most people who are suited for shitty jobs are rather shitty people. You get what you pay for.

Every big place I've worked at and the ones I've had experience with are literally eager to fire people. And even more of them can't keep all positions filled or even cycling through people. They just stay understaffed all the time. I've always found it easy to get a job within the past 5 years or so.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.