420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
best way to find someone at this point by Basil Worthinglock - Thu, 11 Jan 2018 22:43:53 EST ID:K18D88qO No.521392 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1515728633269.jpg -(14616B / 14.27KB, 262x372) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 14616
I'll try to make this as concise as possible but I won't succeed. I spent most of my teenage years with a lot of personal issues and I've spent young adulthood thus far working through these problems and while it's been difficult and I'll always be a little fucked I've made unimaginable strides except when it comes to dating. I've never been in the game and never had a chance to get the life experience that everyone else has. I don't think this bars me from ever having a meaningful intimate relationship like some people in my situation do, but I really just don't know where to start.

When I was younger I never went out with anyone because I couldn't understand why anyone would want to be with me so I was skeptical of anyone showing me affection (as one can imagine, "so and so likes you talk to them" ... "what? who said what? haha get lost" type bullying didn't really help with this). At this point though, I do have a sense of self-worth and my problem is that I genuinely have no idea how the courtship works in this day and age, and rather than end up like the stereotypical "creep" who oversteps boundaries I chose to not risk it and focus on school, friends, etc. which as I said I really did make a lot of improvement and except in this area I'm at least as socially competent as your average person.

Turning 21 recently (and another life event that's not really important and would take too long to describe the significance of) made me realize the time really is now, not because I think there's some "deadline" but because I can't stand to wait any longer, I need to share my life with someone.

Obviously online dating would probably be the best for someone like me but there are so many sites and most of them seem to cater towards people just looking for casual hook-ups, which I'm not particularly interested in. I'm not interested in a platonic relationship in any sense but sexual aspect isn't as important to me as finding someone I really connect with. I could really care less about appearance (to a reasonable extent) or gender.

Really at this point A. common interests and B. drug use are my only two qualifiers at this point. I just want to find someone else whose idea of a good time is smoking a shit ton and going to a reading of Howl. Or getting lost in an unfamiliar place. Or going to festivals and concerts. Or taking acid and doing nothing in particular. Someone I can have an actual conversation with where one of us isn't bored. Someone who would drop molly with me on our wedding night. Someone who's mindful and conscious.
>>
Hannah Meshfuck - Thu, 11 Jan 2018 23:50:29 EST ID:eLRQSL1/ No.521400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My train of thought when it comes to finding a woman:

1. If I can make a lot of male friends, I'm bound to eventually get hooked up with one of their female friends
  2. Making male friends should be easier than making female friends
  3. Therefore I should become good at making male friends

I think becoming more friendly towards other people will not only get you a lot of male friends but eventually you would be able to get yourself a gf. You don't imagine how important it is to have good friends and be sociable. Your friends will take you to parties, they will introduce you to new people, they will organize stuff for you just to have you around. So just try being that kind of dude, it sure can't kill you
>>
Walter Blackbury - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:42:19 EST ID:/HuDbwTC No.521421 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>521400
See the thing is I've gotten a pretty large group of friends and I do all that shit you mentioned, and in general people like me, but the people I roll with I just don't relate to on a level I'd like. I know a lot of that comes with time, but there are people who you make an instant connection to because you have so much in common and it's like you've known each other for years, I've never had a chance to experience that. I can't really use them to find someone either because they're 100% in the hook-up culture camp, nothing matters to them except physical appearance and they refer to the experiences I'd like to have in negative terms like "getting cuffed" and "catching feels". Also god forbid they ever found out I was bi they would drop me out of their group like a hot stone and probably kick my ass for not telling them. This is really I think the main reason why I have to go outside of my current group to meet someone come to think of it.

Really none of this matters though because I was wasted as fuck when I wrote this and I'm just gonna make an OkCupid account and stop being a little bitch
>>
Walter Blackbury - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:43:23 EST ID:/HuDbwTC No.521422 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>521421
I have no idea why my ids different but I think it's pretty clear no one would impersonate me

nb
>>
Augustus Werrystone - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:28:03 EST ID:7IGW3+Ip No.521424 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>521400

NO your logic is terribad. you can only make a female friend through another male? i hate to use neckbeard chan terms but that truly is a "beta" mentality. believe it or not it's exceptionally easy to make female friends. just smile and be nice. transcending the cakefart is sometimes very difficult, but again you shouldnt be looking to other males as a bridge for this
>>
Walter Blackbury - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:16:15 EST ID:/HuDbwTC No.521428 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>521424
I kinda thought the same thing, thanks for the input. I hate people that project like I'm about to do but honestly it sounds like his strategy for meeting men lmao.
>>
Matilda Cluckletare - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:35:30 EST ID:aUdigX5R No.521429 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>521424
I agree. My female friends always hook me up with their friends.
>>
James Bennerhall - Sun, 14 Jan 2018 08:58:06 EST ID:I3Iy9lXv No.521484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>521392
Are there any dating sites for people who aren't just looking for sex?

Someone should start a site.. a SECULAR site.. where when you join you pledge that you will not have sex with anyone within 3 months of meeting them IRL for the first time. That would cut through so much bullshit, you'd both know that if the other person was just looking for sex they'd be on Tinder.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.