420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Moral Quandary by Yeahboy Yeahstein - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:29:38 EST ID:poHe6t4p No.519914 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1510327778630.jpg -(31264B / 30.53KB, 500x361) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 31264
I'm stuck here. I've got a great girlfriend that I definitely love and have a totally healthy relationship with. She and I are coming up on a year together and have had 0 real fights or mishaps. Couldn't ask for a better relationship.
Issue is, I'm having a hard time not thinking about fucking other girls. It's fucked up and makes me mad, but the monogamy game is hard and I don't know how to hack it. There's bad bitches everywhere where I live and it's hard to just ignore my very real urges to take one home when I'm at a bar not with her. Any advice on how to keep my dick in my pants? Or am I lying to myself about how much I like my girl? I definitely feel like I love her, but why do feel the way I do if that's true? HELP!
>>
Fucking Gittingford - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:57:04 EST ID:eNccYnVe No.519915 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm not going to generalize this by saying that there's a differences between how men and women regard sex but I can honestly say that I personally separate between the two. I mean that I can definitely say I love my girlfriend and not feel that this will be diminished or false if I fuck someone else. If my girlfriend told me the same thing I wouldn't believe her though.
So this might be true in your case too which is fine. I disregard any issues of "morality", it's arbitrary and subjective, not real enough for me. It's ok for me to cheat because of what I stated in the beginning and if you feel the same it's ok for you too.
The reason I never did it (I'm also almost a year with my gf) is because we live together and even before that we started seeing each other on a daily basis pretty fast. I have an average sex drive so she keeps me satisfied, I also don't go out too much by myself and other factors like these.
In your case it might be different so I say go for it and cover your tracks well.
>>
Yeahboy Yeahstein - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:23:26 EST ID:poHe6t4p No.519916 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>519915
Thanks for the response.
I'd say I enjoy seeing my gf on a consistent basis, but living with her is certainly not something I'm ready for. That being said, it doesn't mean I won't feel differently later, but I couldn't see myself living with her atm. It's not a case of necessarily of morality (obviously I fucked up with the thread title), it's more questioning if the thoughts of infedelity are just normal or if their simply bc I'm a total piece of shit. I just couldn't imagine being married to someone and having these same thoughts. I would for SURE step out if I was in that level of commitment with these impulses. What can I do to curb that? Should I try to make the relationship one of those creepy, open relationships? Am I too stupid to have a gf? Or can I chalk this up to just being a dude?
>>
Sidney Clayford - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:30:58 EST ID:KbKvqV7e No.519917 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>519915
>it's okay to cheat
It's not okay to cheat.

Cheating is by definition secretly breaking the rules expected of you. It's dishonest and disrespectful. I don't get how people find it hard to just not fuck other people but whatever. It's not the fucking other girls that's bad, it's that you're expected not to, present a facade of not doing it, know it will upset your partner if they knew and do it anyway. I suspect you can't renegotiate the terms of the relationship. It's not really about morality, it's about empathy and caring. I think if you care about someone, you care about what makes them happy and you take personal satisfaction from respecting them and making them happy and feel bad if you fuck them about or let them down or lie. That's giving a fuck about another human being not morality.

I don't get how it's hard to not fuck other women. I guess part of it not putting yourself in that situation. Be out with friends. Go out to bars with your girlfriend. And yes it's unavoidable that you'll want to fuck other women that's natural but instead of obsessing over it just accept it's just a passing desire. Then go home and give your girlfriend both barrels. This desire doesn't cause you pain, it's because you're choosing to explore it and think about it or maybe you're obsessing over how hard it is to ignore instead of just getting on with other shit. Generally both engaging with a feeling and putting a lot of effort into trying to dismiss it can both be counterproductive. Instead just accept it's there but it's just a feeling. It's not a big deal to want to rod half the women in the room at any given time, it really isn't.

There's attractive women all over the place all the time and it's easy to not fuck them most of the time.
>>
Archie Pamblegold - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 13:27:18 EST ID:4uGF5XEv No.519924 Ignore Report Quick Reply
monogamy is a joke
eventually someone ALWAYS gets bored or finds a better partner
break up and fuck other women
>>
Hamilton Mollertare - Sat, 11 Nov 2017 14:24:26 EST ID:ZMDYtLUz No.519945 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>519917
>I don't get how people find it hard to just not fuck other people but whatever. It's not the fucking other girls that's bad, it's that you're expected not to, present a facade of not doing it, know it will upset your partner if they knew and do it anyway. I suspect you can't renegotiate the terms of the relationship.

It's because of all the polyfag shilling like >>519924 . They convince people it's okay to cheat because love is freee man, and destroy relationships as a result. The end goal of the polyfag is homewrecking. And every polyfag I've ever met gravitated toward one "other" and a bunch of hangers on they fucked at will. The entire cult is designed to enable people's mistress fetishes with no actual love behind it at all and I've learned to despise the movement over time.
>>
Doris Blinningpure - Sat, 11 Nov 2017 16:10:48 EST ID:eXnMCmqd No.519947 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510434648130.jpg -(54119B / 52.85KB, 442x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>519914
A. Grow up and practice some fucking restraint (you slut)

B. Castration

C. Break up.

It's not like people who are happily married or whatever never wanted to fuck anyone else, they (usually) just don't because they know it'll hurt their respective partner. It's that easy, and it's that hard. We don't know whatever you feel about your girlfriend, only you do. It's simply a choice of having a stable relationship with one person or not have that, each with it's own benefits and shit.

Welcome to the real world!
>>
Angus Bibbersat - Sat, 11 Nov 2017 17:26:27 EST ID:BOT0sC+s No.519949 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Don't fight the urges if u settle down with a girl u get fat and go bald
>>
Albert Hamblechick - Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:40:49 EST ID:TV+1Xc0l No.519966 Ignore Report Quick Reply
People are somewhere on the spectrum between monogamy and polyamory. If you feel like you can't remain monogamous (which is what society expects of you), you probably tend toward polyamory. There's no right or wrong, there is only the knowledge of where you stand.
>>
Nathaniel Hickleshit - Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:10:02 EST ID:6y/BqvLB No.519968 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>519914
Im in the same boat as you OP. The way I see things is dont go looking for a hookup but if one comes knocking... you're only young once. Hookup but never tell anyone you did. Not even your best friend. Your sex drive gets lower every year so enjoy it while you can.
>>
Fucking Clorrywill - Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:19:33 EST ID:kAEKpfyQ No.519989 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>519947
This.
>>
Fucking Grandwell - Wed, 15 Nov 2017 01:07:12 EST ID:iU90/d39 No.520025 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>519947
Except for the fact that they're not married

Just do what you want, if you actually can't be happy without fucking other women at least understand that about yourself and work from there, if can be happy while staying only with her then understand that about yourself and work from there. You can't change your nature. Maybe you can't be happy without others, maybe you can, who you are is much more relevant than what should and what shouldn't be done

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.