420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Reality check! by Lillian Bettingman - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:12:33 EST ID:0nygACw3 No.520019 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1510697553050.jpg -(97373B / 95.09KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 97373
Bipolar here.

If it wasn't for weed, excercise, medication and/or mania and weird beliefs I would commit suicide in a second.

I am beyond embarassed by my life.
>>
Lillian Bettingman - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:37:16 EST ID:0nygACw3 No.520020 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't want to. I'm just sayin. Anyone feel similar?
>>
Alice Sonkinford - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 21:03:29 EST ID:F6BBbLXR No.520022 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510711409477.jpg -(127946B / 124.95KB, 600x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>520020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buBa8XHd0fo
>>
Caroline Dartspear - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 22:16:10 EST ID:c7k1hDPc No.520023 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510715770356.jpg -(49038B / 47.89KB, 492x449) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>520019
It makes sense that you need exercise to maintain. Its one of those things I only appreciate when I haven't had any in a while.
>>
Rebecca Handletut - Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:54:21 EST ID:kAEKpfyQ No.520040 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>520019
Honestly I don't know if I can handle the bottoms sober I feel good like I've been to the bottom enough times that I'm not scared of it anymore, but only with weed. If the government takes my weed I honestly don't know how it will go for me. I basically just stop eating entirely and stop moving and become like some sort of half man, half slug creature. Part of the reason I'm moving out west is to get legal weed. I don't look forward to mania anymore though because I always say and do things that I regret and that bring me shame and make it hard for me to face people while depressed without insane anxiety. I hate that it's the only time I ever interact with people anymore. I just go into a cycle of having to use drugs or be manic to feel comfortable interacting with people, then coming down and having intense anxiety about how open I was and retreating into isolation and depression.

I just want to be stable in mild depression. That is my new goal. I want to not be a little bitch and be controlled by my fears while depressed and not go out of control. Luckily I've never been manic while not on antidepressants so I think if I stay away from the antidepressants I'll be able to achieve this.
>>
Rebecca Pammleled - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 08:59:02 EST ID:HjyK/1MH No.520105 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510927142205.gif -(1019225B / 995.34KB, 250x250) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>520040
I don't look forward to mania but it makes me not suicidal.

It just makes me think I already committed suicide and am in the afterlife.

Oh and I go literally bear-spirit angry berserk mode.

OP here btw.

The one thing I hate most is all the edgelords and regular people telling me I don't need meds even though they have never seen me crazy or whatever. It's like the reason I don't seem to need it is because I have it. The stigma against taking meds is the dumbest shit ever.
>>
Fanny Hammerbork - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 07:06:12 EST ID:6OmeeR23 No.520126 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>520105
I think the problem is that a lot of people are dumb about meds in a lot of ways. A bit off topic, but I think I know why a lot of people do that. Remember you're dealing with limited humans bombarded by all sorts of bullshit trying to make sense and they'll often simplify and I can understand how much this shit would annoy you... BUT I think you should try to understand that they mean well, a lot of the time they're just out their depth.

Meds are definitely beneficial for a whole bunch of people but for some illnesses (which manic depression is not one) they're often over prescribed when the depression is the symptom of thought and behavior patterns rather than a brain biochemistry problem. In these cases the right meds can do help you hold it together long enough to get your life on track even then however. But a lot of people know several people who've been prescribed meds long term for something they need therapy and life changes for and watched their lives and mental and physical health get worse instead of better. I've seen it a lot. One of my friends eventually found meds that worked for him but even then it was only because he changed how he looks at life that he's gotten over it.

Anyway a lot of people are too stupid to realise mental illness takes a range of varieties and forms with a variety of causes. So they either blindly pop pills or they decry all medicine as blindly popping pills. No one really explains what prescription medicine really means either. That it means it's not safe enough to be OTC but when a doctor, who is a human with human judgment, decides based on their experience in the hugely complicated sphere of medicine that the benefits outweigh the risks and harm that they issue a prescription for a medicine. That they are making the best guess as someone who is better qualified than most but they can get it wrong sometimes and that doesn't mean they're always wrong. That prescription medicine is not supposed to be harmless or considered it because it'd be OTC and that there's always a judgement made by a human. That the human will get it wrong doesn't mean they know better than most people. People just have to simplify it MEDS R BAD instead of seeing it's a complex situation one I imagine I've missed quite a few variables out on

I will post when people consider meds saying by all means take them but don't be afraid to question if the first thing you're prescribed is the best med, if there are side effects then people should shop the fuck around and try all their options. Meds do kill people and make them put on weight and kill their sex drive but often these problems would be resolved by changing meds if after a few weeks you are noticing these effects. I've seen lives ruined by the wrong meds and fixed by the right ones (often in combination with better life habits).

I knew someone who was manic depressive, she put on 80 pounds with Olanzapene or however it's spelled, but Risperidal worked okay for her. She preferred risking that to being completely catatonic. She'd be been burned by drugs and when she was not in the middle of an episode was clearly smart enough to think shit through and in that state she still picked the meds, albeit more cautiously.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.