Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
social anxiety/ SSRIs are my last hope by Ernest Drubbledale - Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:14:13 EST ID:eVn9U1FC No.525432 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1531347253405.jpg -(213066B / 208.07KB, 1032x774) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 213066
I have crippling social anxiety that has only gotten worse and so far nothing really works for it. It has fucked up my life to the extent that forming close friendships is almost impossible, and so I spend all my time alone except when I go to raves. It has fucked up my lovelife and made me ruin almost every single opportunity with women I have ever had. I desperately want a girl in my life but the just the idea of starting a conversation with a girl I don't know is too anxiety inducing to consider. My communication issues and inability to perform in the bedroom due to anxiety caused me to lose the only woman I ever got to love. I hate the social aspect of educational establishments too much to attend and cannot hold down a job. Basically... it's pretty much ruined my life and I'm wondering if I should give up and try to figure out how to make the best from a life of solitude.

I have tried all manner of supplements including 5-HTP and St Johns Wort. Even with alcohol, GHB and benzos, yes I feel calmer around people when I take them, but I still feel too inhibited and cautious to go up to somebody and start a conversation. If somebody talks to me while I'm on them, I won't start panicking as easily, but I will still feel too inhibited to open up and have a conversation that actually interests them. The conversation will be awkward and boring and they will look at me funny and quickly leave.

HOWEVER... there are two drugs which were able to completely cure my social anxiety and allow me to interact and bond with other people like a normal human being: MDMA and aMT. In the early days of using/abusing them, I discovered a newfound ability to positively engage with other people that I had not ever unleashed before. I made lots of connections at parties and every single one was made under the influence of these drugs. However, once the drug wears off, then so does the effect. Ironically, I found that my reliance on these substances made my anxiety worse due to the long-term effects of neurotoxicity associated with serotonin-releasing drugs. I had to stop taking these substances for a long time, which led to me completely ceasing to make friends, however I have been re-experimenting with them lately and am finding that some of the magic is still there.

For day-to-day use, SSRIs are my last hope.... I have heard some success stories from taking them. Should I be optimistic? I am hoping that their somewhat similar mechanism of action to entactogens means they may produce a somewhat similar effect in me. Given that serotonin-releasing compounds are the only drugs which COMPLETELY annihilate my social anxiety, my reasoning is that it must be rooted in serotonergic deficits. I used to be completely against SSRIs but I have got to the point I have absolutely nothing to lose.

What are your thoughts? Is there hope for me or should I learn to be happy by myself?
>>
Jenny Pallyhall - Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:57:44 EST ID:EAInNdJP No.525434 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I think giving SSRI's a shot really doesn't seem that bad. Psych's throw the shit at people like candy, that's not to say these drugs are totally safe or whatever, but yeah, you don't really have anything to lose. Try them out.

Your epiphany about MDMA making you more social really isn't rocket science though. It's kind of like when people try opiates and they're like stunned at the fact they're not in physical pain anymore. That's sort of the whole point of the drug, lmao
>>
Priscilla Tootshit - Fri, 13 Jul 2018 08:21:16 EST ID:Eb07jnv4 No.525472 Ignore Report Quick Reply
"I desperately want a girl in my life but the just the idea of starting a conversation with a girl I don't know is too anxiety inducing to consider" So you're not even considering going after what you want?

"I hate the social aspect of educational establishments too much to attend and cannot hold down a job. " disliking or even hating something doesn't mean you can't do it or can't try. You can't always control how you feel, but you can always control how you act. If you want to stop suffering the consequences of being antisocial then you need to make a change. Why wouldn't you make a change if this situation is bothering you so much?

"Basically... it's pretty much ruined my life and I'm wondering if I should give up and try to figure out how to make the best from a life of solitude."
"For day-to-day use, SSRIs are my last hope...."
Oh, it's because you treat it as something beyond your control and blame the situation rather than yourself.

Every time you take action the result is better than if you didn't try. You have an attitude problem. SSRI s or not you need to do something about your life. How old are you? Stop making excuses and go better yourself instead of blaming your brain or the world. To think about accepting a life of seclusion is so lazy it's gross, you don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable? Stopping drinking and using drugs is a good idea too, they bring you to a level of complacently that will not help you reach your goals.

I recommend you set this YouTube link as your homepage so it will autoplay every time you start up your computer.

https://youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
Nigel Noffingtin - Fri, 13 Jul 2018 20:37:41 EST ID:+gORVh+u No.525484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525472

A life of seclusion is so lazy it's gross? That's offensive on so many levels. Do you realize how fucking hard knock of a life it would be to live in complete seclusion and only have yourself and your own skills to rely on to survive? Without the comfort of "a little help from your friends?" Try and move to Alaska and live a life of seclusion and see how easy it is compared to getting your paycheck from an office job and relying on fiat to provide you with the conveniences of modern life and the subsequent social circle you attract as a result of having lots of money.
>>
John Snodshaw - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 03:25:49 EST ID:Eb07jnv4 No.525494 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I used the word lazy as a substitute because I wanted to spare your feelings. What I really meant is that thinking about living a life of seclusion so you don't have to face your fear of basic conversation is being a pussy to such an extent that it's gross.

It's your choice not to improve because it makes you uncomfortable, this issue is entrusting is entirely in your control. Take it as a compliment that I believe in you, but you're such a pussy I doubt you'll make any changes at all.

Seriously just get over yourself, it's all in your mind.
>>
Charlotte Claybanks - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 03:51:08 EST ID:s8FZ3vWE No.525495 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I dare you to own up to the fact that this problem is of your own choosing and take take the first step to conversing with other people even though you're afraid. Just do it!
>>
Fuck Sonderpetch - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:29:51 EST ID:ka63e54W No.525504 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Check if you have parasites dum dum

Evan Brand
>>
Edwin Bliffingmig - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 15:01:10 EST ID:N8SnPlnn No.525530 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525494
What's the "mind"? Are you religious?
>>
Albert Drunnernin - Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:48:56 EST ID:JzqRdu3G No.525559 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525530
Worse, they're genetically programmed to be social and thereby assume everyone else must be by default. So they result to faux-liberal overspins about the mind and humanism and all this nonsense it's painfully easy to see was garnered by little of their own choices and everything of the dice.

End result is they shun massive groups of people while preaching the social religion. Mind over matter, yeah. Keep telling yourselves that until you rot and recycle in the ground.
>>
Fucking Siffingchutch - Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:08:11 EST ID:s8FZ3vWE No.525567 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525559
Great example of the way of thinking that not only prevents one from improving but also from even trying at all. You're no one who should be giving advice to anyone.
>>
Ernest Saddlefield - Mon, 16 Jul 2018 19:18:37 EST ID:ML0J5oxj No.525576 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525567
Great insults and no refutations like most of the religious sect on this board: if you offer any viewpoint that serves a counterpoint to your personal saints, off to fire and brimstone with them. You were programmed to act this way, yet you have the gall to claim you deserve to preach for all who may not be programmed your way.

And what is your version of "help"? Shouting pathetic at the downtrodden expecting your esoteric variant of 'tough love' will win the day? You're a joke, and a shining example of the moron who sets out to do well and does everything in direct counter to his goal. Go on, shift OP's mindset. All you demonstrate is how crtically flawed yours and the majority of this board's mindset really is. That's why your curiated 'lolcows' keep making the same old threads. They have nowhere else to turn, and you react by turning them into a mockery until the rejection forces them to off themselves. Truly, you are a savior, not a drug addled reject with a God complex.
>>
Simon Brettingcocke - Tue, 17 Jul 2018 05:24:28 EST ID:s8FZ3vWE No.525585 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525576
You really don't get it at all. I'm not religious. The reason your attitude is disgusting is because this life is all we have. We get this one single incredible chance to live life, you live in a first world country, and making the choice to blame society and your brain as an excuse to be a sub-par human. not going after the things that you want just takes that one chance and shits all over it. Yes, it's gross. And the fact that you find it acceptable shows everyone the kind of person you are. This is the reason you repel people away from you. You need to internalize this and actually take the steps to make a change. When will you say enough is enough? Become a person you yourself can love, this is the actual answer to your problems. I'm not sorry about your poor, fragile feelings. Make something great of yourself, why don't you believe your worth it? If you thought you were worth it you would make a change. I see you don't. I see the cycle, but you have to break it and make some progress. This is why my posts are so harshly worded, you must refuse to be complacent with this life you've been living. If I encourage you to be okay with the way things are that hurts you most of all. Make. A. Change.
>>
Augustus Brinkinson - Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:22:02 EST ID:gc9kjgVP No.525586 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525576
>crab bucket posting
Most people can improve. You just want them to not try so you don't feel so bad about your own decision. But you've come here to post this because somewhere in your head you doubt your decision. Funny.
>>
Eugene Brecklewill - Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:13:16 EST ID:o0GdJVQ/ No.525594 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525586
>>525585
More insults and religious tier preaching from the worthless druggies on this board.

Why don't you make something of your lives instead of beimg unpublished self help authors on a drug board? It's absolutely pathetic the preachiness on this shithole. I'd rather it be Jesus tbh nb
>>
Sophie Fengerkeck - Wed, 18 Jul 2018 14:33:39 EST ID:JRJpHBxb No.525610 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525594
Learn basic reading comprehension
>>
Ebenezer Duckspear - Thu, 19 Jul 2018 00:32:22 EST ID:mk7i08nM No.525617 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>525610
>I don't gotta explain or argue shit
Learn basic temperance latte liberal.
>>
Ebenezer Hickleshit - Thu, 19 Jul 2018 17:00:42 EST ID:E2c5wYAY No.525634 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's behavioural, not chemical. Magic pills will do nothing unless you change your habits.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.