420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
How do you keep going? by Hannah Gublinglock - Wed, 04 Apr 2018 21:04:35 EST ID:JWUlcM+k No.523275 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1522890275050.jpg -(282202B / 275.59KB, 1024x681) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 282202
I lack self-control, discipline and motivation. The only time I can bring myself to do anything productive is either when I'm so depressed about my situation that I get angry or when I'm really happy. These moments are rare, though, since most of the time I'm stuck in a numbed mood where I don't feel much at all.

The thing is, the moments I am productive I actually enjoy it because I feel alive and I feel proud of myself and I get closer to some of my goals. But this never lasts longer than a day or two. Then I just slowly slip back into doing nothing and feeling nothing.

I've done all the usual, breaking my goals down into achievable steps, writing down why I want to achieve them, keeping a journal of my feelings, etc. But I always find myself going up and down like a yo-yo.

So, if anyone knows some good tips and tricks on how to switch off your emotions and just rationally, logically tell yourself "this is what is best for me - so I will do this", I'd love to hear them.

Thank you.
>>
Nicholas Bleblingcocke - Thu, 05 Apr 2018 05:12:34 EST ID:yDKihQN5 No.523281 Ignore Report Quick Reply
80% of the problem is just not getting started, as soon as possible. As soon as that "meh lets sleep in, lets not excercise, lets not do that productive shit" thought comes in. You need to overcome it. Push your mental limits each day, make yourself uncomfortable and filled with resentment for that split second before you actually just commit to the action.

Develop a longer term mindset. Instant results will disappoint and demotivated. Commit to the process and reap the rewards later.

You basically only need a week or two of brute-forcing yourself like this before you've made some pretty big changes to yourself.

Have contingency plans for super shitty days. Sometimes I get high first thing in the morning and then do my workout. It helps push through that malaise, although it does take longer to do the workout. But fuck it, would rather have wasted an hour or two extra being slow - than not do it at all.
>>
Hannah Segglenetch - Thu, 05 Apr 2018 07:54:22 EST ID:Bo2wHaQY No.523285 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1522929262868.gif -(69105B / 67.49KB, 300x225) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>523275

I fuckin' burn, maaan. I burn it with fiah!!!
>>
Lillian Diffinglat - Sun, 15 Apr 2018 17:56:47 EST ID:VQ5wMZOH No.523475 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You've probably heard this before, but a hobby can give you a focus long enough to relieve your mind of worries.

Do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Just fuckin try it. Find a local gym and stop by, they'll have a first time loaner gi for you to try out. You don't need to watch a class first, just do it. It fills you with endorphins and pushes your body to the limit and causes you to be in a meditative state because when someones trying to choke you out, you can't think about anything in life but the present.

On days that I do bjj, I eat well, I do stuff I need to get done, because I know that when 6pm class starts I'm going to need the energy and hydration and after class I'll want to relax and eat some more. It causes people to be very self disciplined.
>>
Edward Chabbleford - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 06:18:13 EST ID:s+t7UVYh No.523506 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>523475
Yeah I wouldn't start with jiu jitsu if you're coming from little to no activity level, that's like go from a kid's bike with training wheels to Tokyo drift racing

O.O I recommend setting limits for yourself. Limit the amount of time you spend on the computer. Limit the amount of time you spend indoors. Limit the amount of time you spend at home. Go to the library, go to nature, go to the bar. Sometimes getting out of your cozy cocoon consistently can manifest a change in your overall mindset. With a cleared head, it is easier to focus and not sink into low self-discipline and unhealthy habits, especially if you're not at home all the time.
>>
Polly Gurringhood - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 15:53:34 EST ID:HJRNf/XO No.523519 Ignore Report Quick Reply
numbness is a type of depression

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.