Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Running away by George Nerringsin - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:28:08 EST ID:gbSAnyWt No.524860 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1528921688151.jpg -(102043B / 99.65KB, 750x788) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 102043
>26
>live on my own
>no bitches, shitty area
>nearly $20,000 in school debt, no degree
>$3000 credit card debt, I owe nothing on my car
>making $20 an hour, paying $740 a month for my apartment

This is such bullshit. I have no reason to live. I could start saving for a house but there’s so much debt already. I am fucking sick of working constantly, always being broke, never getting laid, and being nagged on by my family constantly every day.

What are the consequences if I sell all my video games, toss all my furniture, delete all my social media, stop showing up for work, get in my car and head to California and start living on the beach and producing dubstep music?
>>
Eliza Billingbury - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 17:46:41 EST ID:jhxT8BUJ No.524861 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>if I sell all my video games
good
>toss all my furniture
okay...
>delete all my social media
good
>stop showing up for work
not good
>get in my car and head to California and start living on the beach and producing dubstep music?
bwahahaha buddy, dubstep died 5 years ago

just get room mates
>>
George Nerringsin - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 17:51:18 EST ID:gbSAnyWt No.524862 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>524861
I don’t wanna get famous, also I’d prob try to get in the legal marijuana industry, and this is more about me leaving this tiny Midwest area I’ve never really left and seeing the world
>>
Rebecca Brookforth - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:59:34 EST ID:BgYDrKs0 No.524865 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i dont know dude but figure out a way to do something cool with your time on this earth
you dont want to spend your life a debt slave
>>
Name - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 21:16:20 EST ID:xQjxrRKm No.524872 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>524860
>get in my car and head to California and start living on the beach and producing dubstep music?
more debt
>>
Betsy Guzzlebutch - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 21:17:40 EST ID:OWx1ClP7 No.524873 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>524872
What if I went to a legal state and worked on a weed farm instead? Not Cali, too expensive.
>>
Ernest Blimmlebitch - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:14:43 EST ID:+oeogUOi No.524896 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Some advice:

Ignore credit card debt. good Credit scores are useful, but not essential.
defer student debt

Then yeah, move. Moving is great. It fixes nothing, but feels pretty good.

>stop showing up for work
Nah. It's way better to give 2 weeks notice. $20/hr is pretty fucking good IMO, and having a good reference will help when you move.
>>
Simon Fillybanks - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:19:16 EST ID:dsn+wF/X No.524897 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>524860
I just did the maths, you have less debt, more income and few expenses than me and I'm saving hard and I still have time and money to do stuff I like. About that credit card. If it's not going down rapidly ALREADY then the last thing you want to do is take a financial risk because you're really bad with money.

Save and pay off the credit card debt, don't become a hermit, but look at your outgoings and see where you can save money. Cook your own dinner and lunch, drink less. Don't spend $500/month on pot.

Find a room mate. You're not in a hurry so don't risk a shit one but find a decent one. Make sure you get a deposit if they're even 0.1% sketchy. At this point if you still have a credit card debt, finish it off in 2 or 3 months. Your school debt is manageable but you can take a couple of chunks out of it and then just make sure you're shrinking it by more than interest monthly and start saving. Build up a few thousand and while you do actually investigate these other states. Look at the job and housing markets, investigate the social lives. Evaluate potential towns one at a time. When you've found a good one and you have a few thousand save THEN consider going. If you haven't found a way to enjoy your life where you are THEN its time to look at a move.

Move there, resume your life, split your spare money between this debt and saving going forward, buy a house, or just have enough savings you aren't in debt in future. Debt means less money to spend overall. There's always a risk you won't live to use your savings or whatever but having a few thousand cushion is a nice feelings. Pay your debts and don't keep racking up new ones. If you don't want a house or to invest then once you've got a few months saved up then put that aside and use your spare money for holidays in cool places, music festivals, whatever. You'll be in your 30s by then sure but you'll be working for a few months thinking "oh I've got 3000 saved up" and using that to something cool instead of getting back and thinking "shit I have to eat noodles, that's $50 a month less for the rest of my life" you'll know you can do it again later.
>>
Phyllis Clonkinman - Sat, 16 Jun 2018 12:13:24 EST ID:ehhnNOgT No.524942 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You have a job and your own place, so why no bitches? Sounds to me like you just need to get laid and your life would be fine.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.