Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
I got a friend in need. by Barnaby Pickforth - Sun, 15 Apr 2018 20:42:10 EST ID:00c5LZ5A No.523476 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1523839330636.gif -(784553B / 766.17KB, 200x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 784553
I work with this guy, he's in his mid 30s; the best way to describe him is that neck-beard anime stereotype that we all know and love. But he has a heart of gold, a good ol' sense of humor and is one of my better friends despite his recluse nature.

He wants to buy a house; move out from his parents place and begin living the solo life, and I am super supportive of this notion.
However their is one major issue.

About 3-4 years ago, he got into Twitch Streams, found some Asian girl who plays his favored MOBA and started donating copious amounts of money to her. I won't go to into detail as towards how much money hes given this random internet cam-whore, but lets say I've seen solo donations of just over two-grand.
This isn't the only Twitch mama I've seen him donate too.

Fast forward to today, hes only a month or two away from trying to get a down payment on his home, and all of the sudden this streamer just so happens to be moving to our state. Plays that MOBA with him on a nightly basis and has sort of put a wedge between him and the rest of our social circle. I've even herd rumor that shes looking to co-sign on his new home and move in when construction is finished.

I've tried talking to him about it in person, but he only gives short handed answers and keeps most of the details to himself.
I feel like my friend is being played as a sugar daddy by someone who is going to suck him dry and run; worst yet I don't know how to approach him about the topic. He's going to be in a world of hurt once the rug is pulled out from under him and I want to help him understand that.

Should I just let nature take it's course or is there a way for me to talk to him about this situation? At the very least is there a way for me to nudge him to be cautious with his money?
>>
Jarvis Chivingdine - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 00:04:49 EST ID:EAInNdJP No.523477 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Let nature take it's course and just remember women are like this because men allow them to be.
>>
Barnaby Sullerridge - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 01:13:18 EST ID:dFnBHUUb No.523478 Ignore Report Quick Reply
you have to be blunt, if he ignores you then thats fine but you have to say something.
thats so fucked lol
>>
Martin Crengerwock - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 01:55:37 EST ID:Zi/8StCf No.523496 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Let nature take its course. Would love to see this girl and to see if she is worth it
>>
Eugene Pinderkedging - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 08:38:38 EST ID:5x+BK0cg No.523509 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>523476
Tell him what you think but drop it afterwards. Its the only thing you can do for him. He has to walk this path, just make sure you're there to help him pick up the pieces.
>>
Shitting Hadgehure - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 09:49:39 EST ID:00c5LZ5A No.523511 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1523972979251.jpg -(22754B / 22.22KB, 227x224) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>523496
Going to keep that private for the sake of my buddy, rather not have him being concern trolled by randos on the internet; no offence.

Basically, a Taiwanese girl, wears low cut clothing and plays the current 'it' games on twitch; shes pretty bad at them as well. The seeing point is that she does that whole baby talk type deal to the audience, did yoga on stream before it became a ban-able offence, and calls her viewers senpai/ whatever the fuck those weebs eat up.

>>523509
That's how I think I'm going to go about it, bring it up in a conversation, use a real world example of a guy I knew who got fucked over by falling in love with a stripper and focus on getting the message across that I'm concerned for his well being. If he catches on, great problem solved; if not then I suppose hes just going to learn a hard lesson the heard way.
>>
Clara Cudgecocke - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 10:38:54 EST ID:6suAgQ1M No.523512 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>523511
Yeah that's definitely what you should do. Use that story to talj about things which haven't happened to your friend yet but certainly will, like how the stripper moved with your friend then lied to get money from him or whatever similarities there may be.
If he's not too far gone, hopefully when these things start happening he'll be like "oh wait, that's exactly what happened in that story anon told me, I see through the bullshit now".
>>
James Bedgeridge - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 11:10:59 EST ID:EAvdFt3F No.523514 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1523977859348.png -(141353B / 138.04KB, 467x358) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>523512

ay burnt car orbros
>>
Edward Socklenit - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 11:32:15 EST ID:IaTqRtaT No.523515 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>523476
You should tell him how you feel but he's an adult and by 30, if he hasn't learned this lesson then he's not going to learn it from you. It will ruin his life for a while but it's his life to ruin.
>>
Hugh Senderleg - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:34:46 EST ID:q7NC3IuN No.523517 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>523511
Tell him but remember its his life to fuck up. One of my friends married a woman like this. All his friends told him she was bad news but he thought he was in love. Anyway 10 years later he's grateful his friends tried and divorcing her was one of the best things he did. He lost a lot of money, some of it was given by other people.

Remember you're concerned, you are just raising a concern. If you berate him or try to force him he'll withdraw. Accept that the odds are he'll ignore it and you just want to say your bit without upsetting him. Maybe it'll get through. It probably won't. As a friend you should try and as a friend you should be ready to pick the pieces up later.
>>
Nell Dranderdotch - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 17:57:34 EST ID:2cRqUGEL No.523522 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>523476
OK so in a way you should let him do his dumb decision but
>I've even herd rumor that shes looking to co-sign on his new home and move in when construction is finished.

No. Put your foot down and make sure that his home is HIS home. If he's still living with his parents then he might not fully understand the weight of having someone co-sign and how that could seriously fuck him over. It's a massive commitment and it's a huge weight on your shoulders, but he should buy the house solely in his name and no one else. After that he can decide who moves in with him and he can set rent privately and completely legally without any worry about the worth of the house being taken out for whatever reason.

He's clearly got money to burn if he's dropping serious money on twitch whores, so let him make his dumb decisions on the "small-time" issues (though obviously tell him that he shouldn't, but he's gonna anyway), but you should completely advise him to make sure that any property, any large value items, such as cars, expensive belongings, should be signed to him and only him. Tell him it's less about trust (because I'm sure he trusts that girl a lot, even if she is a con artist), more about legal ramifications and simplifying paperwork, as well as if the worst happens needing to pay less on court fees/splitting money.

Be there for him when she breaks his heart, but sometimes people gotta learn from their stupid mistakes when it comes to relationships. Just try to guide him out of any big financial issues

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.